Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1678 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2015, 11:37 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:38:
That LG TV is very impressive. Amazing how far technology has come. Hope they will sell well and they will be affordable for normal human beings within the next few years.
The picture quality on OLED TVs are incredible

Yeah, it really is amazing. I can't recall the movie ATM, but I remember one of the characters rolling out a clear display like a piece of Vellum and looked at a map. At the time I thought how/if that technology would be possible.....and here we are.

It will be interesting to see when\how this technology gets incorporated into mobile devices.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie
4. Re: Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie May 21, 2015, 11:31 MajorD

Good luck with that. Rolleyes

News Comments > Overwatch McCree Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch McCree Trailer May 20, 2015, 18:06 MajorD

Meh, still not impressed/interested. Not my cup-of-tea.

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
2. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 20, 2015, 17:58 MajorD

I was very soured when they started the whole 'Premium Subscription' BS after I purchased BF3, as once the DLC launched it was almost impossible to find many servers playing the vanilla maps. Additionally, the game launched broken and wasn't fixed/patched for the longest time either. So, I voted with my wallet and didn't purchase BF4 or Hardline.

With all the other good games that came out, and the backlog of games I have already, I have no regrets whatsoever.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Video game link to Alzheimer's?Ö May 20, 2015, 12:56 MajorD

I can't remember if I've already read this article....

I wonder if I've been gaming too much, but can't remember the last time I gamed. Sigh....

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Content
6. Re: Cities: Skylines Free Content May 19, 2015, 19:31 MajorD

Quboid wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:36:
Excellent! I've been considering starting a new city too.

Yeah, same here. I guess this is the incentive we needed to do so.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
75. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 11:49 MajorD

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 19, 2015, 06:34:
The industry has moved on and id Software is stuck in the past.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^Yup, it certainly moved on a long time ago.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 19, 2015, 06:34:
I'll wait for more videos before making any decision but I can't see myself getting this game.

^^^^^And This^^^^ Yeah, not enough video content to make any real/intelligent decision one way or the other, BUT I can go by id Software's track record since Quake 3 Arena, which was their last good game before spinning into the downward spiral they haven't been able to innovate/develop their way out of. There is a certain person still employed there that is the contributing factor.

It's sad, but on the other hand they were the pioneers of FPS gaming and explosion of, especially due to John Carmack's willingness and insistence of sharing his coding with the world to expand upon.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 12:12.

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Announced
4. Re: Cossacks 3 Announced May 19, 2015, 11:28 MajorD

Xero wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:23:
Kind of crazy that I remember downloading the original Cossacks many a years ago and the series is still going after then. Don't got much interest in it though.

Yeah, it's as if the gaming industry is becoming like the movie industry where it has become so saturated, nobody can come up with anything new and inspiring, but instead they just kick out reboots of old games and/or sequels and prequels. Some good, some bad.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
55. Re: Doom Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 20:08 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:11:
Ah, the microwave society.
Not even 4 seconds of video and everyone has made up their mind.
Can't wait to pre order this so I can get the gold shimmering double barrel shotgun. Cuz, you know.

Cuz you already have your mind made up too? Clever irony there RedEye9.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
43. Re: Overwatch Video May 15, 2015, 11:23 MajorD

I was interested when I saw Blizzard was developing an FPS game, but upon watching the gameplay video, that interest quickly faded away.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2015 Trailer
2. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2015 Trailer May 13, 2015, 21:15 MajorD

DLC = Doping Loaded Content.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 19:37 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 15:14:
1badmf wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:26:
InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:00:
Fuck that. I want to see some more high definition photographs of Ceres. Unless NASA starts releasing some images soon Im gonna start crying conspiracy....

nono, fuck THAT, it's time to drop a minisub into the subsurface ocean on europa. ceres is just another rock. if you're talking about the bright spots, they're almost certainly just pockets of ice reflecting sunlight. the wiki article has some recent photos.

Dude, we've already been to Europa. In fact, there's even a documentary you can see about that trip.

I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed that movie. I was thinking of watching it again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 12:37 MajorD

1badmf wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:55:
hey guys if you're an astronomy buff you should check out that star-forming clump article, mainly for the featured comment from someone working on various telescopes including the JWST. really insightful stuff about the origins of the HST and the future technology required to actually image an exoplanet.

Yeah, fascinating stuff!! The 'Hubble Space Telescope' certainly has been worth its weight in gold with everything it has been able to discover thus far, theories it has confirmed, etc. It makes you realize how insignificant we almost are in this ever expanding universe; our solar system is smaller than a yoctometer on a dust mites ass.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
8. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:11 MajorD

Yeah, this will release when we see Half-Life 3, or vise versa.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
7. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:09 MajorD

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:34:
Another no-brainer, lets hope its better than F3 (which sucked) and at least as good as F:NV (which was really good).

Interesting/funny, as I loved Fallout 3, but F: NV fell flat for me. /shrug

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 14:54 MajorD

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:
Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

Yeah, sometimes public servers with disruptive and/or grieving players can be annoying/aggravating if you're not in the mood for it, but it can be fun too. One time a crew member and I just walked out of our apartment and some guy just shot us down for no reason. We ignored it, and then he killed us both a second time, so it became our mission to seek revenge. SO, we jumped into my crew member's armored car and kept chasing him down and killing him, then took his car and kept running over him with his own car - if we didn't shoot him down first - and eventually he rage-quit. From that point forward we carried on with a nice and enjoyable online session - even though the revenge seeking was pleasurable.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
13. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 12:09 MajorD

I don't own this game, but this is pretty awesome, and rare.

Very nice inXile!

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
44. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 14:27 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:23:
MajorD wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:11:
Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

I have to agree. Similar to how the whole 3D television/monitor hype train that has slowly died off. Now it's curved TVs.

BUUUTTTT, until I try it, who really knows? /Shrug

The problem with 3D TVs: first there isn't a lot of 3D content out there to watch, and second it's just an additional layer to the presentation, it's not integral to the story telling.

Curved TVs are a fad, although I have a feeling they'll always be sold as a niche product. But they make no sense: a TV is a group device, and curving it is antithetical to that.

Curved monitors are here to stay, and will become the majority display type in the future because monitors are individual use items, so curving makes sense.

The OR fundamentally changes your experience for a rather large subset of games: racing & driving sims, flight sims, space sims, and FP horror games. And it also seems to adapt well to FP RPG and adventure games that focus more on exploration and don't require the twitch reactions of FPSs. I view it as a strong niche product like joysticks or driving wheels which change and improve how you play certain kinds of games. These have been with us for decades. The OR is less like gimmicky products like kinect which can't die soon enough.

Yeah, very true jdreyer. Good points to ponder, thanks.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
27. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 12:11 MajorD

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

I have to agree. Similar to how the whole 3D television/monitor hype train that has slowly died off. Now it's curved TVs.

BUUUTTTT, until I try it, who really knows? /Shrug

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 5, 2015, 11:50 MajorD

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 5, 2015, 09:45:
Eventually cable companies will figure out that the internet is a video service.

Yup, and now we'll start getting hosed by those same cable companies when they raise their broadband prices to compensate for their loses of channel/movie package subscriptions. If you have just a broadband subscription, then your pricing will be X (higher), but if you subscribe to both broadband AND channel/movie package, then your internet pricing will be X (lower). Unless they are already doing this (?). I probably shouldn't post that idea.

1678 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo