Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1482 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Thief HD Texture Mod Dec 13, 2013, 11:23 MajorD

For all you Taffers out there that are Thief fans (Thief/Gold & Thief 2), there is an awesome HD Texture mod by Bentraxx that was released for Thief 1 and Thief Gold earlier this week. I have been running/playing for the past couple of days now; it is 'very' impressive so far and definitely worth checking out. I never thought the dark engine could look so good....I can't recommend this mod enough.

You can find it here on the Moddb sight. The are some good installation instructions/recommendations in the threads on the pertinent Moddb page too.

Enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
225. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 17:35 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 14:01:
True, anyone could, but there is a HUGE difference between extemporaneous acts and premeditated ones.

It's not like the Boston bombers didn't plan it out ahead of time. McVeigh? Kaczynski? Bin Laden?

They just use tragedy as an excuse to push their agendas, much like politicians.

That is where we agree.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression you and Verno think I am all for carte blanche wiretapping and spying, which I'm not, as that is why I pointed out there is a fine line of too much and/or too little. Where are the checks and balances is the problem.

207. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 11:28 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 02:00:
MajorD wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 22:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 21:34:
On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

And that's where the double edge sword comes in to play. So, what do you propose as an alternative to track and thwart terrorists, as any 'American Citizen' can easily be a sleeper cell?

There is no alternative. Jesus Christ, I could wake up tomorrow, decide I hate everyone and go shoot the fuck out of a crowded mall during the holiday rush. How the fuck could anyone foresee or prevent that? They CAN'T. That's the key.

True, anyone could, but there is a HUGE difference between extemporaneous acts and premeditated ones.

YOU CANNOT PREVENT SHIT FROM HAPPENING. Period. End of story. All their fucking spying and Newtown, Aurora, Boston, Benghazi - none of it has been stopped. But hey, if we hadn't let the CIA loose we would have prevented 9/11 (Osama, trained by the CIA), Iraq (Husein, helped to power by the CIA to oppose the Iranians), Cuban Missile Crisis (Castro, again helped to power by the CIA), and many other tragedies. Not to mention we wouldn't be the most hated country on the planet.

No, they can't prevent EVERY single threat/attempt, but do you realize how many threats they have thwarted that we don't even know about, which enables us to sleep at night?

190. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 22:42 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 21:34:
On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

And that's where the double edge sword comes in to play. So, what do you propose as an alternative to track and thwart terrorists, as any 'American Citizen' can easily be a sleeper cell?

182. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 20:40 MajorD

Conspiracy theories are fun and easy to get caught up in, but keep things in perspective here. Now, I don’t put anything past ‘anyone’, or our Government for that matter, but all you 911 Conspiracy Theorists really think something of this magnitude could REALLY be contained, especially with how tenacious reporters/agencies are? Do you REALLY think if Popular Mechanics could have verified any thread of evidence the WTC collapsed from anything other than jet fuel/fire/heat, they would have reported otherwise?

Yeah, and Elvis and Jim Morrison aren't dead either; they're roommates in an apartment in Helsinki!

In regards to NSA’s ‘Game Spying’, why wouldn’t they? It’s another covert means for terrorists to communicate! So should the NSA NOT be able to conduct surveillance on any/all avenues of communication? The US Government does so much, beyond our imaginations, to keep the country and its citizens safe through wiretapping, communications monitoring, etc, but it is so easy for people to cry, “No more, it’s an invasion of our privacy”, but then they those same people can roll over and easily sleep at night. Unbelievable!

For me it is a fine line, because how much surveillance is too much, but how much is too little? Part of me says, “I don’t give a flying F#@K if they listen in on my conversations, as I don’t have anything to hide”, but the other part of me wonders, “Who is it that is listening to my communications and what are they doing with it; where are the checks and balances?” You can’t have your cake it eat it too, so I’ll just sleep soundly at night with mine next to me.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Dec 7, 2013, 01:05 MajorD

<Scratching Head> All those customizations, but I didn't see one for, "Free Jump: On/Off"

News Comments > More Survivor 2299 Teasing
12. Re: More Survivor 2299 Teasing Dec 6, 2013, 12:11 MajorD

Task wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 11:36:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 09:43:
I will go on record right now and say that I don't think this is even an official marketing thing. It's just somebody messing with the Internet.

I'm with you on this. Someone is just being clever.

Betheseda already confirmed they have nothing to do with this. They said so themselves, as users have contacted them about it. They flat out said, "Nope, not us."

So either they bold face lied or they really have nothing to do with this. And why would they need to lie? All they would have to say, "can not confirm or deny Fallout 4."

Well, we'll all find out if it is a hoax in less than 5.5 days.

News Comments > More Survivor 2299 Teasing
7. Re: More Survivor 2299 Teasing Dec 6, 2013, 10:57 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 10:28:
Marketing. Marketing never changes.

Nicely done Mr. Cutter. I can actually hear Ron Perlman saying that in my head.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 12:42 MajorD

Julio wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 12:15:
MajorD wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 11:39:
A friend of mine up in the NorthWest has been going through the process of cutting the cord to where he is now down to the most basic cable package with Cox and watching most of his TV shows via Netflix streaming. He then noticed at certain times of the day the HD quality would drop to very low quality, so he started experimenting and researching it. Come to find out Cox is throttling the incoming bandwidth from Netflix. He did a speed test w/o Netflix, and then with streaming Netflix, which confirmed all the complaints and findings on the forums.

So, all these F'ing companies that have been allowed to grow too big and powerful are doing whatever they can to thwart any move that will hurt their sales.

I believe a VPN service may solve his throttling issues.

I recommended the same thing, but that only helps at the backend - from Cox to him. The bandwidth throttling is controlled by Cox at the frontend once it is identified coming in from Netflix's servers, so VPN wouldn't do any good.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
40. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 11:51 MajorD

Verno wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 10:22:
The real issue with this crap is that it begs the question why we needed BF4 at all. BF3 really just hit its content maturity point this year. Why does BF need a 2 year cycle? This doesn't seem to be helping the product.

And that is exactly why I voted with my wallet and didn't buy it. I had a lot of fun with BF3 when they finally ironed out all the issues and it finally matured to the point of an 'almost' polished game. Now we all have to pay out money again to go through all the BS again? No thanks......

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 11:39 MajorD

A friend of mine up in the NorthWest has been going through the process of cutting the cord to where he is now down to the most basic cable package with Cox and watching most of his TV shows via Netflix streaming. He then noticed at certain times of the day the HD quality would drop to very low quality, so he started experimenting and researching it. Come to find out Cox is throttling the incoming bandwidth from Netflix. He did a speed test w/o Netflix, and then with streaming Netflix, which confirmed all the complaints and findings on the forums.

So, all these F'ing companies that have been allowed to grow too big and powerful are doing whatever they can to thwart any move that will hurt their sales.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Next-gen USB connector will (finally!) fit both ways Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 MajorD

I don't drink the Cool Aid Apple Juice, but Apple always seemed to be one step ahead with this: FireWire, Xfer speed, lightning connector, etc.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Hot Fix
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Hot Fix Dec 5, 2013, 11:06 MajorD

I haven't noticed too much hype and bragging on record sales this time around. They claim $1 billion sold on day one, but that was a skewed number, as it was units sold to the retailers/shelves, not units directly purchased by consumers.

Has CoD finally burning out with the SOS? /shrug

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
5. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 20:07 MajorD

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this post.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
2. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 11:49 MajorD

Impressive!

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
5. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 10:27 MajorD

NO regrets not buying this. I may pick it up some day, but I'm not sure yet.

News Comments > China Rises for BF4 Premium Members
7. Re: China Rises for BF4 Premium Members Dec 3, 2013, 16:25 MajorD

NeOCidE wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:20:
How about they fix the sodding core game first? I've heard/seen some pretty bad bugs that shouldn't of made release...like I don't know.....maps crashing!

BF3 All over again, which is why I haven't purchased it (BF4) yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $29.99 Dec 3, 2013, 15:55 MajorD

For those of you holding out for a decent sale on Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Amazon has it on sale for $29.99 (PC, XBox 360, and PS3) for the next 9 hours and 50 minutes.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: PC Gaming Alliance plans March launch for certification program Dec 3, 2013, 13:01 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:47:
MajorD wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:45:
If part of their certification program was to prevent PC games from becoming bastardized console ports, than I'm all for it.

I would say that if anything, it's the opposite. "Hey, you know how you pay those awesome certification fees to Sony and Microsoft? Well, we're introducing those to the PC too!"

Please, every single individual in the PC gaming world, ignore Matt Ployhar and his fucking bullshit.

Grin....one can only hope, and dream for that matter. Wink

News Comments > Survivor 2299: "Nuclear winter has come"
7. Re: Survivor 2299: Dec 3, 2013, 12:59 MajorD

@ Silicon Avatar: Thanks for that information. This has got me drooling for more Fallout!

1482 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo