Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1543 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
4. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 11:55 Jivaro

I love these games, but yeah...an engine update would be nice.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
5. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 11:51 Jivaro

I doubt I will pre-order, I almost never do that with anything other than my yearly Madden and NBA2K habit, but I will be buying sometime in the first month of release provided the reviews don't call it a bomb. I dig the DA universe, I like what I have seen in all the videos so far, and Origin doesn't bother me in the least. If this was published by someone else and DA2 hadn't sucked so bad I might even be buying this on day 1.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 22:05 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 21:52:
Nate Wells leaves Naughty Dog.

Damn, Naughty Dog is bleeding like a stuck pig. How soon before Nate is working with Amy Hennig over at EA?

Well, he left one Sony developer for another, Giant Sparrow, so unless Amy leaves EA I am pretty sure they are joining together anytime soon. I am not sure this is quite the big deal that other recent departures have been.

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
1. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 09:20 Jivaro

I don't know about the shares bit, out of my wheelhouse, but the acquisition of the rights to the Elite franchise is great news for this project.  

News Comments > SHiFT Heartbleed Warning
6. Re: SHiFT Heartbleed Warning Apr 17, 2014, 09:17 Jivaro

If you never use the link provided in an email to change your password and instead go to the actual site yourself...you kill all the birds. (except keyloggers, but that is a different problem all together)

There is no way a normal person can be expected to know what is fake and what isn't...so don't use email links to change passwords. Problem solved.

News Comments > Blood Bowl 2 Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Blood Bowl 2 Gameplay Footage Apr 15, 2014, 17:55 Jivaro

nin wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:03:
ShakyJake wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:02:
I really hope we're not going to get just four teams again and have to wait five years (and a hundred dollars in new editions) to get where we are now.

That was my thought, too. It looks great, but I'm not buying it if I'm expected to pay more later for a different version.

I hear that. It was so bad i thought this game was published by Capcom. I was waiting for the Ultimate Ultra Super Street Blood Bowl.

News Comments > Single-Player Hearthstone Plans
3. Re: Single-Player Hearthstone Plans Apr 14, 2014, 10:15 Jivaro

I think that it is a brilliant idea. I imagine it being pretty fun, particularly for those of us that find ourselves not really into playing other people all the time. At worst it is a worthwhile experiment with the genre.  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
10. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 12, 2014, 14:00 Jivaro

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 12:59:
Moar here. Warning, it's K, and since you all slag on them, you best not read it, as you might be hypocrites then. Better to have no info at all, right?

I feel so ashamed. I actually got here starting at FB, which linked to Kotaku, and than came here hoping Blue had more.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
18. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 13:32 Jivaro

BobBob wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:25:
Leper wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:59:
It's too late for another MMO.
Wait another generation, then try again.

I am project manager of H1Z1. I read your post and know you are soothsayer. Game is officially canceled. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

The worst possible thing to do is to defend against critics in a public forum instead of applying that energy into positive posts, gathering fans, and promoting the project via advertising, demos and -- most importantly - forming communities. There will always be critics and trolls, don't feed them. Good luck.

Bob..he isn't the PM. That was the joke.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 14:23 Jivaro

I get that you are saying that you think a majority of people liked it and the sites seem to represent that. I really do. Problem is that it doesn't change anything about what I said. Majority opinion and faceless people putting statistics to things are not on my list of most trustworthy or accurate sources. Nor does it make me feel motivated to think differently about my own personal opinion of something I have viewed, played, or listened to.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2014, 14:39.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 11:35 Jivaro

People trust mathematics just fine. What they don't trust is statistics generated by other human beings. Numbers can can be spun to make just about any point of view seem completely valid. Not only that but most people are very aware that companies pay for positive reviews and ratings while other people seem to obsess about how much they hate something and will create 10 accounts just to make 10 negative reviews. We see places like Amazon have entire review sections screwed by people with a bone to pick. We see ESPN or CNN take a set of numbers and spin them to whatever they want them to say by picking a number that matches the message without giving any real context.

It is why a place like Metacritic means jack shit to me. I either care enough to invest the time to watch a show and see for myself or I don't. When a game, tv show, or movie require an investment of money and not just time that's when I ask friends and family or even come here and talk to people that over the years I have seen to have similar tastes. Human nature seems to make a place like Metacritic and similar sites nearly useless.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 02:13 Jivaro

It's a completely subjective thing. I totally recognize that BSG had a huge following. That has absolutely no affect on whether I enjoy a TV show or not. To me it suffered from not just poor writing but boring writing. Even when the plot itself got interesting the actual writing was terrible. The cast was well chosen IMO. The special effects were clearly very well done. The writing just killed it for me. I never found myself actually caring about any of the characters or what happened to them. Too much long drawn out soap opera, not enough sci-fi action drama. Eventually I just stopped watching. It won awards for it's writing though, including a Peabody in 2005 I think. So yeah, subjective.

News Comments > Evening Patches
7. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 01:49 Jivaro

If not a save system, at least some sort of way to re-login to the same game if you join again within a given amount of time. I would think a save system would be easier to implement, but either would be fine. I find myself getting disconnected at least once a session and I know it isn't on my end. My connection isn't stopping and I don't have the problem with any other game.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update Apr 9, 2014, 01:41 Jivaro

Personally, I think it's a great game if you are a subscriber. There are a lot of pay walls for F2P players though. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do it. I tell people to treat F2P as the demo. If you think you are going to stay just subscribe and get a security key. You will get 600 cartel credits per month (500 for sub, 100 for the security key), you can create 12 characters per server instead of 2, and nearly all of the pay walls will be gone. I say nearly because they have some bank and inventory expansion slots you might want to buy even if you are a subscriber. Depends on how much of a pack rat you are. Most people who sub don't need them, I however tend to keep everything.

Leveling up is basically a single player Bioware game (team building, romances, plot directing decisions, etc) with available ground and space PVP as well as team and raid level instances. Endgame is fresh at the moment due to recent content releases. Space PVP is fairly new and shows it. (unfortunately) It's fun in a very casual way. I imagine it will get better over time, but right now it's still got some kinks to work out. Space PVE is worth doing each mission once for the XP, but it is so boring and repetitive that most people stop after that.

SWTOR is still not as great as fans had hoped it would be but it really has come a long ways. If you do decide to give it a go treat the first planet like a giant tutorial. The second planet you get to is when the game starts to really form into what you can expect to see over the next 45+ levels since a variety of the team, raid, and PVP based content will be available to you as well as the story arch and side quests. If you don't like it at the end of the second planet, you probably won't ever like it. As for class selection, start with whatever sounds the most fun. The Agents and Smugglers use a type of cover based combat. Everyone else is fairly straight forward in terms of gameplay mechanics.

I play the game in stretches but I maintain my sub continuously. If you jump in and have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. I don't play with a guild since I mainly solo and PVP but there is an XP boost for most guilds, so if an established guild shoots you an invite go ahead and take it. If you don't join a guild and want to do some of the flashpoints or other team oriented content, use the group finder. It works really well, particularly at lower levels. Just make sure you tell your team that you are new. People are accustomed to racing through the group content at this point. Most people are cool with slowing down so the new guy can understand what the hell is going on.

Wow, that turned into a much longer post than I initially meant to write.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut Apr 8, 2014, 18:33 Jivaro

I love these games for some reason, yet I don't know many other people who do. 3 bucks for the added content is nice. More gaming goodness for the backlog. Not that I am complaining, but when am I ever going to have the time to catch up....  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Apr 8, 2014, 18:19 Jivaro

Someone just told me that the Crusader's Blessed Shield is killing the player and sometimes their groups members as part of some bug. I would advise not doing hardcore mode with a crusader until it is fixed.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2014, 13:57 Jivaro

Is that a mouse or a Decepticon?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 12:02 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:56:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:45:
if Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

Oh God, yes. HAWWWTTTT.

lol...

I didn't know that bit about the Guild. Makes sense from an employee stand point I guess.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:33:
I was very excited when I saw the "new BSG movie", but it's Yet Another Reboot.

for fuck's sake, hollywood...

I am a person who found the most recent BSG and Caprica shows to be terrible and I still agree with that Creston. 20 or more years goes by and I understand a reboot. Less than 5 though? Really? Are they going to make a movie aimed at the CW/WB tween/teen crowd?

If Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:39 Jivaro

Just kinda odd that he had to choose between the two. I mean, lots of people do movies and TV at the same time. Guess the filming schedules just weren't compatible.

I agree with your premise Creston, although it had to be a tough call to some extent. Thrones is a huge hit. People (like me) who haven't read the books or seen the show still know about it because it is literally everywhere. I would argue that even a supporting role on a show like that is a pretty big resume builder and a guaranteed stepping stone to bigger things whenever the show ends or his character is killed off.

Which begs a different question. I haven't read the books or seen the show but I know enough to know that Martin kills people off like Garfield eats lasagna. I am not saying his character is going to die soon, I would have no idea, but if he knows his character has a terminal point in the not so distant future than taking this movie offer is obviously brilliant. I just wonder how HBO will keep people from accepting better paying jobs in the future. Seems like they should have signed him for the duration of the character's "life" if they wanted to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

1543 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo