Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Gothic 3 Community Patch
12. Re: Gothic 3 Community Patch Apr 29, 2012, 04:47 yuastnav

I couldn't even finish Risen because I got so bored with it.
I loved Gothic 1 and 2 to bits, Gothic 1 is still my most favourite game of all time, but Risen just felt like more of the same and it's getting tedious.
I really wish Piranha Bytes would just try something new but apparently many developers are afraid of that in today's industry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released
4. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 01:40 yuastnav

Great game.
Still sad that they decided to scrap the settlment game mechanics, though. I don't even know the reason since I stopped playing the beta after the middle of October due to a lack of time.
The game will get grindy but the exploration is still tons of fun. And it is much easier to play now.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
5. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 15:19 yuastnav

Tribes: Ascend is the world's fastest shooter.

As much as I love this game this is simply not true. I believe this title is still held by Quake 1/ezQuake or Quake 3 CPMA.

News Comments > Nexuiz Beta
2. Re: Nexuiz Beta Apr 11, 2012, 01:42 yuastnav

What's even more weird is that the original Nexuiz was based on the Quake 1 engine while this one uses the CryENGINE so basically everything that is left of the original game is the name.
That's pretty stupid.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
72. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 16:48 yuastnav

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 16:32:
[...]
What a ridiculously sensationalist post. Any serious PC gamer should have a X360 controller as there are a lot of genres that benefit from it. For instance, if you don't have a steering wheel then a controller is the next best thing for racing games and dramatically better than a keyboard - and they're great for fighting games, platformers, third-person action games, sports games, casual flight/combat simulators and a lot of indie games. They're incredibly cheap and you can use several at the same time, which is great when you have friends around. It's long since taken over from the joystick as the most popular secondary peripheral.

This is just not true. I don't even understand why it's such a difficult concept to understand. It varies on a person by person basis! You may think that controllers are better for platformers, third person action games, racing games etc. but that does not mean this is true for everyone. Playing these games with a keyboard and mouse setup is much easier for me because I am much more used to that control scheme and using controllers is really awkward for me and actually tires my fingers from that awkward positioning. It is much easier for me to do precise movement with the keyboard than a controller. For someone who has no problems using a controller that may be not true but that does not mean that everyone is equally capable in usin a controller.
People can be so self-centered sometimes. My way or the highway.

[edit]
I mean - I don't care. AC1 and AC2 were good games and I had a lot of fun, even with kb/m (I thought the controls were rather good, not bad at all) but if that's what they want to do. Okay, fuck 'em.
But I'm sure I am not the only one who nigh to always prefers using the kb/m setup as oppossed to controllers so when ubi does something like this it just sucks.
Although this would not be the first time. I remember that I had to use a joystick to play X-Wing Alliance. (afair the game would not even start if there was no joystick plugged in; it's still strange, though, since I played FreeSpace 2, Freelancer and the X Series all with mouse and keyboard and had never any problems, at all)

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2012, 17:02.

48. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 14:51 yuastnav

Tumbler wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:24:
I don't see why people get so upset about a console game needing a console controller. Even if it's on the PC why does this really bother anyone? If you make a flight sim you will likely enjoy it more with a joystick. If you make a driving game you'll likely enjoy it more for with a wheel. (or a joystick or gamepad)

I like the option of playing these games on the PC with a controller. Loved Deus Ex PC with a controller, loved Skyrim PC with a controller. I'm guessing this won't be a $35 sale as deus ex was or as awesome as skyrim was so unless they offer a significant discount and ship it without always on DRM I don't see any of this mattering.

360 game for me.

I never had a console and always played with either keyboard or mouse and keyboard. For the last 20 years. Controllers are really, really awkward to use for me and the only games where I'd even consider using one would be with sports games and flight simulators. That's it. I am much more used to KB/M than anything else so controllers are just not an option to me and a useless accessory.

5. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 11:44 yuastnav

From what I understand there will be Keyboard and Mouse support, it's just that it will get little attention.

Well, they can screw themselves.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 28, 2012, 09:27 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 07:59:
I laugh at ze americans and your caps, last months usage for me , 314gb ... not even a friendly call from my ISP.... bleh. And 250gb of that was a back-up image I had to download from a friends FTP - it took a while

So yeah, in germany a flatrate is a flatrate, no limits, no bullshit. No overage fees, though you can buy capped lines too, for extremely cheap. Ever since I heared rumours about "golden handshakes" from ISP's to get high users out of the contract i tried this every now and then. My ISP never even budged. Which means, i must be pretty average in my usage around here, which kinda scares me

The last time I heard/read about something like that actually happening was on some forum about six or seven years ago or so.
Apparently they tried to get power users to cancel their subscription if they got over 100GB/month but as I said - it was relatively long ago and I don't think they are doing that anymore.

News Comments > Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com
34. Re: Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com Mar 28, 2012, 08:36 yuastnav

Asmo wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 17:53:
yuastnav wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 14:53:
So, what's the deal with Legend of Grimrock?
I never played Dungeon Master but judging from the pictures/videos I saw of Legend of Grimrock it looks kinda neat. Recommendations?

I'm a huge fan of the genre (first person party based dungeon crawl) and it looks like the Grimrock guys have done a fair amount of work to bring the old magic of titles like Dungeon Master to a modern format.

If you like a good dungeon hack, 12 bucks isn't a hell of an investment.

Thanks for the input!

Not sure what to expect but I just figured 'what the hell' and preordered it.

News Comments > Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com
18. Re: Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com Mar 27, 2012, 14:53 yuastnav

So, what's the deal with Legend of Grimrock?
I never played Dungeon Master but judging from the pictures/videos I saw of Legend of Grimrock it looks kinda neat. Recommendations?

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
12. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 10:58 yuastnav

bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:35:
[...]
GTA isn't the kind of game I want to play on a computer screen with a mouse and keyboard. I'm happier playing games like GTA, God of War, MLB The Show, etc on a console sitting on my couch with a controller. [...]

Good for you.
I'd take the PC over consoles any time, for all of these games. Apart from that I'd not even bother.

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:37:
[...]
I'm as much a PC guy as anyone else, I also have a PS3 for games that are clearly made with a console in mind. Mass Effect being a prime example of this, what good are higher resolutions when the game plays like ass on the pc? Seems pretty counter intuitive just to play it on a desktop pc rather than a 360/PS3 pc.

Incidentally I just started playing Mass Effect and I couldn't even imagine playing it with anything else than Mouse/Keyboard or on anything else than a PC. It seems completely unreasonable to me.

News Comments > Project Cars Trailer
1. Re: Project Cars Trailer Mar 26, 2012, 10:26 yuastnav

Does anyone here play it?
How is it coming along?

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
4. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 10:25 yuastnav

bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:20:
[...] PC gamer through and through, but GTA is the type of game that's better on a console.

That's not what a real PC gamer would say, though. :p

News Comments > Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded
15. Re: Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded Mar 23, 2012, 20:57 yuastnav

venomhed wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 20:37:
FUCk this is a waste of time.

Linux and OSX? Just tell them to Boot camp their systems, save the money and time for the PC. Linux hates games and Mac's don't care either.

What can I say.
Wear your troll badge with dishonour.

News Comments > Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded
9. Re: Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded Mar 23, 2012, 16:49 yuastnav

Dev wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 15:14:
They've setup Paypal now to take payments. So the people who were complaining about not taking paypal, well its here now.

Done!

Sadly I never played Wasteland but I'm really psyched because they make a Linux version!
Besides, if it really is the successor to one of my favourite games then it's gotta be good!

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Mar 23, 2012, 12:02 yuastnav

Dev wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 20:47:
New coupons yay!
Oh wait, they are only good for about 10 days. Yawn. Probably just a valve experiment and the titles that are getting coupons are unlikely to have a big sale at the same time.
[...]

Apart from 2 AC:Revelations coupons I also got one that takes 75% off EVE Online: Crucible, which brings that game down to 1.70 (since it's already on sale). :p

News Comments > Notch's Space Adventure Plans
9. Re: Notch's Space Adventure Plans Mar 18, 2012, 15:17 yuastnav

Wildone wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 13:48:
gawddd graphics from 1995..I appreciate the effort but fck me this is 2012..every other genre has been gobbed with next gen visuals & mechanics except space games/sims.

Yeah, I never heard of Egosoft either.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
76. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 17, 2012, 08:43 yuastnav

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 21:28:
Wasteland 2 gets funded after a 20 year wait and gamers celebrate by arguing the merits of payment processing systems.

[...]

Well of course. I want to support this since the result may be a Linux version of the game but since they do not accept PayPal there is no way for me to do so. :/

Dev mentioned prepaid cards however I don't remember ever seeing any in stores. Maybe I have to look harder.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
41. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 14:53 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 14:42:
Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:36:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:04:
Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:52:
I love the Elder Scrolls series, but for an MMO it seems to be about as generic a fantasy world as you can get...

Creston

Actually, Arena (The first TES Game) featured all the provinces of Tamriel, and it's fairly diverse. I would imagine that an MMO would feature all the provinces as well.

In Arena, the provinces were an empty flat stretch of land with an occasional village on it. That's not going to cut it anymore in an MMO. People now want eye candy.

Somehow I doubt Bethesda would build every province of Tamriel for an MMO if they have to give it the same level of detail as Oblivion/Skyrim. It'd take them 20 years.

Creston

It'd also ruin any surprise in future single player games, as you'd already explored the region. Part of the fun is learning a new area.

[...]

Yeah, this is one of the things that is most bothersome.

Furthermore I'd hate to miss out on any interesting lore that might come up since I cannot justify playing MMOs. :/

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 11:40 yuastnav

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:37:
Just make a Skyrim Multiplayer Expansion ala Red Dead Redemption?
It's not so much about making a MMO, the sandbox is already there, just let run servers so multiple people can play in it at the same time.

If you disregard that something like that is nowhere near as simple as that.

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo