Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 873 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 19, 2015, 07:02 yuastnav

I've poured thousands of hours into Natural Selection, sometime between 2003 and 2006.
Natural Selection may be dead but in our hearts it will still live on. I think having a Gorge plushy is a nice memento, even though I am a bit disappointed that it's blue and not green. In Natural Selection it was certainly very green-yellowish and I've only played very little Natural Selection 2 to judge whether the blue colour is fitting. NS2 is too broken, unfortunately. At least it was last time I played it. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2015, 16:17 yuastnav

Finally. We've been asking for that for more than ten years now!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 10:16 yuastnav

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 09:44:
On the other hand, there are a ton of used GTA V games out there for consoles. Don't know why anyone needs a PC version after it has been out so long.

Because some of us don't have consoles?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 10:16 yuastnav

By the way, how is the traffic AI in GTA V?
I realise that this game is not for driving around normally but I sometimes like to do that. From what I remember it wasn't bad in Saints Row 3 (it's pretty annoying in Saints Row 4) but the traffic AI in GTA IV is terrible.

- If you stop at a red light the cars behind you get impatient and will try to overtake you, as if you're not supposed to be there and ram into you.
- If a NPC car runs over a cop he will act as if nothing happened.
- A police car that crashes into you will immediately become hostile
- In case of an imminent crash the NPC AI will just continue driving forward instead of trying to get out of your way.
- Instead of trying to maintain traffic flow AI cars will abruptly stop if there is another car in a ~120 cone in front of them which can cause huge traffic jams at crossroads.

It's incredibly annoying to drive around the city in a normal way and from I've read GTA V is worse and even the first Saints row had better traffic AI.
For shame Rockstar. For shame.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Bug Could Cause Data Loss
4. Re: Steam for Linux Bug Could Cause Data Loss Jan 17, 2015, 07:43 yuastnav

Gaben pls.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
35. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 17, 2015, 07:01 yuastnav

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:01:
[...]
Convenient? You mean an acronym that anyone who's been on the internet for the last 25 years has used. Well I guess that's news to everyone else out there.
[...]

Well, it is amazing that you have talked to everyone who has been on the internet for the past 25 years to confirm that they actually know what CP.

However, I can logically refute your hypothesis since I am aware that you have not talked to me, although I've been on the internet for the past 13 years, and was not aware of that acronym.

*sigh*

I wish people would just take one single little maths course so they would stop using generalisations. "Men", "Women", "everyone", "everything", "always", "feminists", bla bla bla; and instead say "some x". But that wouldn't suit your argument, would it.

"I know that and so everyone does, too."

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Trailer
7. Re: Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Trailer Jan 17, 2015, 06:14 yuastnav

Finished Saints Row IV last night after playing and ragequitting the game when it crashed several times during the last mission, way back in Autumn 2013.
Also read that the Saints Row series is basically done, i.e. there is no way to go further and take it to the next level since apparently there is no next level.

Well, I guess that's true and we're seeing it now.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 15, 2015, 05:55 yuastnav

Flatline wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:07:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 15:21:
Okay.

Somehow I didn't expect it so soon.

Why is this and GTA V going to be released in the same month as a conference I have to go to? :/

I guess I'm the only one who found GTA 5 to be not great? I mean, some of the heists were cool and you didn't have to haul your cousin to titty bars every 15 minutes of gameplay but 5 overall kind of went over lukewarm for me.

I already paid 60 bucks for it when it came out last generation. Even with a technical overhaul, it's the same story and the same old shit.

Okay, good to know. I actually didn't play GTA V since I only have a PC and I wasn't planning on buying it. Most people kept praising the game and saying that it's fun despite its flaws; so I figured I might as well get in on the fun.

Personally I'm a totally a fan of open world games, that's why I love games like ETS2 and E:D so much, even though there is actually not that much to do and it gets boring. Exploring or running/driving around in a world is enough.
It has to feel alive, though. Proteus was kind of a live and was all about exploration but I found it boring so there needs to be a world I can interact with.
I guess the story becomes secondary.

I'll keep your experience in mind, though.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 15:21 yuastnav

Okay.

Somehow I didn't expect it so soon.

Why is this and GTA V going to be released in the same month as a conference I have to go to? :/

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
14. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 14, 2015, 09:49 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 18:55:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 16:06:
Okay, how about this: how about you first finish one game and then start your next project, mmmkay?

Or at least address it:

"We'll be releasing final code for Space Engineers in March. Meanwhile, here's a look at our next game in the very early design stage."

The worst thing is that they wrote in their newsletter

We are excited to announce *Medieval Engineers*, our second "engineering" game. As you may already know, the first, Space Engineers, was released in October 2013 and sold over 1 million copies in its first year, and is still keeping its bestseller position.

which, while not a blatant lie, sounds like they released a finished game. Which they did not. Space Engineers is still in early access.

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
9. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 13, 2015, 16:06 yuastnav

Okay, how about this: how about you first finish one game and then start your next project, mmmkay?  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
5. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 10:57 yuastnav

HDD Space: 65GB

Wat.

So how is this even possible? I thought this game was supposed to run on the older console generation? Or did they add any fancy enhancements to the PC version (as if)?
I also like how they said four days ago that it's not going to be delayed and somehow they suddenly realised that that's actually necessary.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
21. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 13, 2015, 08:17 yuastnav

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:09:
[...]
They should have retooled the game to work on their carrier command engine, something to give it more of a "game" feel than a man simulator. Even Arma 3 doesn't make for an overwhelmingly enjoyable experience when it comes down to gameplay.

Really? I didn't play Arma 2 much because the interface was too clunky but I've put about 40 hours into the singleplayer of Arma 3 and it was a blast. It's so much better and playing it is fun.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 06:39 yuastnav

Redmask wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 07:50:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 06:12:
PHJF wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:09:
Pretty sure Bose has all the patents for overpriced.

So your definition of overpriced doesn't depend on the quality of the product?

I wouldn't use the same label for Beats and Bose products...

Why not? Same thing, mediocre products with a high price tag and a lot of marketing.

Wait, don't tell me you got suckered into buying Bose..

No, but I was thinking about buying their QuietComfort 25 headphones because I read they have very good sound quality and noise cancellation abilities.

Don't know much else about Bose products.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 13, 2015, 06:31 yuastnav

I'm curious about this game. Saw a trailer on humblebundle and so I'll patiently wait for a Wot I think.

Good for Square Enix.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 13, 2015, 05:33 yuastnav

A lot of circle jerk going on in here. Better leave it alone.  

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
14. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 19:15 yuastnav

Dacron wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:59:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:42:
Aren't the characters assholes though?
I swear this is what kept me from playing Deponia (this and the inanely stupid puzzles). I guess I'll just have to skip every cutscene and mute the characters' voices.

Oh god no. Trevor (the trailer park drug addict) has some amazing commentary. Franklin/Michael are sort of typical for their roles but still aren't bad, but Trevor alone or Trevor interacting with the other two is great. There is more than a fair share of foul language, but not overdone IMO.

Watched all the cutscenes in GTA 5, a bit goofy but overall interesting.

Well the protagonist of Deponia is the most arrogant, self-centred prick that you've ever seen. As long as there aren't any overly arrogant characters in GTA 5 I'm good. I think I just read somewhere that that's case so it's likely that I'm wrong but you never know.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
9. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 18:42 yuastnav

Aren't the characters assholes though?
I swear this is what kept me from playing Deponia (this and the inanely stupid puzzles). I guess I'll just have to skip every cutscene and mute the characters' voices.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 16:33 yuastnav

Darks wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 15:58:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 12:37:
Darks wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 12:33:
It was their fuckup and not the users fault. so now everyone suffers because of it.
I don't follow.
How does everyone suffer because some people that got rich for no reason gets their bank account reset?

This exact same thing happens in real life too, in fact I ones had like 300 grand deposited onto my bank account by accident where the bank fucked up and someone's mortgage was put onto my account.
Was the bank supposed to write that off as their fuck up and let me spend it all?

Dont be stupid Spectral, we are NOT talking about real life money here. OKAY? And I was under the impression that the entire server was getting rolled back, that was what I am referring to. those kind of roll backs effect everyone.

Reading the article would have helped.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 06:12 yuastnav

PHJF wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:09:
Pretty sure Bose has all the patents for overpriced.

So your definition of overpriced doesn't depend on the quality of the product?

I wouldn't use the same label for Beats and Bose products...

873 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo