Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vazz

Real Name Vazz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.pcgheroes.com
Signed On Jul 7, 2010, 22:52
Total Comments 45 (Suspect)
User ID 55819

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Free-to-Play Games on Steam
5. Re: Free-to-Play Games on Steam Jun 14, 2011, 15:49 Vazz

I'm glad to see steam adding free games. I'd like to see Anarchy Online on there personally.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 14, 2011, 15:45 Vazz

I only buy retail except when steam has good $10 and under sales. Amazon always has the best prices and I like my boxed copies.  

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution E3 Trailer
4. Re: Hitman: Absolution E3 Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 16:06 Vazz

I'm so sick of every game having cgi trailers. I must admit though, I watched this several times, it's pretty bad ass. But I'm a Hitman fanboy.  

News Comments > DICE on (Free) Battlefield 3 Battleog
14. Re: DICE on (Free) Battlefield 3 Battleog Jun 4, 2011, 01:25 Vazz

spindoctor wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:00:
Will they be adding what is now known as Theater mode, or demo recording in the game? I was pleasantly surprised to see it in Black Ops and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was probably the first time demo recording was implemented in a non Valve/Source game in many years. Of course, they're making it a paid feature in COD Elite which means I won't be using it again but it is a nifty thing.
Unless I missed a new detail, theater mode should still exist for free. They said they weren't getting rid of anything that's already in the game for cod elite.

And for the person with fraps question. Fraps lowers framerate which is not a good thing when you're trying to play a fast paced game.

I wish Battlefield 3 would match all the features in Black Ops like bots, player run servers, mod tools. Then they can keep talking trash.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 13:18 Vazz

Wasn't expecting this but I'm glad it's happening. This is a good opportunity to play with my friends that don't have it.

Dev wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 07:18:
At $60 this long after release, I'm not even going to bother to try the game yet.
It's like $34 on amazon. People should search prices more.

News Comments > Capcom DRM Follow-up
24. Re: Capcom DRM Follow-up May 26, 2011, 20:50 Vazz

Kajetan wrote on May 26, 2011, 19:26:
Vazz wrote on May 26, 2011, 16:50:
You simply cannot protect single player portions of a game from pirates.
You cannot even protect any multi player portions, as private servers for popular games like Counterstrike, L4D or even MMOs like WoW demonstrate.

This is not completely true, I can think of some games that pirates can't play multi-player. Although most of them are just because they aren't popular and so the crackers don't care enough to crack them. But one popular game that comes to mind is Battlefield Bad Company 2(which I bought day 1 btw). It didn't have private servers because only trusted companies got the server files and there's no lan support, so programs like hamachi wouldn't work. This came at the expensive of the customer of course. Can't host our own servers, no mod tools, no co-op, etc.. I'm not sure if people managed to crack it now though. But even if they did, it took months.

News Comments > Capcom DRM Follow-up
7. Re: Capcom DRM Follow-up May 26, 2011, 16:50 Vazz

Good to see them wanting to talk about it at least. Although I doubt anything will really change.

wonkawonka wrote on May 26, 2011, 16:06:
There's absolutely no need for any DRM on the fully functional single player game.

They'll never understand.
This.

You simply cannot protect single player portions of a game from pirates. Developers/Publishers need to accept this fact already. The only thing you can do is make the people who will buy the game happy by not treating them like a criminal. That will also get people who are on the fence on your side.

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
49. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 16:43 Vazz

Beamer wrote on May 26, 2011, 09:36:

If Capcom and MS were serious about trying to give this game a chance on PC they would allow cross platform play of PC users vs console over gfwl/xbox live... why do they block it? I tell you why, because they dont want PC to actually potentially sell better. Nuff said, bye.

Uh... no.
Because XBL is an entirely walled-in experience. This is why it doesn't even have a web browser. Getting anything into XBL is a hassle because it isn't built to reach outside of its own little playground.

A very drastic overhaul is necessary to change any of this, and anything along those lines comes with certain security risks Microsoft wasn't originally willing to take. Remember, when XBL was created crossplatform wasn't a goal because no one much expected use for it.

Now? We'll see if such an overhaul comes with a new system. But it will cost them millions to make this change (just look how long it took them to do an overhaul that allowed more than 100 friends.) But if the PS3 is any indication there isn't much demand for crossplatform play. How many games take advantage of it? How many people actually care?

Is this really worth the money? If your job was on the line would you say "yes, I think investing millions and effort here is going to pay off in spades rather than putting it elsewhere!"
Nuff said, bye.
Blazblu: Calamity Trigger and Shadowrun allow pc gamers to play against xbox live players.

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
21. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 00:21 Vazz

Ugh. I've been praising Capcom for their pc gaming support lately and then they had to go and do something stupid. I just hope they don't go all Ubisoft on me and do this with all their games from now on. I don't care about SSFIV AE since I already own SF4 and SSFIV AE just seems like $40(or however much it costs) dlc. But if they start doing this with the Resident Evils then there will be hell to pay.

entr0py wrote on May 25, 2011, 22:22:
While this technology did nothing to prevent piracy with Dead Rising 2...
Dead Rising 2 doesn't have always on drm.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 23, 2011, 22:36 Vazz

Yeah I was gonna get it until I saw that it still has that drm. Oh well.  

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
7. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 16:05 Vazz

Caladell wrote on May 20, 2011, 13:34:
I was wondering if this was going to happen. Especially after IGN opened up their PC store. Your account and purchases show up on D2D and the IGN PC store, so I'm wondering if they're basically selling the name. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this
I'm curious too since I purchased games from both.

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month
2. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month May 19, 2011, 16:06 Vazz

Where are the mod tools that were supposed to arrive in may? Mean  

News Comments > THQ Reports $136M Loss
2. Re: THQ Reports $136M Loss May 3, 2011, 19:21 Vazz

They'd get more money from me if they threw some UFC and WWE games to the pc crowd.  

News Comments > Street Fighter X Tekken PC Announced
12. Re: Street Fighter X Tekken PC Announced Apr 12, 2011, 20:20 Vazz

Lorcin wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 19:16:
That said I wouldn't dream of buying it on a PC anyway - games like this are definitely best on the sofa with wireless controllers and beer (yes I know you can do that with a PC).
If you know that then why even say the first part? Dozey
There's no reason why fighting games shouldn't be on pc. I hate people that say "who cares" or act like pc gamers don't like fighting games. I'm a pc gamer and I want more fighting games, wrestling games, mma games, you name it. Bring them on. The main one I want right now is the new Mortal Kombat.

News Comments > Minecraft Grosses ~$33M
6. Re: Minecraft Grosses ~$33M Apr 6, 2011, 15:34 Vazz

How about putting that money into a bigger team that can bring updates faster. Or at least put most of the already made creature mods into the vanilla game. This game has tons of potential but updates are slow and haven't been adding much.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 00:49 Vazz

Ventura wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 22:13:
I bought it straight away. $13.50AU ish for five new maps, one of which, Ascension, is a zombie one? Hell yeah.

Sorry to not join the anti-Black Ops bandwagon in these parts, but I have spent more time playing the zombies online than I have most other games all up. There's also a full single player campaign and multiplayer bot mode for me to get stuck into aswell, if I ever get bored of shooting the zombies, that is.

This is one of those (albeit quite rare) times where I feel the criticism being flung about here isn't entirely justified.

Yeah a lot of people are just anti cod because it's so popular/activision. Most haven't really played it. I used to be like that but then I decided to try it and was surprised at how many good features it had that a lot of pc games are missing these days. Things like lean, prone, players can make their own servers without being forced to buy dedicated ones, bots, and theater mode really made Treyarch get more respect from me. Wish Dice would do all this in their heavily praised Battlefield 3. Mean

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
12. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Mar 17, 2011, 18:16 Vazz

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 17:49:
Joss wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 17:45:
There's so many times in this video where fucking LEAN would be ideal. *Ugh* Regardless, it looks fun.

At one point it does say "move mouse to lean", so it would seem it's in there?

Anyways, it does look pretty good. 60 bucks though, blegh. I'll wait till it's on sale.

Creston
Same. So many games lose me at $60. Especially when it'll be $40 or less in about 90 days.
Although I may have to break my anti $60 rule when BF3 comes out.

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
22. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 23, 2011, 03:41 Vazz

Do you know that whenever you launch a game from Steam while it's online, it actually does authenticate the game from the Steam servers? Every single time. Yes, I know Steam has this fantastic offline mode that you will use to argue my point, but tell me this... what is the split between the time you spend on Steam online and offline? Because when you are online, you are actually submitting to the exact thing that you now find so unpalatable. You should stop using Steam in online mode and stick only to offline mode forever. That's the only way to avoid initial authentication.

You just mentioned it, offline mode. Just having that option means I'm able to play my game if my internet goes down(which has happened just recently actually). Although I'm not a fan of steam either, it is the lesser evil.
Anyways, why would anyone be pro drm? IT DOESN'T WORK, period. There's no reason for it. So why would you argue with people that don't like it? If you like it, good for you. But to argue with people that refuse to buy it is stupid when there's no good pro drm argument.

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
114. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 13, 2011, 00:40 Vazz

"Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community."
Nice jab at pc gaming there, jeez. Of course when this happens on consoles(Fallout 3 anyone?) nobody says a word.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow?
29. Re: Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow? Feb 3, 2011, 20:18 Vazz

What I want to see is more options.
- I want to be able to make my own server and not have to shell out money for a dedicated one if I just want to play with some friends one day.
- Bots.
- No crazy DRM(the drm on BC2 was fine since the online authorization was optional, not mandatory).
- No stupid "map packs" that are just the same maps that we already have; make them all available with each mode from the start.
- Lan.
- Maybe some mod support.
Do some of these things and get my money day 1. Stop being a bunch of lazy fucks, Dice. If Treyarch can do some of these things surely you can.
If it's just gonna be Bad Company 2 with 64 max players then I will just wait till it's $15 or less on a steam sale or something. Fuck that.

45 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo