Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 683 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Insert Provocative Headline Here
6. Re: Insert Provocative Headline Here Aug 6, 2011, 20:30 yuastnav

Episode 3 was actually made but a certain someone at Valve ate it accidentally.
Now they are waiting for id to release id tech 4 so they can use that as a basis to make their own engine with completely messed up netcode, so basically much like what they did with the Quake 2 engine.
Everything old is new again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
44. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 6, 2011, 20:11 yuastnav

Teddy wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 20:06:
DDI wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 19:46:
Define indie for me then. Is self publishing the only requirement to be 'indie'?

He can change the name of the goddamn game now. Let's see game with the name Scrolls in it, that is fantasy based. It sounds like some knock off style infringement of Elder Scrolls.

Considering scrolls would only be used in a historical or fantasy setting, that's a pretty big stretch to assume that any use of 'scrolls' is a knock off of Elder Scrolls.

This game looks nothing like, nor sounds anything like The Elder Scrolls.

Good sir, I must ask you to refrain from using reason.
We are dealing with a legal matter here and your logic has no place in it!

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
39. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 6, 2011, 19:52 yuastnav

shponglefan wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 19:32:
I dunno, I kinda support Bethesda with this lawsuit. I mean, if I went into a store and saw a box on the shelf for some game called "Scrolls", I'd be all like, "cool they made another RPG like Oblivion and Skyrim", but then I'd like try the game and be all like, "damn, it's not an RPG like those games at all" and then I'd be all sad.

So any lawsuit that can prevent that kind of sadness is a-okay in my books.

I agree. It is extremely difficult to read and to remember all those different words. That's why we need lawyers so they can help us live our simple lives!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 6, 2011, 14:00 yuastnav

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 13:13:
I think Mike Capps is right, consoles are history. Which should make the Blues News crowd happy. Until they start porting cell phone games to PC lol...

Which no one will buy because you can play the same thing for free with the only difference that it's using flash (which is, ironically, a reason why you should buy the non-flash version).

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 4, 2011, 10:40 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 09:13:
I picked up the HIB just because I missed out on #2 last year (and wanted it for the ROTT beta it included).

SUPER impressed that it comes with 2 steam keys that unlock everything except Cortex Command. Bought a second bundle to gift to a friend who would enjoy the games but would be turned off by the individual downloading and installing.

Cortex Command is kind of tragic. While it's not as good as Soldat (though the destruction is kind of neat) it's really a fun game. Unfortunately the developer doesn't feel like he has any obligations towards the people who paid for the game (well, he DID kind of say that it's the fault of the people who bought his game that they did so because he said from the beginning that he might never finish it, or something like that but it's nevertheless kind of an asshole move); that's why it might take a while until it's released on Steam (or released at all).

News Comments > Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter
30. Re: Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter Aug 4, 2011, 10:36 yuastnav

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 10:30:
Am I the only one underwhelmed by blizzards titles to begin with? D3 to me is a 2001 game with 2007 visuals, add in the forced always on connection, the real money transactions etc, what makes this any better than any of the rest of the garbage F2P microtransaction titles out there? Blizzard's name on the box? Because really that does zero for me.

Maybe you just aren't into their games.
I only played Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 but those just weren't my games. They may be really good and I even enjoyed playing Tower Defense in StarCraft with my friends and occasionally played a round of Diablo 2 with them but those aren't just my games so I don't blame Blizzard for it.
So no, you are not the only one so it's okay.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
57. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 4, 2011, 06:36 yuastnav

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 01:03:
[...]
the UI had broken bits and

I didn't have any issues
[...]

Are you serious? Borderlands has one of the worst UIs ever.
It's as if they completely forgot what a mouse was while porting that thing to the PC.

News Comments > Hard Reset Trailer
8. Re: Hard Reset Trailer Aug 2, 2011, 08:07 yuastnav

I like it. PC-exclusive games, yay!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Novel Plans
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Novel Plans Aug 1, 2011, 19:39 yuastnav

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 19:37:
venomhed wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 13:37:
Ooooh, wonderful! Give me a break. Unless I see stories that reveal more the accidental and intentional atrocities that are committed by American troops, I don't want to hear about it.

Anytime anyone criticizes American soldiers, or shows them as bad, it is downplayed, excused, or more often than not, completely omitted or you are called unpatriotic or a A-Hole. I am not implying that all American military are bad, not at all, but many ARE.

Joy killing soldiers, shooting animals for pleasure? Not realizing that many animals there are food and labor for the farmers.

Ex American Soldiers now mercenaries shooting passenger cars and people for fun?

Tillman Story - Completely gun ho jacked up moronic marines shooting everything in sight because it reminds them of Call of Duty and Battlefield games? Killing their own?

Apache's blasting away and killing Reuters reporters, downplayed yet again (Youtube the video)

Raping of young girls and in some cases outright murder? Look it up, happened in Baghdad, one of several incidents.

Stuff you won't see on Nightly News with Brian Williams or in any stupid Hurt Locker movie.

If you're gonna bring it in a novel and self label yourself as a Hero, you better friggin tell the truth about it. Of course they won't, because all other countries are animals, not the invading US Military!

It's a video game guys, period. The only problem is that the Americans are once again portrayed as the liberators.... guess what, THEY AREN'T!

venomhead you know he's SAS right? Pretty sure that's BRITISH military.

Australia has its own SAS, too.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Novel Plans
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Novel Plans Aug 1, 2011, 16:17 yuastnav

Wildone wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 15:43:
where were people like you in WW2? Oh yea..cheering on the 'Amerikuns' lol

Not really.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:24 yuastnav

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 18:06:
Thanks to all the PC zombies who are continuing to encourage Activision in pushing out more CoD content. Yay for discerning PC gamer tastes... Rolleyes

Well, that's the one thing Activision are good at: Keeping the drones happy.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 17:22 yuastnav

PHJF wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 17:00:
Hmmmm this EYE game looks like it could be fun. What the hell.

/engage purchase

This would've been my reaction, too, if it was cheaper.
I'm very torn whether I should buy it or not but I think I'll wait for a sale or something like that. What worries me most is that Jim from RPS wrote that he enjoyed this game less than Precursors (these games are surely different but what seems to be the common denominator is that both are ambitious games and therefore kinda unfinished). I loved Boiling Point but it was a bit more difficult to get into Precursors so I'm really on the fence about this one.
I hope TotalBiscuit makes a wtf about that soon.

[edit]
It's really amazing that Terraria is still going strong!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence
12. Re: Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence Jul 31, 2011, 05:29 yuastnav

entr0py wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 01:56:
I don't know, I think Freud's theory that cathartic rage is a good thing has been long since disproved. It turns out that screaming obscenities only makes you a more angry person over time; you're making rage a habit.
[...]

Look, you cannot expect Carmack and the likes to keep up with modern developments. He has to act busy after all and has to pretend that his opinion on this somehow matters.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 19:36 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 19:21:
Why isn't this on sale on Green man atm? Grr!

Well I'd keep an eye out for it on savygamer. He always posts when it's on sale and it looks like it already was on sale in some places a few times but I am not entirely sure.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 18:48 yuastnav

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 18:04:
[...]
Fuck you Valve? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure Valve games have the FoV option in, like, the options menu.

I agree. It's only limited to 120 degrees, afair, but they do have that option!

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2011, 18:45 yuastnav

Yes, sex is a constant in life.
You know, if you ignore all those asexual people...

News Comments > Brink DLC Next Week
17. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 11:26 yuastnav

finga wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 07:02:
[...] installing a piece of software on your PC. [...]

Say what? Install a piece of software???
So that's what you do with it!!1!
I thought I had to boil it, smash it or stick it in a stew.
Thanks for sharing!!!1!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
34. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 18:28 yuastnav

Wow, you guys must be seriously butthurt about that game.
Sorry, I will not try to upset you more and destroy your delusions. Keep dreaming the dream.

29. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 15:10 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:05:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

How can you possibly view it as a negative? Should they have done it at release? Sure. They're still doing it now instead of not doing it at all. Regardless of how anyone feels about DNF (its shit btw) it's good news for PC gamers.

How can I view it as something negative?
No, that is the wrong question. I'll rather ask you the following:
How can you be happy about Gearbox trolling you?
It's pretty obvious that they don't give a crap and just having a laugh. "Oh, PC gamers whine about two weapons, let's give them four."

Yeah, right. That's almost half as much as in you could carry at once in the last game. And they only needed over ten years to implement such a feature!

They want to make fun of me? They can shove it.

[edit]
I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game but news like this give me the lulz.

12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 12:02 yuastnav

Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

683 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo