Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1479 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
17. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 12:32 MajorD

Jackplug wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 12:01:
Its about time they allowed the community create better maps. Instead we get the same old shit!

GASP! And deny them all that money they can make from spitting out inferior DLC/maps that people will continue to lap up?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 12:24 MajorD

DOH! While watching the video I said to myself, "This looks a lot like a Resident Evil game", and then came to realize it is the works of Shiniji Mikami.....

I REALLY wish game developers would start incorporating the ability to switch back and forth between the first person perspective and third person perspective more....a la Fallout 3. Would it really be that difficult to do?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
14. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 MajorD

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:24:
off topic but just came across a fox news bit that is pretty amazing:
this game will surely create a bunch of mass murderers in the USA

[url=http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/fox-news-hasselbeck-navy-yard-shooting-shows-need-for-video-game-registry-not-gun-control/]Fox news vid clip on video games[url]

That report could not have been more moronic! Yeah, purchases of violent action movie DVDs should be tracked too. /head shake

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 11:00 MajorD

Typically a TV Series' writing starts becoming weak in its last season or two leading up to it's cancelation, but Breaking Bad's writing and directing has pretty much held strong throughout, and this final season is certainly no exception! Yes, there have been a few lows with some episodes here and there, but overall the show's writing and directing has been consistent.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 22:17 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 13:14:
Black Friday for PC gamers. Thanks for nothing MS you traitorous fucks. I hope that your next Shitbox fails like you fail at just about everything you have touched in the last few years. That Heavy Rain bit speaks volumes about your lack of vision and brains too. Fuck yourselves and your shitty Halo which is all you lamers got. Buttfucks.

How do you REALLY feel about it?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 10:33 MajorD

Here, if you show up to court and the ticketing Officer isn't present, it will be dismissed; however, if they do show, then you have a chance of getting it knocked down a bit. I've had the luck of the prior for excessive speeding. Whew

This was years ago, so I don't know if that has changed or not....

News Comments > Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields
6. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:06:

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal.

I totally agree. The first time I played a non-HC server with some friends that wanted jump in and play, it was the last time. Everyone becomes bullet sponges, there is no intensity, and just seems flat. Yeah, HC is the only way to play in IMO as well.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty
4. Re: Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty Aug 28, 2013, 10:13 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 08:42:
"The cadence of the releases seems to have found a nice equilibrium with people's appetite,"

IE "people keep buying this shit, so it keeps coming out." Kinda hard to argue with that...

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. If they continue to make millions and millions from people buying/playing the SOS, then why wouldn't keep feeding the machine?

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction
3. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:57 MajorD

I don't know, I have very little confidence in this new game, or Splash Damage for that matter, after BRINK. I hope the game is a success and everyone is proved wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.....

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 17:16 MajorD

Brazor wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:48:
Makes me wonder though. Did the console market do this? Did it really pull "that" many people away to justify slowing down the chain?

It's not so much that, but more because of games are being developed within the limited capabilities of the console hardware now. When it was still all about PC Gaming, developers pushed the envelope of the hardware capabilities more and more with every new game/engine being released, which forced them to work closer to the hardware developers, especially the nVidias and ATIs of the hardware world; it was more push/pull back then. But since most developers seem to now develop to the console, and then port to the PC, there is no need to upgrade PCs as often, which is truly bitter-sweet. That’s how I see it anyway……..

The only recent game releases that really still tax my system are ARMA 2 & 3 (although ARMA 2 isn’t so recent anymore), Metro 2033, and Crysis – all three fully maxed out. Other than those, I don’t really know of any recent game I own that does tax my system and/or that requires me to upgrade anytime soon.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 13:52 MajorD

NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:36:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 12:59:
NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:01:
Whenever I read stuff like this, I put down my own project for a few days and sulk.

Do you have a blog or something where we can check it out?

Nope. Don't really have anything I want to show yet. I'm still writing my own engine so it's a lot of boring technical shit that I'm slowly sucking less at.

Once I have something to show this'll be the first place I do it though

Very cool! I look forward to seeing your work.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:19 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:53:
Hehehe, yeah incoming clusterfuck of epic proportions. Well I for one welcome the demise of this game, as that will only mean we get a new single player Elder Scrolls much sooner rather than later....

Agreed, but we need Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
27. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 10:05 MajorD

Indies are starting to become sell outs too!

Spin it anyway you want Dan, but you're still a sell out!!!

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2013, 22:39.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned Aug 22, 2013, 11:50 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:55:
What is this new and magic technology called Dedicated Servers?? Is this even possible, wow that would be sooo cool...

Yeah, and I'm sure the dedicated servers will be accompanied by mod tools too so the community can create maps to play on those dedicated servers........just think about what modders could do with the new cutting edge technology of NPC dogs and fish that move out of the way when you swim by them.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
9. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 11:34 MajorD

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 11:09:
We don't need to sell that many copies to break-even

But the longer you wait in releasing it, the more copies you need to sell, and the less interest there will be.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well. I put a lot of hours into DayZ, and enjoyed it a lot, but it eventually fizzled out for me. I'll still consider the stand alone version, but it sure won't be a 'DayZ One' purchase for me.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 11:44.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 10:55 MajorD

Okay, so I have to pay for a game that will only be playable for 30 days, but if I want to continue to play it I have to pay more money?

I followed the developement of this game here and there, but I don't ever remember seeing them hint towards a subscription model to have to play it, as I was lead to believe it was going to be FTP. So, they just get everyone all hyped up and excited for the game and then drop this bomb?! Stupid me, I should have known they would be charging a subscription to play it in the first place. Dunce

I have never, and will never, pay a subcription fee to play a game I've already paid for, but I guess there are plenty of people that will/do.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2013, 11:01.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. removed Aug 20, 2013, 17:10 MajorD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 11:28.

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
14. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 16:14 MajorD

WOW,Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition !!! Rolleyes

I put a lot of hours into BF3, and did enjoy it, but the lack of commander, camo rose, and in game VOIP still stuck in my craw, but it was the lack of support against all the hackers that was the straw that eventually broke the camel's back for me. It was like they took the attitude of, "We made our millions, so deal with it or don't play".

I agree that ARMA 3 deservse more of a look and consideration.....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. removed Aug 20, 2013, 14:05 MajorD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 11:28.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount
8. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 20, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

Does anyone know if this will go retail, or is going to just digital distribution?

1479 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo