Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jeff berry

Real Name jeff berry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crazyfingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Aspiring game artist
Homepage http://jeffberry.carbonmade.com/
Signed On Jul 20, 2010, 17:34
Total Comments 17 (Suspect)
User ID 55834

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
92. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 19:32 crazyfingers

The worst thing is as much as I dislike supporting blizzard's new direction I'm going to buy this anyway, because all my buddies are buying it and i'd hate to be left out. And who knows, it may actually be kinda fun, if the beta is no indication at all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Indie Open House
2. Re: Indie Open House Jul 8, 2011, 04:08 crazyfingers

Hopefully not too bad of a trap, my buddies are up there working for 'em on a game and i'm invested in the project as well  

News Comments > Hawken Interview
2. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 3, 2011, 21:22 crazyfingers

Anyone else forgetting about the new tribes?

Strong indeed.

News Comments > The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes
9. Re: The Man Who Mar 29, 2011, 23:35 crazyfingers

Damn you guys are picky. The listed problems with tribes vengeance are minor. I personally liked the vehicles (though i agree single player was unnecessary).

I can see why developers are hesitant to make another tribes.

News Comments > Blizzard Playing Titan Already
8. Re: Blizzard Playing Titan Already Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 crazyfingers

"We think that the reach of that product is greater than anything that we've done before"

This is what worries me more than anything. Is this coming out on consoles as well? Are 3 year old children going to have fun playing this game?

News Comments > Blizzard's "Diablo-Related Concept for Consoles"
2. Re: Blizzard's Nov 15, 2010, 19:23 crazyfingers

I'm not sure why any of this would need to be limited on console, current gen Consoles have decent sized hard drives and very capable processors.

The main limiting factor that i would imagine that can't be programmed around would be the interface difference. Diablo is at its heart a mouse driven game with keyboard inputs for very fast skill swapping. Much like an FPS handles better for keyboard/ mouse there will likely have to be alterations made to the game so that the players can compete on the same level, the difficulty curve will have to be adjusted for player input that isn't quite as fast and dynamic as a keyboard/ mouse combo.

Or hell, here's a thought, they release a mouse and keyboard on consoles and we no longer have to keep dumbing these games down for anyone.

News Comments > Tribes Universe Testing Signups
3. Re: Tribes Universe Testing Signups Oct 28, 2010, 12:16 crazyfingers

All signed up, thanks for the tip. Lets hope this is more succesful than the last iterations of tribes (which i didn't think were half bad).  

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
17. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 15:06 crazyfingers

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:49:
Blizzard has become like any mainstream developer, milking away for the last cents in our wallets, and Valve is not that much different either although in this battle Blizzard loses hands down, they're far more greedy than Valve right now with the shit they're pulling like this one.
Yea a developer trying to make more money, who would of thought right? Jeez what fucking planet do you live on? Like all companies, profit is number 1 in mind. Do you even know what greed means?

Stop acting like they owe you.

DOTA was created for free, it costs NOTHING. To say money is number one for all developers in this thread is to have absolutely no understanding of what it's about. This was a mod game made by the community for the community and blizzard has shown no respect for that community over the years. Why did the creators of DOTA end up at valve and not Blizzard? We don't have the answer to this but it would seem Valve appreciates its modders and employees better.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 25, 2010, 12:31 crazyfingers

The ammount of unique gampeplay brought by goldeneye 64 was incredible, especially for a cartridge console game. To call it a rip off of other FPS's is a gross understatement. The devil's often in the details and the way the mecahnics came together to form a coherent incredibly fun whole is what made goldeneye one of the all time classics, from incredible weapon balance and mechanics (shooting through walls, location specific damage, duel weilding), to hilariously fun animations and characters like baron samedy and oddjob(who remembers spazzing out while strafing back and forth and looking up?), to a unique and hugely rewarding single player with tremendous depth (the unlockeable secrets were perfectly balanced giving an ever increasing challenge AND REWARD to the extent of which we haven't seen since.)

There are few if any games i can think of that transcended multilayer and single player among its peers like goldeneye did.

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
2. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 11:19 crazyfingers

I just wanted to chime in as someone who is attempting to mod for Starcraft 2. Blizzard is bending their mod makers over and plowing into them right now. They're so obsessed with making money on the future marketplace that they're artificially adjusting play numbers for sh*t maps so standards are low for their premium content in the future. There have been many decent mods for Starcraft 2 thus far, but they've all disappeared, because blizzard is killing their community for personal gain.

I'm outright offended that they're trying to hold onto the dota name while at the same time sh*tting all over the community that made it possible. Sickening.

News Comments > 38 Studios Move Begins
6. Re: 38 Studios Move Begins Sep 24, 2010, 09:15 crazyfingers

Not sure what all the hate's about. Rhode Island is an incredibly small state, and a large move like this, if executed well could have profound benefits for the near and long term future of the state. Game development is often a gamble, particularly in this day and age, but when it pays of it does so in a HUGE way.

Will 38 stuidios expand and become a developer powerhouse? *Shrug* I guess that depends on the quality of the massive amount of talent they plan on bringing on board and how well they utilize that talent. Their current product looks solid enough but could certainly benefit from more game developers, and possibly less writers and comic book artists.

News Comments > StarCraft II Midnight Launch
3. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 26, 2010, 22:36 crazyfingers

If you don't mind a digital download 100%

http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Alpha Tonight
12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Alpha Tonight Jul 26, 2010, 19:13 crazyfingers

I wouldn't call this exploiting the consumer for beta access in the slightest. In fact I just got a discounted price for ordering early. Keep in mind these guys are not a large studio with huge amounts of funding behind them.

This entire venture is a bit of a gamble for us as consumers, and larger for Unknown Worlds, I'm sure. Certainly one I'm willing to support though, this is one title I'm routing for.

7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Alpha Tonight Jul 26, 2010, 18:31 crazyfingers

I was reading the website and maybe i'm crazy, but it sounds as though you need the special edition for an invite to the alpha, which is kind of a bummer because i just bought the regular version

Can anyone confirm either way?

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Alpha Tonight Jul 26, 2010, 17:16 crazyfingers

Sold!

I'm having a hard time deciding which game I'm more excited about NS2 and SC2, but that may be because i've spent too much time slaving away in the SC2 editor on a mod and when i think of SC2 i think of work

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Trailer
2. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Trailer Jul 23, 2010, 12:39 crazyfingers

If only there were a machine that could turn large piles of money into good games.

4 years of developement and there isn't an aspect of this game that stands out as unique or high quality. Some of the texture work on the dungeon is pretty hot in the in-game shots I guess. The run animation at 1:20 has me luling.

MacFarlane's influence seems completely absent.

News Comments > Project Mercury is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
12. Re: Project Mercury is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Jul 20, 2010, 16:27 crazyfingers

Here's my take on the situation:

I was doing a lot of research into 38 studios and even did an art test for them. I also did QA at SOE for the title "Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom", many of the developers at 38 worked on this title before leaving SOE. We all knew the game was rushed at the time, but regardless of excuses the game just flat out wasn't very good (it was a ps3 launch title so it wasn't alone). The idea that 38 studio's title could have evolved (or devolved depending on your expectations) into a top down type of game makes sense considering their past development on Dark Kingdom, a top down RPG. It'll be interesting to see what kind of game they're able to put together now that they have ample time.

17 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo