Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 977 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
15. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 21:54 yuastnav

Real sources or not, I just don't see how they can possibly accomplish what they are trying to do.

I'm not sure it is even physically possible to build a computer that simulates several large ships in every small detail with many players and physics and what not in real time.
As a simulation, sure. As a simulation you can simulate the interaction of sub-atomic particles, which is done in physics with transport simulations, but simulating 100fm/c (~10^-22 seconds) takes hours.
Now this is not the detail they are going for but it's already bad enough if they want deformable and destructible ships with real mechanics etc. How do you even transfer that amount of data over the internet? Because simulating everything locally just begs to be abused.

I mean the idea is great and all but we'd first have to build a new kind of architecture for computers before something like that is even possible.
This has been bugging me for quite some time now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Havoc
9. Re: Microsoft Acquires Havoc Oct 2, 2015, 21:48 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 21:13:
All games that use Havoc will now be XB1 exclusives.

Two years later they'll say that they'll will really try to dedicate themselves to PC gaming for real this time stop laughing.
And they will do this by bringing their hot new HavoX physics engine to the PC. Maybe. We'll see.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding Sep 30, 2015, 16:44 yuastnav

I am currently playing the first one and enjoying it. Man, I left off in August 2014 after having played for ten hours and now got back into it. Great game.

Backed the second one, really looking forward to it.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
36. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 05:34 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 19:04:
Also, at this point, it baffles me that we still have "PC gamers" and "Xbox gamers" and whatever.

I understand making a choice for financial reasons, but many here make them for personal. Great games come out for all systems, I'll never get restricting yourself to one for anything other than cost reasons.

Well, would need to buy consoles. For that I'd also need to buy a tv and having a living room would also be nice... Additionally to that there is already not enough time to play pc games and personally I just don't like controllers. I've been gaming using K&M since I was 4 and controllers are just awkward, which is why I always have a hard time playing simulators, racing games and especially twin stick shooters. The only one I've really played was Renegade Ops. Have to admit that it was good but I've just died continuously the first few hours on the lowest difficulty setting, because of the controller.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
44. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 28, 2015, 06:39 yuastnav

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 15:38:
Krovven wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 05:39:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 19:13:
Krovven wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 16:02:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 01:10:
I don't know David Swofford so I have no reason the doubt him but he does work for a man who is a known, documented liar.

Derek Smart is a known and documented liar. But you've picked your poison.

I have written evidence of Chris Roberts lying. I have no evidence of Derek Smart lying. So let's see your evidence. By the way speaking brutal truth isn't lying.

He lied about his PhD. He was caught by Blue using multiple forum accounts to make posts supporting his nonsense. One of his blog posts recently attacking Erin Roberts suggested she had used a false name in the past and used a clip of a movie where she was called by another name as evidence. He is a nutjob.

I don't read the vast majority of the bile he puts out to the public, but I'd have no doubt believing there is plenty more.

1) I didn't lie about anything of the sort. I chose not to reveal the source to a bunch of Internet clowns. If you must know, I now have two. Yeah, I know, shocking. The last person who did that, ended up in court, staring at a judge. Nice try.

2) I don't use alt accounts. Never did. Ego won't even allow that.

3) Erin Roberts is Chris Roberts brother. He is male. You're thinking of Sandi Roberts, Chris's wife. An ex-actress, who was in a "reality" show using a fake name. (Tip: reality shows tend to use real names)

You can't even get anything right. So sit down. And shut up. Let the big boys talk.

Claiming you have a phd and not saying where you actually obtained it makes it nothing short of worthless.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 26, 2015, 18:23 yuastnav

At least they admit that Tribes Ascend is fething broken.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Writers Named
10. Re: Serious Sam 4 Writers Named Sep 26, 2015, 18:22 yuastnav

Aw yeah, another Serious Sam! Count me in!  

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month
14. Re: Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month Sep 22, 2015, 05:11 yuastnav

ItBurn wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 20:25:
So I started this game because everyone gushes about it. I don't like it at all. It's boring as hell, every character is unlikable and the mechanics are glitchy and painful. I've been playing with my GF, because she's not a gamer and I thought that she could like it, but she doesn't either.

Max is sooo whiny and boring and makes the worst decisions possible. It's really frustrating playing her and being forced into obviously dumb situations. The writing's pretty bad sometimes too. Characters say things that literally don't make any sense and everyone carries on like nothing happened. The time thing is neat, but the application is terrible. It glitches all the time. Once, I rewinded and it showed me a totally different scene for no reason. Also you're forced to watch really long scripted sequences several times...

Anyway, we've done the first two episodes and basically decided to give up and play other, better games in this genre.

I actually feel that way about a lot of games. I'm not sure but I think it was particularly bad in Dragon Age Origins where during a dialogue none of the options that I was given made any friggin' sense and it would have been much easier to say something completely different, which also would have resolved the situation much better.

Any game with different dialogue options will have that.

With that said, Life is strange hasn't been so bad in that respect so far and I enjoyed the game greatly. Really looking forward to the finale.

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
12. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 21:43 yuastnav

Well, adblock is not the only way to block ads.

Request policy helps, too. And Privacy Badger. And ghostery.

If you are willing to go through the hassle of allowing crossdomain links every time you visit a new site. Which also doesn't work sometimes and keeps you from accessing content. It's still kinda nice, though.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
12. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 06:01 yuastnav

I didn't mind there being only one ship.

What killed X:R is the lack of any complex interaction with the universe. In the previous X games you could have massive fleets, put them into wings, station them exactly where you wanted them, set up production chains etc.
It was much better. It was also much bigger since the different sectors were far apart and constituted different parts of the galaxy. From my understanding everything is much closer in X:R, hence the "highways".

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
27. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Sep 1, 2015, 16:11 yuastnav

mayostard wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 09:33:
Phantom Pain as soon as it is available for sub $10 on Steam.

Good luck avoiding spoilers while waiting for the price drop in roughly 2 years.

Eh, some of us don't give a damn about spoilers.

For me it's the journey that counts. As long as I have fun reading/playing/watching something I don't care whether I know the ending or the twist or what not.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 17, 2015, 05:45 yuastnav

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 02:08:
Don't let the Linux bs fool you.

Ubuntu is spyware

Don't use Ubuntu then.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
34. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 05:39 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:31:
GoG puts it on sale quite often. Never used CDkeys.

The game is massive, and wonderfully well done, and people are complaining that the mod tools aren't awesome enough. It's amazing how entitled people are. While I'd like to see what modders come up with, it's usually just reskins. At this point on games, making a texture replacement pack is kind of pointless, and assembling even a 5-minute adventure that's at the same quality level would take modders a terrifying amount of time.

And if it's NOT the same quality level as the base game, it's not worth wasting your time on, is it?

Uhm. isn't that kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If there aren't proper modtools available reskins is all you are going to get.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1159. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 12, 2015, 13:12 yuastnav

Yeah but I don't want to explore for profit, I want to explore for the sake of exploring, the sake of fun. And that's why it's so annoying that it's actually not profitable. Just like mining.

It's like I want to do these things and the game is telling me "Well, you COULD explore or you COULD mine but it's gonna be a LONG time until you can get that shiny new ship."
And that is what's so frustrating.

I don't even have such high goals. I just want an outfitted ASP so I can travel the galaxy but before I get the 20 million credits required for that a long time will have passed, especially since I don't get to play that often (I'm on vacation right now, which is the only reason I made any progress at all).

1157. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 12, 2015, 12:41 yuastnav

Because I want to play a game where I can fly around in a spaceship and have fun. And blowing up other space ships is fun, however, I want to try things like mining and exploring and trading.

The problem is that I have to constantly worry about how I can increase my standing with the factions and how I can maximise my profits because everything is so god damn expensive that I cannot just go out and mine or trade because I am just stuck with one ship and cannot but any more since the game is such a grind.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 09:57 yuastnav

Cool. Still kicking my butt because I cannot get myself to finish the first one. It's good and I wanna play it but I'm kinda lazy.  

1155. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 12, 2015, 09:56 yuastnav

Finally I reached the friendly reputation status with the alliance. What a drag. Now to think that getting allied will be at least as much... >_>

Also I used almost all of my 3 million to further upgrade my Cobra. I'll never get my ASP at that pace.

News Comments > PES 2014 Servers Closing in November
2. Re: PES 2014 Severs Closing in November Aug 12, 2015, 05:30 yuastnav

konami is working really, really hard to make sure everyone absolutely hates them.  

1154. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 10, 2015, 13:23 yuastnav

I think it was time that someone posted in here again.

I actually played some E:D on Friday but I think the grind is too much for me. I actually only want to be be friendly with the alliance and get an ASP but even that will cost me so much time I don't even want to play.

News Comments > Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom
9. Re: Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom Jul 28, 2015, 05:37 yuastnav

Oh man, so looking forward to this. I've spent dozens of hours on the previous two games. It's gonna be great.  

977 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo