Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1482 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
2. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:08 MajorD

Is it me, or does "HD" seem to be the latest buzz word/marketing gimmick for gaming?

I agree with MoreLuckThanSkill, HD doesn't seem to have improved the visual quality of the game a whole lot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IGF Finalists Offered Steam Greenlights
5. Re: IGF Finalists Offered Steam Greenlights Jan 21, 2014, 09:13 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 20:35:
23 finalists? Who wins overall though? MORTAL KOMBAT!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2014, 12:08 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 11:13:
MajorD wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 09:32:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 15:55:
And just look at the PC Gamer - Games of 2014 list that's coming. Man, I just saw at least 2 dozen that I want now.

Maybe I completely missed it, but they forgot Legend of Grimrock 2 on that list. Maybe it is there, as I did browse through the list a bit quickly.

Holy crap, that list is ridiculous. After I'd seen about 80 games, I realized I was still on page 2!

LOL! Yeah, I thought the same thing. Too many games, so little time.....

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2014, 09:32 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 15:55:
And just look at the PC Gamer - Games of 2014 list that's coming. Man, I just saw at least 2 dozen that I want now.

Maybe I completely missed it, but they forgot Legend of Grimrock 2 on that list. Maybe it is there, as I did browse through the list a bit quickly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: airpocalypse! Jan 16, 2014, 22:13 MajorD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 22:03:
In 2 biz trips to Los Angeles over a period of 2 months (extended stays), I got sicker than hell from the daily fallout. I accidentally left my car on the street overnight after paying $30.00 for a car wash - was a very noticeable film and grains on the vehicle in the AM. Looks like a mixture of dirt, dust, and pepper.....disgusting.

Nasty! Were you close to LAX? I just wonder if it was a thicker than normal residue layer due to being closer to airport and under jet paths....

18. Re: airpocalypse! Jan 16, 2014, 19:41 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 16:44:
harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:21:
On Wednesday night, the United States Embassy in Beijing began sending out online warnings that the air quality level had gone above 500, the upper limit of the measurement scale, and was now “beyond index” (or “crazy bad,” as one embassy employee had written on an official embassy Twitter account several years ago.) It stayed at that level until Thursday, when it dipped to “hazardous” from “beyond index.” Hazardous means an air quality index above 300, at which point the concentration of fine particulate matter in the air is many times the exposure limit recommended by the World Health Organization. American health officials say a hazardous rating means people should avoid venturing outdoors.

Well sounds like the Chinese gubment does have a plan to cull their population after all.

When I was there on business back in the early 2000s, I had flown into Beijing from Shanghai and could see the brown haze all around. Walking around there was the industrial stench in the air and my eyes burned/watered (no exaggeration) the whole time I was there from very poor air quality. Luckily I was only there for less than two days......

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 14:41 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:54:
Does anyone else getting some problems when trying to access Blues?
I am not sure if the website was down this morning or was it my internet connection at work, but I couldn't access the site for about an hour today and pretty much most of the morning yesterday.

No issues here today so far, of for quite some time; maybe I dodged the 'potential' down times.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 12:20 MajorD

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 11:47:
That Husky could literally be my eldest as she had similar reactions when we were trying to crate train her as a pup. We eventually gave up, but made sure she had to eat her food and treats in her crate and after a few weeks she eventually saw the crate as hers and would sleep in it no problem when we went out.

One of my dogs is a Husky; they certainly are headstrong and defiant to the end, but sweethearts. Definitely talkers too. She was a challenge in puppyhood, but grew up into an awesome dog. 12 years old now and looking/doing great.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Jan 15, 2014, 20:50 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 19:16:
Welp, I got Thief as part of the AMD promotion so I'm curious how Tango Uniform, FUBAR, SNAFU it'll be.

I'm certainly in no hurry to go out and get it based on game scope and design decisions thus far, but in the end maybe we'll all be surprised.

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
15. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 12:47 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:30:
7D2D is more fun than almost all finished games I've played. Bottom line.

Agreed. I am having a blast with 7DTD, and for being in Alpha (5), it is pretty well polished already.

As I've posted before, purchasing a game still in alpha is essentially the same as a kick starter, except you get to play the game and potentially be part of the development/improvement cycle. I don't have an issue with occasionally doing this for Indies on a game that I am interested in, but would never do it for big publishers. Ironically, big developers are releasing games in their beta stage as it is, but passing them off as 'finished' games.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 12:54.

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
3. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 14, 2014, 11:08 MajorD

Double post.....sorry.  

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
2. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 14, 2014, 11:05 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 10:33:

So they just took the Tank gameplay mechanic and rolled with it??

I thought the same thing upon reading this.

InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 10:33:
I would have a loved a new (not Zombie) game in the same vein of L4D but 4vs1 seems kind of crap, at least on paper.

Agreed.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 15:22 MajorD

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 15:13:
As for Rust, I was looking in to it but when I laid it all out, it's really only half of what I was looking for when comparing to 7DTD. The buildings look smoother but without any form of terrain deformation (that I saw), it just didn't tickle me the right way.

You are correct, at this stage of development there is no terrain deformation in RUST like there is in 7DTD, and I will take an educated guess there won't be any either as compared to 7DTD. The environment is 7DTD is much more interactive, and for what it does, the graphics aren't all that bad either. Again, both are fun in their own right.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 15:12 MajorD

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 13:43:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that non-finished games make up half the chart?

Yes and no. "Yes" if it becomes the norm, but "no" if I know it is an Indie developer that I am helping with cash flow in order to continue with the development of a game that already has a solid core and has a lot of potential. My only concern is if they don't complete the game as originally intended and you don't end up with what was promised. In some sense it's not too different from a kickstarter.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 13:36 MajorD

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 12:50:
I bought 7 Days to Die out on a whim. It's fun but it's plagued by online connectivity issues which makes hosting a public game a pain in the ass. Also, the current world is much too small and, without any kind of random map generation, makes the game far too predictable in regards to construction and survival.

It's definitely an Alpha title, so I got what I paid for but it's easy to see what kind of potential this game will have once they open up the world, bring in random generation, introduce more crafting materials and give the tools to the Steam community. Most of which is coming in the soon-to-be-released Alpha 6 update.

Yeah, agree with your comments. I have been playing most/all standalone to experiment with different stuff and learn and I am having a blast with it. I'm looking forward to Alpha 6 release. There is a lot of potential here no doubt, but for an alpha it is much more polished than RUST. As far as RUST goes, it is fun too, and granted it is still in Alpha as well, but there is still a long way to go with that game. Both are fun in their own way and I am enjoying them both, but mostly 7DTD.....probably because the crafting system/UI is better at this stage and resources are more/easily available which opens up more things to craft. I'm surprised RUST is doing better than 7DTD IMHO.

As far as DayZ SA goes, I was gifted that, so of course I put some time into it, but I wish the graphics were better optimized at this stage, as it is too sluggish and like playing in molasses sometimes, which becomes aggravating after a while. I just don't see DayZ SA becoming more interactive than it is now (i.e. opening cabinets, closets, etc.), which is a shame, but I could be completely wrong. I understand it is still in Alpha, and will be for a while, but they obviously have a lot of work to do, as it is still 'very' clunky.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2014, 13:43.

28. Re: That final Saints play Jan 12, 2014, 11:11 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 23:31:
I mean... what? The guy genuinely thought that doing a lateral pass was a better option than stepping out of bounds and giving Brees a final throw into the end zone?

Yeah, that one left me scratching my head too.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2014, 12:46 MajorD

Go SAINTS!!!

Hopefully they don't get their asses handed to them again, it was a lesson learned, and they're out for serious vengeance. Regardless, it's still going to be a tough game for them. I just hope it is a good and close one.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 11, 2014, 12:45 MajorD

harlock wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 12:37:
who cares

survarium-interview-the-devs-talk-about-stalkers-spiritual-mmo-sequel/

Looks interesting with potential. But as a Free-To-Play with the option of 'Premium Accounts' may be its downfall, unless it is executed correctly.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2014, 12:22 MajorD

Happy Birthday Ant! Cake Beer Cheers

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 MajorD

Brewed up 3 batches of beer over the holidays (all grain), two of which I have to bottle this weekend, which is my least favorite step, but it is always more tolerable drinking a previous homebrew and a friend to help.

Any home brewers here at BN?

1482 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo