Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2115 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 2, 2015, 22:23 Jivaro

Yeah see, I didn't care for Rocket League. In fact, Infamous and the Tomb Raider isometric game are about the only games I have been interested in for some time. Even then, I haven't really had the motivation to spend much time with either yet. As for the indie games, the only Plus indie games that I would have enjoyed are the ones I already own on PC. This month's games in particular are not at all interesting to me. Now, I am not saying the games are bad by any means. I am just saying the games by themselves aren't selling me on the sub plan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2015, 12:41 Jivaro

This will be my first year in a long time with no pick'em leagues or fantasy leagues. The NFL has become a circus and my wife and I have given up on watching it. At least for now. Maybe if they get rid of Goodell we will reconsider but right now the owners and the players are so often equally repulsive that having a commissioner who acts like the Godfather just makes it so we don't really want to cheer on anyone and we definitely don't won't to contribute to their wallets.

I love the sport and despite it's own numerous flaws I will continue to follow college ball...but the pros are just not fun to watch anymore.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 2, 2015, 12:35 Jivaro

This is a step in the right direction. The "free" games have been less and less interesting to me and I don't use multiplayer services very often so I have been considering letting my Plus membership lapse in a year or so when it expires finally. More cloud storage is exactly the kind of thing I can use. If they add a few more "quality of life" type things I can actually point at and say "I use that"...I might keep the service.  

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
14. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 12:03 Jivaro

There are some great ARPGs out there right now. Remember when Titans Quest and Sacred 2 were highlighting the genre? Not that their bad games, Titans Quest in particular was great, but it's a bit different today. Whether you like it or not, Diablo 3 is a big seller. POE has been extremely successful in every measurable way. I know a lot of people here don't often think of it but Marvel Heroes has a large player base as well. Than you add in titles like Grim Dawn and the Van Helsing games that have sold well. It's just a very crowded genre with a lot of fun games. Not that anyone usually plays only one game but there is only so much time in a day.

If the numbers say the genre is too crowded or being dominated by a singular title than it doesn't make sense to force yourself to release another game in the same genre at that time, particularly if the dev team's heart really isn't in it. Maybe Torchlight 3 comes in 5 years, maybe it comes in 10. Sounds to me like they made a smart decision. I do hope they make a 3rd one eventually though. I really enjoyed my time with the first two.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
28. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 31, 2015, 03:06 Jivaro

What is this fun you speak of?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
11. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 01:32 Jivaro

My favorite game is better than your favorite game! So there! Nah nah nah!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 29, 2015, 18:29 Jivaro

Holy shit do all you guys all sound like a bunch of old tech nerds. I wonder why that is...lol...oh wait, it's because that's what we are...

Forget the argument about Windows 10 for a minute. I am not talking about that. (For the record, I am in the middle of a test install of Windows 10 to see for myself how good/bad it is) I am talking about this assumption that the average parent still doesn't actually know how to use a computer.

That was true in like 2004. It's 2015 folks. My step children are 30, 28, and 23 and don't even remember what it was like not to have a computer. I have four grandchildren from that lot and one of them has already started to show me how to do some things on my Android tablet that I hadn't even known I could do. The times have changed. I am not saying all these folks are technically proficient by any means but a different mindset has developed. In 2002 or so, people bought a computer and blindly pushed the buttons they were told too or seemed obvious. People like most of us were either trained or knew where to look or who to ask to accomplish certain things in a OS. In 2015 people assume that just about anything can be done and if they can't figure it out they can just type the question into the Google search bar and the answer will magically appear. Need parental controls for Windows 10? You don't need to be techie to know how to do that, you have to know how to use Google.

Holy hell I wish it had been that easy when Windows ME came out.

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
17. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 29, 2015, 11:32 Jivaro

SlimRam wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 10:54:
They need to get Tim Burton to do it and his wife Helena Bonham Carter could be Moxxie! RAAAWWWWWR

They got divorced...but perhaps that would work out really well in terms of her playing Moxxie.

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
13. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 29, 2015, 02:35 Jivaro

Find a way to get Rodriguez or Tarantino to direct/write it.

That would be entertainment right there. I don't know if it would actually be good but I am laughing just thinking about the possibilities.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 16:51 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 16:47:
Has there ever been a Wookie Jedi?

Tyvokka is the first one that comes to mind.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka

News Comments > "Do or Die" for Frozenbyte
7. Re: Aug 27, 2015, 13:46 Jivaro

When people fuck up life moves on more easily when they admit to it. They did. Life moves on. Trine 3 is short but it's still a fun game. It isn't like they released a Daikatana episode here. (oh yes I did...)

Very refreshing to see someone own their mistakes in today's world of always finding someone else to blame. Blaming them for making mistakes is...redundant. I am not saying they deserve medals for owning it, I am not even saying you need to go buy their game. I am just saying that they owned it, the game is pretty decent despite it's brevity, and life moves on. Hopefully they have learned from it as much as they claim to. Their next release that has a price tag attached to it is going to be met with a very critical eye from the customers. If they haven't learned anything that is when you will be able to tell.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 21:17 Jivaro

Everybody racing to be first with the latest headline I guess.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 14:40 Jivaro

waste of a cell.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 14:23 Jivaro

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 14:22:
AP now claims he's dead.

good.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 14:13 Jivaro

This story just keeps getting worse.

The cameraman's fiance was part of the production staff at the station and was part of the crew monitoring the broadcast. She got to watch her fiance get killed on live TV with the rest of the world.

The shooter's parents live 10 minutes from my house (on the west coast) and the media has arrived in swarms. I feel really badly for them as well. One of our local station's was the place the shooter interned at after graduating from a college in SF. People on the air are expressing just how creeped out they suddenly feel at realizing they used to work with this guy.

The shooter shot himself but it is now confirmed that while he was a great shot when it came to killing two other people he apparently wasn't so good at shooting himself. He is in critical condition at the hospital. Fuck.

edit: I knew this was a bad sign when it was the first thing I saw this morning. Just got a call from a friend across the bay. She went to school, socialized, and worked with this dude....and she is now freaking the fuck out. Apparently he wasn't one of those "such a nice guy, I didn't see this coming" type of dudes. Apparently he had some real anger problems. Employers kept passing him on to someone else...people avoided him. Is it ironic that the media is the first one to print articles and editorials talking about how so and so should have known so and so would do something horrible....giving the reader someone to blame other than the perpetrator...and than something like this happens. I wonder if the media will go after itself with the same tenacity it goes after law enforcement.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 14:23.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 12:16 Jivaro

Yeah, he is dead. Cops confronted him on a hwy and he off'd himself apparently. I am glad he didn't start shooting at the cops and possibly take anyone else with him.

edit: Okay, apparently now they are not sure he is actually dead...just that he shot himself.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 12:22.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 11:59 Jivaro

BTW Blue and other dog owners....It's National Dog Day apparently.  

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
20. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:39 Jivaro

I would think that the mods would work..yeah.  

13. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:07 Jivaro

Tulwinn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:04:
Fallout is back whch is nice, though its a little weird, its back as a new item. I already had it and its now labelled Fallout Classic. if I go to the new Fallout, its page doesnt tell me I own it and would let me buy it again.

I am going to guess that this is the result of legal crap. You bought it when it was being published by a different company....thus "technically" it's a different product now. It's confusing and a bunch of shit, but I suspect that is why it is that way.

12. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:06 Jivaro

ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:47:
If someone here never played Daggerfall, they really should. It's a bit complicated and really throws you in the deep end, but this game is something else. It contains stuff no other game does, in a good way. In a bad way sometimes too, but it's really worth seeing it implemented.

Yeah, I agree. Buggy as shit sometimes but totally worth a playthrough.

2115 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo