Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 01:26 Jivaro

I just got finished reading another "updated" report.

The dude who told the police she "just ran off" is the same guy they took into custody. He is a friend of hers and a cosplay photographer. He admits to having had a small verbal dispute with her. He says she "ran off" because she was done arguing with him about when they were leaving. Originally he was her ride home. He says he wanted to leave and she wasn't ready to go, they "disputed", and she "ran off". He posted his side of the story on his FB page, from the police station, and said he regrets leaving and not being there when she needed him.

Now, he hasn't been charged so he could very well be telling the truth....BUT...if this was sexual assault by a "friend" that changes the discussion quite a bit. Increased police presence or security is not going to affect something like that. Partying in groups, outfits, etc etc don't affect this. According to rainn.org, 2/3 of sexual assaults are committed by people known to the victim. A a Con, at a club, at a party, in a dorm...wherever.

Link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/30/5952709/san-diego-comic-con-cosplay-assault

If this "Project Cosplay" guy is telling the truth than I worry that whomever did this is going to get away with it.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 01:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters
1. Re: APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters Jul 30, 2014, 20:01 Jivaro

"So as usual, itís the 1% who is messing up the world for the rest of humanity."

ZING!

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 17:51 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 17:49:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 17:13:
I don't know about the electric chair but I do think our legal system is entirely too lite on animals like the person who did this to her.

Yes, but share a few things on the internets and you'll be threatened with $10s of millions in fines and 35 years in jail.

IKR? Priorities...

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 17:13 Jivaro

Technically, yes, a brain injury. It was termed as "bleeding on the brain" in the article I read. Whether that is from blunt force trauma or being shaken I have no idea. Either way it sucks.

I also noticed in an updated article that she apparently has no recollection of the events from the night. Whether that's from a concussion or from some sort of drugging...or both...is not listed.

I don't know about the electric chair but I do think our legal system is entirely too lite on animals like the person who did this to her.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2014, 17:09 Jivaro

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 16:26:
What a let down, it's a statue of Samus, not a Metroid.

It is beautiful though. I was worried it would be a statue of the blond, emo, "I need the approval of a strong male in my life" Samus from the Wii game.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 17:00 Jivaro

And all of that would be true except nobody here has all the facts and yet the main point of the thread still starts with what the victim did or didn't do.

I just find it troubling on many levels. I am not saying that anybody here condones what happened to her. I am not even saying anybody is truly victim blaming/shaming. People want to discuss it, fine. I am just noticing how "education" comes first and "sympathy" comes second in the conversation....and it's a bit sad from my point of view. For all we know she did absolutely nothing wrong or "high risk" and still fell victim to some asshole. "Ran off" is very vague. If I "run off" to the bathroom shouldn't I feel fairly safe? Not enough info for "education", at least I don't have enough info. Obviously you folks feel differently and I can respect that because I don't think it comes out of some sort of negative place. I guess I just process it differently.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2014, 17:53.

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 15:48 Jivaro

It will always boggle my mind this instant reflex or need that people seem to have....when they hear someone has been beaten or raped or whatever...to firstly ask "what did they do to make themselves a target". Blows my mind every time. As if it matters.

Chick was beaten, has a brain injury and people are trying to discuss how she made it possible for that to happen. It's beyond stupid. It's kinda gross. As Creston said, I hope that if the guy they arrested is indeed the culprit he is put away for a very long time.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2014, 15:43 Jivaro

If I cared about resale that would be a thing for me. I don't. Again, I recognize I am in the minority.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2014, 14:03 Jivaro

Paying to not own a game is not something I want to do. I get it that some people might be okay with it, it just isn't my thing. Even if this was a company I actually trust and not EA I would feel exactly the same.

I recognize that eventually I will probably be without options though. Sadly.

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
10. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 13:48 Jivaro

I sat here for 10 minutes trying to find something to bitch about. Sadly, I can not think of anything related to this topic or thread to bitch about, nor did I have anything better to do with that 10 minutes. I will therefore bitch about not being able to bitch about anything. Well, I would except that now I have something else to go do. Just pretend I found something useless to bitch about and imagine what that would have looked like. Or reread this post. Either way.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 29, 2014, 10:59 Jivaro

NIS America flaking on their sponsorship is unfortunately something that happens to all event organizers eventually....particularly those that collect their money after the event has occurred. (I am not saying it's okay, I am just saying that shit happens) I think the bigger and better story is what Devolver Digital and other indie developers have done since this story went public. Those people stepping up and putting up their own money to make sure this event gets it's funding is not something that an event organizer can expect to happen. Ever. Well played folks.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration Jul 28, 2014, 23:03 Jivaro

They sent me (and I am assuming others) an email asking for a survey to be completed because I beta tested the game but did not choose to play after launch or purchase the game.

It was in my email box for 20 minutes before I clicked the link to fill out the survey. The survey had already been closed by the time I did it. Either their survey is screwed up or they had PLENTY of people willing to tell them why they didn't play the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 10:15 Jivaro

I did go for the legs, mainlyx because I remembered one of the trailers showing that strategy. Unfortunately there were only 3 of us and there were just too many adds to keep fire focused on the walker. I ended up in a 4 person group that took one down yesterday....had a rocket launcher for that fight.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 17:01 Jivaro

That has been my experience as well. Despite the PS4 being on a wireless connection I have had a really smooth gaming experience. Me and some randoms took on a walker today. My first time. We ran out of time....but damn it was close.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 11:08 Jivaro

Jumped n the Destiny beta for the first time last night. Really enjoying myself. Might just be the first shooter I buy on console.....

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
6. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 11:54 Jivaro

I am not a min/max player and I have not played for a month or 2....but can someone explain the logic behind only making these changes for level 70 weapons and not for all levels?  

News Comments > Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer
6. Re: Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer Jul 18, 2014, 09:49 Jivaro

I see what they were trying to do with this. Not encouraging that they don't think they could have conveyed the same message with actual gameplay footage though.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
8. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 14:37 Jivaro

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 13:42:
It's been possible to get into the Russian open beta since February. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Spasibo

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
1. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 10:19 Jivaro

I don't know anyone who has been either following this or in the alpha. Anybody here actually have hands-on experience with the game?  

News Comments > Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs
3. Re: Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs Jul 9, 2014, 19:05 Jivaro

If all they do is make it look better on higher res screens, I am cool with that, particularly since I long since lost my copy. If they try to get cute and fuck with the actual game experience, I don't imagine that ending well.  

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo