Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1410 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 17:16 MajorD

Brazor wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:48:
Makes me wonder though. Did the console market do this? Did it really pull "that" many people away to justify slowing down the chain?

It's not so much that, but more because of games are being developed within the limited capabilities of the console hardware now. When it was still all about PC Gaming, developers pushed the envelope of the hardware capabilities more and more with every new game/engine being released, which forced them to work closer to the hardware developers, especially the nVidias and ATIs of the hardware world; it was more push/pull back then. But since most developers seem to now develop to the console, and then port to the PC, there is no need to upgrade PCs as often, which is truly bitter-sweet. That’s how I see it anyway……..

The only recent game releases that really still tax my system are ARMA 2 & 3 (although ARMA 2 isn’t so recent anymore), Metro 2033, and Crysis – all three fully maxed out. Other than those, I don’t really know of any recent game I own that does tax my system and/or that requires me to upgrade anytime soon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 13:52 MajorD

NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:36:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 12:59:
NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:01:
Whenever I read stuff like this, I put down my own project for a few days and sulk.

Do you have a blog or something where we can check it out?

Nope. Don't really have anything I want to show yet. I'm still writing my own engine so it's a lot of boring technical shit that I'm slowly sucking less at.

Once I have something to show this'll be the first place I do it though

Very cool! I look forward to seeing your work.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:19 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:53:
Hehehe, yeah incoming clusterfuck of epic proportions. Well I for one welcome the demise of this game, as that will only mean we get a new single player Elder Scrolls much sooner rather than later....

Agreed, but we need Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
27. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 10:05 MajorD

Indies are starting to become sell outs too!

Spin it anyway you want Dan, but you're still a sell out!!!

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2013, 22:39.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned Aug 22, 2013, 11:50 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:55:
What is this new and magic technology called Dedicated Servers?? Is this even possible, wow that would be sooo cool...

Yeah, and I'm sure the dedicated servers will be accompanied by mod tools too so the community can create maps to play on those dedicated servers........just think about what modders could do with the new cutting edge technology of NPC dogs and fish that move out of the way when you swim by them.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
9. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 11:34 MajorD

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 11:09:
We don't need to sell that many copies to break-even

But the longer you wait in releasing it, the more copies you need to sell, and the less interest there will be.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well. I put a lot of hours into DayZ, and enjoyed it a lot, but it eventually fizzled out for me. I'll still consider the stand alone version, but it sure won't be a 'DayZ One' purchase for me.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 11:44.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 10:55 MajorD

Okay, so I have to pay for a game that will only be playable for 30 days, but if I want to continue to play it I have to pay more money?

I followed the developement of this game here and there, but I don't ever remember seeing them hint towards a subscription model to have to play it, as I was lead to believe it was going to be FTP. So, they just get everyone all hyped up and excited for the game and then drop this bomb?! Stupid me, I should have known they would be charging a subscription to play it in the first place. Dunce

I have never, and will never, pay a subcription fee to play a game I've already paid for, but I guess there are plenty of people that will/do.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2013, 11:01.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. removed Aug 20, 2013, 17:10 MajorD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 11:28.

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
14. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 16:14 MajorD

WOW,Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition !!! Rolleyes

I put a lot of hours into BF3, and did enjoy it, but the lack of commander, camo rose, and in game VOIP still stuck in my craw, but it was the lack of support against all the hackers that was the straw that eventually broke the camel's back for me. It was like they took the attitude of, "We made our millions, so deal with it or don't play".

I agree that ARMA 3 deservse more of a look and consideration.....

7. removed Aug 20, 2013, 14:05 MajorD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 11:28.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount
8. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 20, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

Does anyone know if this will go retail, or is going to just digital distribution?

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 20, 2013, 13:10 MajorD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:15:
Get many stupid calls every night. Most medicals are just a $3,000 taxi ride to the mpls hospital. Last week we got a call for "one with tooth pain".

Absurd! They need to start fining people that use 911 for anything outside of what is defined as an emergency, but then again how do you enforce common sense?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Carmack pushing Oculus Rift mobile SDK Aug 20, 2013, 11:17 MajorD

I couldn't help but imagine seeing a bunch of dorks throughout an airport waiting to board their plane while wearing their ORs playing a video game via their mobile devices.

On a serious note, I don't know of any mobile games that would be worth playing on ORs; however, if this proves successful, more developers 'may' adopt the idea.

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
9. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 10:07 MajorD

It is an admirable move, but I too can not see it lasting. I can't help but think there is some loophole or disclaimer somewhere that has not been divulged yet. Sorry to be so skeptical, but this is EA afterall……

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 19:54 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 19:26:
@ Aero. Yeah, I don't even want to drive anymore. I look forward to our self driving robot overlord cars.

I couldn't help it, this was the first thing that came to mind reading your post.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 18:12 MajorD

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:55:
Ugh this is going to go downhill quickly.

LOL! Too funny Verno.......No need for me to finish reading the posts now, so I think I'll stop here......

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
14. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 17:58 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 16:22:
I love it that so many people here have such a possitive attitude toward Amnesia. I, too, found it the scariest game out there. When I describe the game to people, I always tend to start with "Playing that game wasn't like playing a game; it was preparing yourself mentally to survive the experience, and then holding your breath on the edge of your seat until you could take no more."

I'm looking forward to that same ritual again: Starting at night -- always at night! -- with lights out and headset on, reluctantly clicking that .exe in uncomfortable anticipation.

And now we have squeeling swine-men. *gnashing teeth* I hope I can keep my sanity...

LOL! Don't forget to put on your diapers.

I've been wondering if it will be as scary and as intense to play as TDD. But, from the couple videos I've watched, it looks pretty damn scary and intense..... Nervous

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 17:50 MajorD

Fletch wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:50:
....the gamepad control is a bad omen for us bitter PC gamers looking for a good PC FPS with little hand-holding....

Yeah, I was thinking it totally looked like a console/controller demo with the way and how slow the character view was panning.....

News Comments > Thief in February
17. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 13:22 MajorD

I hope I am proved wrong, but the more time that has gone by, and the more I have seen throughout the development cycle, the less excited I have become; just as it was with Aliens: Colonial Marines with me, which unfortunately proved correct. Again, I just hope I am wrong.

Obviously I am a big fan of the originals (T1 & T2), as many others here are, but it seems like the developers are straying away too much from what made T1 & T2 so immersive, enjoyable, and successful. You can have better/updated graphics, etc., but that doesn't make the game better.

Bottom line is that it seems like they ran with their own artistic license (their prerogative of course) and could potentially be tainting the franchise.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
6. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 13:07 MajorD

I was just thinking about this game yesterday wondering when it would finally be released. At this point they should just spend more time polishing it and release it around Halloween.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it......

1410 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo