Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 898 (Graduate)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom
9. Re: Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom Jul 28, 2015, 05:37 yuastnav

Oh man, so looking forward to this. I've spent dozens of hours on the previous two games. It's gonna be great.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
25. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 05:54 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 05:42:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 04:58:
Also, Doom was fucking fast. It was faster than any iD game ever released before or since.

Eh, not so sure about that. Quake with strafe jumping is pretty damn fast.

Yeah well there was no jumping in Doom, so there is that. However Doom is definitely not slower than Quake, up until fairly recently Ive been playing Doom on Zdaemon (which is as close to the original Doom2.exe gameplay as it gets) and trust me on this it's insanely fast paced.

I don't know man. In my opinion Quake 2 is still the fastest game to date. That or Quake 3 with the CPMA mod. By fast I mean fast paced.

I mean, take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WYX7wN3MU
(granted this is Quake 3, I think unmodded?)

This is sick.

News Comments > Hi-Rez Unveiling New Game at Gamescom
7. Re: Hi-Rez Unveiling New Game at Gamescom Jul 25, 2015, 05:16 yuastnav

Hey Hi-Rez, how about this? How about you fix Tribes Ascend? No?
Well fuck you too then.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
50. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 04:47 yuastnav

wtf_man wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:52:
I absolutely despise unwanted marketing research on me without my consent. They all ignore "Do not Track", too.

How is that legal?

Adblock Plus + No Script + Ranom Agent Spoofer (Which not only changes user agent per page, but spoofs a random ip address in the headers), and Ghostery.

Not fullproof, but markerters can fuck off and die as far as I'm concerned, so I will make it as difficult as possible for them to "spy" on me. I also don't use any google services nor social networking sites. So basically, I should be way below the radar compared to the average internet users, as far as datamined marketing is concerned.

The only folks that have info on my habbits are Amazon and Netflix... which I don't mind, since I use Amazon a lot, and targeted ads would apply when I'm on their site.

Hmm, didn't know about Random Agent Spoofer. Will check that out.

Personally I use ABP, Cookie monster, RequestPolicy, NoScript, Ghostery, BetterPrivacy and Privacy Badger Firefox, although some of these have the same or a similar function.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 23, 2015, 07:02 yuastnav

As someone who has never owned one single console in his life and only ever played on the PC... why would you already sell your PS4? Didn't it come out like one year ago or something? I didn't have the feeling that there is a drought of games for the PS4.
Also, didn't it cost around 400 USD at launch? Does the price fall so dramatically that it is only worth half after one year?

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
29. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 04:26 yuastnav

Drayth wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:49:
Task wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:14:
Now, as far as 'canon' discussions. It is the choice of a SW product creator to choose the old fiction or new. The old simply has to be labeled as 'Legends.' Also, KOTOR is basically part of the whole "Ancient Star Wars" part of the fiction, so it fits sort of a Grey Area due to taking place thousands of years prior to the movie timeline era. Some of my favorites are the stories dealing with Exar Kun, and how they eventually tied that it in way into the future during the movie timeline era.

A small number of very specific to KoTOR stuffs showed up in the Clone Wars series which is canon, further pushing it into that grey area.

Really? I didn't know that. Like what? But then again, I didn't pay much attention to the clone wars, so...

Played Kotor2... last year? With the missing content. Some parts were extremely difficult though and I wasn't able to beat them without cheating (that factory). The restored content is nice but quite often I wasn't able to read the dialogue because there was no audio and it just skipped. And it's not really balanced.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 12, 2015, 05:46 yuastnav

Pretty happy with my Sennheiser Momentum.

It always makes me chuckle when I see people wearing Beats headphones though.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
21. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 7, 2015, 07:43 yuastnav

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:16:
Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 20:35:
They've got what? 6 offices of varying size and 200'ish employees? That has to be 20 mil per annum and that's deffo on the low side. They must have spent at least 30ish mil so far? That sound about right. So they've got 2-3 years before the bread runs out. Heh, good luck.

I think they are closer to 300 by now.. and yeah they have subscribers who fork over money on a monthly basis that does not get added to the 85 mil total, so they have other monies coming in..

Wait, what? Subscription? For what? The game is not even out yet!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 7, 2015, 04:34 yuastnav

TheGenk wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:48:
It's rather interesting that the article omits other customers that surely would never use this malware for what it was build to do; governments that would never ever spy on their own citizens or allies.
You know, the good guys(even though customers of Hacking Team):
Britain
France
Italy
Australia
South Korea
Switzerland
Germany
United States of America
Rolleyes

Yeah, I expected better of the guardian.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Smart on Star Citizen Jul 5, 2015, 10:40 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 09:46:
Bub wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 08:32:
Near impenetrable user interfaces is part and parcel of any space sim above arcade quality.

No, it's part of a shitty game design by someone that has zero understanding of usability guidelines. Any visual interface can be made easy to understand. Failing to do so, is the direct failure of the person designing that GUI and not "mark of a great sim"

While an understandable and intuitive GUI is great, it's not always possible to have one. I mean, just look at the DCS games where people spend days figuring out the controls. And it's based on real, military vehicles. I don't think someone would design a combat vehicle with bad controls. It's that complex because it needs to be.
So are civilian aircraft and space sims.

It's incredibly difficult to design a good UI.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
17. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 08:09 yuastnav

Ok. So what do you actually DO in this game?  

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
14. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 12:06 yuastnav

harlock wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:48:
wasnt this supposed to be free to play?

When it's released, yes.

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Announced
8. Re: Cossacks 3 Announced May 19, 2015, 18:37 yuastnav

Cossacks was good. I wonder how Cossacks 3 is going to be.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Content
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Free Content May 19, 2015, 18:36 yuastnav

Tunnels. Hooray! \o/

Bridges and tunnels were my favourite thing in TTD. Yay!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 18:15 yuastnav

The only thing that's better that I need is that it's Android instead of an Apple OS. Don't need any other reasons.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 08:32 yuastnav

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 05:16:
Quinn wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 03:56:
Argh, too bad I'm in Europe. I bet we'll be on different servers. Will I still be able to join the crew ingame anyway, I wonder? My aim is awesome, but I suck at driving so I'll be riding shotgun. "Shotgun!" There.

I joined the crew. "Vince-Quinn".

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I'll also have to spring for a new headset since my sister took mine when she moved out west. If anyone has recommendations on something I'm all ears.

Not a headset solution per se but this is a good mic.

http://www.modmic.com/

You can attach it to a lot of headphones since headsets are usually rubbish.

News Comments > Trine 3 Trailer
9. Re: Trine 3 Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 07:25 yuastnav

The Trine games are some of my favourite games of all time (and I don't even like puzzle platformers). Really digging this trailer. It also sounds like Ari Pulkkinen is doing the music for Trine 3 again. Such a joy!
His music is superb. Normally I don't like video game or movie music because it's boring and cannot stand on its own but this is absolutely not the case for Ari's compositions. Definitely going to get the soundtrack.
The story, the voice acting, the visuals, the music - I loved everything about the Trine games.

I can wait, though. They should take their time to polish it up.

News Comments > I am Bread Early Access [Updated]
6. Re: I am Bread Early Access Apr 10, 2015, 04:35 yuastnav

Sepharo wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 01:25:
Hasn't this game been out for a long time now?

Yeah, I'm also confused about that. I'm pretty sure that I've seen people play it months ago.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
69. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 14:29 yuastnav

jimnms wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 13:05:
[...]
Is Nuuvem a trusted reseller? I've heard of them and hear about people buying from them all the time, but you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. Buying cheap keys from Brazil seems a little shady to me.

I got Shadow of Mordor and another game off nuuvem and didn't have any problems so far.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
61. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 09:17 yuastnav

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:58:
I know what you mean about having all the games in one place, however about patching I believe GTA5 will be using the Rockstar client to do all that stuff and not Steam.

There is a Rockstar client?

I was a bit confused since it looks like nuuvem gives you a key for the Rockstar social club and no Steam key, or am I mistaken?

But yeah, 27€ on nuuvem vs. 60€ on Steam seems almost like a steal.

898 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo