Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 749 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 15:13 yuastnav

I turned on my computer about an hour ago and started the game ten minutes ago and it was at version 1.12.

The performance is not that great. Apart from that the last ten minutes were rather pleasant. So far it feels like an X game and it is gorgeous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
17. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 17:12 yuastnav

Received my copy today and pre-loaded it immediately.
Looking forward to the weekend.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
29. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:20 yuastnav

Not sure what the problem with keyboard and mouse is.
I am extremely picky about whether the controls in a game are good or not and I've always played all of the X games with keyboard and mouse and found them to be extremely good and precise.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
17. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 14:28 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:10:
Just quote me in full.

Done.

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 11:44 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 09:09:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:06:
That's exactly the point. They actually went out of their way to model the full, nude body, because... well, I cannot think of any other reason than because little Davey was keen on having that in the game.

And yes, what Beamer said.
I honestly don't see the appeal in these games.

I have Beamer on an ignore that is never coming off so no clue what he said. I still wonder why you care so much about what you deem unnecessary nudity? Why is nudity so offensive but extreme violence is not? It's his vision of the story and game, I haven't played this yet but in previous games the sections were optional anyway. I don't really see why it's such a big taboo here. He's often said in the past that he wants male players to identify more with female themes. But hey let's assume he's just being a perv, oh no he's objectifying women....just like every other videogame.

I think you need a go through Spec Ops: The Line sometime.

Sorry, but nudity is not offensive in my country.
And there are differences between gratuitous violence directed at faceless goons and modelling a real person, feature for feature, in a video game and unnecessarily denuding them, for your own pleasure.
It's all about portrayal. And you honestly wouldn't say that violence in Shadow Warrior is the same as violence in Spec Ops? Yes, Spec Ops is awful and one may argue they had their reasons to make the game like that, they wanted people to feel terrible. But when I kill aliens in Shadow Warrior... why should I care? It's not the same.
And continuing that same line of reasoning, what is the reason there?
I really don't understand your argument, i.e. how it can be all the same to you.

I also never understood why one should block someone except when that person is spamming excessively. You have a perfectly capable mind to ignore anything another person writes. You can then like that person or hate that person, it's alright.
But the biggest affront you could do towards another human being, in that context, is to ignore them.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 17:06 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 15:59:
It's my assumption that there was a contractual requirement that the character not be shown fully nude (thus the strategically placed towel, and closeups of her head only during the game scene) and this dev mode violates that.

That's exactly the point. They actually went out of their way to model the full, nude body, because... well, I cannot think of any other reason than because little Davey was keen on having that in the game.

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 15:25:
Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 14:46:
One mans pandering is another mans paradise. Besides there is a lot of unnecessary violence in many videogames but I don't see you protesting that. Does one nude scene really make you so uncomfortable? It's a David Cage game, he's the videogame equivalent to an arthouse film maker, you should know the score by now.

The violence tends to be the point of the game.
Having a girl shower, via multiple "sensual" views, moments before 3 men break in and try to rape her is crass and pointless.

I don't limit it to her. Within 5 minutes of starting Heavy Rain you're a man in a shower. Complete with quick-time events to clean your hair. Pointless and tedious, though less crass since there was less nudity and it wasn't seconds before sexual assault.

I don't get why people who endlessly complain about QTEs liked that game. It was Dragon's Lair with a bit more branching, an obvious plot, chores, babysitting, and a 10 minute reoccuring sequence where you walk through a too-crowded mall screaming a name.

And yes, what Beamer said.
I honestly don't see the appeal in these games.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2013, 14:28.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 yuastnav

Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 07:20:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 02:49:
David Cage has some SERIOUS issues. Or in other words: nothing new.

It's a shower scene that is much tamer than your average 'amateur video' clip, maybe he figures you're a mature enough adult to handle it.

Oh yes of course, because this is so necessary.
It really adds a lot to the game, just like his cameo in the Fahrenheit where he grinds the protagonist.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 02:49 yuastnav

David Cage has some SERIOUS issues. Or in other words: nothing new.  

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
12. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 13, 2013, 15:11 yuastnav

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 13:31:
lol, do you honestly expect anyone to get the roms legally? Stop insulting our intelligence, everyone downloads their roms [...]

Speak for yourself.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
14. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 20:38 yuastnav

killer_roach wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 20:06:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 19:45:
Pff, just rename it to Half Life Forever or something, say that you'll have to restart development because the engine you are currently using for that game is outdated and you want to make a new one and then, in about ten years, outsource that things to Gearbox (if they even still exist by then).

... what, too soon?

But Valve's already outsourced a HL game to Gearbox...

Oh shoot, I totally forgot that.
Well, I guess it will be back to the roots for Gearboox then, eh?

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
12. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 19:45 yuastnav

Pff, just rename it to Half Life Forever or something, say that you'll have to restart development because the engine you are currently using for that game is outdated and you want to make a new one and then, in about ten years, outsource that things to Gearbox (if they even still exist by then).

... what, too soon?

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
40. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 27, 2013, 10:06 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:12:
Just one thing I noticed when watching the trailer...Is anyone else bothered about the way the ship moves in the game? Feels very, very stiff and not at all realistic. Arent there supposed to be Newtonian mechanics involved?

As far as I know no X game used inertia.

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
15. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:46 yuastnav

Mhm, some nice ideas but I'm not sure whether I like the user interface.
I miss the submenus.

Oh well, I will play the game anyway, already preordered when preorders opened.

I'm also happy that they use the same voice actress for the computer voice, at least I think it's the same one. Or someone who sounds really similar.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
66. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 18:28 yuastnav

Drayth wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 18:05:
Ricochet: Source

This. THIS. *crosses fingers*

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
61. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 25, 2013, 06:06 yuastnav

maximus0402 wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 21:31:
It doesn't pay off. It always is a pain in the butt to get the PC version just right . It's never hassle free. Been dealing with the PC on games for 23 years . I guess I am just tired of all the driver updates and config to get them running as it should. Believe me I prefer control of keyboard and mouse ect especially shooters or any fps. Just tired of qllbthebothervdyuff you gotta deal with for a PC . Now I am sure you'll come back and tell me that you never have issues with any games on PC ect. I guess will see how more games like witcher 3 are handled pc vs console. It's even less about graphics and more about control differences to me.

Yeah, it's never hassle free, but I don't really see the problem. Nothing ever goes completely smoothly but most of the time the problems are really minor that can be fixed rather quickly.
The only slightly more annoying problems that I ever have is installing proprietary nvidia drivers on my Debian machine and getting Windows to play with truecrypt (although that only works half the time, for some reason...).
And I've been a PC gamer for as long as you have.

But maybe the difference is that I actually enjoy hacking my machine...

[edit]
Though if playing games is the ONLY thing you want to do then you actually barely have any problems at all. Build PC, install OS, install drivers, install games - go. *shrug*

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 25, 2013, 04:21 yuastnav

Not sure whether I am buying that...  

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 04:39 yuastnav

I never said anything about the content of his post.
I merely pointed out that prolonged exposure to "internet culture" diluted some people's mind in such a way that they fail to differentiate between complaining and whining.

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 20:52 yuastnav

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 19:23:
walrus1 wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 14:50:
You clearly either have never read RPS or are too stupid to respect something that is well written and might disagree with your little homophobic misogynistic world that exists entirely in your head. /thread.

Whiner.

educated
"Don't like what someone says? Call him a whiner."

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre Sep 21, 2013, 17:52 yuastnav

I was really excited after I saw TotalBiscuit's PAX video but held off on pre-ordering.
Now that I've watched the PSA a few hours ago I'm really sad.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 19:20 yuastnav

walrus1 wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 19:06:
Am I the only person here who really likes RPS? Are they overreacting to the PAX expo? Probably. Are they the only major gaming new sites that regularly talks about gaming related social justice issues? You bet! in an industry filled of obvious bribing and authors throwing their scruples under the bus for a couple exclusive in game shots or maybe a couple minutes of game time; RPS is a very welcome change. The gaming industry has horribly harassed and harmfully portrayed women, minorities and the LGBT crowd for years and RPS seems to be the only ones at time giving a shit. I for one applaud them for not excepting their people to be mindless corporate drones but to think and write about the bigger issues! Good on them! RPS is exactly what we need more of in the gaming world.

tl;dr RPS is doing some great things in terms of women's and LGBT rights in the videogame industry. Try expanding your closed mind a little bit and think about the bigger issues.

I like them for the most part and for the same reason.
At least there is one major gaming site that I can trust whose opinions are congruent with mine on various issues.

749 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo