Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2011, 12:24 yuastnav

Caladell wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 12:12:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 02:45:
I predict the Monday announcement will be for DLC. I'd prefer a patch that lets you turn off the radar, though. That thing is so ridiculously overpowered, it renders almost all of the stealth augmentations useless.

Can always duct tape your monitor

heh, just like drawing a crosshair on the screen so you could use the AWP without zoom in 1.6
wait... what?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hawken Trailer
11. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 28, 2011, 11:57 yuastnav

Shataan wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 11:41:
[...]
And like what ya see in Hawken or not, it is THE 1st real Mech type game on the horizon that can actually be called Next Gen. [...]

We will see about that. Just making the player model huge, sticking bugs guns on it, making a fancy HUD and giving it inertia doesn't make it necessary a MECH game.
I'm curious about how it plays in the end and will definitely give it the benefit of the doubt but on the other hand I'm not really getting my hopes up.

News Comments > Hawken Trailer
7. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 28, 2011, 04:51 yuastnav

That's all well and good but can we get a REAL mech game and not UT with a fancy HUD?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Steve Jobs Was 'Henry Ford' of The Computer Industry. Aug 27, 2011, 10:14 yuastnav

MattyC wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 00:59:
[...]
'Snake oil salesman' generally refers to someone selling something of minimal to no benefit. Pretty much just pure BS. I have [...]

And there will be people who swear that what they just took is not a placebo. Yes, you use that, doesn't mean someone else cannot say it's snake oil because it's useless.
Furthermore you did nothing to disprove the fact that comparing Ford to Jobs is utter bullshit and reeks of fanboyism and/or a lack of a intelligence to discern someone with real ides from some public figure.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 26, 2011, 04:08 yuastnav

The fanboys have an urge to show their fanatical devotion to that useless junk. Easier for sane people to stop them.  

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
30. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 25, 2011, 03:51 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 20:10:
[...] Don't care what shit EA pulls with this. To the player it doesn't matter who hosts the server

Welcome my son.
Welcome to the machine.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 24, 2011, 06:31 yuastnav

\o/ 99 saves slots
Just what I was wishing for.

Actually I was wishing for more. Like 2000 or something because this was the number of save slots I reached in Oblivion before the delay became too annoying.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
16. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 14:08 yuastnav

DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:26:
...]
Some people do prefer the fast slow twitch arcade style of COD games though.

FTFY

Tumbler wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:32:
[...] I would be curious to try it on the PC but after buying CoD4 on a steam sale and finding it had no gamepad support I won't be spending money on this one to try it.

m(

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
25. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 19:14 yuastnav

Dev wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 17:20:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 06:19:
Hmm, I think I'll rather wait for Starfarer.
This?
http://fractalsoftworks.com/
That looks pretty cool! And its one of those indie things with buy now at a discount and play beta and get the full thing when it comes out. I'm going to look into it and see if I want to buy it.
Thanks for the heads up on it. Any other interesting games? I'm waiting for project zomboid to be purchasable through paypal (they are putting it on desura and steam shortly), thats another one I have my eye on.

When I was still on the fence whether I should pre-order SPAZ (by that time I've already pre-ordered Starfarer) I went into their IRC channel and asked around. One of them opened a query and told me that I'd better save my money for Starfarer because, while SPAZ is certainly a good game, it wouldn't have such a lasting appeal as Starfarer.
The problem with Starfarer is that it's still in a very early phase and the only thing that's really working so far is the combat (afair) but it promises so much more than SPAZ.
I mean a "open-world single-player space-combat, roleplaying, exploration and economic game" - that almost sounds too good to be true because it's such an ambitious project. Yet I'll stay confident and not only because they also have a Linux client which is also a big plus.
Project Zomboid is definitely worth looking at, too. Since I couldn't buy it through PayPal I went to the forums because a guy offered to buy that game for anyone who wished and have the money transferred to his PayPal account and it worked out fine.
And although I'm really tired of zombie games this one looks really promising because of the great gameplay. Finally a real survival game.

Really looking forward to these games. I'm afraid I don't have any more games on my radar, though.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
3. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 11:51 yuastnav

Finally, took them long enough.
Never finished the first one, though. Came to a cutscene that crashed that game even when skipped.

17. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 06:48 yuastnav

Icewind wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 06:39:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:55:
finga wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:49:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:14:
Why do you need this many stores to sell a game that sucks ass?
The game is fucking fantastic. Did you actually play it?

You dare question the authority of Reagle? Better watch yourself. He'll own your ass in CoD.

Yes, if someone doesn't like your indie darling game it must therefore mean he;s a CoD nerd.

Can we stop making that assumption? Every idiot that hears me say I hate Minecraft pulls that shit, and the only thing I hate more than Minecraft are military FPS games.

Point
Match
Set
:E

15. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 06:19 yuastnav

Hmm, I think I'll rather wait for Starfarer.  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
33. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 14:53 yuastnav

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 14:07:
[...]
I I thought the DM was too slow, [...]

At first it seems like that but when played correctly it's actually quite fast.
Still, nothing probably beats Quake 1/Quake 3 CPMA/Warsow in terms of speed. Fastest games in the world.

20. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 13:06 yuastnav

Thelemite wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 12:54:
[...] I always wondered if Quake 4 had a decent online component, [...]

since it was even slower than quake 3 that was not quite the case

17. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:38 yuastnav

Clicked the wrong button, post removed.  

16. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:37 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 12:22:
You're nuts. Jedi Knight II was good. Jedi Academy was great. Singularity was alright. Their Star Trek games were mildly entertaining too.

Jedi Outcast was an outstanding game.
Jedi Academy was a buggy, unbalanced piece of feth. Seriously, they spent no time balancing the game and after the release the multiplayer had serious bugs; Raven Software didn't think it was really necessary to fix those.
I spent countless hours with the Jedi Outcast multiplayer right until the release of Jedi Academy. When Jedi Academy came out I played it for a few months and then went back to Jedi Outcast because it was altogether a much better and much more refined game. Jedi Academy had a few neat ideas but it was not a great game.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
51. Re: EA: PC Aug 15, 2011, 09:57 yuastnav

kanniballl wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 08:55:
[...]
There's nothing wrong with console-gaming. It's a great place for platformers and casual gaming. [...]

I'll take platformers on PC over platforms on consoles any time, thank you.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 15, 2011, 04:47 yuastnav

No, that's not it.
I bet they're just not content enough with being the USA's biggest aircraft carrier anymore.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
20. Re: EA: PC Aug 13, 2011, 19:01 yuastnav

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 16:52:
Windows Live sucks, but to be fair, if it weren't for MS, there wouldn't be much gaming on the PC. Mac? Linux? If it weren't for MS what would we be gaming on? They were the only ones who knew it took more than a graphics library to make it easier to make games.

You are right. No one played any games before Microsoft. Only after they made Microsoft people were like "Woah, I have this crazy idea dude, it's like... a game... but ON A MACHINE!!1!"

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer
7. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 18:00 yuastnav

Well, let's put it like this: If this game doesn't stand out through gameplay they need some feature to make it somehow interesting.  

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo