Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1669 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 10:15 Jivaro

I did go for the legs, mainlyx because I remembered one of the trailers showing that strategy. Unfortunately there were only 3 of us and there were just too many adds to keep fire focused on the walker. I ended up in a 4 person group that took one down yesterday....had a rocket launcher for that fight.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 17:01 Jivaro

That has been my experience as well. Despite the PS4 being on a wireless connection I have had a really smooth gaming experience. Me and some randoms took on a walker today. My first time. We ran out of time....but damn it was close.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 11:08 Jivaro

Jumped n the Destiny beta for the first time last night. Really enjoying myself. Might just be the first shooter I buy on console.....

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
6. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 11:54 Jivaro

I am not a min/max player and I have not played for a month or 2....but can someone explain the logic behind only making these changes for level 70 weapons and not for all levels?  

News Comments > Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer
6. Re: Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer Jul 18, 2014, 09:49 Jivaro

I see what they were trying to do with this. Not encouraging that they don't think they could have conveyed the same message with actual gameplay footage though.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
8. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 14:37 Jivaro

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 13:42:
It's been possible to get into the Russian open beta since February. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Spasibo

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
1. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 10:19 Jivaro

I don't know anyone who has been either following this or in the alpha. Anybody here actually have hands-on experience with the game?  

News Comments > Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs
3. Re: Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs Jul 9, 2014, 19:05 Jivaro

If all they do is make it look better on higher res screens, I am cool with that, particularly since I long since lost my copy. If they try to get cute and fuck with the actual game experience, I don't imagine that ending well.  

News Comments > Firefall This Month
2. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 10:33 Jivaro

LOL...thought this already launched. I just deleted the beta from my hard drive after having not tried it since the first week I had it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 7, 2014, 14:44 Jivaro

I wrote this huge rant about Comcast. It was good, detailed, and accurate. I felt better after writing it seeing as I just had yet another huge dust up with them last week.

Ultimately, it didn't say anything you all don't already know so I deleted it from this post and smoked a joint.

Happy Monday all!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 13:56 Jivaro

I keep meaning to check out Plex for a number of my devices. This just gives me another solid reason.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October
11. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October Jul 3, 2014, 16:14 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 15:25:
Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 15:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 15:08:
Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 15:03:
Did you turn off the advisers and encyclopedia??
I might

So you're a REAL man then! Salute
Well obviously not because I can't seem to get into the game. Maybe it is just not for me, but it does peak my interest so maybe I should try harder

The one thing Civ games have always required is the patience to get through a first hour or so that can be REALLY slow and uneventful. That was my issue way back in the first game. I cured it by doing maps with maxed amounts of competing AIs and sometimes reducing the map size. Turning up the difficulty level is enough to pump some pace into a game sometimes as well.

This series is one of my favorites. If I could only have one game it would be a Civ game, probably Civ 4 despite my soft spot for the second game. I like Civ 5 well enough though and I can't wait for this new game. Beyond Earth is easily my most anticipated game on any platform. I liked Alpha Centauri so much I still keep it installed on my computer today. I only play it once in a blue moon but the fact that I get random cravings to play it this long after it's release says a lot.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 14:40 Jivaro

Pardo just left Blizzard.  

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
9. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 3, 2014, 11:37 Jivaro

The lack of an open world and the stripped down skill system is going to piss off fans of the original two games. It looks pretty and for people who want to be able to use a gamepad for their ARPGs it might actually be a ton of fun. As a fan of the original two I am disappointed because it would appear from the previews that the things that made Sacred "Sacred" are gone or are very streamlined. :-sadface-:  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2014, 11:27 Jivaro

That actually looks like a bit of fun. I didn't donate, but I did go Greenlight it on Steam. I might go back and donate though, I just like to sleep on it before hitting the button.  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
14. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:46 Jivaro

They could have Woody Harrelson play the Thief. He can't jump either.  

News Comments > WildStar Updated
16. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 2, 2014, 12:09 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:18:
Agreed, you can't boil entertainment down to a ratio. I do like to choose games with replay value just to make my dollar go a bit further now that I'm older but I would will drop $50 on a title that only offers 5 hours as long as its very memorable and fun.

Exactly. Gaming tastes are entirely too subjective for some kind of fixed ratio of hours/gameplay=purchase(?). Not only that, but gaming budgets vary wildly, making the value of the dollar somewhat subjective as well. Add into that the many working professionals that actually have more money for gaming than time for gaming. I personally will spend 150 bucks on a retail collector's edition of a game I know I will be playing extensively without even hesitating. I will than laugh uncontrollably at Activision when they are still pricing 4 year old COD games at 30 to 40 dollars for the digital download. My step-son sees 150 dollars for a game and says I am out of my mind. I see him buying COD #7568 at any price above 10 bucks and find myself asking his mother if he was dropped on his head as a child.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 22:50 Jivaro

I find it hilarious that we make it so far in the biggest tournament for the world's biggest sport and somehow anyone would frame it as a failure. Is it disappointing that we lost? Sure. We weren't even supposed to make it out of the first round though. Just accomplishing that was a huge step forward for our team. Not because we haven't been past the first round, we have, but because of who we had to play to do it.

It's a huge accomplishment for the USA men's team to have made it as far as they did. Framing it in any other way just underlines how much less the sport is appreciated in this particular country. The other countries are talking about how impressive the Americans were while a great many Americans think that because we didn't win the Cup itself somehow we suck.

I understand not liking the sport and I understand having high expectations. I don't understand such a huge lack of perspective. The entire world is impressed with our efforts. Only one team can win the Cup and we were eliminated by a great team.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 18:12 Jivaro

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 11:39:
4 ways Cracked's whining is really just a quite blatant shill.

It should be "4 ways the old white guys people in charge of networks are killing themselves by refusing to adapt and overcome."

Seriously.

Edited because Bonnie Hammer single-handedly ruined Sci-Fi.

I was going to say something similar. If the viewing habits of the target audience are changing it is on the content provider to adapt.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
18. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 13:44 Jivaro

In theory this shouldn't be any different than digital early access.

In practice however, I am fairly certain that expecting the mainstream to see a retail box and understand exactly what they are purchasing without having read all the information on a web site, forum, etc is optimistic at best. This has "bad idea" stamped right across the front of the box.

1669 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo