Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1351 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Patch
6. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:51 MajorD

Techie714 © wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:27:
Since once ARMA 3 & Bioshock comes out I'll be busy for a long time..lol

HAHAHA....yeah, so many games, so little time.

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:28:
I'm enjoying it for what it's worth. SP was a fun romp although predictable story. MP is pretty fun too, though my reflexes sure aren't what they were in the Unreal Tourny/Quake3 Arena days.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah, I definitely know what you're saying; I could pretty much hold my own in Q3A (The Longest Yard especially), but the reflexes are certainly not like they used to be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadfall Adventures Announced
1. Re: Deadfall Adventures Announced Feb 28, 2013, 11:32 MajorD

Could be good, especially puzzle-solving. I'll have to keep an eye, or both, on this one.

3. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:26 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:13:
I've been hearing a lot of positive feedback about this game also.
Even Total Biscuit who is very critical about shitty PC ports seemed to like this game.
I might give it a try when it will be on sale. I am not excited enough to pay $60 for this.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, even though I have a couple of gift cards sitting here, I'm not sure I want to pay $60 either. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale as well.

1. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:08 MajorD

Anyone here on Blue's News play this game yet? A friend of mine raved about it, but I still have my reservations. I’m becoming very skeptical in my older age, but for good reason based on the state of the industry today with the over-hype marketing that ends up being better than the game itself in a lot of cases.

News Comments > The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End
6. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 22:41 MajorD

This game was/is a waste of my time and a waste of the money I was suckered into paying for it! I had my suspicions & reservations when they first started marketing it, but I took a leap of faith, when I should have followed my instincts like I did with A:CM.

The bottom line is that the game is flat, un-immersive, has bad audio and uninspired graphics. The game sucked, still sucks, and always will suck!

And NO, of course I am not bitter……

News Comments > QuakeCon 2013 Dates Announced
8. Re: QuakeCon 2013 Dates Announced Feb 26, 2013, 18:58 MajorD

I wonder if they will be showcasing and playing RAGE MP? Rotfl Smartass

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
9. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:40 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 09:39:
Cause they obviously aren't going to be getting additional money from ACM!

DOH!

News Comments > Respawn at E3
1. Re: Respawn at E3 Feb 25, 2013, 20:43 MajorD

Too bad EA is the Publisher, but I am curious to see what these guys have been working on. Hopefully they'll raise the bar again with some new, fresh, and innovative gaming.

Time will tell....

News Comments > Firefall Beta Weekend
1. Re: Firefall Beta Weekend Feb 22, 2013, 10:38 MajorD

From the pics it looks like a cross between Borderlands and Brink....

News Comments > EA Layoffs
8. Re: EA Layoffs Feb 21, 2013, 21:41 MajorD

EA’s leadership on these high-growth platforms allows us to retain and attract the industry’s best talent. Thousands of our existing employees have been retrained and redeployed to work on the new platforms and initiatives. But when it is not possible to redeploy a team, we soften the tough decisions with assistance. This week we let some people go in Los Angeles, Montreal as well as in some smaller locations. These are good people and we have offered outplacement services and severance packages to ease their transition to a new job.
But, just remember folks, TRANSITION IS OUR FRIEND!!!

What an AssClown!!!

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
22. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 19:35 MajorD

KaRRiLLioN wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 19:25:
I was talking to a friend about old gaming sites like Shacknews, etc. What was the gaming site that came out a little before BluesNews way back in the day, something like RedsNews? I can't for the life of me remember.

Redwood's. He show's his smiling face here occasionally.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 18:34 MajorD

4D-Boxing wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 18:11:
The fact that I got this a xmas gift through steam and dont want to touch it says should say something as well! Cant even trade the thing for a 5$ discount towards a real game.

Wow, yeah that says a lot too.

My wife, bless her heart, got me MW3 for Christmas 2011, and I played MAYBE 15 minutes of it and haven't touched it since. I asked her not buy me those games anymore.....

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
19. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:13 MajorD

deqer wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:37:
"Hey guys, we need to stay in business and keep making money. So, even tough LoG was just released, and some of you haven't even tried it yet--well, we don't care, and we're going to--regardless--shove another game down your throats this early in time, because it's all about us and staying in business even though that negatively affects you by the fact that we'd be shoving another game down your throats already."

"Creating a DLC would not have felt right." You mean, not have felt right to your business in the form of profits? Ahh, yes, that's what I thought you meant. Okay.

I'm confused by your post. You obviously have a different perspective on the game and/or the developer, but the game was released nearly a year ago for $14.99, and even less during a promotional launch. LoG II probably won't be release until the end of this year, or first part of next, so how is it they shoved either one down our throats?

I'm just curious, as maybe I'm missing something. HAH, wouldn't be the first time.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 16:58 MajorD

Yeah, the fact that I have no interest in even trying it for a 'Free Weekend' should say something. Sleeping

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 17:07.

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
4. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 16:49 MajorD

Wow, sign of the times....

Not only do I not like seeing the end of an era, but that many people losing their jobs sucks even more.

I remember DL the first version of QSpy (before becoming GameSpy) to find the best ping Quake MP server....

News Comments > Deus Ex Movie Details
17. Re: Deus Ex Movie Details Feb 21, 2013, 11:28 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:37:
Sho wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:33:
The obvious Blade Runner aside, I think one of the best cyberpunk movies was actually Strange Days ...

I love that flick, very underrated. I'm not sure I'd call it cyberpunk, but it was a neat story, and I could easily see entertainment eventually broadcasting directly into the skull.

I need to watch that again.

edit: Damn, no blu remster yet.

Hmmmmm....I'm not sure I've ever seen it. Not on NetFlix, but found it here

I might just have to grab it and check it out. Wink

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
2. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:20 MajorD

This game (LoG 1) was completely outside the style of games I typically like/enjoy playing, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl, as I really enjoyed it. I liked it so much, I played through it twice. There were a lot of puzzles, which is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

I'm glad to see this guys (AlmostHuman) were so successful and are bringing us a sequel.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
11. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 MajorD

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2
4. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 20, 2013, 09:42 MajorD

Sepharo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 22:33:
I really wish other adventure/fps games would make use of their mouse gestures. They turned them down in Amnesia compared to Penumbra but I still think it adds so much to the genre. Opening a drawer or door by click holding and dragging just adds that extra immersion that a single click doesn't. It's rarely used as a game mechanic but to me it's more about the feel.

I couldn't agree more.....I just hope they bring more of that mouse gesture/mechanic back to AMFP and their unannounced project that has been in the works for a while now.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 09:33 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 08:47:
At least they sort of announced the game first before the DLC for it.

OHHHHH! Nice one! Very true, but it won't be long.......

1351 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo