Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
30. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 14, 2014, 11:16 yuastnav

The decision to use the CryEngine for a space game always stuck me as odd. I realise that the Crysis games have big levels but this is on a completely different scale.
Though I know next to nothing about the technical details, so maybe someone who does can explain what the hell is going on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
19. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 10, 2014, 07:11 yuastnav

jimnms wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 00:19:
ochentay4 wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 22:59:
I don't know why all the fuss on FSX. X-Plane is great, cheaper, and I still don't understand why isn't on Steam.

Unless X-Plane has had some drastic changes the last time I tried it, it was horrible compared to MSFS. Its scenery was bland and generic, the cockpits bland and generic and the flight modeling was a joke.

I felt the same, just switched. X-Plane was great while the scenery and cockpits in FS weren't as good and the flight model in FS felt kinda gimmicky compared to X-Plane.

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
19. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 06:24 yuastnav

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 08:20:
I had plenty of things to say about Shootmania back in beta and through the first several months of release - and none of it was good.

Ill recap:

Been many months since I fired it up, pretty shit game.

Here's a few of the many qualified reasons Shootmania is a pile of shoot:

1. The insanely inept and vain dev responses on the beta forums when people gave solid constructive criticism.

2. Shootmanias constant 'announcements' that their garbage game is the new quake among the elite pro gamer tournaments around the world, even during beta.

3. Shootmania has terrible network code which has been improved but LARGELY lacking in almost every way imaginable.

4. Their eye destroying UI.

5. Complete lack of a US community and players, and a sparce EU one.

That doesn't make any sense. Point 3 is the only point that you listed which gives any indication about how the game is.
Whether the developers listen to criticism or whether there are too many announcements doesn't tell me ANYTHING about how the game itself plays.

You claim that you say why the game is bad but then you don't actually back it up with any arguments.

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas
7. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas Jun 30, 2014, 15:30 yuastnav

harlock wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 11:08:
yuastnav wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 03:49:
This is great news. Will be able to play M&B natively when I finally ditch Windows completely due to the braindead direction Microsoft is taking it in. \o/

as you eat your cans of beans, down in your bunker

It may be difficult to believe but we aren't actually batshit insane enough to even have any bunkers around here.

Nothing against beans. Although I don't like them very much.

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas
5. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas Jun 30, 2014, 03:49 yuastnav

This is great news. Will be able to play M&B natively when I finally ditch Windows completely due to the braindead direction Microsoft is taking it in. \o/  

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
43. Re: Hello Games Jun 26, 2014, 02:22 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:46:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 10:30:
Yeah, this definitely has red flags all over it.

And after reading that interview with the devs, I lost interest in it.

The fact that it isnt truly procedurally generated content and is instead specifically crafted (so everyone's going to experience the same wildlife, flora, geography, etc of every planet) was a bit of a let down.

Not to mention the fact that their focus is simply being MMO exploration and space fighting rather than missions and a story/campaign bummed me out.

I was hoping it was going to be like a procedurally generated sci-fi Skyrim-type game with single player story/campaign, side missions, random jobs/quests, star system exploration, planetary exploration, space and land battles against AI enemies, AI NPCs, etc.

Maybe one day

Probably no day. [...]

Why not?
Maybe not on the machines we have now, in the sense that trying to simulate the human brain on normal computers is very inefficient because they work completely differently, but that doesn't mean that we won't have the type of computers who are very efficient at simulating an ai that is capable of procedurally generated missions that feel like they were written by a real person.
This is, of course, very fictional and the science behind it is highly questionable but I wouldn't necessarily rule out such an option.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
76. Re: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis? Jun 2, 2014, 06:19 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 04:09:
[...] According to some of the newest neurological papers, free will, as we know it is very deceptive and most probably untrue. [...]

Neuroscience is so young that I do not think it is possible to say whether the whole neuroscientific community as a whole has come to the conclusion that free will doesn't exist.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video
11. Re: Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video Jun 1, 2014, 13:53 yuastnav

Instagib and low gravity sounds like a horrible idea. You have very little control in low gravity which means that you will be fragged immediately. I guess the smarter players will avoid jumping as much as possible.

Hall of giants in CTF mode was fun as hell, though, since low gravity was turned on per default on that map, if I remember correctly. Great fun.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
17. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 17:08 yuastnav

I just liked playing as Death so I'm intrigued how they are going to continue the series (never played as War).  

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
44. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 9, 2014, 03:50 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:43:
I want someone to recreate Hall of Giants. Best CTF map ever.

Oh my god, yes! This map was a blast!

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
81. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 16:19 yuastnav

Watched a video of it. *shrug* Looks okay.
Not something I'd pay a monthly fee for. Maybe a sale.

Though since I only play on PC good riddance.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 04:52 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:35:
Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 22:54:
Julio wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:52:
Let's blame all males for creepy internet stalkers...and everything else that's wrong in the world too. The guy who wrote the article needs to do an "Andre Johnson" move.
Who is blaming all men? No one.

A weird defensiveness always emerges whenever someone talks about male privilege. You're not personally to blame for being privileged unless you actively work toward maintaining that privilege at the expense of others, or stick your head in the sand and deny it even exists. If you don't do those things, no one is blaming you.

For most males, this topic is poisoned to the core thanks to radical feminists. [...]

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
9. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 10:28 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:35:
Any news of a freelook mode (ability?) inside of the cockpit?
Elite Dangerous has that "feature"

As for X-Rebirth at least they are working on the game and not on a DLC or next title.

Considering how fubared Rebirth was, maybe just scrapping it and starting over from scratch would be the wiser course of action...

Yeah, I feel the same way. For me it seems that there are just too many small things that don't really work and when summed up it becomes kind of a pain to play.
Just the way the cockpit, the menus, the stations, the trading, giving orders etc. is designed it would probably be better to redesign the thing from the ground up.

Rebirth was an experiment but it didn't really succeed.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
22. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 23, 2014, 08:12 yuastnav

Played the first two Gothic games countless times. Played the third once, never finished Risen. Didn't even touch Risen 2.

Though if they return to the style and setting of the Gothic games with Risen 3 I might give it a try.

I still wish that they'd do something completely different. Why not sci-fi? :/

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
13. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:22 yuastnav

I've watched a youtube video of this and it seems to me that Gearhead Garage was much better than that (at least I feel that way because it was simpler and there was less overhead). What a shame.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
25. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 18:27 yuastnav

This is the first time that I've heard about this game.
Can someone enlightend us please on what's going on?

Or is it just a case of "simple mobile game got popular for some reason which attracted a lot of criticism"?
If that is the case, what is the criticism then?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
31. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 2, 2014, 03:43 yuastnav

.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 00:41:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 12:26:
I'd rather have a remake of the original Duke 3D from those guys that remade Rise of The Triad.

But the assholes at Gearbox reneged on that deal.

EDIT:
and they say this means the next Duke Nukem game will be announced at that time by Interceptor Entertainment

WOOT! FUCK YEAH!

I hope it is a reamake and not a new game!!!

You know, I've never heard anything good about the RoTT remake. I remember when it came out there were several complaints about crap graphics, crap performance that was unbelievably bad for the crap graphics you had, crap optimization that caused several glitches and crashes, crap weapons, and crap checkpoint save system rather than the "save anywhere" one so many people say is superior (and since most times I see Checkpoint Save and Consolitis in the same sentence so often, seeing it not complained about in a PC game at this point would nearly blow my mind).
So, is it really not so bad as I've read, or is it a case of rose tinted glasses forgiving the games deficiencies?

Really?
The complaints that I heard that the checkpoint system sucks, the performance of the game is bad and some of the of the weapons, like pistols or machine guns, don't have much meat behind them.
Rocket launchers etc. on the other hand are really fun to use and the fast pace of the game makes it really fun game over all.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jan 31, 2014, 03:31 yuastnav

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 22:21:
Still no Pandora Tomorrow? Hitman Contracts finally got its licensing squared away and is now on Steam; why can't the second Splinter Cell do the same? It's been in limbo forever.

Don't bother. Pandora Tomorrow was the worst of the true Splinter Cell games. Though I cannot decide which I like more, the first one or Chaos Theory.
Well, double agent was a POS and I didn't even play Conviction since it didn't look like a Splinter Cell game at all.
Also, the story is too much srs bsns and I really couldn't take it seriously anymore.

So Blacklist is better in that respect? How does it compare to Chaos Theory?

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
19. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 09:59 yuastnav

ViRGE wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 08:46:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 08:00:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 02:46:
Meh, didn't like Saints Row IV. The superpowers got boring after about 10 hours and the game is way longer than that, although I rage quit after the game crashed halfway through the last mission. Didn't feel like doing it again.

And because you had superpowers there was almost no point in driving/flying the vehicles, which was a shame.

Oh well, the second Saints Row is still the best. Good mix of ridiculouseness and "modern drama".

Nailed it right on the head. SR2 is still the best game out of the series.
Perhaps if we're talking about the consoles. But the PC port is not fit for human consumption.

I played it on the PC many years after it was originally released.

I agree that the port was really bad but the game was not broken at least.
Let's consider Alpha Protocol, for example (which is also a good game). Saints Row 2 was functional and personally I was able to get used to stuttering and how the camera behaves while driving. It didn't get in my way... mostly. Alpha Protocol, on the other hand, DID get in the way, since the weird stuttering and mouse acceleration effects had a detrimental effect on my aiming and what not.

Saints Row 2 had a bad port but by far not the worst.

Although maybe I'm used to that since I also enjoyed games like the Gothis Series, Boiling Point etc. which didn't have bad ports since they were PC games but had similar issues as SR2 and AP, in some ways at least.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
14. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 02:46 yuastnav

Meh, didn't like Saints Row IV. The superpowers got boring after about 10 hours and the game is way longer than that, although I rage quit after the game crashed halfway through the last mission. Didn't feel like doing it again.

And because you had superpowers there was almost no point in driving/flying the vehicles, which was a shame.

Oh well, the second Saints Row is still the best. Good mix of ridiculouseness and "modern drama".

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo