Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 683 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
17. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 06:48 yuastnav

Icewind wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 06:39:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:55:
finga wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:49:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:14:
Why do you need this many stores to sell a game that sucks ass?
The game is fucking fantastic. Did you actually play it?

You dare question the authority of Reagle? Better watch yourself. He'll own your ass in CoD.

Yes, if someone doesn't like your indie darling game it must therefore mean he;s a CoD nerd.

Can we stop making that assumption? Every idiot that hears me say I hate Minecraft pulls that shit, and the only thing I hate more than Minecraft are military FPS games.

Point
Match
Set
:E

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
15. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 06:19 yuastnav

Hmm, I think I'll rather wait for Starfarer.  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
33. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 14:53 yuastnav

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 14:07:
[...]
I I thought the DM was too slow, [...]

At first it seems like that but when played correctly it's actually quite fast.
Still, nothing probably beats Quake 1/Quake 3 CPMA/Warsow in terms of speed. Fastest games in the world.

20. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 13:06 yuastnav

Thelemite wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 12:54:
[...] I always wondered if Quake 4 had a decent online component, [...]

since it was even slower than quake 3 that was not quite the case

17. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:38 yuastnav

Clicked the wrong button, post removed.  

16. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:37 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 12:22:
You're nuts. Jedi Knight II was good. Jedi Academy was great. Singularity was alright. Their Star Trek games were mildly entertaining too.

Jedi Outcast was an outstanding game.
Jedi Academy was a buggy, unbalanced piece of feth. Seriously, they spent no time balancing the game and after the release the multiplayer had serious bugs; Raven Software didn't think it was really necessary to fix those.
I spent countless hours with the Jedi Outcast multiplayer right until the release of Jedi Academy. When Jedi Academy came out I played it for a few months and then went back to Jedi Outcast because it was altogether a much better and much more refined game. Jedi Academy had a few neat ideas but it was not a great game.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
51. Re: EA: PC Aug 15, 2011, 09:57 yuastnav

kanniballl wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 08:55:
[...]
There's nothing wrong with console-gaming. It's a great place for platformers and casual gaming. [...]

I'll take platformers on PC over platforms on consoles any time, thank you.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 15, 2011, 04:47 yuastnav

No, that's not it.
I bet they're just not content enough with being the USA's biggest aircraft carrier anymore.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
20. Re: EA: PC Aug 13, 2011, 19:01 yuastnav

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 16:52:
Windows Live sucks, but to be fair, if it weren't for MS, there wouldn't be much gaming on the PC. Mac? Linux? If it weren't for MS what would we be gaming on? They were the only ones who knew it took more than a graphics library to make it easier to make games.

You are right. No one played any games before Microsoft. Only after they made Microsoft people were like "Woah, I have this crazy idea dude, it's like... a game... but ON A MACHINE!!1!"

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer
7. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 18:00 yuastnav

Well, let's put it like this: If this game doesn't stand out through gameplay they need some feature to make it somehow interesting.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer
3. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 11:56 yuastnav

I hope this will be not as boring and underwhelming as the first part.
Day of Defeat was much more in this respect than this whole game.

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
8. Re: No PC Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 07:58 yuastnav

Drezden wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 07:50:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 05:25:
No idea why anyone bothers with ubisoft games.

Because unfortunately they publish the Tom Clancy games which are the only good IP's they really have.

I'll be very disappointed too when Future Soldier comes out and has some sort of retarded DRM on it.

Too bad the last good Tom Clancy games were released over half a decade ago.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
49. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:29 yuastnav

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:01:
[...]
Can someone give me a legit argument without using "principles" or "morales" on why this entire situtation induces so much hatred and rage.
[...]
Maybe because I'm not an idiot it's hard for me to understand why this is such a big fucking deal.

Good point. We should throw morales and principles out the window and celebrate that occasion by going on a rampage; killing everyone while kicking babies and drinking virgin blood.
But apparently I am an idiot because I think that the fundamental principles societies are based on are based on morality.

Only because it's inconvenient for your unreasonableness doesn't mean it's not a legitimate argument.

9. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 11:07 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 11:02:
"I mean, people love control! Who doesn't? People love to be controlled and always monitored. Just remember that thingy from Deus Ex. This is the future, this is better. Trust us! After all, who wouldn't give up a little freedom for security and comfort?"

Not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand.
You realize that, even in offline mode, Steam will store your usage statistics and just upload it next time it connects to its own server. So the only way to not be monitored is to buy a game then never connect again, not even to buy a new game. Except that Valve monitored you buying that game and stored it as a statistic somewhere.

Really, the only way not to be monitored is to walk out into the ocean and never be seen again.

And I never said that that's a good thing about Steam.
That's what I love about gog. I download the game and I'm done. Never have to associate with them again.

3. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 10:47 yuastnav

"I mean, people love control! Who doesn't? People love to be controlled and always monitored. Just remember that thingy from Deus Ex. This is the future, this is better. Trust us! After all, who wouldn't give up a little freedom for security and comfort?"

I think you forgot to add that, Timmy. Oh, don't give me the look. I know you wanted to say it anyway.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage Aug 8, 2011, 13:13 yuastnav

Wasn't able to watch it but I'm still looking forward to that game.
It will probably not be one of the best or innovative games but if it's going to be at least as entertaining as Oblivion then that's fine.
As Beamer said, easy 70+ hours. Probably much more.
Oblivion was just too entertaining and fun.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 10:12 yuastnav

I played a few hours of E.Y.E. and I quite like it.
Big levels, lots of shooting, a neat hacking system and interesting upgrades. This game is pretty good.
I was really torn whether I should buy it and I never regretted that purchase, so far.

It's probably too hardcore for most of people. I know that because barely anyone plays Warsow or Ezquake so it must be true.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2011, 06:53 yuastnav

The German wikipedia, with its rules on relevance, is a joke.
It's basically a closed circle of trigger-happy admins who get off on deleting articles because they have the power and others don't.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 7, 2011, 06:46 yuastnav

I love Star Wars!
And I'm never going to play this game. It looks boring as hell.

I wish they'd make another Jedi Knight instead, a proper Jedi Knight 3, for example. Not another crappy Force Unleashed or Lego Star Wars.

I guess that's the curse of Lucas. Everything starts off great and after a while, when enough fame is accumulated, it gets transformed into a mindless money-making machine.

I hope this flops!

News Comments > Insert Provocative Headline Here
9. Re: Insert Provocative Headline Here Aug 7, 2011, 04:53 yuastnav

Draugr wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 23:36:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 20:30:
Episode 3 was actually made but a certain someone at Valve ate it accidentally.
Now they are waiting for id to release id tech 4 so they can use that as a basis to make their own engine with completely messed up netcode, so basically much like what they did with the Quake 2 engine.
Everything old is new again.

LOL FAT JOKE, COMEDY GOLD.

[...]

Wait, are you implying that a certain Mr. Newell did it? How could stoop to such a low level?
Shame on you sir, shame on you!

683 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo