Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold
27. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 17:38 yuastnav

ItBurn wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 17:01:
Beelzebud wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 16:42:
An RPG based on Roadside Picnic could be amazing if done properly. I doubt we'll see anything like that, though.

Well... isn't that STALKER?

I read the book recently. It started amazing, but they spend too much time on the stuff we don't care about. It promises amazing things, but it never pays off.

That's mostly because it was never their intention to write about the stuff you care about; it is rather a traditional science fiction book, i.e. in its truest sense of the word.

The book may have been an inspiration for GSC but the game has barely any connection to the book at all. The title, Stalker, was also actually taken from the movie since it never shows up anywhere in the book.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Delayed
13. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 13:07 yuastnav

Icewind wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 12:04:
All I think about now is this:

http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1354892285506.jpg

Love how these people get so riled up over silly things.

It's okay, you can still play DOA Volleyball if you want to see a pair of boobies that badly.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Specs
43. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 18:40 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 13:44:
[...] only spent about 20 minutes in Far Cry 2 (really didn't like something about it), and have yet to play Far Cry 3 (but I will), so I'm judging the posted screenshots only.

I had to quite Far Cry 2 after about 2 hours because of a similar reason. Something was really off.
Personally I think that I didn't like the handling of the vehicles (which is excusable) and I didn't like the shooting, i.e. it didn't feel very good (which, in a FPS, is not excusable).
Maybe it was also that it was in a more desert like area.
I really loved Boiling Point which was set in Columbia afaik, kind of a tropical region. And while I should have loved Precursors (despite the bugs but since it was similar to Boiling Point I still wanted to play it) I couldn't get into it - again, maybe because everything looked so yellow. Though I am not sure.
Loved Far Cry (until the mutants came, which was the time I quit playing it) though, the green, tropical regions were far more interesting than the yellow rocky deserts of Far Cry 2.

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
25. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 16, 2012, 04:30 yuastnav

spindoctor wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 19:02:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:07:
If only Blizzard had the kind of resources that InXile or MinMax games had, then they could afford to just do a proper Linux port.

But with a small indy studio like Blizzard you just have to take what you can get.

95% of all games do not have a Linux client, and I don't think Blizzard ever claimed that Linux was supported, so why single them out?

And how can people be surprised when their automated cheat detection system finds problems when people connect through an emulator on an unsupported environment?

It's not an emulator. There is a difference.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 14, 2012, 05:29 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 04:41:
Darksiders 2 is definitely worth picking up if you enjoyed the first game. Some people say they loved the first game but hated the second, which makes no sense because the gameplay is the same in both. Darksiders 2 just has more of it, in addition to a loot system. I guess if you really hated loot systems, you might hate Darksiders 2? Who knows.

Does this also work the other way round?
I picked up Darksiders 2 yesterday because I was interested in it due to the very light level-up system, the loot and the quasi open world (e.g. exploration). I have played a few hours and, apart from some things and the horrible, horrible stuttering due to a broken vsync option, I quite like it.
Would I enjoy the first Darksiders?

News Comments > Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward
17. Re: Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward Nov 14, 2012, 04:16 yuastnav

Kosumo wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 02:19:
Should not Activision be in trouble for selling (even if it's just disk 2) someone else software?

I hope the FBI take them down like they did Megaupload!!

This would not happen if all software came on single 5 1/4 floppies.

>_>

It's most likely the fault of the CD pressing plant.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 14, 2012, 04:01 yuastnav

Darksiders 2 is also 66% off on Gamersgate. Gamersgate also sells the Season Pass for 66% off, afaik Steam doesn't do that.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 07:48 yuastnav

Rigs wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 17:37:
[...] They ARE a COMMUNIST STATE! Geezus...

=-Rigs-=

Uh, no?

A communist state has not existed in the whole lifetime of mankind.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
77. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 13:57 yuastnav

Meh, Halo was okay. Nothing special but I wouldn't call it forgettable because I am a sucker for Power Armour and the world/enemies actually looked nice, too.
The shooting was good, the regenerating shield makes as little sense as regenerating health (but for different reasons since there is no scientific basis how such a shield works) but I would've liked non-regenerating health anyway.

I agree with Beamer, though. The multiplayer was the part of the game that I had the most fun with. It was a really fun experience although the Banshee dogfights were kind of anticlimatic because, since they had the same turn rate, you would circle around each other and nothing would happen. Though it could be intense since the slightest mistake could give your opponent an advantage and kill you.
I also remember that you could shoot people out of the Banshees with the sniper rifle but I do not know whether that was actually true or part of my imagination.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2012, 14:02.

News Comments > Steam Linux Beta Applications
4. Re: Steam Linux Beta Applications Oct 31, 2012, 18:28 yuastnav

Four years ago I would have signed up without the hint of a second thought.
Don't have the time to play (many) videogames nowadays. Shame.

News Comments > Valve on Linux Plans
26. Re: Valve on Linux Plans Oct 30, 2012, 05:47 yuastnav

Riker wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 21:01:
I'm curious to see where it goes. For now, Linux remains too fucking ugly and user-unfriendly for me to care about it.

Haha I think the same thing about Windows. Every time I have to solve some kind of problem (which happens with an increasing rate) I think to myself "How can anyone properly use this? This is usability hell."
I never really understood that argument and I've been using Windows twice as long as Debian.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 yuastnav

nin wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 12:04:
I think you found your problem.

Not really because I still don't understand how Valve managed to failed again.
If they can inlcude restrictions into their store surely they can do it for the main page. Anything else would just be lazy. :/

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2012, 12:03 yuastnav

nin wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 11:46:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 11:41:
I still don't get this. It says that Sleeping Dogs is 50% off but it actually isn't. At least not for me and apparently for other people, too.
How did Steam manage to fail again?

http://imgur.com/NPdY5

http://imgur.com/gxmzf

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2012, 11:41 yuastnav

I still don't get this. It says that Sleeping Dogs is 50% off but it actually isn't. At least not for me and apparently for other people, too.
How did Steam manage to fail again?

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2012, 05:50 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:15:
How is Risen 2 a horror game..? Not sure why it's included in the sale. Still, $17 is a great deal if you enjoyed Gothic 1, 2 and Risen.

Ah, here we disagree. I loved Gothic 1 and 2, Gothic 1 is probably my most favourite game ever. I played them to death.
And that is why I didn't really like Risen and will probably not play Risen 2 (I played a bit of the beta and didn't like it) - because it is just more of the same and nothing new.
PB's performance has been disappointing lately and the route they have taken with Risen 1/2 is not to my liking. Though I am probably in the minority on this one.

Hmm, looks like I can actually get Dead Island on GMG (not available on Steam because I live in Germany) which means that I will have to use VPN to circumvent the activation on Steam.
Not sure whether I'd really want to do that...

News Comments > Chaos on Deponia Trailer
3. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 14, 2012, 05:37 yuastnav

I bought it and never finished it, mostly because I agree with the RockPaperShotgun review on this one in the sense that the puzzles don't make any sense. Instead of having fun I was frustrated most of the time and eventually just used a walkthrough because many of the puzzles were just stupid and weird. :/

The main character is really annoying and that not in a charming way.

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
94. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 12, 2012, 19:28 yuastnav

Looks interesting but also kinda fishy.

Guess I'll just wait for X Rebirth then. At least I can expect with a fairly high probability that it's going to be awesome, just like its predecessors.

This just seems to ambitious (and maybe even uncertain what it actually wants to be).

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2012, 05:25 yuastnav

Foxnews, ladies and gentlemen.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
112. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 2, 2012, 15:23 yuastnav

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:12:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:55:
Generally speaking having traditions is a bad idea because it implants a certain way of thinking and hampers the progression of society.
I disagree strongly. Anyone can create their own family tradition and it shows respect for previous generations. Traditions generally mean something to someone or a group of people. There is a time to let go of old traditions that mean nothing after time.

Thanks giving, Christmas, mothers day, bucks night are all traditions. Are these bad? No way.

Are you just saying traditions are bad because of religious traditions?
[...]

Maybe I am just a bit disillusioned because people hold up traditions very high. What really gets to me is when people use this as an actual argument.
"Why are we doing this?"
"Because it's a tradition, of course!"
NO! This is so irrational and wrong in my opinion. :/
I just don't like this kind of reasoning, so I'm just a bit jaded in that respect. You can have traditions, of course, but there should be at least a reason for why you have this tradition other than that it's a tradition.
I think what I wrote is rather extreme so I take it back a little bit, but I'll stay by saying that there better be a good reason for a tradition other than that it's a tradition.

[edit]
Sadly I cannot rationalise all of my reasoning because I actually like christmas but cannot think of any non-religious reason why it should exist.
A holiday for people to get together, have a good time, give each other presents and eat heartily is not a very good reason because everyone should be free to do so on any day they choose so I'm kinda stumped on this one. :/

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:12:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:55:
[...]
As that I am very opposed to the idea of marriage but it doesn't look like it's going away.
Why? What's wrong with marriage? What happened for you not to believe in the idea?

I just find it really strange that people need religious or governmental assurance that they live together. If people want to live together - that's fine! They can even have a ceremony and what not!
But why do people need this assurance?
For example there are people who may only want to live together for a certain amount of time but when they start their relationship they don't know that yet and marrying just adds another unnecessary layer i.e. when they finally find out they don't like each other they need a divorce and this just creates more problems.
Or polygamous relationships. For some reason this is looked down upon in many societies (I myself don't like polygamy but that is just my preference, there is nothing wrong if other people are okay with it) and this also is not encompassed by marriage. And it would also be difficult to do so.
People should be alive to live how they like and with whomever they like, so as long as all parties are comfortable with this arrangement, without having the need of such an, as I see it, artifical reassurance like marriage.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
104. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 2, 2012, 13:55 yuastnav

D-Rock wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:01:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:38:
The question is not why gay people should be able to marry.
The question is why the hell it is forbidden for them to marry in the first place. That sounds like an arbitrary law, why not get rid of it?

Marriage in this country has religious influenced origins and has always been defined as a relationship between a man and a woman. I'd say that clear definition makes it more than just arbitrary. That's obviously changing and the issue at hand makes the question of why gay people should be able to marry the most important question. The answer to that question will ultimately determine whether or not it becomes legal.

If it's important to you, why not take the time to positively influence someone who's indifferent?

But if it has religious influence then it is arbitrary. For there are many different flavours of religion and they probably define it all in a different way. Apart from that there are also most likely cultures that either didn't have strong, religious influences and therefore didn't have religiously influences marriages or where marriage was separate from religion altogether.
So again: giving it religious influence and therefore making it just a bond between males and females makes it really arbitrary because instead of basing it on equality and freedom and other democratic values it bases it on a particular, outdated and archaic interest.

Generally speaking having traditions is a bad idea because it implants a certain way of thinking and hampers the progression of society.
As that I am very opposed to the idea of marriage but it doesn't look like it's going away. As far as I am aware married couple still get benefits when it comes to taxes (of course that may differ from country to country) and there is no reason why gay couples should be denied that freedom.

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo