Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1432 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 10:16 MajorD

Amazon is the best I must say. I had to return a game one time because the activation key was invalid; they shipped another one that day to arrive in two days, and then eMailed me a UPS label to return the original one where UPS would pick it up from my door step. They made it painless as possible.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 7, 2013, 01:19 MajorD

“This is amazing for a company that only started to ship products two years ago,” she said. “It’s really big progress for a company that is so young.”

Yeah, pretty amazing when you reverse engineer the iPhone (and others I'm sure) and create a knock off and then sell it 60% below market value and screw the whole market up in the process. So amazing....

News Comments > Betrayer Announced
11. Re: Betrayer Announced Aug 5, 2013, 12:28 MajorD

Drayth wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 09:32:
Pre-orders get the in game color DLC free!

HAHAHAHA! Nicely done; too funny.

I don't know who is smoking what over there at that studio, but that 'monochromatic' is not an 'art style', it is an F'ing headache waiting to happen. Cel-shading is more on an art style guys. WTF?! You may want to reconsider that brainchild....

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
61. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 10:56 MajorD

CeeJay wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 10:41:
Am I the only one that loved Quake Wars?

It looked and played great.

I had a blast with Quake Wars and put a good number of hours into it. IMO, I don't think people gave it enough of a chance and it was underrated, and compared it to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory too much. There were some things they could have done better with (some balancing, etc.), but overall it was a fun MP game to play once you learned/understood the objectives and mechanics, etc.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2013, 11:05.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2013, 10:51 MajorD

No, but I did get one for 60% of watches, and I've never purchased a watch off of Amazon....But, there are a couple of books I'd like to purchase from Amazon; can I borrow your coupon?

58. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 10:31 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 10:27:
MajorD wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 10:13:
If anyone hasn't read 'Masters of Doom' yet, it is worth picking up a copy and reading. It is a quick and easy read...it has been a while and I'm thinking finding my copy and reading it again.

You can find it here.

He also wrote a book on the history of GTA.

Cool, did not know that. I'll have to check that out too. Thanks much nin.

56. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 10:13 MajorD

If anyone hasn't read 'Masters of Doom' yet, it is worth picking up a copy and reading. It is a quick and easy read...it has been a while and I'm thinking finding my copy and reading it again.

You can find it here.

32. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 20:29 MajorD

Rotfl

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
6. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 19:41 MajorD

Too bad the game is only 3rd person w/o the option to switch between 1st person and 3rd person view a la FO3.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed Aug 1, 2013, 19:34 MajorD

Fantaz wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 18:08:
I'm looking forward to this just due to there not being many other mindless shooters coming out lately... I'm still disappointed that there won't be multiplayer, not even deathmatch style or co-op.

Yeah, CoOp would be fun with this type of game.

News Comments > New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod
4. Re: New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod Jul 31, 2013, 22:25 MajorD

Parias wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 20:40:
How is this compared to CoP: Complete?

From what I've read and understand, MISRY is much more hardcore survival based. Some people will tell you to play the vanilla and/or 'Complete' version before playing the MISERY mod. I have played 'Complete' for both SoC and CS, but not CoP yet, so I can only go by what I've read in forums, etc. I'll probably play the CoP 'Complete', and then give MISERY a whirl, but that's just me.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 26, 2013, 10:29 MajorD

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 00:51:
I like the guy, he can be pretty funny when he tries.

I like him too; 65 years old and still going strong. You have to admire his energy.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
7. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 11:13 MajorD

Wow, is this out of left field or what? What a waste of time and resources.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month
4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 11:58 MajorD

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 10:55:
These are the kind of games I like to see Indies making rather than yet another 8bit action platformer. Most Indie games IMO are not very good at all. Games like "Rogue Legacy" I find boring, uninspired, etc. But stuff like this is innovative, interesting, & looks like a lot of fun.

Agreed. I'm glad to see the continued success of Indies, but IMO all the side-scrolling/platform games seem so dated to me and are boring. If I wanted to play that type of game, I would dig out my old Atari 2600 and hook that up. But, yes, games like this are more innovating, interesting, and fun.

News Comments > Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows
3. Re: Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows Jul 18, 2013, 11:50 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 11:34:
This looks like a game for the PS2 and XBox. Horrible.

LOL!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer; LE Preorders
2. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer; LE Preorders Jul 16, 2013, 21:18 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 20:55:
Yarrr! Get yer pirate on ye lubbers!

AARRRRRRR!!!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Who needs a HUD? Metro: Last Light and the return to realism Jul 16, 2013, 13:22 MajorD

The iHUD (immersive HUD) and aHUD (adjustable HUD) were some of the first mods I downloaded/installed for FO3, FONV, and Skyrim. They both have adjustments/settings to allow the user to tweak it to their liking: Where you want HUD elements to show on your screen (aHUD), how/when you want certain HUD elements to come up, and how/when you want them to fade away, etc. It enhances the immersiveness (<<<is that a word) of the game that much more. That is one of the many things I liked about Metro 2033 too.

NexusMods is the perfect resource for them, and a myriad of other mods. There is a lot of raw talent out there.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2013, 11:04 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:56:
Well it's level-up day for me once more. Which leads me to wonder what max level is in this game. Definitely need to invest those skills points into wisdom and constitution.

Happy Birthday Cutter! Are you going to have celebratory English muffin pizzas?

11. Re: Off topic Jul 16, 2013, 11:00 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:47:
Everybody laughed at Musk when he said he would create the first private, commercially sucessful space carrier. They laughed at his Tesla motors company. Everyone keeps on laughing and yet this guy keeps innovating and making money in the process. They keep calling Steve Jobs the visionary of a century...compared to this guy he was a blind man lost in the woods....

From closing paragraph of article: Don’t be surprised if the biggest obstacles to the Hyperloop turn out to be bureaucratic rather than technological. Ya think?! That's what killed the electric car.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 16, 2013, 10:33 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 10:27:
"Frequent customers are often the most hesitant to accept change, as has happened with the upcoming Xbox One. Microsoft's new gaming console was initially set to regularly connect to the Internet and have limited support for used games, but the company reversed these policies after a large public outcry."

So that is how this article sums up the MS backlash. We were hesitant to accept change. I saw it different, were adamant to change the buyer-seller ownership rules, to favor the buyer only.

You beat me to it.....pretty much my thought too.

Frequent customers are often the most hesitant to accept change, as has happened with the upcoming Xbox One. <<<That statement just rubbed me the wrong way. Well, there was good reason most everyone was hesitant this time around you monkeys!!!

1432 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo