Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for dardin

Real Name dardin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dardin
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 22, 2010, 22:31
Total Comments 34 (Suspect)
User ID 55783

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2012, 11:54 dardin

Four days without the wife. That my friend is called a man vacation.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > April Retail Game Sales Fall 42%
11. Re: April Retail Game Sales Fall 42% May 11, 2012, 12:05 dardin

April 2011 saw the release of Portal 2. April 2012 saw the release of Kinect Starwars. Enough said.  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
38. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 17:18 dardin

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 17:01:
Maybe it's just me, but mouse input seems to be outright bugged on menus. Even in the latest version I would constantly have to position the cursor just so to get it to actually select a dialog/menu choice. It would select the wrong thing so many times (but not until I actually clicked to select it) that I threw my hands up and switched to my 360 pad just to avoid the problem.

Can't say the experience is very hurt by it, either. Unlike you, however, the jumbo TV my PC is hooked in to is right in front of my bed, so I'd say my experience might be slightly better (or perhaps just lazier) than yours.

Really, everyone can keep up with their attitudes about how much of a sin it is for a PC gamer to use a controller even when appropriate as much as they want. I'd rather figure out what works better for each game individually adjust my position between chair or bed accordingly.

I have to agree the problems with the mouse on menus is quite annoying at times. I had really hoped to see a fix in the most recent patch. Though it's not enough of a problem for me to sacrifice the precision of a keyboard/mouse for the rest of the game. My hands also cannot take the fatigue and soreness a controller causes, especially for a game like Skyrim which I plan to get 100+ hours from.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2011, 11:48 dardin

The more likely scenario that will play out is that within the next few games the Broncos will play a team that defensively comes up with a game plan that makes this offense ineffective. Then we will see every team that plays them there after use the same defense scheme to defeat them.  

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
2. Re: Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached Nov 10, 2011, 17:45 dardin

Hopefully they find out who was behind this and they get arrested. I really dislike seeing something like this happen to a great company like Valve who has done so much for the gaming community.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer Nov 1, 2011, 15:54 dardin

My biggest gripe is the price tag. There is not enough differences between each one in the series to justify the $60 price tag for me. Call me when the price is around $30 and then I'll play it. Some people will pump a couple hundred hours into the game and get their $60 worth. I however will not be one of them due to it not being original enough to keep my attention.

I also felt BF3 was overpriced at $60 and refused to buy it at that price despite enjoying the beta test. BF3 I did end up purchasing though because I found it for $41 a few weeks before release for the limited edition. Now having played it for about a week I can see I will get my money's worth out of it.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November
6. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:20 dardin

Yo Rockstar I'm really happy to see you releasing a new game on the PC and Imma let you finish, but RDR is one of the best games of all time and PC gamers want it, not this.  

News Comments > Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community"
5. Re: Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community" Sep 8, 2011, 11:38 dardin

Corporate greed trying to be sold as something good for the consumer....  

News Comments > Dead Island Release Trailer
6. Re: Dead Island Release Trailer Aug 31, 2011, 13:04 dardin

I am still waiting on reviews for this game before even thinking about buying it. I love the concept and idea but the developers behind this just put out a really poorly done game "Call of Juarez The Cartel", which has me concerned this game could also be poorly done.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2011, 13:16.

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall
4. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 23, 2011, 11:27 dardin

Suckage wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 11:23:
Now if only we could get Red Dead Redemption!

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
33. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 14:13 dardin

Stolk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:03:
I would maybe pay $5. Maybe. But, I'm not disappointed. In fact, I feel vindicated. I've been saying all along that it's been in development so long that there is no way it can ever live up to its own legacy.

It doesn't take rocket surgery to figure that one out, but go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

It was fun. Definitely simplistic and feels like an old game, but fun. I don't require all the games I play to feel modern or require 32 cameras to generate facial animation.

Even if you compare it to old FPS games this demo still stinks. Think back to some FPS games from the early 2000's and compare it to them since this game appears to be from that time period. Call of Duty, Max Payne, Medal of Honor, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament and so on and so forth...

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2011, 14:18.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha/Beta Comparison
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha/Beta Comparison Jun 28, 2010, 11:41 dardin

Nice improvements on the landscape graphics and lighting effects. I find it odd though that the character models actually look worse in the beta version.  

News Comments > MW2 Resurgence Pack Pre-Purchase Discount
7. Re: MW2 Resurgence Pack Pre-Purchase Discount Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 dardin

Sadly like the last map pack, the majority of PC gamers will bitch and complain about the price but then turn around and still buy it. I also find it a joke that you get to save a whole 1.49 for pre-purchasing it.

I myself will continue to play online games like TF2 and BFBC2 that do not charge for additional MP maps.

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks
15. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks Jun 22, 2010, 18:32 dardin

noman wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 16:26:
GFWL as it was implemented in Fallout 3 is lot better than Steamworks. You can create an offline profile, never connect to GFWL servers, and patch the game the way you want. In fact, you can run FO3 executable file directly and there's no online or disc checks.

Steamworks is a lot more restricted, since you always have to run Steam and the game is tied to your Steam account, meaning it can't be given or sold easily.

Nice try Microsoft......

34 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo