Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1669 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
8. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 21:37 Jivaro

Dirwulf wrote on May 3, 2014, 15:15:
I have no idea how anyone can mine in that game. It's so utterly boring. I prefer to explore in low and null sec. Lots of ISK to be made that way. Or join The Code and gank miners. So fun.

And to the guy who said he couldn't find mining nodes, you are nuts. They are all over the frelling place in high sec. Hence The Code.

Long Live James 315!!! Death to all bot-aspirant miners! Buy a mining permit. They are cheap. Only 10,000,000 ISK. Pay up, or we will continue to gank all you miners in high sec.

minerbumping.com

Oh oh...somebody let the RP guy in....

I kid..I kid...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 3, 2014, 21:35 Jivaro

You guys aren't acknowledging that they get to keep the tech, keep selling the phones, etc etc. They are essentially paying 120million dollars to license Apple's tech. I guarantee you that if in some weird alternate reality Samsung had licensed Apple's tech, it would have cost them a bunch more than 120million over the lifetime of said tech.

File this money under R&D, not legal fees.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2014, 12:44 Jivaro

I have a long standing morning tradition of grilling burgers and serving them breadless with a fried egg and sliced grilled onions. When people come to visit, it is usually their first request.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 3, 2014, 11:03 Jivaro

Seems like Samsung won.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2014, 22:31 Jivaro

Comcast and EA are teaming up?

Sure, that can't possibly go wrong.

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
4. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 22:25 Jivaro

They cancelled WoD to make this?  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 22:24 Jivaro

So..Steam is down. At least it is down for a great many people.

www.issteamdown.com

News Comments > Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale
5. Re: Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale May 2, 2014, 13:03 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:04:
And it's utter crap. Stick with Fall/War of Cybertron.

I can attest to this comment, I tried the beta last night. As betas go it is technically fairly sound. As games go, it simply isn't much fun. I was impressed with what they have accomplished within a browser from a technical stand point...it still isn't a fun game though. At least in my short time with it. I suppose I should be fair and say that I gave up on it pretty quickly.

It sure as fuck isn't worth any of the prices they want for those found packs, least of all 450 bucks. You would have to be one hell of a fanboy with a great deal of money to waste to fully dive into this one.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2014, 13:14.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale
2. Re: Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale May 2, 2014, 11:00 Jivaro

449 dollars? wow...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:01 Jivaro

Well done trailer...can't really go wrong with Kevin Spacey. We shall see if it's actually different enough from the last 100 million CoD games for me to buy in. They are obviously trying to establish that it is in fact different, that doesn't mean it really will be. A good and lengthy single player campaign would go a long way with someone like me though.  

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
29. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 17:21 Jivaro

Blah. Rich people suing rich people. I am finding this kind of thing less and less interesting with every mortgage payment I make.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2014, 14:54 Jivaro

I think this situation just highlights why any organization or company should have a qualified person handling customer interactions. The customer is not expected to be "professional"...the professionals are.

BelleChere, the cosplayer in the image, has handled this pretty well. Those images were used without her permission as advertisements. She doesn't attend or have anything to do with that con. So, bottom line, it's false advertising. The only con she does wear that Goblin Queen outfit is DragonCon; which is primarily a +21 event and is advertised as such. She has dismissed both sides of this story as being ignorant and left it at that. (I am paraphrasing, she was nicer about it) I tend to agree.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 11:15 Jivaro

This is why I don't like to watch new shows on Fox. If I like them...they will almost assuredly be cancelled.

Craig was awesome...his twist on late night was great. I hope they don't replace him with someone that lacks a "twist".

On the plus side, at least NBC is keeping Blacklist. I went 2 for 4 this season. I liked Agents of Shield, Blacklist, Intelligence, and Almost Human. Only 2 of them survived....and quite frankly...if AoS had been cancelled I would have been extremely disappointed but not surprised. I feel like the only person on the planet that actually likes the show.

Still...it's been awhile since my DVR had any additions. It was a good year for TV in general.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Apr 29, 2014, 17:17 Jivaro

When CoH was shut down it had a player content creator and many, many, many more than 3 interiors. The game evolved well, which is a good thing because as you said....it was a bit barren in the beginning. The character creator was the highlight, the outdoor missions were solid...but anything that went indoors got old fast. That all really started to change around issue 8 or so I believe.

My biggest disappointment was that PvP never really materialized into anything substantial for any real amount of time. Crafting also seemed to fall flat.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
27. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 11:24 Jivaro

{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 11:13:
Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:59:
I'm not going to look up anything Asian MMO related at work. Can you travel the whole world without loading screens? I seriously doubt it.

Well I'm not that far in (only level 10) and I have never run into a loading screen, running through all the starting from zone to zone.
You can check out people streaming it on Twitch and they seem to be running around on horses from zone to zone with no loading screens.

It does in fact have a seemless open world. It's one of it's selling points. Massively had an interesting read about it back in March.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
19. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 10:42 Jivaro

Here we go again....and again....and again....  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 29, 2014, 03:12 Jivaro

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 01:04:
Yeah, FF was good, not great though. Still I'm always amazed at the lack of superhero games - particularly done as a CRPG. Someone really needs to make a few as well as a new CoH.

I would bet everything I own that if Jack Emmert leaves Cryptic or if Cryptic gets out from under Perfect World, he would make that a goal. Of course, securing the rights might be a problem. I don't know.

Who knows, maybe Perfect World would let him chase it down if Champions Online finally gets closed. I would much rather see a COH 2 than a CO 2.

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
44. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 03:06 Jivaro

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 03:00:
Someone said no piracy on consoles? lol, thats like saying that usenet is no longer used for piracy LOL.

Yes its not so transparent and easy for every day joe but yes it is present in both cases:)

This post quote is further proof of my assertion that the Internet needs a sarcasm font.

The post you are referring to was being sarcastic. The whole "real time strategy games are better on consoles" was the hint.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2014, 18:12 Jivaro

If you never played Freedom Force, which if sales are any indication not nearly enough people did, you are missing out on a fantastic game.  

News Comments > PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June
5. Re: PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June Apr 28, 2014, 12:18 Jivaro

I think it looks like a lot of fun. I probably won't buy it because of the packs/coins system, but it does look like fun. Or at least different.  

1669 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo