Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2068 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 11:23 Jivaro

While that is the cynical look at it, it is also hard to dispute of course.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 10:01 Jivaro

1badmf wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 23:25:
really? people are that pissed that it's been delayed? as far as i'm concerned it's right on track, taking into account the added features. might not see 1.0 till next year, but what AAA title hasn't been delayed. only diff is SC did it publicly.

I don't disagree with your points. I just think that if a project like this originally says it's going to do "X" thing in "Y" amount of time and it changes both the "X" and the "Y" than the folks supporting the original venture should be able to get their money back. I am keeping my money in the pot because A) It's only 35 bucks and B) Because I am fine with the explained changes and timeline. The fact that I am fine with it doesn't mean everybody has to be though.

I would point out that I say "should be able to get their money back". I mean that in a very idealist sort of way. I am not saying that I believe that should be a law or even a rule. I am just saying I think that it's the right thing to do in some cases, specifically those with such dramatic changes from the original sales pitch. Kickstarters and the various similar ways of crowdsourcing are a risk and nobody should throw their money in expecting to be able to get it back. People compare it to investing but I compare it to gambling. Don't put any money in the game that you can't afford to lose. That being said, this is a very successful campaign that, despite the negative picture one might draw from the comments here on Blues, has a huge and devoted fan base that is largely in support of the game design expansion. With all the millions that they have generated I think giving refunds to those that kicked money in based on the plan of the original Kickstarter is the right thing to do. I meant it when I said I didn't think he would get his refund though...I am used to companies doing the "legal" thing or the "business" thing, not the right thing.

edit: When I refer to things as a clusterfuck here what I meant is that I agree with him on his main points of frustration. You are right, delays happen and the main difference between this project and a normal "AAA publisher" project is that the public gets to see it all unfold publicly. That doesn't really change the fact that he donated based on one set of promises and now there is a totally different set of promises that are said to be fulfilled on a totally different time schedule. One could say "well, that's game development...suck it up buttercup" and not be wrong. I am impressed that wasn't what he was told. I am not sure I can think of any other development studio or publisher that would have given his money back, BBB report or no.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2015, 10:13.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 19:50 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 18:09:
http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs Here's the conclusion to my CIG refund request. Start at "UNEXPECTED REPLY FROM SANDI GARDINER (July 22, 2015)".

I'm now no longer a backer of Star Citizen. My entire US$930 was returned.

I have to admit man..I didn't think you would get any of it, let alone all of it. I am not at that point where I want a refund, but I am only in for 35 bucks so I can't really say our situations compare. Good job getting your money. I want to see the game finished and I think it will "eventually", but this whole thing has been such a clusterfuck and anybody who wants a refund really should get one.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 15:01 Jivaro

Honestly, a mobile friendly version of the site is all I would really like to see.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 12:02 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 11:45:
Are there any articles/#'s out there with how many people they feel stream games in their own house? I know I could do it, but I just always conclude I rather just play it natively for the best overall experience.

I use streaming from my PS4 to my Vita when the wife and kids are using the TV that the PS4 is on. It works great for most of the games I own and I am glad Sony does it. I could do the Steam streaming thing but I don't ever have the need. It's a feature that's nice to know I have but my current setup just doesn't provide an opportunity to use it very often.

I provided both examples because the amount of use of either is totally determined by my own unique circumstances. I find the PS4/Vita usage to be much more likely than a Steam streaming setup, but that's because that is how my house is setup. I too would be interested to see an article that shows how much people are really using this streaming feature witheir gaming hardware.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 11:56 Jivaro

I don't understand why there is a comparison between the XBOX streaming and the Steam streaming. It's not a hardware selling feature, it's a feature someone would only use after they have the hardware. They buy the hardware because of the games. If they want to compare something maybe they should start there. I doubt that will happen though...

As for the whole Windows 10 privacy thing...Slick said it best. I can't add anything new to that.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2015, 12:13 Jivaro

Julio wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 10:32:
Amazon Prime sales are pretty weak.

Yeah, this really comes across as a "we have a bunch of stuff that is either old, our brand, or both and we need to sell it all before the holidays to make space in the warehouse" sale.

Very few sales that rival Black Friday and even fewer that draw my attention. I haven't bought anything and I was pretty sure that I would find at least one thing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 11:35 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 10:58:
Is there a good link with an very abbreviated version of what happened or if one doesn't mind to state it briefly. I would like to have a bit of a clue, even though I highly doubt I'd care to do anything about whatever it is at all. I guess members just get to wrapped up in the-site. Somehow I can just go in, browse a bit that I want, get out and go about life. But somehow something sinister has happened (a mod treated unfairly?) that we should care about that will rock Reddit to its very core. Seems like unneeded drama, but I don't really get it sort of like that gamergate thing.

1) Reddit exists.
2) Reddit decides that they will try to go as "Free Speech" as possible by burying the darker stuff and keeping the lighter stuff front and center. The idea being that if it's not there it will be somewhere else so why bother censoring anything that isn't illegal.
3) CONTROVERSY!!!! strikes and the CEO that supports this process resigns. (re: fired)
4) Irony!!! The people who were loudest about getting her to leave were the people she was allowing to exist on Reddit by upholding the policy.
5) Reddit executive/guy/editor/whatever gloats, basically telling everyone what I just typed. Apparently some people believed she wanted to ban all these things when in reality she was the one who was keeping them from being banned. He (this reddit guy) originally believed in the idea of letting it all go but came to believe that they should start banning quite a bit of it. The CEO disagreed. She's gone, so the bannings will now happen.
6) Reddit executive that is gloating is a close friend to the former CEO. CONSPIRACY!!!! theories begin.

That's the short version. I am sure there are plenty of people here that have a longer version or I am missing something or whatever but in the end...a CEO was preventing the banning of things, the people that benefited the most from that were the loudest about getting her fired, and now that's she is gone Reddit is kicking those people out. (or says they are going to) All the while a particular person at Reddit that has been around for all of it does his version of mic drop. A bit childish, but I can see why he is amused.

Not being a Reddit regular I have to admit..it all sounds sort of amusing. From a distance.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2015, 12:50 Jivaro

That's amazing to think that was the last time the Raiders were any good.

Stabler was the QB during Madden's time. That was quite some time ago. Some great football happened back than, including a SB victory, but they had far more success in the mid-late 70s and 80s. The eighties in particular were very good to the Raiders, including their second and third Super Bowl victories in 1980 and 1983. They are tied for 4th most Super Bowl appearances overall, winning 3 of five total, the last being in 2002. All of that Gruden/Callahan stuff was part of a 3 year run as the AFC West champs and 2 years in a row at the AFC championship game.

Yes, the Raiders have sucked for just over a decade-ish but they spent 30 years riding pretty high with Stabler being the guy who was part of starting it all. That's why he is so revered in the Bay Area. When he was playing the AFL-NFL merger had just happened. Stabler (and the rest of the team) gave the AFL Raiders and Al Davis credibility. He was part of a Madden team that created the attitude and the reputation. He was a part of a new generation of flashy/throwing quarterbacks. Those early wins made it so Davis could go get other players and eventually the Hall of Fame coach Tom Flores that led them to the next two Super Bowl victories.

The Raiders didn't stop being good after Stabler, they continued to be great because of guys like him. They have sucked for 12 years because Al Davis succumbed to age and his silver spoon son has no fucking idea how to run a sports team.

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced
2. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 1, 2015, 18:56 Jivaro

Smart sales technique.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2015, 09:44 Jivaro

PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows according to the game's wiki  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2015, 19:13 Jivaro

I had this big thing typed up but I realized it came down to two points.

1) Pre-ordering isn't the problem, devs and publishers making crappy games that would have been crappy even without pre-orders are one problem. Batman was a crappy port that would have been a crappy port if there hadn't been a single pre-order.

2) Customers that repeatedly pre-order and purchase games that have fucked them over in the past are problem number 2. Why in the fuck does anyone pre-order a Battlefield game anymore? I mean seriously. WTF.

Also, Creston's "article" is the best I have seen all day.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
22. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 18:08 Jivaro

Looks fun to me. I like casual ARPGs on occasion though. I enjoyed Van Helsing for example. Going to have to see a great deal more obviously...I can't decide whether to buy it or not based on that trailer alone.  

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
32. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:24 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:11:
Retired wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:03:
Hoping my Batman PS4 and game don't have issues.....

(Just finished about the first 45 minutes) It looks beautiful, and runs at a steady 30. Watching the camera pan around the city during the opening reminded me of the first time we saw Rapture from the sub in bioshock. Your jaw just drops...

And the tank is actually fun, so far!

Yeah, second what Nin said. The PS4 version (which I have as well) seems to be just fine from a technical standpoint and great fun from a gameplay standpoint.

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
5. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 17:13 Jivaro

If they wanted to do a new Painkiller or even a remake of sorts....you know, as a warmup or something.....I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Than again, I would have no problem with a Bulletstorm 2 either. I am fairly sure I am one of a handful of people on the planet that actually enjoyed that game. At least it seems that way.

(obviously I would welcome a new franchise as well)

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
24. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 24, 2015, 13:06 Jivaro

Quinn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 00:30:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:56:
Grand kids are here....so the one time I get a game ahead of release I won't be able to play it until almost a week later. Figures.

Haha, grumpy grandpa. Classic!

That is exactly what their grandma said.....lol....

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video
12. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video Jun 24, 2015, 12:18 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 08:50:
Xero wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 08:00:
Some of you guys complain too damn much.

That's putting it politely.

*snort*

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
10. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:15 Jivaro

looking forward to some more content etc. I have had the itch to play but I think I will hold back and work on my backlog until there is something new to do.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 12:13 Jivaro

I am really glad that I got this on PS4. Holy ports Batman! The PC version certainly sounds like a mess.

I finally got to play it a bit last night and I am having a blast. As I said in another thread though, when it comes to this series I am such a fanboy that my enjoyment of this game was fairly predictable. Hopefully after my toddler grandchildren leave I can put in some more time. In the meantime...back to Lego Marvel Superheroes...which seems to be their favorite PS4 game.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
22. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 23, 2015, 16:56 Jivaro

Grand kids are here....so the one time I get a game ahead of release I won't be able to play it until almost a week later. Figures.

2068 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo