Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 721 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
27. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 15:14 yuastnav

Quinn wrote on May 19, 2013, 14:55:
[...]
ItBurns: Tell me you're kidding me? [...]

Bicentennial man.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 08:09 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2013, 06:17:
It's a play on the morality meter. Violence against non AGI machines that want to kill you (a human) has no morality. It is vandalism with no morality attached when you thrash them.

In essence, this game shows violence against robots that want to kill you. There are no morals involved in that. It's programming, and a programmed machine has no morals. (Only the programmer has).

Ergo, there is no moral impact of this violence. Unless you think breaking a toaster has a moral impact on par with actual violence that can hurt someone or something living.....

Careful. Different people have different moral standards.
There is no one moral standard.
There may be people for whom it is entirely morally correct to kill humans but not to harm machines if this is the way they morality system works.

News Comments > David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project
13. Re: David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project May 17, 2013, 04:57 yuastnav

Well, some people tried to make a clone of Interstate 76 called Interstate Outlaws but progress has been really small. You can almost could it vaporware if it weren't for the occasional update every few years.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2013, 05:38.

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
5. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 10:42 yuastnav

deadearth wrote on May 12, 2013, 10:04:
If the same vulnerability is present in Morrowind released in 2002 is still present in Skyrim (released 2012), the odds are in my favor that the same vulnerability will be in the latest game release.

Considering every game since morrowind used the same engine and ESO is NOT using that engine, i would say the odds are NOT in his favor. This seems like a complete non-story.

Also, the only way to exploit it he says is by installing a mod. I can't tell you how many mods crashed my game back in the hayday. Seems like those were 'exploiting' the game as well.

Is that true, though? As far as I know Morrowind uses the Gamebryo engine v1.0 while Oblivion uses the second version. It really depends on whether the new engine is a completely rewrite or not.
It may be possible that the vulnerability emerges because it exists in the basic design of the engine, however small that probability might be.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
13. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:57 yuastnav

The danger that you might be too powerful is definitely there and I wonder whether there is going to be a need for cars to get somewhere if you can just use your superpowers to fly there.
Same thing goes for helicopters and what not although it does not look like you can shoot while you are flying but we'll see.

I am definitely still excited but I'll still wait for some reviews before I buy it.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer
5. Re: Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer May 7, 2013, 14:04 yuastnav

Definitely looking forward to this one.
As long as it's fun I can get behind it, and Saints Row is all about fun.

News Comments > Evening Patches
10. Re: Evening Patches May 7, 2013, 06:43 yuastnav

Really? I've been having a lot of problems with youtube these past few months. Even 480p videos (or lower) take ages to load, which, since those gaks at google decided they won't let you preload videos below 760p, actually don't load at all and all you get is a slideshow.  

News Comments > Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month
29. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 6, 2013, 18:19 yuastnav

*shrug* Gothic 1 is the best game I have ever played and yet I do know that it has a lot of problems and hasn't aged that well in the controls department, yet my opinion will not change.
That is not because of how good the game is but because of how great the game was for me when I played it and how fondly I remember the times when I played it. That will simply not change.
That probably applies to all game one has played but that is only my opinion.

As for Dishonoured, I enjoyed it greatly. I have never played the Thief games and the only stealth games I played were the first three Splinter Cell games. Those were really good but I knocked out all the guards in order to get through the level.
When I played Dishonoured I decided not to do this and it was such a great decision. I was not aware of the term "ghosting" at that time but trying to get through the level without knocking down guards was so much more fun than hiding their bodies in dark corners or something like that.
I also don't like Steampunk since I think the concept in itself is pretty stupid but I still enjoyed the world of Dishonoured up to the point where it was one of my favourite games of 2012.

[edit]
I was also impressed by the fact that all missions gave you the option not to kill anyone.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2013, 10:22 yuastnav

Yaaay, Debian 7.0 Wheezy was released.
Now there are only 2 instead of 4 kernel versions between the official, stable Debian kernel and kernel.org. ;_;

News Comments > Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month
24. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 6, 2013, 10:17 yuastnav

Quinn wrote on May 6, 2013, 09:50:
Redmask wrote on May 6, 2013, 07:12:
But don't you see, the game is a croissant and you're wrong Rolleyes

Aww that's cure ^^ (someone explain to this guy the point I was making :)) You little toddler you ^^

Jerykk, you made your point clearly and I see it. I realize that the game, to me, was either imbalanced but fun for a while... or simply uninteresting; tasteless. Nothing you say can make me feel differently. All I can be is jealous, in a time of gaming-crisis. Bored out of my ass these days... where are the promising titles -_-

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NostalgiaFilter

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
16. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 24, 2013, 01:11 yuastnav

Yes it is true and the real ending was both a bit of a letdown and kinda cool.  

10. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 18:02 yuastnav

It is actually a French studio that developed this game. (:

I didn't notice any Russian.

Well, apart from the theory that the Secreta is based on Eastern Europe and the Jian maybe based on Japan judging from how the (made up) languages sound like, but that's anyone's guess.

7. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 17:34 yuastnav

mag wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 17:09:
Zoom wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 15:43:
Yeah there is definitely no hand holding and the interface is hardcore. Almost like an old school RPG. The gameplay and story are deep and 110% cyberpunk. For whoever loves the genre (and its signature multiple layers of reality and evasive endings) this one is a must have.

Does this game have a story in the way that Half-Life has a story, or in the way that a game with an actual story has a story?

It's not easy to say.
I guess it's neither the one nor the other.

The story in the game itself is told through dialogue but there is also kind of a backstory available on their site.

There was also a live action video that sort of explains how it all started but I cannot find it at the moment.

And there was a thread on the old Steam forums that went on for dozens of pages where people tried to figure out the story or actually the ending.

I'd say the game actually has more lore than it has a story. Don't expect something on the level of an RPG but it's also a bit more complicated than "experiment went wrong and aliens are invading the earth", although it's probably closer to the latter.

[edit]
For anyone who is interested, here is the video and here is the thread where a lot of speculation has taken place.

To me this was really, really interesting to read and think about. It shows that Streum On Studios actually put a lot of thought into developing the lore and the whole world, even if it doesn't necessarily show in the game, at least not to such a great extent. But they knew what they were doing and probably knew what they wanted.

[edit]
And about the interface: yeah, I agree, it takes a bit of time to get into but it is also worth it. It's a bit clunky but it also reminds me of how complex games on the PC used to be. (:

That's why I am anxious to see what they are going to do next.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2013, 17:48.

1. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 10:38 yuastnav

I rather hoped that they would be working on their new project now, whatever it is. If I remember correctly they stated in the old Steam forum that they already have an idea for a new game.

Divine Cybermancy was good, really good. It goes on sale every now and again and people should pick it up and give it a try.

News Comments > "Most Challenging Game Ever" Kickstarter
12. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 14:27 yuastnav

The faster flash leaves the internet the better.
Java can go the same way.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
3. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 14:02 yuastnav

I am looking forward to this (and Stardew Valley).
I just hope that it will have better mod support, especially if they don't manage to include everything that they wanted.

News Comments > Flashback HD Officially Announced
11. Re: Flashback HD Officially Announced Apr 11, 2013, 14:18 yuastnav

Yakubs wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 12:42:
Wolfox wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 11:15:
Wraith wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 09:28:
The world has moved on since then and while Flashback was barely acceptable for its day, right now it - and Another World - are ancient relics best forgotten.

"Barely acceptable in its day"? It might as well be my favorite game of that generation, and easily in my top 30 games of all time. I don't know if it aged well (because I haven't played it in what, 12 years now?), but it was pretty awesome back then, and it was a commercial and critical success.

Then again, its sequel ("Fade to Black") was not nearly as good. But the box it came in was awesome.

It actually aged really well. The graphical style holds up and the gameplay/level-design is still superb. I replayed it last year. One of my favorite games ever.

Yeah, this is one of those games like Transport Tycoon or One Must Fall 2097 that will always look good because it has these beautifully drawn 2d graphics. And the gameplay is, while not overly difficult and a bit simplistic, very well polished and easy to get into so getting into such a game is not that difficult.

News Comments > Flashback HD Officially Announced
3. Re: Flashback HD Officially Announced Apr 11, 2013, 09:34 yuastnav

Ah, Flashback. Good game, good game.
It'd be a shame if it didn't came to PC.

Back when the first screenshots emerged I actually didn't like the graphics style they went with but seeing it in motion actually changes things somewhat. It looks decent.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 10, 2013, 05:51 yuastnav

Huh? A Linux driver with optimus capabilities?
I didn't really expect it to happen so soon, or at all.

After reading all the drama on the LKML archive it didn't seem likely that they'd do that, I wonder what exactly happened.
I'm even more curious about whether that means that bumblebee is redundant now.

Though since I use Debian I'll probably not get these drivers for another two years, if not more.

[edit]
Although the /. article states that it only allows for that functionality, not that it's actually implemented yet.
Oh well, looks like there's still a long way to go.

News Comments > SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns
7. Re: SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns Apr 10, 2013, 05:48 yuastnav

I didn't realise that it was has been turned off this whole time.
I know that they did it at some point but I thought it was just temporarily i.e. for only a few days to sort out the launch problems.

What a failure.

721 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo