Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1349 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
18. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:00 MajorD

It will be available soon as a free stand-alone operating system for living room machines.

Will the box (living room machine) be the next detailed 'planned announcement'? And what, Half-Life 3 'planned announcement' #3? 3 and 3, it makes sense, but yeah I know, wishful thinking.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 12:18 MajorD

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:59:
MajorD wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:57:
I've never played a GTA game <gasps>, but when I was watching Breaking Bad list night I saw an advertisement for GTA5 that peaked my interest, but was only left with disappointment when I learned it was for Consoles only.

Any rumors of it eventually being released for PC?

No, none whatsoever.

Should we just start one then? Grin

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 11:57 MajorD

I've never played a GTA game <gasps>, but when I was watching Breaking Bad list night I saw an advertisement for GTA5 that peaked my interest, but was only left with disappointment when I learned it was for Consoles only.

Any rumors of it eventually being released for PC?

News Comments > Alien Rage Trailer
1. Re: Alien Rage Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 11:45 MajorD

Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but it looks like a reboot of UT all over again. Granted it is the Unreal Engine……..

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 14:13 MajorD

wraithnix wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 12:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 11:47:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:35:
My health care is perfectly fine too. It's of our nationalized health system too. I work, but our system covers everyone.

I don't think our country is going bankrupt over it either, in fact, good all round health care for all helps a countries GDP if you want to look at it in such crude ways.

I see you anit sure cos you have no idea what will happen, but I don't see giving everyone medical help is a bad thing.

Healthcare premiums have tripled in the last year. Thank you Obamacare. They've gone up every year since 2003, since some facets of Obamacare are already in effect, it's only going to get worse on that front.

He eliminated the one option that would have made sense, single payer.

We already do give everyone medical help, you can't turn away a sick person simply due to not having insurance.

If I lived in a country with universal healthcare, I could have had the problem fixed, right away, and wouldn't have to deal with this stuff now.

Eventually you would have had the problem fixed under Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, but certainly not right away; however, I'm sure if you were here illegally (without insurance), you wouldn’t have had any problems receiving the necessary medical care.

In regards to Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, it isn’t all that sun shinny and rosy, as it certainly has its pros and cons. Pros: Everyone’s covered. Cons: 1) Everyone’s covered whether or not the pay into it/their share. 2) Fewer doctors will be motivated to specialize, as there will be less incentive for them to do so. 3) Potential of the quality of health care decreasing, as the quantity increases. 4) Patients will have to wait forever to get surgery if they do need it. Maybe some of the Canadian BN posters here can attest to this.

Yes, our current health care system is broken in places, but Obamacare certainly isn’t the answer; it would be a mistake!

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 14:18.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 10:57 MajorD

Yesterday we acheived reinforcing we are complete JackHoles, but today we just wanted to be sure and confirm that for everyone.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 13:27 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:21:
...it takes some real effort to be offended by stuff, or you can just let it slide and save your energy for stuff that really matters.

BINGO!

Yes, sometimes things are said off the cuff, at the wrong time, and/or shouldn’t be said at all, but making a mountain out of a molehill and perpetuating isn’t any better. It has gotten so out of hand to the point of ridiculous, along with political correctness. Everything seems to be about ‘the drama’ these days, so all the drama whores will do anything to create and/or feed off of the drama. Sorry, but there are much more constructive things to worry about and do……

News Comments > Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors
14. Re: Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors Sep 18, 2013, 14:37 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:10:
people point out that iD hasn't been the same since Romero left.

Yeah, it makes you wonder the quality of games & other game titles id Software would have made, and where the company would be today if John wasn't such a screw off and forced out of the company.

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
16. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 18, 2013, 10:22 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 04:17:
MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 20:24:
Speaking of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, who has played Outlast? I'm curious how it compares to Amnesia TDD

Outlast is a great and scary game and you'll love it if you loved Amnesia. Imo it's definitely NOT scarier than Amnesia 2, which some people have been saying. Like Amnesia 1, Amnesia 2 has a very discomforting feel about it that really makes you not wanna play the game. Ironically, that's exactly what makes the Amnesia games the best horror survival games out there.

Cool, thanks Quinn, much appreciated. I’m maybe a 1/2 hour into AMFP, but certainly not far enough long to formulate an opinion as to how it compares to TDD. Once I finish AMFP, I’ll grab a copy of Outlast. Thanks again…..

14. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 20:24 MajorD

Speaking of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, who has played Outlast? I'm curious how it compares to Amnesia TDD

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
17. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 12:32 MajorD

Jackplug wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 12:01:
Its about time they allowed the community create better maps. Instead we get the same old shit!

GASP! And deny them all that money they can make from spitting out inferior DLC/maps that people will continue to lap up?

1. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 12:24 MajorD

DOH! While watching the video I said to myself, "This looks a lot like a Resident Evil game", and then came to realize it is the works of Shiniji Mikami.....

I REALLY wish game developers would start incorporating the ability to switch back and forth between the first person perspective and third person perspective more....a la Fallout 3. Would it really be that difficult to do?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
14. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 MajorD

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:24:
off topic but just came across a fox news bit that is pretty amazing:
this game will surely create a bunch of mass murderers in the USA

[url=http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/fox-news-hasselbeck-navy-yard-shooting-shows-need-for-video-game-registry-not-gun-control/]Fox news vid clip on video games[url]

That report could not have been more moronic! Yeah, purchases of violent action movie DVDs should be tracked too. /head shake

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 11:00 MajorD

Typically a TV Series' writing starts becoming weak in its last season or two leading up to it's cancelation, but Breaking Bad's writing and directing has pretty much held strong throughout, and this final season is certainly no exception! Yes, there have been a few lows with some episodes here and there, but overall the show's writing and directing has been consistent.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 22:17 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 13:14:
Black Friday for PC gamers. Thanks for nothing MS you traitorous fucks. I hope that your next Shitbox fails like you fail at just about everything you have touched in the last few years. That Heavy Rain bit speaks volumes about your lack of vision and brains too. Fuck yourselves and your shitty Halo which is all you lamers got. Buttfucks.

How do you REALLY feel about it?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 10:33 MajorD

Here, if you show up to court and the ticketing Officer isn't present, it will be dismissed; however, if they do show, then you have a chance of getting it knocked down a bit. I've had the luck of the prior for excessive speeding. Whew

This was years ago, so I don't know if that has changed or not....

News Comments > Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields
6. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:06:

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal.

I totally agree. The first time I played a non-HC server with some friends that wanted jump in and play, it was the last time. Everyone becomes bullet sponges, there is no intensity, and just seems flat. Yeah, HC is the only way to play in IMO as well.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty
4. Re: Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty Aug 28, 2013, 10:13 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 08:42:
"The cadence of the releases seems to have found a nice equilibrium with people's appetite,"

IE "people keep buying this shit, so it keeps coming out." Kinda hard to argue with that...

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. If they continue to make millions and millions from people buying/playing the SOS, then why wouldn't keep feeding the machine?

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction
3. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:57 MajorD

I don't know, I have very little confidence in this new game, or Splash Damage for that matter, after BRINK. I hope the game is a success and everyone is proved wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.....

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 17:16 MajorD

Brazor wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:48:
Makes me wonder though. Did the console market do this? Did it really pull "that" many people away to justify slowing down the chain?

It's not so much that, but more because of games are being developed within the limited capabilities of the console hardware now. When it was still all about PC Gaming, developers pushed the envelope of the hardware capabilities more and more with every new game/engine being released, which forced them to work closer to the hardware developers, especially the nVidias and ATIs of the hardware world; it was more push/pull back then. But since most developers seem to now develop to the console, and then port to the PC, there is no need to upgrade PCs as often, which is truly bitter-sweet. That’s how I see it anyway……..

The only recent game releases that really still tax my system are ARMA 2 & 3 (although ARMA 2 isn’t so recent anymore), Metro 2033, and Crysis – all three fully maxed out. Other than those, I don’t really know of any recent game I own that does tax my system and/or that requires me to upgrade anytime soon.

1349 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo