Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1482 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
42. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 27, 2013, 12:35 MajorD

DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 03:55:
MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

Nope, you can walk around on the stations as shown in the video - which is new to the series, but no landing on planets.

Cool, thank you much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 22:41 MajorD

@ Wolfox and dj LiTh: Thank you for the feedback. I may just have to pull the trigger on this one, so to speak, and give it a whirl.

16. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:00 MajorD

So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
25. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:49 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 13:05:
It's a console game plain and simple. You can't even jump for crissake! I may pick it up when it hits 5 bucks on Steam, maybe, but otherwise no.

Yeah, so far it 'looks & sounds' like they pretty much ruined the franchise, and what pisses me off is that they use the excuse that "it is not a sequel, but a 'reboot' of the franchise". Yeah whatever, GFY!!!

9. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:42 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:36:
Lots of excitement around this title.
Hope it will be gentle with new comers as I've never played any of the X games before, but this one looks very interesting.

I haven't either, but this one has me very much intrigued.

20. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 08:52:
Too early to tell but I hope you can turn off some of the "features" they have showcased in previews.

Yeah, my concern is that the game design and levels are being built around these lame features, but if we turn them off, how much will that effect (negative and/or positive) how we're able to play out a level successfully/unsuccessfully?

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
2. Re: Unreal 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 21:51 MajorD

Pretty impressive engine from what I've seen so far. I've never been a BIG fan of the feel of the Unreal engines, but this is 'looking' pretty darn good.

2. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 21:42 MajorD

Not interested.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
58. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:44 MajorD

Okay, so I am 1 for 1 with this announcement following the initial/first announcement. If I end up being correct with 2 for 2, then the next announcement will be Half-Life 3. If not HL3, then some type of tracking peripheral.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
17. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 12:12 MajorD

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 12:01:
MajorD wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 11:56:
Having never played any version of GTA, I would consider picking this version up if/when released for PC.

If you like open sandbox worlds, you're going to have a blast.

Yeah, after the advertisement I saw peaked my interest, I then checked out a few minutes of a LP on YouTube. Yeah, it does look like a wide open world of fun.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
15. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 11:56 MajorD

Having never played any version of GTA, I would consider picking this version up if/when released for PC.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 10:33 MajorD

Alamar wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:24:
I don't think Valve is stupid enough to make HL3 a SteamOS-exclusive...

I hope not, as it would be a total prick move. What I see them doing is making it an exclusive for a period of time to pull people over to the SteamOS, and then eventually release it for the other platforms.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
2. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:11 MajorD

Unless significant noticable advancement are made in the PC graphics chips during each console life cycle, people aren't really going to care. I really didn't see any huge WOW factor between the two during the last life cycle (360 & PS3).

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
18. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:00 MajorD

It will be available soon as a free stand-alone operating system for living room machines.

Will the box (living room machine) be the next detailed 'planned announcement'? And what, Half-Life 3 'planned announcement' #3? 3 and 3, it makes sense, but yeah I know, wishful thinking.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 12:18 MajorD

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:59:
MajorD wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:57:
I've never played a GTA game <gasps>, but when I was watching Breaking Bad list night I saw an advertisement for GTA5 that peaked my interest, but was only left with disappointment when I learned it was for Consoles only.

Any rumors of it eventually being released for PC?

No, none whatsoever.

Should we just start one then? Grin

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 11:57 MajorD

I've never played a GTA game <gasps>, but when I was watching Breaking Bad list night I saw an advertisement for GTA5 that peaked my interest, but was only left with disappointment when I learned it was for Consoles only.

Any rumors of it eventually being released for PC?

News Comments > Alien Rage Trailer
1. Re: Alien Rage Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 11:45 MajorD

Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but it looks like a reboot of UT all over again. Granted it is the Unreal Engine……..

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 14:13 MajorD

wraithnix wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 12:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 11:47:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:35:
My health care is perfectly fine too. It's of our nationalized health system too. I work, but our system covers everyone.

I don't think our country is going bankrupt over it either, in fact, good all round health care for all helps a countries GDP if you want to look at it in such crude ways.

I see you anit sure cos you have no idea what will happen, but I don't see giving everyone medical help is a bad thing.

Healthcare premiums have tripled in the last year. Thank you Obamacare. They've gone up every year since 2003, since some facets of Obamacare are already in effect, it's only going to get worse on that front.

He eliminated the one option that would have made sense, single payer.

We already do give everyone medical help, you can't turn away a sick person simply due to not having insurance.

If I lived in a country with universal healthcare, I could have had the problem fixed, right away, and wouldn't have to deal with this stuff now.

Eventually you would have had the problem fixed under Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, but certainly not right away; however, I'm sure if you were here illegally (without insurance), you wouldn’t have had any problems receiving the necessary medical care.

In regards to Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, it isn’t all that sun shinny and rosy, as it certainly has its pros and cons. Pros: Everyone’s covered. Cons: 1) Everyone’s covered whether or not the pay into it/their share. 2) Fewer doctors will be motivated to specialize, as there will be less incentive for them to do so. 3) Potential of the quality of health care decreasing, as the quantity increases. 4) Patients will have to wait forever to get surgery if they do need it. Maybe some of the Canadian BN posters here can attest to this.

Yes, our current health care system is broken in places, but Obamacare certainly isn’t the answer; it would be a mistake!

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 14:18.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 10:57 MajorD

Yesterday we acheived reinforcing we are complete JackHoles, but today we just wanted to be sure and confirm that for everyone.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 13:27 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:21:
...it takes some real effort to be offended by stuff, or you can just let it slide and save your energy for stuff that really matters.

BINGO!

Yes, sometimes things are said off the cuff, at the wrong time, and/or shouldn’t be said at all, but making a mountain out of a molehill and perpetuating isn’t any better. It has gotten so out of hand to the point of ridiculous, along with political correctness. Everything seems to be about ‘the drama’ these days, so all the drama whores will do anything to create and/or feed off of the drama. Sorry, but there are much more constructive things to worry about and do……

1482 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo