Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2059 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced
2. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 1, 2015, 18:56 Jivaro

Smart sales technique.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2015, 09:44 Jivaro

PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows according to the game's wiki  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2015, 19:13 Jivaro

I had this big thing typed up but I realized it came down to two points.

1) Pre-ordering isn't the problem, devs and publishers making crappy games that would have been crappy even without pre-orders are one problem. Batman was a crappy port that would have been a crappy port if there hadn't been a single pre-order.

2) Customers that repeatedly pre-order and purchase games that have fucked them over in the past are problem number 2. Why in the fuck does anyone pre-order a Battlefield game anymore? I mean seriously. WTF.

Also, Creston's "article" is the best I have seen all day.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
22. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 18:08 Jivaro

Looks fun to me. I like casual ARPGs on occasion though. I enjoyed Van Helsing for example. Going to have to see a great deal more obviously...I can't decide whether to buy it or not based on that trailer alone.  

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
32. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:24 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:11:
Retired wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:03:
Hoping my Batman PS4 and game don't have issues.....

(Just finished about the first 45 minutes) It looks beautiful, and runs at a steady 30. Watching the camera pan around the city during the opening reminded me of the first time we saw Rapture from the sub in bioshock. Your jaw just drops...

And the tank is actually fun, so far!

Yeah, second what Nin said. The PS4 version (which I have as well) seems to be just fine from a technical standpoint and great fun from a gameplay standpoint.

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
5. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 17:13 Jivaro

If they wanted to do a new Painkiller or even a remake of sorts....you know, as a warmup or something.....I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Than again, I would have no problem with a Bulletstorm 2 either. I am fairly sure I am one of a handful of people on the planet that actually enjoyed that game. At least it seems that way.

(obviously I would welcome a new franchise as well)

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
24. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 24, 2015, 13:06 Jivaro

Quinn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 00:30:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:56:
Grand kids are here....so the one time I get a game ahead of release I won't be able to play it until almost a week later. Figures.

Haha, grumpy grandpa. Classic!

That is exactly what their grandma said.....lol....

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video
12. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video Jun 24, 2015, 12:18 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 08:50:
Xero wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 08:00:
Some of you guys complain too damn much.

That's putting it politely.

*snort*

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
10. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:15 Jivaro

looking forward to some more content etc. I have had the itch to play but I think I will hold back and work on my backlog until there is something new to do.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 12:13 Jivaro

I am really glad that I got this on PS4. Holy ports Batman! The PC version certainly sounds like a mess.

I finally got to play it a bit last night and I am having a blast. As I said in another thread though, when it comes to this series I am such a fanboy that my enjoyment of this game was fairly predictable. Hopefully after my toddler grandchildren leave I can put in some more time. In the meantime...back to Lego Marvel Superheroes...which seems to be their favorite PS4 game.

22. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 23, 2015, 16:56 Jivaro

Grand kids are here....so the one time I get a game ahead of release I won't be able to play it until almost a week later. Figures.

14. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 19:01 Jivaro

I won't be able to hit it up until later tonight and I am in the PST but I will post some thoughts after my first hour or so. I am fairly certain it will be an overly positive fanboytastic(tm) paragraph though. I have absolutely loved all of the other games and unlike many people here, I am really looking forward to the addition of the batmobile gameplay. Which is why I preordered it. It would have to suck in a way that the previews and PR trailers would not have been able to hide for me to be disappointed.  

12. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 17:30 Jivaro

Weird. My copy for PS4, from Amazon, just arrived....a day early. That never happens, I am the guy that usually gets my orders 2 days late.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 16:29 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:03:
Blue wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:00:
but the site wasn't relaunched at the new location until October 9, 1996.

IMO, that's the winner.

Agreed.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 15:53 Jivaro

The date of registering the domain is a good idea...if that is something that can be located.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 12:55 Jivaro

Blue (or some of you that are more Internet savvy than I am), isn't there an archive or something that you can access that would allow you to go all the way back to the first published page and examine the time stamp in the code? I know I am totally oversimplifying, but I am trying to describe something that in my head makes sense but since I am not really that familiar with the process it probably makes no sense.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 12:50 Jivaro

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:48:
How interesting, today also happens to be my 19th wedding anniversary. I didn't realize that Quake was released on my wedding day

Congrats!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2015, 12:40 Jivaro

I think Apple letting people use the service for free for 3 months is fantastic but asking the artists to eat all of profits is absurd. Asking the artists to take a reduced amount during trials would have made sense I suppose, but in the end it's Apple's service and it's a hugely competitive market these days. If Apple wants to have all the artists than they need to pay them better than the competition. (or at least the same) It makes total sense to me. The reality is that this is a much bigger deal to the lesser known artists and one hit wonders than it is to a star like Swift that is basically printing money at this point. Good on her for saying something about it. Bonus points for being consistent. She called Spotify out and did the same thing to a much more powerful and popular company in Apple.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2015, 13:47 Jivaro

Fair point...and accurate. Here in California there are pockets of sanity with regards to the homeless, particularly veterans, but for the most part if you were to call in an "adult in distress" they would be far more likely to do nothing than anything at all.

I was at a bank ATM when I noticed a woman wndering the parking lot. She was barefoot, in torn up clothes, and she was talking to herself at various levels of volume. She was just wandering around without even looking ahead of herself and thus just in a few minutes of watching her I saw her almost get hit by 3 different cars. People would lean out of their windows to yell at her but not much else. I walked over to her to try to see if I could talk her into sitting down while I called a local shelter but she was trapped in her own little world. I would have had to physically grab her to get her attention and that probably isn't the best idea when you don't know what her diagnosis is. I decided to call 9/11. They told me it wasn't an emergency and to call the local police station. I called the local police station. I was transferred 3 times and sat on hold for 10 minutes....during which she was almost hit 2 more times. Finally I get this guy on the phone who tells me that he is familiar with the woman and that they will send someone out. I stayed for 30 minutes, nobody came. Finally I just went to the closest payphone and called 9/11 again. This time I lied, told them that somebody had been hit by a car at the bank. They got there in about 5 minutes, coaxed her into an ambulance.

Ridiculous that I had to do that just to get the woman medical attention. Obviously she is in need of care that if she was capable of asking for herself she wouldn't need the care in the first place....and yet in all of that time I spent trying to get her some help, not a single person in that parking lot did anything but yell at her. I am not sure which is more frustrating, the lack of response from the authorities or the lack of sympathy from the civilians.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 11:51 Jivaro

While I tend to side with the "put anything you want in your video game and if people don't like it they don't have to buy it" part of the human race, I also find it a bit tasteless to actually trademark the word apartheid. The dev writer in the article claims they are "sensitive" but that action doesn't really seem to indicate that. *shrug* I don't know. In the end, I would prefer the game devs do what whatever they want, call it whatever they want, and the customers get to decide using their wallets if they want it or not.

That said, a person in the comments section at Destructoid suggested they call it a "bionic 9/11" and I laughed...not at the name...but at the thought of the Internet literally exploding.

2059 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo