Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
30. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 26, 2014, 00:01 Jivaro

Frijoles wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 23:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

Sometimes, it really is the simple things in life that make us happy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 22:22 Jivaro

verybad1 wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 16:38:
Saw a few Destiny commercials and quite frankly it doesn't look all that great. Looks like it's just repetitive.

*meh* indeed. Don't care if it's PC or console, just care if it's a decent game. Some pretty pictures but the animation looks to anime just doesn't excite me.

Commercials? You base any kind of opinion off of commercials? Might as well vote based off of yard signs.

Watch some youtube gameplay videos from the beta. You might still think it looks rather meh. It isn't revolutionary or anything, it's just a very well made shooter with some nice online gameplay features. It borrows heavily from Borderlands and MMOs for some of those features.

I thought Destiny was great fun, which shocked me because I haven't ever enjoyed a shooter with a gamepad. Ever. loved the beta. Not pre-ordering and not buying at release because i don't have the time to actually play right now, but I will definitely be getting in on the fun eventually. I tried it with both the PS3 and the PS4. Fun on either, better on PS4.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2014, 22:32.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2014, 16:42 Jivaro

I joined ESPN because I already got an account there and I like the system. If people decide to do something else that is cool, but I am going to wait to create an account with any of them until I have to.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3: Save Churchill Part 2: Belly of the Beast
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3: Save Churchill Part 2: Belly of the Beast Aug 21, 2014, 13:18 Jivaro

It is a problem anytime you need more than one colon.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 11:01 Jivaro

Blue, spraying ammonia or preferably a very dilute mixture of soap and water on the leaves in the evening will deter deer from snacking overnight and in the morning. Do it for a week or two and the deer will take your flowers and shrubbery off the buffet line. The soap+water mixture being sprayed on rather than simply leaving the bars out has the added bonus of deterring bugs like aphids and moth/butterfly caterpillars. On my parents old ranch we had to do this occasionally with our apple trees and rose bushes.

Ammonia is good for ridding yourself of raccoons that invade your trash cans as well. Spray it in and around the cans after every pickup and the smell will deter them until the next pickup. Obviously, if it rains you must reapply.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 10:55 Jivaro

I kinda see where the NFL is coming from on this one. At least from a business perspective. I would rather the NFL pick a show that has broad/classic appeal and pay a bit to make sure it goes off well rather than the latest teen pop-star with the largest record deal paying their way on stage...but I see the league's point. The audience for the Super Bowl is huge and any performers are going to gain much more from the performance than the NFL is going to gain from having that specific performer. Nobody says "I am going to watch the Super Bowl because "insert band here" is performing at halftime". (okay, nearly nobody) The only thing the performers change is whether or not people actually keep watching the TV for that 30 or so minutes.

In fact, perhaps it's the network carrying the game that should consider throwing some money up for the halftime show. I would imagine that expected viewership during halftime changes based on the popularity of the halftime performers. As such, the amount of money a network can can expect to charge for commercials would be affected as well no?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 17:30 Jivaro

garrywong wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:23:
Wait wait wait, what? Witcher 3 is going to be on consoles? WTF? Oh man, dreams ruined... oh what compromises will I have to suffer because the game had to be made to run on consoles...

Huh? Witcher 2 was on Xbox 360 and PC. Did it somehow feel compromised to you? I thought it was better than the first game in just about every way. (the pc version, I never played the console version)

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
24. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 14:19 Jivaro

I know what you mean Beamer and I am saying that kind of generalization is ridiculous. Hell, I would bet most of us know 25+ year old's living at home. I am not sure their physical address has much to do with anything. I know one girl living at home at 27 because her father is disabled. I know one guy living at home at 28 because he lost his job. I don't know anyone living at home in their 20s because they simply like the basement...as the stereotype seems to be. On the flip side, I moved out of my parent's home at 17. Does that mean I could have been dating a 29 year old woman and it would be okay by your standards? Would we have had more to talk about somehow because I wasn't living at home? I don't think you really believe that.

I agree in principal that a 29 year old man with some level of self respect should be aiming for women with a similar level of life experience. I just don't think that can always (or even generally) be measured by age or physical address. I also think it gets really situational when you are talking about people in their late teens.

I don't think people should break the law though, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. I mean, I suppose they have to draw that arbitrary line somewhere for the purposes of the legal system. Sixteen, eighteen, whatever. It's still arbitrary and there will never be a time where everybody agrees with it or that it is practical for every single person or relationship. I have seen the pictures of this particular woman and if she was telling him she was 20 (which could be total bullshit, I admit) I have no doubt that he didn't feel at all inclined to check her ID. She easily passes for 20. They obviously have a lot in common as well, one look at both of their FB pages will tell you that.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 14:54.

21. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 13:11 Jivaro

My wife is 12 years older than me. We don't seem to have trouble finding conversation topics. We particularly enjoy the "why do people give a fuck about our age difference?" one. It can be quite hilarious.

I know, different stages of life...blah blah blah....but the idea that you can categorize interests and perspectives by some sort of arbitrary age grouping and than judge all people by it is ridiculous.

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 11:24 Jivaro

If you are a professional model/entertainer/etc and you aren't drawing attention to yourself and enjoying it you probably aren't going to be in the profession very long and you probably aren't very good at it. Never understood why people use that against anyone anyway, let alone models and people of similar professions. It's the job and just like a lot of people, they do the job because they are good at it and because they like it. Getting paid to do something you love to do is one of those things on the list of "I win at life" accomplishments in my book.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 1, 2014, 09:52 Jivaro

I took a look at the PSNow stuff last night. The pricing isn't just ridiculous. It's just stupid.

Seriously Sony, you were doing so well for a while there. Who let the stupid people start making decisions again?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 22:16 Jivaro

She fell.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2014, 20:43 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:17:
...I'm not interested until a monthly all you can eat option, or preferably an option to "buy" (IE rent) a title, with unrestricted access.

I said in another thread, which was about EA's deal with MS, that I wasn't interested in paying not to own games. I still feel that way, but you bring up an interesting angle. I might be tempted by a system that allows me to "rent-to-own" in a matter of speaking. I might even be willing to sub for Amazon Prime type access, but the pricing would have to be at least in the ballpark of what EA is doing on the XBone.

In the end I don't really like any of this "digital copy only" stuff. Got to adjust to the times though.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 15:27 Jivaro

There is a small part of me that feels like she is due some compensation. If she reports it in early December and they don't do anything about it for 2 months....wtf is that?

It's a small part...but I can sorta see her angle. That doesn't mean I think she will win or should win, but I can't blame her for trying.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 31, 2014, 10:49 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 09:10:
I tried Fez for a bit and wasn't overly impressed. Perhaps it was my feeble mind trying to keep up with the map system....music was good, though!

Same. Music was the best part.

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 01:26 Jivaro

I just got finished reading another "updated" report.

The dude who told the police she "just ran off" is the same guy they took into custody. He is a friend of hers and a cosplay photographer. He admits to having had a small verbal dispute with her. He says she "ran off" because she was done arguing with him about when they were leaving. Originally he was her ride home. He says he wanted to leave and she wasn't ready to go, they "disputed", and she "ran off". He posted his side of the story on his FB page, from the police station, and said he regrets leaving and not being there when she needed him.

Now, he hasn't been charged so he could very well be telling the truth....BUT...if this was sexual assault by a "friend" that changes the discussion quite a bit. Increased police presence or security is not going to affect something like that. Partying in groups, outfits, etc etc don't affect this. According to rainn.org, 2/3 of sexual assaults are committed by people known to the victim. A a Con, at a club, at a party, in a dorm...wherever.

Link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/30/5952709/san-diego-comic-con-cosplay-assault

If this "Project Cosplay" guy is telling the truth than I worry that whomever did this is going to get away with it.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 01:33.

News Comments > APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters
1. Re: APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters Jul 30, 2014, 20:01 Jivaro

"So as usual, itís the 1% who is messing up the world for the rest of humanity."

ZING!

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 17:51 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 17:49:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 17:13:
I don't know about the electric chair but I do think our legal system is entirely too lite on animals like the person who did this to her.

Yes, but share a few things on the internets and you'll be threatened with $10s of millions in fines and 35 years in jail.

IKR? Priorities...

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 17:13 Jivaro

Technically, yes, a brain injury. It was termed as "bleeding on the brain" in the article I read. Whether that is from blunt force trauma or being shaken I have no idea. Either way it sucks.

I also noticed in an updated article that she apparently has no recollection of the events from the night. Whether that's from a concussion or from some sort of drugging...or both...is not listed.

I don't know about the electric chair but I do think our legal system is entirely too lite on animals like the person who did this to her.

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo