Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1479 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:46 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 13:28:
...Also glad she has such a caring family to look after her. Not all animals get that, and it makes me want to scream...

Yeah, dogs are so damn loyal and put their life on the line to protect you without any hesitation, so when they're mistreated and abused, it just really saddens me. Dogs are the best!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 12:47 MajorD

Thanks for the update; I'm glad to hear Hudson 'The Wonder Dog' is doing better, that is great news. Have you tried bacon dipped in peanut butter? Winkrazz

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 22:19 MajorD

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:47:
NKD wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:45:
Nearing the end of a Directors Cut playthrough. Well worth the miniscule asking price.

Holy crap, have you been playing around the clock?

Yeah, no doubt! You doing a speed run through? Race

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
10. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2013, 22:16 MajorD

Yeah, totally agree with previous posts; the year's not even over, and it's all just a primer for the Holiday Season. What a bunch of crap!!!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 12:36 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 11:59:
Picked this up for $5
Going to start a new game, been a while since I've played this game.

Yeah, same here. Enjoy.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
2. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 17:47 MajorD

Yes, and you love us, the check is in the mail, and you won't.....

Monetizing wasn’t mentioned in our communications and it was an error on our part to not have clarified the issue.

Interesting, as from what I understand from TB vid from earlier, other less popular channels that had the LPs and monetization weren't taken down.

Still smells...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

Wish you and Hudson the best and sending good juju in from the west.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:49 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:08:
Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

Yeah, it's a joke really; there is no consistency throughout the TSA as a whole, and it desperately needs to be run and managed better. One of many examples: When you're going through security you're checked for sharp objects that can be used as a weapons, but once through, you can find a nice restaurant, order a steak, and get a 'sharp' steak knife to cut it with..........

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:40 MajorD

Great news Blue(s), glad to hear it. Give her a nice pat on her head for me.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 12:08 MajorD

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:41:
Capella wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:21:
That will be a sad day for us all for sure when the time comes. It really is like losing a member of the family. Every time I go through losing a pet I say I am never having another one but always break down and do it again.

It's heartbreaking to lose a pet, but the joy you get out of having one is so much more than worth it. It's a month of grief for the 8-10 years of joy, love and happiness they give you.

@ Capella & Creston: I couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't try.

I have a 12 year old Siberian Husky and a Golden Retriever that is few months away from her 12th year. Late in her 11th year, my Golden is still as eager to play ball now as she was when she was a puppy, but over the past year(+) I've noticed her slowing down with a hiccup in her giddy-up as old age sets in, and it is breaking my heart because I know it will only get worse as time progresses. But man do I love her spirit, as it still doesn't stop her from wanting to fetch that ball. Dogs are so stoic, so you never really know how much pain they are really in.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 11:05 MajorD

Dogs are the best! I'm glad to hear (or see) Hudson is doing better, and wish you and Hudson the best.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
48. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 18, 2013, 10:24 MajorD

MyRealName wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 08:56:
If there are seriously people refusing to even give The Dark Mod a try simply because it's based around fan missions instead of an "official" story arc, I can only strongly assert that they're missing out.

The vast majority of the 1000+ Thief/Thief 2 missions released to date have little to nothing to do with the original story, and I don't mean stinkers -- I'm talking about the highest rated big missions and campaigns. That is in of course in part because fans who can produce such work invariably have creativity and will of their own and want to distinguish their work.

TDM now has something like 70+ maps. A good chunk of them are campaigns and series. It's got more than one story; it's got many! Just like T1/T2 FMs. But I guess if you're not into playing FMs then that's a problem of a different type (not knowing or accepting that a great many of them are better than original missions, and sometimes land the authors in game Dev jobs...)

Anyway. You're missing out!

I was hesitant about playing TDM FMs, but once I gave them a try, I was pleasantly surprised how good they actually were/are. Granted, some are better than others, but overall, I like what I've experienced so far.....quite impressed actually.

28. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 13:28 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:17:
For those wanting to get classic Thief joneses, try The Dark Mod, a free, standalone Thief mod of the Doom 3 engine.

NICE! It has been a while since I have toyed around with this mod, but it looks to have made great strides since. This team is awesome and I am glad they are still going strong.

Wow, it HAS been a while since I've messed with The Dark Mod, as it is it's own stand alone game as of recent and no longer requires Doom 3 to play it. Check out the video, "What is The Dark Mod?" I know what I'll be doing after work today. ;-)

For those Thief 1/Gold fans, a forthcoming HD texture mod is shaping up nicely, and tentatively due to release this December, is Thief Gold HD Texture mod.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 13:41.

4. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 09:25 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:17:
Just give me a goddamn jump button, and I'll give it a chance...

Yeah, that has to be 'one' of the more bigger bonehead moves!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
35. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 19:24 MajorD

1badmf wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 18:56:
MajorD wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 18:13:
nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:15:
From bookface:

Amazon Video Games
For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle—don’t worry—you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate. We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more.

Grin....I'm sure everyone is glad they posted that useful tid bit of information, as I thought for sure they would delay shipment of the PS4 until Watch Dogs was ready to ship. Wall

and why would they do that? they have stocks of ps4s, they have orders in hand for them. just ship. it would be monumentally boneheaded of them to just sit on a stack of consoles for six months waiting for a game. and amazon is the least boneheaded of any major corp that i can think of.

I was being sarcastic....... Wall

31. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 18:13 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:15:
From bookface:

Amazon Video Games
For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle—don’t worry—you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate. We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more.

Grin....I'm sure everyone is glad they posted that useful tid bit of information, as I thought for sure they would delay shipment of the PS4 until Watch Dogs was ready to ship. Wall

30. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 18:07 MajorD

Hopefully they’ll use that extra time to add a key toggle for 1st person/3rd person - ala Fallout 3 - and I’ll be all over this. I’m no programmer, but I wouldn’t think that would be too difficult to implement, would it?

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Chronicles Pack Released
5. Re: Metro: Last Light Chronicles Pack Released Oct 15, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:03:
What we need now is a complete edition of the game and a sale, and I will be all over this!

X2

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 14:16 MajorD

Okay, so The Walking Dead's 'Season Premier' kicked off last night; other than some of the cheesy dialogue in the beginning of the episode, it wasn't too bad.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 11:54 MajorD

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:38:
Schools are in session, at least here in Oklahoma. Just about the only places that are closed are the friggin' banks.

And most of the government sectors are shut down too in observance of Columbus Day.....oh wait..............

1479 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo