Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 898 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 15, 2015, 15:34 yuastnav

GamersGate is already ten years old? Really? I thought they started in like 2009 or something.

[edit]
Oh wait nvm, I'm thinking about greenmangaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
17. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 13, 2015, 08:07 yuastnav

Slick wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 04:32:
i know that people will no doubt jump on me for saying this, but i never experienced anything terrible with unity. any bethesda game released has more bugs in it 5 years after launch then unity did for me at launch. so it got bad FPS on consoles, who gives a flying fuck? cry me a river, you bought a mid-level 2 year old laptop, and it doesn't play a next-gen game very well, wahhh wahh.

i never had any random floating characters, no broken quests, and with my 980 i played with 60 FPS almost consistently with near-ultra settings. the game looked gorgeous, and played almost identically to any other AssCred game, same shit, brand new beautiful engine.

people love getting their knickers in a twist it seems, but there's no consistency. unity worked flawless for me, i played half of it and then got bored, same as just about all other AssCred games, except this one looked phenomenal.

if it was a bethesda game, people would create cute memes embracing every quirky bug they found. with ubisoft for some reason people just rage like someone just raped their grandma. show me anything as bad as the flying horse glitch in unity, and i'll eat my hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94yP8_U_zaQ

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
1. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 11, 2015, 19:36 yuastnav

Uh huh. Will not affect the operation of current games.

What about the upcoming games?

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Early Access
18. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Early Access Feb 11, 2015, 19:29 yuastnav

Mhm, Frontier Developments released a game that is feature complete, as outlined before.

Keen Software House made Miner Wars. Well, that was a disappointment. They promised a MMO. As far as I know that never happened. They just stopped developing the game at some point and marked it as "finished".
Now they are pulling the same shit with Space Engineers, from what it looks like.

It's like they lack the attention span to focus on one single project so they can flesh it out and make a complete and coherent experience.
I guess as soon as sales start to dry up they just move to the next new shiny thing they came up with to get more money.

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

News Comments > GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action
5. Re: GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action Feb 11, 2015, 05:37 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 22:01:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 21:21:
Please GSC sue em right now! Don't delay sue these asshats back to the stone age right now!

Problem is it's a lot of money for little gain. I don't understand why they just don't get the cops to shut them down for engaging in fraudulent activities. Screwed up as things are here, Russia is still the Wild West these days.

Maybe because none of them are in Russia.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2015, 08:17 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 06:40:
Alamar wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 00:57:
Dacron wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:02:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 19:47:
Heh, just realised that Dying Light is also not available in Germany.

Woohoo. >_>
This is getting really weird. It's just zombies.

Why?

Maybe it's the rare (30 hours, seen 3, all part of missions so far) child zombies you kill by suffocating while reassuring it with "shhh shhh" noises.

If I were to hazard a guess.

Oh man... The first time... Great stuff : )

Threw 6 molotovs in that room until everything was nice and quiet, was worth it.

Hey, how did you get to play Dying Light?

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
10. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 10, 2015, 08:15 yuastnav

ItBurn wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 03:29:
25-40 hours is way too long for a puzzle game.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

The reason why I don't finish many games that I play is because they outstay their welcome. The gameplay has to be REALLY good if I'm going to play the game for any significant amount of time.

I would have preferred a shorter and more focused experience.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
32. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 16:11 yuastnav

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 14:54:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 10:30:
Smart always sounded to me like the worst kind of jackass. But the jackass is doing a nice thing here.

So, thanks. Jackass.

If you really talk to the guy about it, he admits that it's an online persona of sorts. He feels the need to project that personality because his origins in the gaming scene kind of demand it. It's difficult to explain if you're not an old school gamer, but basically in the early days of the Internet there were a lot of gaming forums and they all had egos the size of Texas running them, modding them, discussing on them, etc., and this was especially true of indie developers. A modern example would be Phil Fish, an older example might be John Romero, but essentially Derek Smart makes games because he likes the challenge but also because he likes to role-play online life as a gaming gangster.

It is a nice gesture and while I never really got into any of his games, I did appreciate what he was trying to do. He had some really great ideas and sometimes things actually did work, it was just tough to get into and never really "complete."

So why does he feel the need to pretend he has a PhD? I never understood that part. Everyone knows he doesn't have one so why fake it?

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 19:47 yuastnav

Heh, just realised that Dying Light is also not available in Germany.

Woohoo. >_>
This is getting really weird. It's just zombies.

Why?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 05:11 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 21:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 18:46:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:01:

Silly ereaser, that is why you go to to the Sparkasse. :p

Ah yes.. except that was a Sparkasse story Here is the link (In case you speak German)

RBB Online

Very curious case, and I honestly did not even know that is possible with a EC card that is blocked.

Who names their company "Sparkass?"

Well, Sparkasse is two words, Spar and Kasse.
Sparen means to save something, in most casese its used in the context of money.
Kasse something like a cash box.

So it's a cash box where you can save money. :p

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 6, 2015, 18:15 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 12:36:
InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 02:20:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 22:41:
3 hours a day ... I' m probably pushing over 8 hours a day. Destiny is video game crack, not since my civ days have I had this much trouble turning it off.

Strange. Civ is addictive. It is also a fucking awesome PC game. Destiny, hell I dont know what it is, but it's most definitely a console FPS that you play with a controller. That alone is reason enough to stay away from it.

Yeah, I have never been able to play an FPS with a controller. I could play BL2 with a controller, but mouse n keyboard are just more fun for me.

Heh, I never owned a console and so it's almost impossible for me to play ANYTHING with a controller. I taught myself how to play something like ETS2 with a controller because it's just easier to drive and it took me many hours to be able to play Renegade Ops but that is about it.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
15. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:03 yuastnav

Wow, this is incredibly embarrassing. I wonder whether someone takes that seriously?  

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 13:01 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 09:47:
You wanna hear a funny story?

Stolen bank card in Germany (not the pin), reported stolen to police and bank. Blocked by the BANK. All within 2 hours after it was stolen.

3 months later, payments done with it, on stores that use a form of delayed payment, you only need to swipe card through card reader, no pin, only signature (Yes, for some absurd reason that's legal??). And yes, each and every store now brings the lawyers to get their money, from the owner of the card.. who blocked it, and reported it stolen months ago.

Bank protection in this case? Zero. Lesson, don't ever displace your bank card in Germany. And if you do, change your bank. I am not even kidding. If you don't change bank after your card was stolen someone can actually pay with it, and bring you in huge trouble (+ credit rating goes down to boot).

Anyway, I trust Google more than my bank.. how sad is that.

Silly ereaser, that is why you go to to the Sparkasse. :p

11. Re: Malicious advertisements on major sites... Feb 6, 2015, 09:04 yuastnav

NetHead wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 18:57:
Shocking, who would have guessed that services integrating into countless other sites would be a target for spreading malicious software.

What next, will hackers start targeting Windows, will people start putting fishing nets where they expect fish?

Also, Adblock is great but I wouldn't reply on it when it comes to security (or privacy/tracking) form ad servers. Better to treat it as purely a cosmetic thing that coincidentally prevents some malicious things. If you're relying on Adblock for security or privacy from ad servers, well a false sense of security can sometimes be worse than no security.

Well, that's why there's no script, cookie monster, ghostery, privacy badger, requestpolicy...
It does make some sites completely unusable, though, even if you turn off everything the site is not displayed properly or at all. Happens rarely, though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 16:03 yuastnav

Ah, okay. I am only eligible for the final game but I thought they'd start sending out keys a few months before release since it's already on Steam and what not.
Guess I was wrong.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 10:58 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 10:33:
I'm not giving them another penny in advance after how they have failed to properly communicate PoE delays to the backers first. If they don't give a shit about their backers, I'm not giving a shit about them.
I'll be getting the PoE expansion for free due to my pledge level. A possible PoE 2 will be a bargain bin purchase sub $9.99 at most for me.

Woah, slow down there friend.
It's just a delay, why the hate?

Whenever a game is announced I just ignore the first two release dates (i.e. the release date and the first delay) that are given because they're not going to be upheld anyway.
Making software is hard. (and btw it's Obsidian so it counts doubly so)

Anyway, so it's going to launch soon and I still don't have my Steam key?
Obsidian pls.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 17:35 yuastnav

Krovven wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 17:26:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 15:05:
Jesus, idiots gonna preorder sight unseen. >_>

And idiots keep posting stupid shit.

By sight unseen, you mean the PS3, 360, PS4, Xbone versions don't count?

Right, because it doesn't matter how well the game will perform.
I mean come on, it's not like GTA IV's port was a piece of shit that doesn't work properly until this very day ohwaitasecond...

If people are going to preorder anyway, why should they spend any effort doing a proper job? It's going to sell anyway, so why bother?

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 15:05 yuastnav

Jesus, idiots gonna preorder sight unseen. >_>  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 31, 2015, 04:35 yuastnav

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 21:15:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 20:20:
Okay, so I actually finished Episode 1 and it's pretty shor.
Steam says I've played for 7 hours but I think I've idled for 3 of those.

It was a beautiful experience. Beautiful game.

If they can keep that pace, $20 for 20 hours (even 15) is awesome.

Yeah, that's what I hope. Anyway, the money I paid for that experience was entirely worth it.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange
11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 30, 2015, 20:20 yuastnav

Okay, so I actually finished Episode 1 and it's pretty shor.
Steam says I've played for 7 hours but I think I've idled for 3 of those.

It was a beautiful experience. Beautiful game.

898 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo