Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 701 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer
3. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 12:38 yuastnav

Oh my, I think pre-orders started in May 2009 or something and the first release date was Fall 2009. Some people even fell for that. :/

Haven't played the game in months, mostly because it wasn't really playable. At first it ran slow because my video card was too old and too slow but after I upgraded I noticed that there were a lot of issues concerning lag and connection problems.

I really loved Natural Selection (probably sunk several thousand hours into it) and the direction they chose for this one is interesting. It seems as if they made it less competitive and fast and more creepy and dark, which was probably what they intended Natural Selection 1 to be.
I guess it will be a good game once they remove all the issues but I'll really miss those 5+ hour games/rounds, though they became rarer after 3.0 came out. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ's Losses
14. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 12:34 yuastnav

Making Guerilla open world was definitely a good design choice.
Doing the opposite to Armageddon was not.

News Comments > etc.
194. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2012, 14:26 yuastnav

Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:42:
[...]
Now lets looks at child labor (it exists elsewhere, but has been virtually eradicated in America.) [...]

Oh really? :p

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
18. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 13:55 yuastnav

As much as I am wary of F2P games this one is just too much fun not to play.
The last time I had such a blast playing a multiplayer game was when I played Natural Selection and I think I have spent several thousand hours with that game.
Definitely not going to happen with Tribes Ascend because of a lack of time but this game is just so satisfying and enraging that it is difficult to stop.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 1, 2012, 11:47 yuastnav

Haha, I am just loving the comments in the forums.
"Omg those PC guys always get everything and Console gets nothing although everyone knows that console is best anyway and everyone plays on console blabla."

Riiight.

[edit]
Stuff like this almost borders on trolling.

News Comments > Timothee Besset Leaves id
9. Re: Timothee Besset Leaves id Feb 1, 2012, 02:26 yuastnav

Well, looks like id's Linux days are now finally over.
That much was clear after the release of Rage, though.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2012, 05:20 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 04:24:
Lulz, the US is so fucked up sometimes.

The department of Homeland security is a bunch of tools.
Taking paranoia to a completely new, unpreceded level of paranoia.

News Comments > etc.
52. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 10:36 yuastnav

Guys, guys, could you please stop feeding the trolls?
I know it's crazy coming from someone like me but if you keep feeding them it will create such an immense amount of stupidity and misinformation that the Šether is going to blow.

Prez got it spot on, it's probably artificial controversy and some very lonely people decided to take advantage of that.

News Comments > Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash
30. Re: Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash Jan 24, 2012, 16:12 yuastnav

Sphinx wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 15:22:
[...]

Hell, TF2 is free now, give it a shot.

Nah, the reason why I never got interested in TF2 is because I was really put off by that cartoonish style. Can't stand it, really.

25. Re: Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash Jan 24, 2012, 13:34 yuastnav

Sphinx wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 13:28:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 11:05:
Please tell me you are not serious. TFC/TF2 are nothing like Enemy Territory, I even dare say that ET was rather unique in its gameplay, not only concerning how the maps were designed and how the game mechanics worked but that every map had some background i.e. a small story behind it.
Team Fortress on the other hand never seemed very interesting to me.

From the simple fact about how many hours I sunk into Enemy Territory and TF2 they are exactly the same. So many, many hours wasted

Plus, some of the game mechanics were pretty similar but that comes with the whole team shooter territory I suppose.

Well, I have to admit that I am not overly familiar with Team Fortress, I always assumed that it is mostly CTF based whereas Enemy Territory seems to be based on achieving objectives.
I guess I'm probably wrong.
Still, no game will ever be like Enemy Territory (because no game engine will ever have the same movement as the Quake 3 engine *sigh*).

14. Re: Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash Jan 24, 2012, 11:05 yuastnav

Prez wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 10:32:
I really liked Quake Wars, though I'd guess I am in a minority there. It was fun in coop against bots, and the objective-based maps were pretty cool.

I'd like another Quake Wars game, ideally with more maps and a map editor. There was never enough content for the game, which is one reason it underperformed I think.

Don't get me wrong, Quake Wars was really good and it is still a fun game but the lack of continuous support (e.g. new maps etc.) and the lack of fanmade maps kind of killed the game. I guess you can still find a couple of servers but that is not really enough to sustain a game, although it is pretty cool that they haven't shut down the master server.
I remember that there was a 32 player CTF server for Jedi Outcast called [United] Coruscant and it was pretty full, at least until 2007 or so, wonder whether it's still online.

Sphinx wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 10:31:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 09:54:
[...] as well as exploring spaces completely new to us. [...]

So no real successor to Enemy Territory Wolfenstein?

That was TF2.

Please tell me you are not serious. TFC/TF2 are nothing like Enemy Territory, I even dare say that ET was rather unique in its gameplay, not only concerning how the maps were designed and how the game mechanics worked but that every map had some background i.e. a small story behind it.
Team Fortress on the other hand never seemed very interesting to me.

5. Re: Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash Jan 24, 2012, 09:54 yuastnav

[...] as well as exploring spaces completely new to us. [...]

So no real successor to Enemy Territory Wolfenstein?
I'm sorry but Brink was broken and did nothing for me (not to mention that it was rather slow) and the community around Quake Wars vanished kinda quickly, probably due to the lack of support.
It's a shame, really.

News Comments > Defender's Quest & Demo Released
9. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 24, 2012, 09:51 yuastnav

Btw. I'd also recommend getting the soundtrack because it is really good.  

6. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 24, 2012, 04:50 yuastnav

I liked Revenge of the Titans but if I remember correctly you had much more freedom when it came to placing your towers.
In Defender's Quest you have that traditional tile-based system while the the enemy walks along its predetermined path, though that is not a bad thing.

Concerning the RPG elements - it is a bit like a very simple RPG, you have different classes with different abilities (e.g. fighter, archer etc.) and you have to use them strategically because they are better against certain classes than others. And they level up which gives you skill points that you can spend to unlock new skills which you can access in-game by boosting the respective character.

It is really worth the money. I cannot believe how much I like the style, but to each their own, I guess. I don't like that 50s style from The unstoppable Gorg but that medieval fantasy thing, that is going on here, really does it for me.

I hope the game does well enough.

2. Re: Defender's Quest & Demo Released Jan 23, 2012, 19:58 yuastnav

Man, this game is really awesome.
Normally I don't play Tower Defence games, do not like them. Had enough of them after I played some Starcraft Brood War maps with my friends, many years ago and the only ones I have played since then were Sanctum and Revenge of the Titans.
This one is really good, though. I just really like the style and the setting they went for and really enjoy the humour, the mix between tower defence and rpg works quite well, too.
Afaik it is neither on Desura nor on Steam though I personally like it that way because I hate to use installers or self-unpacking binaries on my Linux machine.
Took me about ten hours to finish the main game but only on casual, though. Will try to get perfect on every difficulty setting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 14:12 yuastnav

Am I seeing double or are there two "Out of the Blue"s?  

News Comments > Indie Royale New Year's Bundle
9. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 05:46 yuastnav

The impression that I have is that, the people who do the Indie Royale, saw how successful the Humble Indie Bundle was but didn't fancy the idea that additional work would need to be done to create Linux ports - so they just made a bundle where that is not a requirement.
A shame, really.
Though it still looks like the Humble Indie Bundle is the most successful one of all the bundles there have been.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans
12. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 06:47 yuastnav

WarpCrow wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 01:57:
[...] I'm playing the game and I'm having a lot of fun with it, despite having very low expectations thanks to EA's involvement. [...]

Uh, that is not correct. You are having fun because you had low expectations, not despite having low expectations.
You see - you had low expectations i.e. you did not expect very much from this game and the game offered more than you expected and that is why you are having fun.
If you had high expectations than the game would have under-delivered and you would not be having fun.

News Comments > Sweden Recognizes File-Sharing Church
23. Re: Sweden Recognizes File-Sharing Church Jan 5, 2012, 06:36 yuastnav

What a shame that Heinlein only concerns himself with Western democracies.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2012, 10:44 yuastnav

Halo wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 10:36:
I'm glad the article states that it's not actually Facebooks fault but the fact that a bad marriage and the ability to talk to just about anybody is the root cause. The leading cause for divorce is always marriage lol.

Sadly not everyone has the mental capabilities to realise that, at least I get that impression when I look at the comments section of this article.
These people could also be trolling though.

Either way; sad, sad.

701 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo