Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > The Humble Voxatron Debut
8. Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Nov 1, 2011, 04:46 yuastnav

Great game. Was really looking forward to this when I first heard about it and now it is finally here and it is a ton of fun!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Interview; Diary
1. Re: Skyrim Interview; Diary Oct 30, 2011, 14:00 yuastnav

I still think it's pure comedy:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Horses#Stealing_Horses
"Horses themselves can witness your theft and report you to the authorities, just like a regular NPC."

I see what you did there, Bethesda.

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
209. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 28, 2011, 12:58 yuastnav

ventry wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 01:05:
Animals for Crackers wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 00:50:
"BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"

*sigh*
Homosexuality is not "normal".
Nature says so.
[...]

Nature "says" so?
Do you often "speak" with nature?

I would kindly advise you to stop using strongly mind-altering substances as it seems that they create the illusion of "nature" being a conscious entity capable of verbal communication or other forms of information transportation that go beyond usual scientific approaches.

Nature never says anything. Nature does and cannot talk. You can only observe nature and its symmetries and patterns and what not and it is possible to observe homosexuality. Homosexuality is typical in many different species, including the Homo sapiens.

btw, protip: "normal" does not actually exist. something that is abnormal suggest a deviation from the average but the actual existence of the average in humans is another fallacy.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
15. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 26, 2011, 17:00 yuastnav

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 15:50:
are you seriously refuting a source with source material from a paper owned by the oligarchy? ignorance begets itself.

Don't hurt yourself with those big words.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
12. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 26, 2011, 15:33 yuastnav

Overon wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:52:
PHJF wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:48:
Congratulations, eight posts and you couldn't be bothered to read any of them.
Congratulations, but I linked to a source as well.

m(

Are you seriously calling an encyclopedia a source?

Also: http://www.michigandaily.com/node/62329/talk

[...]
Even Wikipedia's founder Jimmy Wales agrees that the online encyclopedia is not a citable source. He said in a 2005 interview with Business Week that "people shouldn't be citing encyclopedias in the first place."
[...]

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
87. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 02:12 yuastnav

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 20:21:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 19:32:
It's pretty ballsy from EA to charge 60 bucks for a multiplayer game / interactive movie.

You mean it's ballsy to charge $60 for an entertainment medium fitting a specific genre, despite it being a median price point?

[...]

No, I did not mean that. In case you want to really know what I mean please read my post.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 19:32 yuastnav

It's pretty ballsy from EA to charge 60 bucks for a multiplayer game / interactive movie.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2011, 08:54 yuastnav

Trainwreck wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 20:54:
[...] Finally, there wouldn't even be an internet without the Pentagon.

Of course. Other things (besides the internet) that the Pentagon has invented:
Paper
Bread
Air
The moon
Propaganda

"But wait!, you might say, "How can the Pentagon have invented the Moon without being able to go there."
You have to keep in mind that the pentagon has also invented space travel and motion, exactly in that order.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2011, 08:59.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
12. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 25, 2011, 04:54 yuastnav

Bucky wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 01:21:
Honestly, anyone not picking it up is missing out. [...]

Okay, give me a version that does not require Origin then. I dare you.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 This Decade
5. Re: MechWarrior 5 This Decade Oct 18, 2011, 14:01 yuastnav

MechWarrior 2 or nada.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2011, 19:44 yuastnav

So, they have to pay money because...?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 15, 2011, 19:41 yuastnav

Ant wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 18:09:
Same here. And people want no Internet days for me. OVER MY DEAD BODY! I need it 24/7. Yes, I do Internet when I sleep.

That is the great thing about computers. They can be productive while you are not!

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs
11. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs Oct 13, 2011, 06:16 yuastnav

So, people who are paying in Euro get screwed again, eh?
19.99 GBP = 22.83 Euro = 31.43 USD
24.99 Euro = 21.87 GBP = 34.44 USD
29.99 USD = 21.78 Euro = 19.06 GBP
(exchange rates from 13.10.2011, 12:16 UTC+2)

Well, it's not much and who wants to play this game anyway.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Sht**y Marketing Oct 12, 2011, 13:39 yuastnav

Pete wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 13:17:
I don't think that only applies ot the internet.

Such formatting is actually quite alright and not very difficult to read however that doesn't apply to the internet because you don't really run out of space when you're writing something. The page doesn't end because there's no "page" to begin with.

News Comments > More Sony Hacking
8. Re: More Sony Hacking Oct 12, 2011, 13:12 yuastnav

Atomic wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 12:52:
Using a name and password that is not yours to gain access to an account that is not yours is hacking.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

News Comments > C.A.R.S. Crowdfunding
5. Re: C.A.R.S. Crowdfunding Oct 12, 2011, 11:39 yuastnav

linfosoma wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 11:25:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 10:53:
Didn't you write the exact same thing on RPS? :p
Seriously though, I actually wanted to ask whether it's a one-time payment or a monthly fee. I even read about half of the Terms and Conditions but it wasn't mentioned there explicitly.

Haha yes Im sorry, I wanted to spread the word because I like the game but I was too lazy to type a new comment

It's a one time payment. The idea is that the game is eventually going to be released as a free to play supported with microtransactions (they have some estimate prices on their design doc, it seems affordable enough, like $1 per item or so).
What you get by paying now is early access to game builds and what would basically be modding tools, so you can create custom content and sell it for cash.
According tot he design doc, by buying the tools you are considered a team member and you'll be paid back a bit after release, but Im not entirely sure how this works.

Well, I was aware of that but I didn't know that the final product will have microtransactions and is going to be free to play. That kind of puts a damper on the whole thing, too many f2p games are coming out and I don't think I like the idea where this is going (assuming the things you can buy are more than just cosmetic though, in a racing game, it's a bigger deal than in other types of games).

News Comments > C.A.R.S. Crowdfunding
2. Re: C.A.R.S. Crowdfunding Oct 12, 2011, 10:53 yuastnav

linfosoma wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 10:46:
I just tried this game and lord itís amazing. It uses Shiftís engine, but for some reason it looks way, way better (making it IMO the best looking racing game Iíve seen on PC) and it runs like butter (something Shift 2 didnt).
Thereís all kind of PC style options like being able to hide the wheel and setting individual FOV for each camera.

Iíll admit it though, itís a little abode my driving level, but itís truly fantastic and very promising. Thereís also a really nice selection of cars (some of them classic Formula cars) and they are very detailed (the fully working suspensions, engine parts and texture quality scares me).

This makes me want to get a wheel so bad (yes, I played with an Xbox pad, sue me).
Sorry if I sound overly exited, but all the PC racing sims Iíve tried until now where rather impenetrable and.. well.. dated looking.

Didn't you write the exact same thing on RPS? :p
Seriously though, I actually wanted to ask whether it's a one-time payment or a monthly fee. I even read about half of the Terms and Conditions but it wasn't mentioned there explicitly.

News Comments > EU Rocksmith Delayed
1. Re: EU Rocksmith Delayed Oct 12, 2011, 10:51 yuastnav

Dammit. :/
Screw you, EU! I was kind of looking forward to this although 80 bucks is quite a lot.

[edit]
Not sure if I'd want to spend that much money on it whereas I can just practise on my own.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2011, 06:17 yuastnav

Stallman explicitly said that he is not glad that Jobs is dead but he's glad that he is gone i.e. that he has no influence on Apple anymore - those are two different things.
And yes, if the head of your company is responsible for such things as workers committing suicide because of the working conditions or closed, draconian systems like virtually all the Apple products then yes - as a vanguard of free software and thus someone who stands against everything Apple does you will be glad.
The catch is that Jobs is probably not the only one who enforced that draconian nature of the Apple products and that his successors will want the same, that's where Stallman may be wrong.

I really don't understand the outrage about Stallman's comment. Again, he never said that he's glad Steve Jobs is dead.
But even if he did: who cares?
Well, a lot of people will care but that can be explained by either their moral views on someone saying "they're glad someone else is gone" or their strong emotional attachment to either Jobs, Apple or their products and you can believe me that if Stallman would die all of a sudden they will gladly say the same about him that he said about Jobs (if I recall correctly some already did, in fact, do that in the comment section of the linked site).

Glorifying someone and not pointing out their errors only because that person is dead is just utterly stupid and counterproductive.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 05:28 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:56:
I dont get all of this streamlining, no stats??? Seriously??

JEsus this isnt an action game like Diablo3, its an CRPG. Stats matter. FFS they are the ONLY thing that keeps me interested to keep on playing. Because aside from a few more interesting quests, "go there kill 20 wolves" doesnt really interest me. I want to build the uber hero kick-ass mofo and I need customization to be able to do that.

Here is an appeal to all of you who are thinking about buying/preordering the game on day 1. If you like old-school RPGS that actually have depth. Please dont. Vote with your wallet, guys. Lets actually see if this game is actually a real RPG, before buying.

Worried

Yeah but - I can only actually see that if I really play the game. Sure, I could wait for reviews but I'm kinda psyched, hence the pre-order
Oblivion or Morrowind were, just like Gothic, never real RPGs for me anyway. If I want to play a real RPG I'll fire up Fallout 2 or something like that, Oblivion is more of an action-adventure with RPG elements.
So I'm looking forward to the game though it looks like I won't have much time to play.

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo