Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 888 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 6, 2015, 18:15 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 12:36:
InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 02:20:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 22:41:
3 hours a day ... I' m probably pushing over 8 hours a day. Destiny is video game crack, not since my civ days have I had this much trouble turning it off.

Strange. Civ is addictive. It is also a fucking awesome PC game. Destiny, hell I dont know what it is, but it's most definitely a console FPS that you play with a controller. That alone is reason enough to stay away from it.

Yeah, I have never been able to play an FPS with a controller. I could play BL2 with a controller, but mouse n keyboard are just more fun for me.

Heh, I never owned a console and so it's almost impossible for me to play ANYTHING with a controller. I taught myself how to play something like ETS2 with a controller because it's just easier to drive and it took me many hours to be able to play Renegade Ops but that is about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
15. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:03 yuastnav

Wow, this is incredibly embarrassing. I wonder whether someone takes that seriously?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 13:01 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 09:47:
You wanna hear a funny story?

Stolen bank card in Germany (not the pin), reported stolen to police and bank. Blocked by the BANK. All within 2 hours after it was stolen.

3 months later, payments done with it, on stores that use a form of delayed payment, you only need to swipe card through card reader, no pin, only signature (Yes, for some absurd reason that's legal??). And yes, each and every store now brings the lawyers to get their money, from the owner of the card.. who blocked it, and reported it stolen months ago.

Bank protection in this case? Zero. Lesson, don't ever displace your bank card in Germany. And if you do, change your bank. I am not even kidding. If you don't change bank after your card was stolen someone can actually pay with it, and bring you in huge trouble (+ credit rating goes down to boot).

Anyway, I trust Google more than my bank.. how sad is that.

Silly ereaser, that is why you go to to the Sparkasse. :p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Malicious advertisements on major sites... Feb 6, 2015, 09:04 yuastnav

NetHead wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 18:57:
Shocking, who would have guessed that services integrating into countless other sites would be a target for spreading malicious software.

What next, will hackers start targeting Windows, will people start putting fishing nets where they expect fish?

Also, Adblock is great but I wouldn't reply on it when it comes to security (or privacy/tracking) form ad servers. Better to treat it as purely a cosmetic thing that coincidentally prevents some malicious things. If you're relying on Adblock for security or privacy from ad servers, well a false sense of security can sometimes be worse than no security.

Well, that's why there's no script, cookie monster, ghostery, privacy badger, requestpolicy...
It does make some sites completely unusable, though, even if you turn off everything the site is not displayed properly or at all. Happens rarely, though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 16:03 yuastnav

Ah, okay. I am only eligible for the final game but I thought they'd start sending out keys a few months before release since it's already on Steam and what not.
Guess I was wrong.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 10:58 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 10:33:
I'm not giving them another penny in advance after how they have failed to properly communicate PoE delays to the backers first. If they don't give a shit about their backers, I'm not giving a shit about them.
I'll be getting the PoE expansion for free due to my pledge level. A possible PoE 2 will be a bargain bin purchase sub $9.99 at most for me.

Woah, slow down there friend.
It's just a delay, why the hate?

Whenever a game is announced I just ignore the first two release dates (i.e. the release date and the first delay) that are given because they're not going to be upheld anyway.
Making software is hard. (and btw it's Obsidian so it counts doubly so)

Anyway, so it's going to launch soon and I still don't have my Steam key?
Obsidian pls.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 17:35 yuastnav

Krovven wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 17:26:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 15:05:
Jesus, idiots gonna preorder sight unseen. >_>

And idiots keep posting stupid shit.

By sight unseen, you mean the PS3, 360, PS4, Xbone versions don't count?

Right, because it doesn't matter how well the game will perform.
I mean come on, it's not like GTA IV's port was a piece of shit that doesn't work properly until this very day ohwaitasecond...

If people are going to preorder anyway, why should they spend any effort doing a proper job? It's going to sell anyway, so why bother?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 15:05 yuastnav

Jesus, idiots gonna preorder sight unseen. >_>  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 31, 2015, 04:35 yuastnav

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 21:15:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 20:20:
Okay, so I actually finished Episode 1 and it's pretty shor.
Steam says I've played for 7 hours but I think I've idled for 3 of those.

It was a beautiful experience. Beautiful game.

If they can keep that pace, $20 for 20 hours (even 15) is awesome.

Yeah, that's what I hope. Anyway, the money I paid for that experience was entirely worth it.

11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 30, 2015, 20:20 yuastnav

Okay, so I actually finished Episode 1 and it's pretty shor.
Steam says I've played for 7 hours but I think I've idled for 3 of those.

It was a beautiful experience. Beautiful game.

9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 30, 2015, 13:36 yuastnav

Okay so I couldn't resist and actually played for ten minutes or so.

When I first saw the trailers I thought this is a point and click game like those Telltale games, which I'm not really a fan of and thus haven't played but you can actually roam around with WASD and interact with stuff etc. which really surprised me in a very, very positive way.

I like the voice acting and I really dig the aesthetics. I'm note sure whether this is in any way related to cell-shading (it kinda looks like borderlands/xiii/telltale but also kind not) but it's really nice.

Overall the game has a serene feel to it, dunno how to describe.
This was a really raw first impression but at the moment I'm not regretting spending those 20 bucks at all.

Would love to hear other people's opinions.

6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 30, 2015, 12:51 yuastnav

It's downloading right now. Hopefully I'll be able to play it during the weekend. Am totally tired from the week and just want to sleep but have to practice guitar... >_>  

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Released
10. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Released Jan 30, 2015, 09:20 yuastnav

Kobalt wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 23:21:
Why do people keep giving david cage money? All his games are mostly story where the story is terrible.

Well, I guess people sometimes like really terrible stories. Maybe something akin to a guilty pleasure? I like the first Judge Dredd movie, the one with Sylvester Stallone, although it's pretty terrible. Guilty pleasure.
Same probably extends to David Cage games.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2015, 14:42 yuastnav

I don't understand why most people think that AIs will try to conquer humanity anyway.
There was actually a book by Stanislaw Lem about a computer that was vastly more intelligent than any human. Instead of waging war it just stopped communicating at some point.

Though I guess if you make computers as intelligent as humans this could be bad, though in this case they wouldn't be super intelligent.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
21. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 16:41 yuastnav

Task wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:30:
The backers already have access to the FPS module as well, so they are playing with that, not just the dogfight stuff. They also have access to a very early alpha of the social interaction module they talk about there, players waltzing around a market, etc.

So are there videos about that? Or is it NDAd?

Can't they already show the MMO part? I dunno, just make one solar system or something i.e. not a large scale.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
19. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 16:24 yuastnav

Chris, less talking and more gameplay footage plx.

There... there is gameplay, right? I mean, after 4/5 years (according to the evil wikipedia development started in 2011) surely there is something to show.

I haven't quite followed the release schedule. Besides this dogfighting module, what else did they release that's interesting?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2015, 19:57 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 19:50:
FCC: Blocking Wi-Fi in hotels is prohibited.

Hotels will lobby congress. A new law will be passed allowing hotel wi fi to be blocked. Because freedom.

http://youtu.be/Rfd0_7BcU-0?t=1m33s

News Comments > Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs
12. Re: Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs Jan 27, 2015, 06:33 yuastnav

Ventura wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 19:45:
Chance of me buying this based on what features they say it's going to include: 0%.

Fool me once, guys...

As long as I'm going to enjoy my game it's okay.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
20. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 15:34 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:22:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 11:27:
I was bored after the a couple of hours with the first game. Though I still cannot forgive Mr. Pitchfork for the DNF fiasco, not to mention Aliens.

I guess this is the way it goes. Once you have a successful series you just throw creativity out the window, copy paste some of the old stuff, give it a new coat of paint and call it a day.

If all you've played of the series was a couple of hours of the first game, how can you say that they're throwing creativity out the window, copy-pasting and giving a new coat of paint?

I mean, all we know is that they're hiring. Quick to make that judgment, no? I'd wager some of your favorite games are sequels. And Borderlands 2 was definitely not lacking in creativity. The Prequel may have been, though people here seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. But that was also the outsourced same-engine game. Borderlands 3, from the primary team, with a new engine, will be where they try new things.

That's true, but I've seen reviews and gameplay videos of Borderlands 2 and it just looked... totally the same.

You are right, of course. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is an extremely awesome game. It's a sequel but, at least tech-wise, it doesn't have anything to do with the games before. Setting is the same and gameplay is very similar but what made the game shine was its interface.

I just don't see where they can go with Borderlands 3 so it doesn't look and play exactly like all the predecessors. I'm also really annoyed at people hashing out sequels instead of trying something new. My favourite video game is Gothic but every game after that is just basically the same thing. Nameless hero in a fantasy world with undead creatures and three classes to chose form. That's it, that's all Piranha Bytes knows and it's incredibly frustrating.
To me it just looks like the same is happening with Borderlands.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record Jan 26, 2015, 15:26 yuastnav

I think I clocked in about 85 hours on Steam, but I've played much more before without Steam and also during the Beta.

It's a great game to get into from time to time. Most of the standard weapons are actually fine, except for the sniper rifle. I actually paid a bit of money for gold to get the Bolt action rifle but it was worth it.

It's always nice if you can get into a squad with a platoon and active squad leaders but, after a patch, you can actually do without, since you get missions to defend or to capture a certain area.

I've finally discovered the long-distance infiltrator. Actually played on Hossin on Cobalt Saturday night, when the record was made and got quite a few headdies.

Netcode is not that great but it's very functional. This game is definitely less skill based than your Quake 2/Quake 3 CPMA but the sheer scope of the game makes it awesome to play. Just wish there were more players, though you can get a good game Friday/Saturday/Sunday evening. Maybe even during the week but I'm not sure, don't really play it then.

Man, it's always such a blast when you managed to capture The Crown on Indar. It's IMPOSSIBLE to drive the enemy out of there but sometimes, when everything's just right, those sweet, sweet moments when everything comes together... you can do it.

[edit]
Truth.

888 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo