Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 749 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Defender's Quest & Demo Released
9. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 24, 2012, 09:51 yuastnav

Btw. I'd also recommend getting the soundtrack because it is really good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 24, 2012, 04:50 yuastnav

I liked Revenge of the Titans but if I remember correctly you had much more freedom when it came to placing your towers.
In Defender's Quest you have that traditional tile-based system while the the enemy walks along its predetermined path, though that is not a bad thing.

Concerning the RPG elements - it is a bit like a very simple RPG, you have different classes with different abilities (e.g. fighter, archer etc.) and you have to use them strategically because they are better against certain classes than others. And they level up which gives you skill points that you can spend to unlock new skills which you can access in-game by boosting the respective character.

It is really worth the money. I cannot believe how much I like the style, but to each their own, I guess. I don't like that 50s style from The unstoppable Gorg but that medieval fantasy thing, that is going on here, really does it for me.

I hope the game does well enough.

2. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 23, 2012, 19:58 yuastnav

Man, this game is really awesome.
Normally I don't play Tower Defence games, do not like them. Had enough of them after I played some Starcraft Brood War maps with my friends, many years ago and the only ones I have played since then were Sanctum and Revenge of the Titans.
This one is really good, though. I just really like the style and the setting they went for and really enjoy the humour, the mix between tower defence and rpg works quite well, too.
Afaik it is neither on Desura nor on Steam though I personally like it that way because I hate to use installers or self-unpacking binaries on my Linux machine.
Took me about ten hours to finish the main game but only on casual, though. Will try to get perfect on every difficulty setting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 14:12 yuastnav

Am I seeing double or are there two "Out of the Blue"s?  

News Comments > Indie Royale New Year's Bundle
9. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 05:46 yuastnav

The impression that I have is that, the people who do the Indie Royale, saw how successful the Humble Indie Bundle was but didn't fancy the idea that additional work would need to be done to create Linux ports - so they just made a bundle where that is not a requirement.
A shame, really.
Though it still looks like the Humble Indie Bundle is the most successful one of all the bundles there have been.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans
12. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 06:47 yuastnav

WarpCrow wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 01:57:
[...] I'm playing the game and I'm having a lot of fun with it, despite having very low expectations thanks to EA's involvement. [...]

Uh, that is not correct. You are having fun because you had low expectations, not despite having low expectations.
You see - you had low expectations i.e. you did not expect very much from this game and the game offered more than you expected and that is why you are having fun.
If you had high expectations than the game would have under-delivered and you would not be having fun.

News Comments > Sweden Recognizes File-Sharing Church
23. Re: Sweden Recognizes File-Sharing Church Jan 5, 2012, 06:36 yuastnav

What a shame that Heinlein only concerns himself with Western democracies.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2012, 10:44 yuastnav

Halo wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 10:36:
I'm glad the article states that it's not actually Facebooks fault but the fact that a bad marriage and the ability to talk to just about anybody is the root cause. The leading cause for divorce is always marriage lol.

Sadly not everyone has the mental capabilities to realise that, at least I get that impression when I look at the comments section of this article.
These people could also be trolling though.

Either way; sad, sad.

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
4. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 3, 2012, 05:29 yuastnav

It is a bit sad to see how some media outlets are completely incapable in dealing with such a new phenomenon as Anonymous.
No, Anonymous is not a group, saying "Anonymous said this and that" does not make much sense since people could go ahead and attack PSN while claiming they are Anonymous while others will say that they will stand by the decision not do something like that. It is not an organisation, it is a loose gathering of people.
Adaptation was one of man's greatest strengths but some people are obviously inept at that, in modern days.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
28. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 19:45 yuastnav

Respen wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 17:28:
[...] Dropping F bombs; at least in front of women and children is still illegal in this state, [...]

And thankfully such censorship is not common in the more civilised parts of the world.
Again: This is the internet. The internet is not a really a "state" or something like that so I'd recommend to drop these archaic ideas and embrace a more modern approach.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
16. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 15:05 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:01:
If I recall I think I got a warning about swearing in the beta. Blew my mind. I asked them wtf the chat filter was for in that case. Yet another reason this game is doomed.

Sorry, but that there was absolutely no way that they could've made room for a word filter in their budget.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jan 1, 2012, 12:40 yuastnav

Doombringer wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 11:02:
PropheT wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 03:04:
Doombringer wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 21:55:
Krahulik should have stayed out of it. He can spin it however he'd like, but it boils down to "I think I'm pretty important since I run PA and PAX, so I'm going to throw my weight into this bit of arm-flailing."

Between this ridiculousness and the Notch/Yogscast Twitter debacle a few weeks back, the "gaming community" is looking more and more like "kindergarten."

That's absolutely ridiculous.

It might also be worth noting that since PAX, the show the guy was touting that he'd be at, wouldn't exist without Krahulik...he doesn't have to think he's important, he is. If he doesn't want someone with that sort of behavior being on the floor at his show then I think it'd be irresponsible for him not to say something. It's part of why PA is as popular as it is, because they aren't just going to let it slide because someone is paying them money...they actually care about what's going on.

As much as I hate the gaming community in general, the actual event that people are talking about is one of the positive examples of it. The stupidity surrounding it and the juvenile actions of random people who aren't involved with the story sucks (including Kotaku here), but it's pretty silly to think that's a gaming community thing and not a general internet thing.

And further dragging this into the public eye accomplishes... what, exactly?

Cheap entertainment for once and even more cheap entertainment concerning discussions about the morality of the whole story. Kind of redundant, actually.

[edit]
Oh yeah, and clicks, c.f. Forbes article.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch
11. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 05:47 yuastnav

There are vehicles, yes.
So far I have seen something that looks like a hovering motorcycle, a tank and an aircraft.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch
8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 18:35 yuastnav

Was hesitant when I first read about it, especially since I have never played a Tribes game before, but after having received a beta key (I didn't even know why since I, although I wanted to, never applied - my guess is it's because I bought Global Agenda) and actually played for a bit I can say that this game is a blast!
Really fun, kinda fast (although not really fast-paced) multiplayer shooter. Good times.

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
15. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 24, 2011, 05:28 yuastnav

A VPN network could work - it also could not, depending on how they implement it.
For example: I can say from personal experience that it does not work on Steam. I can connect from the US using a VPN and see products that would otherwise be banned in Germany but if I'd actually try to purchase them I would not be able to do that because I have to enter the address where I live and PayPal also show that my bank account is in Germany. That way Steam can actually determine that I am not a buyer from the USA but from Germany and stop me from buying that game.
Apparently it works sometimes when you use a credit card, or so I have read, though it is a bit strange how that works since one user reported that he wasn't able to do it while his friend was and both of them had the same type of credit card.

You could probably try to enter a fake address in the US but you'd also need to do that in your PayPal account and since they verify these things it could be seen as fraud.

We live in sad times.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2011, 15:16 yuastnav

Quboid wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 14:00:
[...]
That's a good point, I'd missed the significance of the Optimus Prime connection. I'm probably the only Bluesnews regular who has never seen any Transformers stuff: TV shows, comic books, games nor films.
[...]

Nope, I was never interested in the Transformers either. Never saw the show or the movies and was never interested in any related products.

Prime is a rather generic word, too.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
61. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 18:38 yuastnav

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 18:32:
Hudson wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 17:47:
This game IS KOTOR 3.

If it was, I'd be buying it. Alas, it is most definitely NOT KotoR 3.

Same here.
I am not down with other players running around in my game and paying a monthly subscription since I don't know when I might have time to play and so a lot of money could go to waste.
This is not KOTOR 3, it never was and it never will be - it is impossible by definition, no matter who tries to claim it. Be it a random gamer or Bioware themselves.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2011, 09:21 yuastnav

GamersGate is a fine service and maybe even preferable to Steam because you don't have to run a friggin' client to play some games, which is a plus for when I want to play games on Wine.
Morrowind runs better than Steam on my Debian machine so whenever I play Morrowind on my notebook I actually have to kill the Steam client afterwards because it hugs so many resources when used with Wine. Does not happen with Windows but sometimes I'd still just run the game without starting Steam (also: is it just mean or is Steam's offline mode permanently broken?).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2011, 11:30 yuastnav

Bhruic wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 11:22:
I see we are using the very loose definition of "new game".

I thought you were kidding but then I read the article and... my god, someone get these people a dictionary please.

I also find it quite annoying that every time ther is Ludum Dare people immediately write "Oh, the great Notch has blessed us with another one of his creations."
Way to patronise all the other people who partook in this contest.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Dec 19, 2011, 02:10 yuastnav

Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 21:15:
[...] And let's be honest - all heterosexual males between the ages of 15 and 90, when in the presence of a beautiful woman, will be thinking of her sexually at least for some length of time without her being "sexualized" at all.[...]

I guess therein lies the problem: I am not heterosexual (I am also not homosexual so the reverse case would not work either).

749 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo