Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John S Thomas

Real Name John S Thomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname zoomboy27a
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 29, 2010, 02:58
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 55809

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Job Openings
8. Re: Call of Duty Job Openings Aug 26, 2011, 01:47 zoomboy27a

Is there a job opening for a sniper victim?

I'm good at that - it's my best skill

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch
4. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch Jul 24, 2011, 17:56 zoomboy27a

I'm playing it now - I prefer the simpler missions - targets known ahead of time - with SAMs and Shilkas defending them
The RiverRaider mission is the best for that - it escalates and has lots of action. It's good to learn to bomb and use the Mavericks

As a sim fan, an extra $10 above a regularly priced game is not price-gouging - but if you only get a limited use out of it, it would be a factor.

News Comments > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Demo [Updated]
3. Re: LEGO Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Demo Jul 8, 2011, 22:47 zoomboy27a

I was amazed at how boring and depressing the first part of this film was.

I didn't expect much from the 1st part. Its structure was ALL Set-Up - no conclusion, no tension - just exposition
Where are you Basil Exposition when we need you.

Part 2 should be better - a good heist film usually has a good rhythm and then it all ends.

News Comments > Brink Patch Plans
10. Re: Brink Patch Plans May 12, 2011, 04:29 zoomboy27a

Blue

Spammers have Spam

News Comments > Even More Age of Empires Online Keys
22. Re: Even More Age of Empires Online Keys May 4, 2011, 06:24 zoomboy27a

Me Three!!!!

Thnx Blue

News Comments > Dawn of War II – Retribution – Dark Angels Next Week
2. Re: Dawn of War II – Retribution – Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 22:01 zoomboy27a

Looking at the models, this targets the WH40K fan-boys' weakness for models. Tempting but I don't think I'll pick it up - multi-player is not my thing -
Except for some occasional Last Stand of course

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog Feb 21, 2011, 23:07 zoomboy27a

As for the video trailer, that was made by Glowing Amraam - a stellar video maker - excellent reputation

Played it in Beta and will be playing it for the next few years.
Just the instant missions so far - the cannon is easy to get things to blow-up. Getting missiles to work is tougher except in Game Mode.
Start-up can be automated with LWIN-HOME - then it clicks through the start-up routine

Like all sims, the more you learn the better it is. This is a leap forward in fidelity - The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics did contract work for the Defence Dept with access to real data and pilots. They created a simulator used by the Air National Guard - and this is its commercial version. Only the classified stuff is missing.

Campaigns are semi-dynamic - various results will lead to different missions as scripted - variety in esch mission is poossible - the mission designer can use random variables and flags

There is a separate icon for the A-10 Multiplayer - it has a in-game browser. Don`t know if they are going to patch in the older Flaming Cliffs that will allow you to fly some older fast-movers. But Black Shark helio pilots should be patched in later to fly on the same servers.

Word is they are talking to Steam but nothing settled.

First Impressions Thread by people who are flying it

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2011, 00:03.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
6. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 11, 2011, 21:44 zoomboy27a

I enjoyed Crysis 1 and will buy Crysis 2 in March unless the game reviews are spectacularly negative
Really enjoyed the C1 multi-player

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Specs
13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Specs Jan 27, 2011, 21:19 zoomboy27a

Having flown IL2 for many years - especially the on-line multi-player dog-fights and co-ops, the cost of the joystick will be more than covered. Months at a time I played - even got a TrackIR

As for complexity, WW2 planes are much simpler - I just used 4 keys and a simple MS joystick with throttle

I am flying the DCS Black Shark every day and enjoying it(always use the start-up short-cut cuz I just wanna fly). Picked up the A-10C last week - still learning. Lot of systems to learn

But in IL2 I would just hop in any! bird and get going.

News Comments > Windows 8 and Gaming
12. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 22, 2010, 23:02 zoomboy27a

GFW is "Ghetto For Windows"  

News Comments > Football Manager 2011 Demos Redux
1. Re: Football Manager 2011 Demos Redux Oct 23, 2010, 05:54 zoomboy27a

Strawberry? WTF  

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Beta Access with Pre-purchase
14. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Beta Access with Pre-purchase Oct 5, 2010, 21:29 zoomboy27a

zirik wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 18:01:
zoomboy27a wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 07:26:
There is de-activation program that allows you to keep all your Activations. So if you need to re-install the game, just run the program, and when you re-install, youčll still have 7 activations left

so if the hard drive containing the operating system dies and you cannot run the de-activation program do they provide you with another way to regain your activations? for a game that will have a long shelf life 7 activations is pretty slim.

Just send an e-mail to Eagle Dynamics Support

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Beta Access with Pre-purchase
8. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Beta Access with Pre-purchase Oct 5, 2010, 07:26 zoomboy27a

There is de-activation program that allows you to keep all your Activations. So if you need to re-install the game, just run the program, and when you re-install, youčll still have 7 activations left  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Darwin WRONG Aug 26, 2010, 09:48 zoomboy27a

Err ..

Why worry about it then? If they are the "poison of stupid" then only smart people like you will be left. That's evolution for ya.

As funny and so ironic is the anti-evolution people not surviving, they and their stupidity will breed - See the Palin brood
And we'll be stuck with all their nonsense as stupid knows no boundaries.
If you can find an island where their choices don't matter, good on ya. It'd be one tiny island.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Darwin WRONG Aug 25, 2010, 21:47 zoomboy27a

This is more of HuffPo's anti-science garbage
Boob shots and some political coverage.
Anything to do with science - they are the poison of stupid.

Enjoy This Evisceration

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/08/curl_up_and_die_already_huffpo.php

News Comments > Steam ARMA II Patched
3. Re: Steam ARMA II Patched Jun 28, 2010, 23:04 zoomboy27a

Valve, allow people to disable auto updates and keep it that way so that people can use manual small patches to update their games and not be abused by your mistakes.

I second that emotion!!
I downloaded 1.07 last week and played over the weekend on various servers
Steam please just do an EXE sum-check first - communicate with Bohemia Interactive Studios - especially for a sim.

I was planning an evening aith SimHQ in coop
but instead I'm lookinmg at 145M/ 7,435 MB and 6 hrs left

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo