Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1814 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
24. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 20, 2014, 11:13 Jivaro

This game didn't sell anywhere near what the publisher expected on any platform. I think that speaks to the game's failings more than any one thing you can list on the PC platform specifically. I really don't think it had anything to do with Origin. Had it been a good game, generally speaking, people would have bought it regardless of Origin. PC gamers talk tough but ultimately they cave if a game is good enough. This was a new IP which means it had to really impress out of the gate and it just didn't. I agree with other folks that have pointed out the lack of single player as a major killer. On the PC specifically the game would have benefited from many of the things that other people have mentioned but the game failed as whole because it just wasn't that great of a game. Not at launch anyway. If some folks were able to enjoy it, good for them....but this fell well below everybody's expectations from a sales point of view.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
28. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 16:43 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:53:
I picked up the Last Remnant for 5 bucks.

I picked that up a year or two ago. I keep meaning to play it...I keep letting it slide. All my friends told me I would really dig it. My backlog is my own worst enemy.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
48. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:13 Jivaro

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people continue to look at games as toys and thus enter "but think of the children!" mode when something as tasteless as this game comes up. What really blows my mind is when adult gamers who really should know better do it. Yes, it's a video game. No, that doesn't mean it's for kids.

All of that said, would Valve have been within their rights to keep the game off their platform? Of course. Eventually there will be a game that Valve does refuse to sell, it's only a matter of time. (Maybe it's happened already, I don't know) That's their decision to make.

I would note however that if Valve finds this particular game to be "Adult Only" that perhaps something stronger than an age gate should be required to view the store page. What that would be, I have no idea, that isn't exactly my area of expertise. I am just saying that if you sell it with the rest of the toys the kids are going to see it and if you care about that you should do something about it. Personally, I don't think they really do care about it. I don't think many people do. Our culture is hyper-violent and hyper-sexualized here in the US and thus I just don't see many people getting amped up enough about this kind of thing to actually do anything practical and fair about it. Complaining is much easier and we are really good at it.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
3. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 10:20 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:13:
The weapons/armor are outclassed soon after obtaining them, don't bother.

While I won't dispute their rather disappointing value to the player given that they essentially cost money to own, it should be pointed out that at a "certain" point in the game you receive new recipes for upgraded versions of all of the "Dragon" armor and weapons. They look the same and still can only be worn/used by the player but their stats are brought up to a level that makes them relevant again. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think they even have upgrade slots...but I could be wrong on that.

I have found these new recipes to be somewhat useful depending on which class I am playing with and what items I have found by the time I get to that point in the game. The stuff I get at the beginning of the game on the other hand is nearly useless within the first hour or so. It would help tremendously if the initial set you receive was upgrade-able through crafting.

As for the mounts....I think their use is so limited from a practical standpoint that I don't really care which one I am using. Folks who are more into the role-playing part of the game might find the selection of mounts more agreeable though. There is basically something for everyone and they are fairly easy to accumulate.

Personally, I wish they had put more time into other QoL issues but maybe I will see some of that in future patches and DLC.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 10:27.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 13, 2014, 13:13 Jivaro

mag wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 01:58:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:12:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 20:21:
One unexpected surprise for me with the PS4\GTA was the speaker in the controller. The extra dimension added with that speaker is bloody marvelous and R* did a great job utilizing it. Anyone who's playing GTA on the X1 is missing out.

Another Nintendo innovation copied the next generation.

Didn't the Dreamcast VMUs have a speaker?

I don't know who was first but Nyko has the current trademark on a controller with "a built in microphone and speaker". They have had it since 2005, filed for it in 2004.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
22. Re: KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Dec 12, 2014, 12:51 Jivaro

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:36:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:30:
El Pit wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:15:
SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:02:
Raven wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:55:
Atomic wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:49:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:32:
Half-Life 3 confirmed!
For iOS devices

Card game....

Graphic novel.

Costs 3 Trillion gems.

Per chapter...

Per HAT. Hat-Life 3.

Additional requirements & DRM: GFWL, Origin, uPlay, Rockstar Social, Securom, Tages and Starforce

Also, it's being re-envisioned as an "exploration game" in which Gordon walks around the empty City 17 to discover his brother's teenage sexual awakening which the benefactors greatly disapproved of.

Tablet/Smartphone Companion puzzle game available through Google Play and Itunes stores. Now with mobile achievements!

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Community Warfare Beta
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Community Warfare Beta Dec 11, 2014, 23:20 Jivaro

The title "Community Warfare" is an interesting choice. Perhaps even ironic.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 11, 2014, 16:33 Jivaro

Happy to...err...help... ?  

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
26. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 13:01 Jivaro

I just got finished going trough the tutorial and I haven't played a online match yet...but I have to say...nicely done Mojang. I can see many people having this listed as an addiction. These type of games don't generally keep my attention so I am not the target audience, but I like what I have seen so far.  

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
22. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:35 Jivaro

Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:14:
Anyway I just jumped the shark...
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2014, 11:16 Jivaro

Or Blue follows her on Twitter...  

News Comments > Evening Patches
16. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 14:51 Jivaro

Quinn, have a Snickers. You turn into a (Bioware) fanboy when you're hungry (for a decent RPG).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 11:58 Jivaro

All of my "troll" stereotypes involving young men living in their mother's basement have been blown out of the water. Clearly the best of the Internet trolls are college professors.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
10. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 03:03 Jivaro

InBlack, I am thinking that for Joe that kind of thing happens because of two things:

1) Joe is angry...that's his schtick. Many games he just bashes and than gives a fairly positive final number.

2) This is one of those games where you can list off the things you want them to improve or change and rant about the console UI......but at the end of the day you are still having a blast while you are playing it. Just like most (but not all) Bioware games.

I am not sure I would give it a 9/10 at release...but I would call it my GOTY and I am pretty certain that by the time the GOTY edition is released with all it's patches and DLC I will be looking back on it as one of the better games of the last 5 years.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 03:17.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 9, 2014, 23:16 Jivaro

PropheT wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:08:
Why is Revan a bad guy? My Revan wasn't a bad guy anymore.

You save "good guy" Revan from the Emperor...than he finds out there is a cult based on him and he shuns it....than he decides they are useful and uses them to build an army because neither the Sith Empire or Galactic Republic are worthy of ruling and goes all "I am not Jedi or Sith, I am just better than all of youm MUAHAHAHAHAHA"...and than you play this expansion.

Obviously it's not quite like that but I figured you would want the short and easy version.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 23:06 Jivaro

I wonder if it will include the content the expansions added or if those will be $$ DLC.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
44. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 15:59 Jivaro

I patched, but I haven't run the game yet. I think I will not play until they run another patch. I am way too attached to the appearance of my two characters to have them be screwed up. (MORE hair options would be nice though)  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
43. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 13:07 Jivaro

The romance options are optional, inclusive, humorous, and fairly well written for the most part. They will never be able to please 50% of the players, let alone 100%, but for me I think this is probably one of their better games, if not the best, when it comes to that particular aspect.

The combat of the game, to me, is more fun as a ranged class. I find the melee classes clumsy and awkward to control. This holds true particularly with a keyboard/mouse but I haven't found it to be much better with a gamepad. It's a personal preference thing though, some people obviously feel differently. I honestly find the mage class to be the hands down best class to play in the game.

What other people have said about "don't be a completionist" is true. The game will drain you quick if you let yourself get hung up on every single side quest. Do what interests you and move along...that's my advice.

My GOTY without a doubt. Can't think of another game that is better "overall". Like Origins, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim...this is a RPG you can play, put down, and than play again and have very nearly as much fun. Perhaps more.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 13:15.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Confirmed
4. Re: Street Fighter V Confirmed Dec 8, 2014, 12:10 Jivaro

Theo wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:44:
The cool thing about this is that PC and Ps4 Players are getting cross platform play - thats awsome - especially as the PC skill levels (on 4) dont seem to be as advanced as the console users.

I wonder if that is why there isn't a XBONE/XBOX 360 version coming....MS wouldn't authorize cross-platform.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 22:27 Jivaro

Slashman wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:48:
Rossini wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:30:
Genesys wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 12:36:
Welcome back, Skyrim!
3+ years after it's release. My question is, who are all these people who haven't bought it until now?

No idea. Can't think of anyone I know who doesn't own it that plays PC games.

I wonder if it gets given as gifts. I have bought it a couple of times now as a gift to people who at the time it was released either didn't have a PC to game on or were too young to play the game. My nephews in particular come to mind.

1814 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo