Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 702 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released
3. Re: Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released Aug 7, 2013, 03:01 yuastnav

I hope they went back to how it was done in Saints Row 2.
The customisation in Saints Row the third was actually more limited in some regards, as compared to the second one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad Jul 31, 2013, 10:48 yuastnav

Yeah, I wanna know whether it's worth getting.

Oh well, at this pace we'll have to wait for totalbiscuit's wtf is.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
15. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 24, 2013, 03:48 yuastnav

Just played it for twenty minutes or so and... holy shit, this game is only three bucks? Count me in!

Maybe I can suggest it to my mates. We've been running a minecraft server for the last two years but now it lost its appeal even amongst the more hardcore of them.
Let's see whether they are willing to switch to this.

This one looks really good, though. Shame I didn't know a thing about it before.

Still, this is just naive enthusiasm. It will probably change and I hope not for the worse.

[edit]
Although there are some things I don't get.
1. I cannot actually mine on my own? I.e. I have to get a ship with a mining beam?
2. Is there a way to save the state of the singleplayer world?

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2013, 04:09.

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
30. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 16, 2013, 07:56 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 00:23:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:49:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:38:
My prediction is that the first two mods will be:

1) co-op for more players at once.
2) physically modeled dicks on the male characters, complete with FloppyPhysics.

Incorrect. The first mods will be incredibly detailed nude skins for every female in the game.

Pssh. There were nude mods for this game within the first week it came out. I wouldn't be surprised if people build ridiculously high detail models to replace the so-so ones the game uses, tho.

I'm hoping "mods are good!" is Deep Silver's doing, and standard practice going forward. It may also be to garner goodwill toward their brand right now, when the current consoles have an expiration date. Also, It may push people to buy SR4 sooner rather than Steam-sale later.

Well, DeepSilver publish the X games and those have a ridiculously big modding scene. It's incredible what some people created for this game.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
52. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 10:00 yuastnav

007Bistromath wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 06:04:
These guys are doing it exactly right. More right than anyone else releasing in Steam's early access program, in fact.

When you release an unfinished product, people will inevitably judge the project as a whole by whatever they see right then, and will not look at it ever again if their opinion is negative. Which it will be, because it's not finished.

If you are crowdfunding your development, you need to restrict access to the part of your audience that is very committed to the idea of the product as they and you hope it will be when it is finished. If you don't, you get far more bad press than you ever would by asking a high price, because now a large portion of the people who would've bought your game at final release already have it and are complaining everywhere like a bunch of complete morons that they paid full normal price for a quarter-finished game.

tl; dr: A dev releasing an alpha does not want you to buy it unless you are so excited about the concept they're working on that you would definitely buy it when it's finished even if you knew it could be better. You have to want it that much, or else they are taking a stupid risk by selling it to you.

Yes, that is exactly how it is.
From what I understand Prison Architect, the lowest tier, is sold for 30 USD at the moment and the price will drop once the product is finished.
I just don't understand why that concept is so difficult to grasp for some people.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
121. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:10 yuastnav

2nd_floor wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:35:
So the executable of any game has to be 64 bit to use more than 3GBs of system ram? Even if the os is 64 bit? I think its 3GBs isn't it, that was the limit that 32 bit systems could use?
[...]

32 bit processors can address 2^32 bytes of memory, which is 4 Gigabytes.
64 bit processors can address 2^64 bytes of memory, which is 16 Exabytes.

As far as I know applications in 32 bit Windows can address 2GB, maximum is up to 3GB.
On a 64 bit Windows system it's max. 4 GB.
Source

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
36. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 16:39 yuastnav

Looks like Call of Battlefield with boring mecha combat. Pass.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
16. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 16:33 yuastnav

Flying capital ships is one of those things that sounds really cool but is actually boring.
Countless times I've longed to sit in a capital ship only to be disappointed. There is no way this can be interesting because strictly speaking you would be the one who gives orders and cannot actually do anything. Flying those things manually is a pain.
A good consensus is flying a M7 or something like that. It is bigger than a fighter but smaller than a M2 or M1.

I'm also against multiplayer. For me the X series is a game that is primarily a singleplayer experience, just like the Elder Scrolls games. It's not about player interaction but what you can do with an artificial, simulated universe.

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
8. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 14:13 yuastnav

I am rather confused by this because it implies that they haven't shown anything in the last two years or didn't communicate with the community.
Which is simply not true. At all.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
24. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 00:38 yuastnav

Linksil wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 20:54:
I have a feeling we're going to get a lot of matrix jokes. Also I really want to go back and replay SR3 now Too many damn new games let alone replaying the old ones.

Mhm although I'd rather play SR2, I think.
The third one was really great but the second one was still better.

News Comments > Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8
29. Re: Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8 Jun 4, 2013, 17:33 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:59:
[...]
Just realize how it is. MS, the literal creator of the PC gaming platform, does simply not make PC Games anymore. They make tablet and mobile games... because that market is so vastly lucrative (haha)

There were PCs before Windows. And they were sometimes used to play videogames. So no.
Anyway, I didn't know that Microsoft actually made that many games. Sure, they published some fun games like Midtown Madness and even some great games like Crimson Skies but actually making them?

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2013, 19:37 yuastnav

I still play it sometimes. It has more lasting appeal than Skyrim and much more than Oblivion. Of these three Elder scrolls games it is probably still the best one.
I just wish that the world would have been made by hand instead of generated. The mountains in Skryim look awesome and there is none of that in Morrowind.
Morrowind is still more fun, though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID 2
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID 2 May 31, 2013, 05:50 yuastnav

Raptor wrote on May 31, 2013, 03:55:
Rattlehead wrote on May 30, 2013, 20:26:
Definitely a big let down for me..

Thank you for summing up most thigs which I wouldn't like either about it. Sounds like the same shit all over again - make game for a test group, skim elements that "most won't use because we only tested on a console infront of a tv screen" and repeat next year.
Why do we have a million arcade racers, but not a single one which would even be remotely realistic or have some options for making it so?

I wish there would someday be a sequel to Richard Burns Rally - the greatest racing game ever. I still play it sometimes, but it would need a refresh.

But what about "Live for Speed" (okay, it's quite old) and Project Cars? I thought those were more realistic simulations instead of arcade racers.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content
4. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content May 28, 2013, 03:39 yuastnav

Well they probably are, at least they were planning a new project which they hopefully currently work on.
But they still devote time to EYE which is a good thing I guess. On the other hand that means that this is time not spent on their next project. :/

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content
2. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New Content May 27, 2013, 19:21 yuastnav

Though I'd rather see them work on a new project to be honest.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
79. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2013, 10:22 yuastnav

Quinn wrote on May 27, 2013, 09:00:
[...]
Now, however, you sound like a fucking robot who keeps getting a BSOD on semantics. [...]

Quite the contrary. It is an important skill to be able form your thoughts correctly using the gift of language.
When people are too lazy to do it I will call them out on it.

Anyway, I like Dust. I really like Dust. Such a fun little game.
I also like Fidget and what he did with her.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 18:39 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2013, 18:19:
Full agree! Dust An Elysian Tail is an awesome side-scrolling beat em up. Easily the best 2D side-scrolling game I ever played to be honest... and the Story is great. And I actually loved the nimbat side-kick. Some great dialog and cuteness factor.

People who dislike cute things are not relevent anyway, so don't listen to the haters, get Dust An Elysian Tail Besides being awesome, it also has some of the best character animation I have ever seen in a 2d side scroller.. the first game of the entire side-scrolling games genre I liked

And Did I mention the story is cool? How rare is that for a side-scrolling beat-em-up

Hey, did you try to change the language to English?
I found no option and changing the Windows region to English didn't help either so I ended up renaming the "de" folder but it doesn't seem like a good solution. :/
I really, really hate it when games default to German. Just let me choose dammit!

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 11:02 yuastnav

I am actually a bit surprised that Dust isn't on there yet but I guess there wasn't enough time for people to buy it.
Wonder if it will be on here next week.

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
52. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 11:58 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 08:38:
It'll be the day Linux get's their act together [...]

"Linux gets their act together"? Linux is not a thinking entity, Linux is a kernel. It is the basis for many flavours of this operating system. Apart from the Kernel developers there is no "one big Linux committee that decides everything", such a thing just doesn't exist.
See, that is the great thing about Linux. There are so many flavours, so much choice. You can basically chose the distribution that best fits your need and if one isn't available you can build the system from scratch.

Also: http://xkcd.com/927/

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 08:38:
[...]
and releases a standardized consumer OS where a developer can expect that when someone has Ubuntu 13 everything made for Ubuntu 13 will work within Ubuntu 13 14 15 16 17 and 18.

Basically, Linux needs to do what Windows does (Yes.. even with Windows 8).. you will never hear a Linux developer agree to this (for now) though. ^^

Also if you are developer, you should be able to say "Ubuntu 13 support" and if someone installed Ubuntu 13, he should not have ANY option on install or while running the OS to somehow change his install in such a way that it is Ubuntu 13 but missing some vital element. Basically, Ubuntu 13 needs the equivalent of standard api's , and games should use standardized api's.

So basically you want Linux to be Windows just with less choice? Really? :/

News Comments > PlanetSide Going F2P
10. Re: PlanetSide Going F2P May 21, 2013, 14:12 yuastnav

Unfortunately Tribes is too much spam to win.
Once you are halfway decent with any spam weapon there is no incentive to get a spinfusor or mortar because you can very easily kill those guys, especially because many maps have these hug, almost flat areas.

Planetside 2 on the other hand is actually kinda fun since it is more about a team accomplishing something than it is about personal skill.

702 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo