Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:31 yuastnav

Ooh, so that is what Streum On Studio have been working on.
Nice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bugbear's Next Car Game
5. Re: Bugbear's Next Car Game Sep 2, 2013, 15:17 yuastnav

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 14:08:
WyldKat wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 17:48:
After playing around with the BeamNG Alpha this doesn't seem as revolutionary to me. Still it's really interesting that they referenced Street Rod, which is still one of the coolest racing games. I've also like many of Bugbears past games. Not sure if that's enough to preorder though.
BeamNG isn't much of a game. You drive a rather bad looking model around. Crash once. Witness a cool effect. And then you can no longer play the game because..your car is realistically totaled. It's a novelty.

Yeah, that was also my impression of the Alpha and why I ultimately didn't buy that game and, at least at the moment, don't plan to do so.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway
12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway Aug 31, 2013, 11:10 yuastnav

If I remember correctly one of the reasons why they went for their own engine is dynamic infestation. It didn't work that well with the Source engine.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
56. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 07:51 yuastnav

For me the idea of flying a M2 was really awesome but once I actually was in one of those things it got boring pretty quickly and I realised that, at least for me, it is much more fun to get a M6/M7 and command everything from that ship.
It would be sturdy enough to not go down immediately when attacked and was fast and maneuverable enough to get around the galaxy.
That's why I am not really going to be bothered about not being able to fly other ships though I have to admit that I will the dogfights I had in my M3 Nova. :/

Oh well, I am staying optimistic.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Race The Sun
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Race The Sun Aug 20, 2013, 06:40 yuastnav

I didn't think I'd enjoy this game very much because I am not usually into score attack games but this appeals to the twitch-shooter part of my personality and I'm actually having fun playing this from time to time.  

53. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 05:42 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 04:01:
Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 01:20:
No, you're not wrong. You pilot the Albion and drones, and that's it. You get to upgrade the Albion to an absurd degree, apparently (Ego is talking about it getting around fifty times more powerful between start and finish), but while you can own other ships and bring them with you, you can't actually physically fly them.

I assume they did it for sake of their story or something. (Or, if I wanted to be cynical, they did it in response to pilot complaining about no cockpit view in X3 and on. Now they give you a beautifully detailed cockpit, but only that one ship to fly...)

I can see why people would find it very disappointing. The ability to fly basically anything with an engine was always a major selling point of the X series. I'm not that terribly bothered by it myself, because I always wound up in an M6 anyway (best combo between firepower and usability), and really only ever piloted an M2 or M1 if I was attacking a sector for shits and giggles.

Also prepare for DLC to be 'flyable' ships. Its the name of the game baby.

Oh come on, we're talking about Egosoft.

I don't think I've ever seen a company with better post-launch support for their games.
It's mind-blowing how many patches and how much content they released for X2, X3 etc... years after it came out... FOR FREE.

13. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 10:54 yuastnav

Oh dear, I remember the X3 launch.
It was supposed to come out on a Friday, which it did. I also got my copy on that particular day.
Some of us received it on Thursday, though, so a day before. And from what they told us the game was pretty much unplayable since you couldn't even leave the first sector.

Luckily Egosoft released a patch very quickly, on the following Saturday if I am not mistaken. Most developers aren't that enthusiastic.
Piranha Bytes took a week or so to fix a simple bug in Risen that caused lighting glitches on some GeForce 7xxx cards.

I just hope that the same thing won't happen to X Rebirth although the launch of X3 Terran Conflict went pretty smoothly, if I remember correctly.

7. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 09:56 yuastnav

Done. Looking forward to it.
Bought it from the Egosoft shop.

For some reason the EU version costs 45 Euro while the non-EU one costs 35... :/

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 13:32 yuastnav

I will just leave this here for anyone who is interested:
www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/BUGGER

News Comments > Morphopolis Alpha Access
1. Re: Morphopolis Alpha Access Aug 12, 2013, 11:12 yuastnav

The drawings look nice indeed but I'm not sure whether it's such a great idea to play the alpha of a point and click adventure. A similar thing goes for role playing games.
Wouldn't you want to have a "complete" experience during your first playthrough?
Shooter? Doesn't really matter.
Something story-driven though? That's a different story.

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2013, 03:11 yuastnav

Rigs wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 18:58:
Yet another game I've been using for a while before being mentioned on here...anyway, yes it's very impressive, but it's still in the ALPHA stage, peeps! Please remember that! The physics are a little 'floaty' but they've been working on it. If you're using the tech-demo, that's a little bit older 'tech', so it's not really representative of the current state of the alpha. They have a lot planned and hopefully they'll have some support from the gaming community...This stuff is awesome!

=-Rigs-=

Does that mean that the actual alpha is a little less... bouncy? I only played their demo so far.

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
4. Re: BeamNG Racing Game Alpha Aug 11, 2013, 15:56 yuastnav

I don't know, I wasn't that impressed with the demo.
To me it doesn't feel that realistic, the cars bounce around too much. It just doesn't feel right.

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
36. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 17:32 yuastnav

Hell yeah.
I read that they are even planning to release a Linux port.
Awesome!

Man, I've been looking forward to this game for such a long time.

Personally I really liked the keyboard/mouse controls. Intuitive, easy to use and precise.
The interface was a different matter but was still good enough. Curious about how they are going to handle the new game.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released
3. Re: Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released Aug 7, 2013, 03:01 yuastnav

I hope they went back to how it was done in Saints Row 2.
The customisation in Saints Row the third was actually more limited in some regards, as compared to the second one.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad Jul 31, 2013, 10:48 yuastnav

Yeah, I wanna know whether it's worth getting.

Oh well, at this pace we'll have to wait for totalbiscuit's wtf is.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
15. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 24, 2013, 03:48 yuastnav

Just played it for twenty minutes or so and... holy shit, this game is only three bucks? Count me in!

Maybe I can suggest it to my mates. We've been running a minecraft server for the last two years but now it lost its appeal even amongst the more hardcore of them.
Let's see whether they are willing to switch to this.

This one looks really good, though. Shame I didn't know a thing about it before.

Still, this is just naive enthusiasm. It will probably change and I hope not for the worse.

[edit]
Although there are some things I don't get.
1. I cannot actually mine on my own? I.e. I have to get a ship with a mining beam?
2. Is there a way to save the state of the singleplayer world?

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2013, 04:09.

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
30. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 16, 2013, 07:56 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 00:23:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:49:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:38:
My prediction is that the first two mods will be:

1) co-op for more players at once.
2) physically modeled dicks on the male characters, complete with FloppyPhysics.

Incorrect. The first mods will be incredibly detailed nude skins for every female in the game.

Pssh. There were nude mods for this game within the first week it came out. I wouldn't be surprised if people build ridiculously high detail models to replace the so-so ones the game uses, tho.

I'm hoping "mods are good!" is Deep Silver's doing, and standard practice going forward. It may also be to garner goodwill toward their brand right now, when the current consoles have an expiration date. Also, It may push people to buy SR4 sooner rather than Steam-sale later.

Well, DeepSilver publish the X games and those have a ridiculously big modding scene. It's incredible what some people created for this game.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
52. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 10:00 yuastnav

007Bistromath wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 06:04:
These guys are doing it exactly right. More right than anyone else releasing in Steam's early access program, in fact.

When you release an unfinished product, people will inevitably judge the project as a whole by whatever they see right then, and will not look at it ever again if their opinion is negative. Which it will be, because it's not finished.

If you are crowdfunding your development, you need to restrict access to the part of your audience that is very committed to the idea of the product as they and you hope it will be when it is finished. If you don't, you get far more bad press than you ever would by asking a high price, because now a large portion of the people who would've bought your game at final release already have it and are complaining everywhere like a bunch of complete morons that they paid full normal price for a quarter-finished game.

tl; dr: A dev releasing an alpha does not want you to buy it unless you are so excited about the concept they're working on that you would definitely buy it when it's finished even if you knew it could be better. You have to want it that much, or else they are taking a stupid risk by selling it to you.

Yes, that is exactly how it is.
From what I understand Prison Architect, the lowest tier, is sold for 30 USD at the moment and the price will drop once the product is finished.
I just don't understand why that concept is so difficult to grasp for some people.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
121. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:10 yuastnav

2nd_floor wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:35:
So the executable of any game has to be 64 bit to use more than 3GBs of system ram? Even if the os is 64 bit? I think its 3GBs isn't it, that was the limit that 32 bit systems could use?
[...]

32 bit processors can address 2^32 bytes of memory, which is 4 Gigabytes.
64 bit processors can address 2^64 bytes of memory, which is 16 Exabytes.

As far as I know applications in 32 bit Windows can address 2GB, maximum is up to 3GB.
On a 64 bit Windows system it's max. 4 GB.
Source

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
36. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 16:39 yuastnav

Looks like Call of Battlefield with boring mecha combat. Pass.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo