Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2175 (Senior)
User ID 55841
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 10:57 Jivaro
my bet is the day one patch fixes the FPS drop for the most part.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2015, 00:35 Jivaro
Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 00:12:
nin wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 18:03:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 17:57:
What's NSFW about "Happiest Fallout 4 Family"?
Based on the first minute, I'm guessing profanity...

I watched with the sound off

I had a marriage like that once.
News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 20, 2015, 17:32 Jivaro
More stable than the last release. Been using them all day with Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Battlefront. If you didn't have any trouble with the last release I would definitely wait a week or so and let everyone else beta test them for you though. I think that is a good thing to do just in general. I only updated because the last set of drivers were not working so well for me and I decided to give these a chance before rolling back a couple versions.  
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 17:24 Jivaro
Do any of the PS4 owners here use Playstation Vue? I thought about giving it a shot but paying 50 bucks a month for 50 channels seems a bit steep, even if it works on non-Sony devices like Kindle Fire and iPad.  
News Comments > Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled
2. Re: Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled Nov 20, 2015, 17:19 Jivaro
"Redacted Studios" seems like such an appropriate name...  
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 11:45 Jivaro
Ecthelion wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:08:
The Wii U has some really great games, as long as you like Nintendo's games..

While it's true that the best reason to get a Wii U is the Nintendo owned franchises the priority game for me to buy in the event I do get a Wii U is Bayonetta 2...which isn't a Nintendo franchise. Loved the first one on PS3.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2015, 10:53 Jivaro
I don't complain about "too much" to watch because sooner or later there will be a drought. When that happens I can just go back and catch up on some of the things I am skipping due to a lack of time. If the drought takes long enough, maybe I will even raise my standards, but I wouldn't count on it. I have had pretty low standards for over 40 years, I don't see that changing much.  
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 10:44 Jivaro
Verno wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 10:19:
I don't think we need a second console in the house anymore so I'll probably be skipping the Xbox One entirely this gen. Between Steam, the girlfriends Wii U and the PS4 we're more than covered.

Same. We haven't moved from Wii to Wii U yet though. We were waiting to see if the grandkids starting asking for it, which they haven't yet. They want to play on our smartphones and tablets instead.

I guess that means I have to buy a Wii U for me....darn...
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 18:14 Jivaro
Yeah, those are good points Descender. I me the SteamOS and Steam boxes are something I will be looking at when this current console generation is long in the tooth. I could see putting a Steam Link in my living room in the meantime though.  
News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 11:30 Jivaro
Even with my blind fanboy enthusiasm it isn't hard to see the faults in this game. It's Star Wars game so it will print it's own money but outside of the graphics and presentation this is a major letdown.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that if a Fallout game and a Star Wars game were released in the same week, I would end up not just playing but preferring the Fallout game. Seriously, I am the poster child of a stereotypical over-the-top Star Wars fanboy. The only positive thing that has come out of my Battlefront purchase is that I will most likely start working on a Star Wars mod for Fallout 4.
News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released
5. Re: Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released Nov 17, 2015, 03:30 Jivaro
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 22:43:
Pretty sure you get all the new stuff for free if you already own another edition. It says so right in the quote up there. I'll quote it again for your convenience:
If you already own these titles, you donít have to purchase the Ultimate Edition to enjoy all of these new features - we have added them into the existing versions of the game.Ē

Those new features yes, but the Ultimate Edition includes the DLC as well. I don't have an option to buy just the DLC at anything other than full price. My point is that if new players get to enjoy a discount on buying the all-in-one package, shouldn't existing customers get a discount on the DLC or whatever else they need to buy to fill out the collection? Seems fairly reasonable to me. To me, this kind of exemplifies why many people just wait for the Game of the Year edition or whatever for a lot of games. There just isn't any incentive to buy a game until all of it has been released.

It obviously isn't world ending stuff and in this particular case it isn't even a lot of money in difference, but I just don't understand a business practice that doesn't reward customer loyalty. Including the new features for free isn't a reward, that's called patching your customers game client so they all have the same base version of the game.

Maybe it's a Steam thing. If a collection of stuff goes on sale at GOG and I own parts of it, the parts I own are removed from the purchase price so I don't pay twice and I still get the deal on the rest. I don't really see that happening over on Steam.
News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
7. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 22:05 Jivaro
I just assumed that one of the ways Steam gets so many people to sell their games on it's platform is because the developer/publisher can sell keys through anybody they wish. That would be a plus to me if I was a developer. Being able to offer keys through Amazon or whatever increases visibility which usually increases sales.  
News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released
2. Re: Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released Nov 16, 2015, 22:02 Jivaro
Am I missing something? You have to buy the whole thing all over again? If you own Fallen Enchantress or the Legendary Heroes exp pack you can't do some kind of upgrade?

It's like selling a game the same way the cable company sells it's services. Charge existing customers the most when they renew, give your discounts to the new customers.
News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
5. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 21:45 Jivaro
walrus1 wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 21:05:
IMO they are just as trustworthy as STEAM.

Well....see....that's kind of the thing that the GMG CEO was dancing around. Steam falls under that category of authorized retailer. There is no way that a key bought from Steam is going to be invalid because the code is to be used on Steam. GMG on the other hand is a retailer selling keys that they have procured from various sources that will be used on Steam, Origin, etc. It isn't about "trustworthy", it's about adding a middle man and thus adding an increased chance for problems. He doesn't even deny problems happen, he just vows that their intentions are to get valid keys and when things go wrong they will make it right.

I too have never had a problem with GMG but the reality is that when people buy from GMG they are doing so because they have the best price. If the price was the same as Steam than there wouldn't be a reason to add that middle man and thus add a degree of risk...even if it's a relatively low level of risk. GMG has to procure keys cheap enough to undercut a direct seller like Steam, who might also be offering a pre-order discount or something, but at the same time make money. I would imagine that there is a lot of pressure internally to find sources of keys for as low a price as possible, particularly when games are being released that everyone knows are going to sell like crazy like a Fallout or Grand Theft Auto title.
News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. I'm leaving Android for iOS, and I blame late games. Nov 12, 2015, 09:39 Jivaro
That has to be one of the lamest articles I have ever read.

"Android is superior but because I can't handle waiting a bit longer for releases I am going to buy a more expensive and inferior product!"

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2015, 18:45 Jivaro
Sooo...take a old semi-famous game and turn it into a F2P/Pay2Win game for console?

Hmm. If my daily time playing is limited by some in-game currency and I don't have the option to simply pay a one-time flat rate price to unlock the game, I can't see the appeal. Guess I will download it and see what the angle is.
News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
16. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 01:59 Jivaro
This game is, like all Bethesda games it seems, going to be wildly improved for PC users with community modding. Some people are cool with that, some aren't. Too each their own I guess, all I know is I am enjoying myself and I dig the modding scene so this is a high value purchase for me. I have 700 hours into Skyrim. If I only get half of that out of Fallout 4, which is nearly guaranteed considering my time in FO3, it would still be an awesome value.

Is Bethesda getting off easy by not seeing to some of the PC stuff themselves and instead leaving it to modders? Absolutely. I guess I just look at it as the price to be paid for them even allowing/supporting modding. Most companies these days don't even allow modding of any sort. I would rather be able to mod the game and be forced to change my FOV in a few INI files as opposed to having a FOV slider in-game but be stuck with whatever the developer decides is going to be my game experience. I mean, that's why I buy PC games...for the freedom to customize the gaming experience. If I can't do that I might as well buy it on console.

Obviously I would love to have a polished and versatile game at release AND be able to mod it, but I have seen very few of those outside of the Civ series.
News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
9. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 10, 2015, 17:07 Jivaro
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 08:21:
I have to admit, I completely forgot about multi monitor setups. I've never had the space for one, and my OCD would make me hate the space the bezels add to the image. Considering how many games aren't ready for 21:9, I can't imagine the PITA it could be to get a game to display properly across 3 screens. But man, I bet it's awesome when it works, yeah?

I use multiple screens, but not quite how you are suggesting. I use each one independent of the other. The one on my left is the traditional desktop screen with a start button and a taskbar. If I open the control panel or an explorer window, that's where it will display. The right screen is my browser window. I might also throw the email client up on it. The middle screen, which is nearly twice as large as the two side screens, is the primary screen. That is where the gaming, the modding, the youtube/hulu/netflix streaming, and other main programs go up. Productivity software will go up there if it's the only thing I am doing at the time, otherwise it goes to the left screen.

Other than perhaps a flight or driving simulator, I can't really see using all three screens at the same time for the same game. Like you said, the bezel is an issue, but there are others. Support from the games themselves is on top of that list, but it's a fairly long list.

I will say this though: Once you have multiple monitors, you will never ever go back to one monitor willingly. My wife uses one screen at home and 2 at work....and she is getting a second screen at home for Christmas because I am tired of hearing her bitch about it. lol...
News Comments > Activision Blizzard Studios Launches
12. Re: Activision Blizzard Studios Launches Nov 7, 2015, 10:30 Jivaro
Predictable. Surprised they didn't do it before now. Gonna make a stupid amount of money.  
News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
39. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 16:13 Jivaro
I have over 666 hours into Skyrim as of today. (lol?) I paid 60 bucks for the game and 40 bucks for the DLC. One hundred dollars for over 660 hours of gameplay? Best deal in gaming ever. Morrowind and Oblivion had similar numbers. Fallout 3 and NV was less but still quite a bit overall. Seems to me I have nothing to complain about with Gamebryo being the engine for this game. If stretching that engine out for as long as they possibly can helps to keep Bethesda making games I want to play...more power to them.

I am more worried about when they do inevitably change engines to be honest.

2175 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo