Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 767 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
17. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 17:08 yuastnav

I just liked playing as Death so I'm intrigued how they are going to continue the series (never played as War).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
44. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 9, 2014, 03:50 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:43:
I want someone to recreate Hall of Giants. Best CTF map ever.

Oh my god, yes! This map was a blast!

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
81. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 16:19 yuastnav

Watched a video of it. *shrug* Looks okay.
Not something I'd pay a monthly fee for. Maybe a sale.

Though since I only play on PC good riddance.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 04:52 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:35:
Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 22:54:
Julio wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:52:
Let's blame all males for creepy internet stalkers...and everything else that's wrong in the world too. The guy who wrote the article needs to do an "Andre Johnson" move.
Who is blaming all men? No one.

A weird defensiveness always emerges whenever someone talks about male privilege. You're not personally to blame for being privileged unless you actively work toward maintaining that privilege at the expense of others, or stick your head in the sand and deny it even exists. If you don't do those things, no one is blaming you.

For most males, this topic is poisoned to the core thanks to radical feminists. [...]

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
9. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 10:28 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:35:
Any news of a freelook mode (ability?) inside of the cockpit?
Elite Dangerous has that "feature"

As for X-Rebirth at least they are working on the game and not on a DLC or next title.

Considering how fubared Rebirth was, maybe just scrapping it and starting over from scratch would be the wiser course of action...

Yeah, I feel the same way. For me it seems that there are just too many small things that don't really work and when summed up it becomes kind of a pain to play.
Just the way the cockpit, the menus, the stations, the trading, giving orders etc. is designed it would probably be better to redesign the thing from the ground up.

Rebirth was an experiment but it didn't really succeed.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
22. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 23, 2014, 08:12 yuastnav

Played the first two Gothic games countless times. Played the third once, never finished Risen. Didn't even touch Risen 2.

Though if they return to the style and setting of the Gothic games with Risen 3 I might give it a try.

I still wish that they'd do something completely different. Why not sci-fi? :/

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
13. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:22 yuastnav

I've watched a youtube video of this and it seems to me that Gearhead Garage was much better than that (at least I feel that way because it was simpler and there was less overhead). What a shame.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
25. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 18:27 yuastnav

This is the first time that I've heard about this game.
Can someone enlightend us please on what's going on?

Or is it just a case of "simple mobile game got popular for some reason which attracted a lot of criticism"?
If that is the case, what is the criticism then?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
31. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 2, 2014, 03:43 yuastnav

.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 00:41:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 12:26:
I'd rather have a remake of the original Duke 3D from those guys that remade Rise of The Triad.

But the assholes at Gearbox reneged on that deal.

EDIT:
and they say this means the next Duke Nukem game will be announced at that time by Interceptor Entertainment

WOOT! FUCK YEAH!

I hope it is a reamake and not a new game!!!

You know, I've never heard anything good about the RoTT remake. I remember when it came out there were several complaints about crap graphics, crap performance that was unbelievably bad for the crap graphics you had, crap optimization that caused several glitches and crashes, crap weapons, and crap checkpoint save system rather than the "save anywhere" one so many people say is superior (and since most times I see Checkpoint Save and Consolitis in the same sentence so often, seeing it not complained about in a PC game at this point would nearly blow my mind).
So, is it really not so bad as I've read, or is it a case of rose tinted glasses forgiving the games deficiencies?

Really?
The complaints that I heard that the checkpoint system sucks, the performance of the game is bad and some of the of the weapons, like pistols or machine guns, don't have much meat behind them.
Rocket launchers etc. on the other hand are really fun to use and the fast pace of the game makes it really fun game over all.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jan 31, 2014, 03:31 yuastnav

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 22:21:
Still no Pandora Tomorrow? Hitman Contracts finally got its licensing squared away and is now on Steam; why can't the second Splinter Cell do the same? It's been in limbo forever.

Don't bother. Pandora Tomorrow was the worst of the true Splinter Cell games. Though I cannot decide which I like more, the first one or Chaos Theory.
Well, double agent was a POS and I didn't even play Conviction since it didn't look like a Splinter Cell game at all.
Also, the story is too much srs bsns and I really couldn't take it seriously anymore.

So Blacklist is better in that respect? How does it compare to Chaos Theory?

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
19. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 09:59 yuastnav

ViRGE wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 08:46:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 08:00:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 02:46:
Meh, didn't like Saints Row IV. The superpowers got boring after about 10 hours and the game is way longer than that, although I rage quit after the game crashed halfway through the last mission. Didn't feel like doing it again.

And because you had superpowers there was almost no point in driving/flying the vehicles, which was a shame.

Oh well, the second Saints Row is still the best. Good mix of ridiculouseness and "modern drama".

Nailed it right on the head. SR2 is still the best game out of the series.
Perhaps if we're talking about the consoles. But the PC port is not fit for human consumption.

I played it on the PC many years after it was originally released.

I agree that the port was really bad but the game was not broken at least.
Let's consider Alpha Protocol, for example (which is also a good game). Saints Row 2 was functional and personally I was able to get used to stuttering and how the camera behaves while driving. It didn't get in my way... mostly. Alpha Protocol, on the other hand, DID get in the way, since the weird stuttering and mouse acceleration effects had a detrimental effect on my aiming and what not.

Saints Row 2 had a bad port but by far not the worst.

Although maybe I'm used to that since I also enjoyed games like the Gothis Series, Boiling Point etc. which didn't have bad ports since they were PC games but had similar issues as SR2 and AP, in some ways at least.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
14. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 02:46 yuastnav

Meh, didn't like Saints Row IV. The superpowers got boring after about 10 hours and the game is way longer than that, although I rage quit after the game crashed halfway through the last mission. Didn't feel like doing it again.

And because you had superpowers there was almost no point in driving/flying the vehicles, which was a shame.

Oh well, the second Saints Row is still the best. Good mix of ridiculouseness and "modern drama".

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
29. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 9, 2014, 18:38 yuastnav

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 16:07:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 10:01:
If we are talking about competitive and tactical games then it becomes unfeasible to have larger teams.
In Counter-Strike you have 5vs5, like in most other team-based games with such clan structures. Then there are exceptions where the game is balanced for 6vs6, like Natural Selection, but I have never seen anything larger.
There are of course also games like Planetside but this is already a different beast since you don't really have that close group of people.

Really? Did you miss out on Quakeworld TF, TFC, Tribes, BF1942 to BF2, etc. ? Plenty of clans/teams used to function with 10-12 players or more. Gaming has just gotten more and more simplified, not to mention the few people that started getting paid for 5v5 CS ruined it for future games.

This game will be mediocre at best.

Quakeworld TF doesn't ring a bell, I didn't play TFC, however I did not think that competition teams were larger than 6, of Tribes I only know Tribes Ascend and there the teams are usually 8 people.
Of Battlefield I saw very little, however, as far as I know, they usually played the smaller version of the maps with 8 people on each side, to that I may be mistaken, though.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
11. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 10:01 yuastnav

Necrophob wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 09:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 08:58:
6vs6 is going to be EPIC!
This game is on the wait and see list. The more details they release the less excited I get about it.

6 vs 6? It's so weird. Back in the early 2000's, I didn't play as many games or follow what was going on, due to college, but I seem to recall games supporting more and more players in multiplayer. At what point did the gaming world get hit by a massive meteor, wiping out all the progress that was made?

If we are talking about competitive and tactical games then it becomes unfeasible to have larger teams.
In Counter-Strike you have 5vs5, like in most other team-based games with such clan structures. Then there are exceptions where the game is balanced for 6vs6, like Natural Selection, but I have never seen anything larger.
There are of course also games like Planetside but this is already a different beast since you don't really have that close group of people.

News Comments > Cosmonautica Announced
2. Re: Cosmonautica Announced Dec 19, 2013, 04:40 yuastnav

Maybe taikon is the Chinese word for Cosmos.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Nov 21, 2013, 08:44 yuastnav

Why couldn't they have done the double xp weekend during the christmas holidays or something.

I don't have time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
90. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 12:26 yuastnav

It's really cool that you can actually destroy individual turrets and the engines etc. of capital ships now, just like in Freespace.
Unfortunately you cannot really target turrets or subsystems like in Freespace, you have to click on them and you need to be really precise.

This game needs a MAJOR ui overhaul, i.e. how X3 was. With all the menus, submenus, all the little clickety-fiddly stuff.
If they can do that, which I doubt very much, it's going to be a really good game.

76. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 07:56 yuastnav

Yes, it is different. Very, very different.

I do not mind the performance or the bugs, at the moment I am trying to gauge whether this is a good game.

It certainly is not as bad if you accept that this is not a sequel but a reboot, i.e. if you accept that it is a different game and the only common thing between the other games is the name, the story line, the history (i.e. the universe) and stuff like and that the gameplay is similar but the game mechanics are rather different.

If you don't want to be disappointed you have to look at it as its own game but I'm still not sure whether it's fun or not.

The combat is okay. Nothing special but not too bad either. The highway system is annoying and the way you trade is really stupid.
Walking in stations is really unnecessary.

Radar is missing, which is just moronic and the sector and universe map is really confusing.

*sigh*
I said that it should be judged on its own merit but it is really hard to forget how well the interface worked in the previous games. I miss the lists and the amount of information you could get by just clicking on things and the amount of control you had over other ships.
I also miss the sectors.

I've now played for about two or three hours and I am actually having fun but I'm not sure whether this game will have the same long-term appeal as the other X games.

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 15:13 yuastnav

I turned on my computer about an hour ago and started the game ten minutes ago and it was at version 1.12.

The performance is not that great. Apart from that the last ten minutes were rather pleasant. So far it feels like an X game and it is gorgeous.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
17. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 17:12 yuastnav

Received my copy today and pre-loaded it immediately.
Looking forward to the weekend.

767 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo