Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1812 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 17:57 Jivaro

Prez wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:47:
I find this article reprehensible. Hiding the names of the authors simply because they are female (melodramatic much?) is just another thinly veiled attack on gamers as misogynist neanderthals.

At first I questioned the anonymous thing too...but after giving it some thought, I can't say I blame them. I don't take it as some sort of slight though. I take it that they have careers and lives that they want to lead without having it all turned upside down by this mess. There are completely valid opinions on multiple sides of this thing but there is this amoebic mess in the middle filled with some pretty vile people. Would these essays carry more weight with real names? Sure. Enough "more weight" to make it worth the possible hassle? I don't think so. Not while the "Escapist" is the venue anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 17:29 Jivaro

mag wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:42:
PropheT wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:20:
It started with a woman who was pushing her video game being unfaithful with the people who were writing reviews to help sell that game. That's kind of an important detail to leave out, although it was for an indie title and not a AAA game.

Wasn't this immediately proven to be a lie? Like, the person at Kotaku with whom she had a relationship had never actually reviewed her game, much less given it a favorable review?

Yes, it was. That doesn't keep people from continuing to throw that shit up like old shrimp though. (edit: I am not saying that the gaming journalism profession is somehow pure as the fresh fallen snow....I am just saying that this particular accusation really needs to die as it immediatly destroys a person's credibility to keep citing it)

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
2. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 10:20 Jivaro

According to something I read in the Wall Street Journal last year, the Dolphins and the Raiders are in he top ten for jersey sales in Europe. Curiously though, the Dolphins are the 4th best selling team jersey in London whereas the Raiders don't even make the top 10.

The top 10 for London looks very much like the Top 10 for Anywhere, USA. Pats, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys..etc etc etc.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
5. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 24, 2014, 23:05 Jivaro

Not bad. Has a lot of room for improvement but still capable enough. Curious to see where they take this. Cloud storage for non-game soundtrack music so that you can play any music you own on any Steam device you log into would be epic. I realize that most people probably only use one device as their Steam gaming rig, but that is not my situation. Additionally, the future decision to buy a Steam console would be made much easier if I could stream my non-game soundtrack music to the box via cloud storage rather than my home network.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2014, 13:20 Jivaro

Yeah it is...wish I had time to play it now that it's released. Maybe after the holidays the stars will align for me.  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
10. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2014, 13:37 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:32:
Free games = awesome, and Bejeweled is ridiculously addicting.

Thank you, EA. This is much appreciated.

+1

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
8. No subject Sep 15, 2014, 00:31 Jivaro

what the fuck happened to the 49ers. Kaep with 4 turnovers? Wow.  

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
66. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 15, 2014, 00:23 Jivaro

If you are complaining or feeling betrayed about a company being sold to another company you are hopelessly idealistic and possibly delusional. When somebody says "I will give you 2 billion dollars for that" you say "yes". Every. Single. Time.

I would congratulate him if I knew him personally. It would be stupid to hold on to a company or any single game for sentimental reasons or because he felt obligated to his fans. It would be really stupid to do it with this kind of money at play.

It is only a game company and it's only a game. Life moves on and there will be plenty of both in the future. Getting offered this much money for something you created is a once in a lifetime opportunity and he did the sane thing by taking it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 11:33 Jivaro

Once, when I was a kid, I was walking across a grassy field and stumbled across a snake that was just beginning to swallow a field mouse it had caught. I watched with interest for a short bit but I was in a hurry and when it became obvious it was going to take quite some time for this snake to get the thing past it's jaws I started to walk away.

I was about 40 feet away when I heard a thud and turned around to see a red-tail hawk flying off with the snake. Cycle of life....

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 19:29 Jivaro

Rumor mill is saying MS is close to buying Mojang for 2 billion.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 11:43 Jivaro

Weird week. My fantasy team kicked ass, my team picks sucked balls.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2014, 11:38 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 09:59:
"Destiny "really begins" at the level cap of 20," - Ah yes another our game starts at the end.

While your point is a good one generally speaking, I don't think this particular game is guilty of that particular development trend. What I mean is that getting to level 20 is probably better compared to going through a 20 level tutorial rather than going through the meat of the game. In beta I came away feeling like hitting 20, despite being the highest "level" you could achieve, was more akin to hitting 20 in WoW or Conan Online. About the time you hit 20 is about the time you really start to get your feet under you.

My opinion of course...and a biased one at that since I think Destiny is a great game overall. If I had the time to play it right now I would be buying it tomorrow.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X in April
13. Re: Mortal Kombat X in April Sep 7, 2014, 07:13 Jivaro

All "new consoles" don't really exist until a Mortal Kombat designed specifically for them has arrived. True story.

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
3. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 3, 2014, 23:23 Jivaro

Love these games...and always look forward to another one.  

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
10. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 15:15 Jivaro

One of the reasons the folks who played City of Heroes want it back so bad is because everything "superhero" that came after it sucked balls. Champions Online? King ball sucker. DC Universe? Sucking balls on multiple platforms. Marvel Heroes? Will charge you to suck balls....one ball at a time.

Simply put, City of Heroes was a great game that we former players are desperate to play again because there isn't a City of Heroes 2.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
30. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 26, 2014, 00:01 Jivaro

Frijoles wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 23:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

Sometimes, it really is the simple things in life that make us happy.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 22:22 Jivaro

verybad1 wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 16:38:
Saw a few Destiny commercials and quite frankly it doesn't look all that great. Looks like it's just repetitive.

*meh* indeed. Don't care if it's PC or console, just care if it's a decent game. Some pretty pictures but the animation looks to anime just doesn't excite me.

Commercials? You base any kind of opinion off of commercials? Might as well vote based off of yard signs.

Watch some youtube gameplay videos from the beta. You might still think it looks rather meh. It isn't revolutionary or anything, it's just a very well made shooter with some nice online gameplay features. It borrows heavily from Borderlands and MMOs for some of those features.

I thought Destiny was great fun, which shocked me because I haven't ever enjoyed a shooter with a gamepad. Ever. loved the beta. Not pre-ordering and not buying at release because i don't have the time to actually play right now, but I will definitely be getting in on the fun eventually. I tried it with both the PS3 and the PS4. Fun on either, better on PS4.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2014, 22:32.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2014, 16:42 Jivaro

I joined ESPN because I already got an account there and I like the system. If people decide to do something else that is cool, but I am going to wait to create an account with any of them until I have to.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3: Save Churchill Part 2: Belly of the Beast
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3: Save Churchill Part 2: Belly of the Beast Aug 21, 2014, 13:18 Jivaro

It is a problem anytime you need more than one colon.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 11:01 Jivaro

Blue, spraying ammonia or preferably a very dilute mixture of soap and water on the leaves in the evening will deter deer from snacking overnight and in the morning. Do it for a week or two and the deer will take your flowers and shrubbery off the buffet line. The soap+water mixture being sprayed on rather than simply leaving the bars out has the added bonus of deterring bugs like aphids and moth/butterfly caterpillars. On my parents old ranch we had to do this occasionally with our apple trees and rose bushes.

Ammonia is good for ridding yourself of raccoons that invade your trash cans as well. Spray it in and around the cans after every pickup and the smell will deter them until the next pickup. Obviously, if it rains you must reapply.

1812 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo