Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1410 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Top 5 Worst Gaming Accessories Nov 25, 2013, 09:34 MajorD

The LaserScope headset review was freaking hilarious, especially because of the way it was advertised on the box.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 09:21 MajorD

Peace be with you and your family Blue during these difficult times. May the wonderful memories of them bring you comfort and peace.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 11:17 MajorD

Oh Blue....I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Hudson.

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
52. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 23, 2013, 00:17 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 22:07:
MajorD, thanks for the info! I'll do what you suggested and try to join the fray! If that doesn't help and I'm on my own I'll definitely email you! This won't happen untill somewhere next week -- responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed

Sounds good.

...responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed . Yeah, it's bitter sweet, isn't it.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 22:21 MajorD

Fantaz wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 22:16:
Parias wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 22:06:
[..]

djinn wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 21:19:
Time machine activated...

http://web.archive.org/web/19961226231646/http://bluesnews.com/

Oh wow, aside from the Carmack update there is even some news on Team Fortress in there

Oh man! This is fantastic.

[..]

Threewave still lives...

http://www.threewavesoftware.com/

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
19. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 22, 2013, 21:42 MajorD

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 20:34:
John Carmack, over hyped.

That is a knee-jerk ignorant comment. John Carmack essentially pioneered 3D/FPS gaming as we know it today, and was very adamant about sharing his code/technology for everyone to build upon…and wow, look where FPS gaming is today. So, show some respect!

I’m excited to see his work and influence with Oculus Rift.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 14:15 MajorD

Blue, sorry to hear of your and your families loss. Peace be with you.

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
41. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

I wanted to see/verify a few things in RAGE, so I went to fire it up and was prompted with an option to run an unsupported 64bit version. So I figured I would give it a whirl; the game launched, ran through the initial intro movie, and then the screen went black for a few minutes until it finally started the game. No difference; still ugly low res textures and pop-in textures.......There was hope, but I'm not surprised.

RAGE is a groundbreaking first-person shooter... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

...and jaw-dropping graphics powered by id’s revolutionary id Tech® 5 technology Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

...RAGE promises an experience like no other. Confused

WTF are they smoking???

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2013, 13:30.

50. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 22, 2013, 10:49 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 18:16:
Just bought Arma II: the complete package for 8 dollars. I know I'm very late at the party I should've asked this before buying the sale but.. Are people still playing that DayZ mod? I'm dying to give it a shot!

Well I'm late to the party with an answer for you. You'll still find people playing, but if I can recommend one thing for you, it is downloading and installing DayZ Commander if you haven't already, as it makes things so much easier: Updating ARMA II, Updating DayZ, downloading new maps, downloading sub-mods, etc.

I haven't played I a while, so if you need someone to cover your back, shoot me an eMail from my profile.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2013, 12:17.

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
36. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 10:34 MajorD

RAGE is a groundbreaking first-person shooter... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

...and jaw-dropping graphics powered by id’s revolutionary id Tech® 5 technology Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

...RAGE promises an experience like no other. Confused

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 21, 2013, 11:34 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 10:40:
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't get it, but still disappointed how it's doing, out of the gate.

Yeah, it is too bad it was/is such a mess at launch. I was considering getting this game, but I am glad I stuck to my guns on waiting for reviews first! Ever since BRINK, and then RAGE, I told myself NO MORE 'day one launch purchases', and I have stuck to that without any regrets whatsoever. Now, I just smile to myself when games continue to NOT live up to all their hype, which seems to be more and more...

Besides, I have plenty of other games sitting on my shelf that I need to go back and finish, or start and finish for that matter, which I started to do some time ago and has been working out nicely so far. I have an ongoing list of games I've been interested in, then after a year or so I grab them off of Amazon at a fraction of the cost ($20.00 and LESS vs. $49.00 to $59.00). This formula works well with SP games, which I play much more of than MP games. So, with MP games I just wait until most of the post release QA testing and fixing has been done, thanks to all those who purchase the broken games on release day. I’m still waiting for BF4 for example, as from what I have read that game still has a considerable amount of bugs and issues that need to be fixed. Maybe if Santa Clause gives it to me for Christmas, most of the bugs and issues will be fixed by then.

I guess all that can be considered voting with my wallet….

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
28. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 14:43 MajorD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:15:
It's like complaining that your Triumph or MG keeps breaking down. Duh, look at the manufacturer. What'd you honestly expect?

LOL! Oh boy, I had a 68 MG(B) in high school, and yeah, those Lucas electronics caused a lot of mysterious electronic voodoo breakdowns. It was a fun car, but it forced me to quickly learn a lot about cars. Good times....

Oh yeah, this is an X Rebirth thread.....carry on....

21. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 20:01 MajorD

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:00:
The animation system is still just bleh.
Don't get me wrong the idea I love, but by the time this comes out in 2014-15, the game is going to be so dated that it'll be left in the dust. At this point why not take what they have done and use the ARMA 3 engine?

Yeah, I'm with you. I put a lot of hours into the mod and was pumped for this stand alone game, but that interest has become less and less the more time goes on. The Zombie craze already reached its pinnacle a while ago, so unless they release this sooner than later, it will not do as well as it potentially could.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we're all WOWed, and that they do well with the game, but I have a feeling it is not going to do as well as it could have if released a year ago. I do realize it is still Alpha footage, etc., but it only looks like they have been enhancing the UI, menu systems, some of the graphics, and added some new animations (kind of clunky); however, the game overall still looks as clunky as it did in its mod stage.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2013, 20:13.

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
29. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 12:23 MajorD

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:05:
MajorD wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:49:
@PsychoMoggieBagpuss: Thank you, much appreciated. Thumbsup

You're welcome!

Something to tide you by while you download

Thief
System Shock 2

Obviously you'll want to grab the latest SHTUP and rebirth mods for SS2, the first provides higher res texture, the second high res enemy models. Can get those here , some other good mods and that over at https://www.systemshock.org/ as well (for both SS and thief).

I'm sure you've seen this HD Texture mod for Thief Gold that is in the works, which is shaping up nicely. But anyone that is a hardcore purest may not like the artistic license the mod author ran with on the textures. I'm looking forward to checking this out; it is scheduled to be released December 9th

9. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 10:49 MajorD

@PsychoMoggieBagpuss: Thank you, much appreciated. Thumbsup

7. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 10:16 MajorD

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:06:
At least I can content myself replaying the glory that was the original T1 and T2 (and SS2!) in high res goodness thanks to that unofficial patch that came out in September 2012.

Did I miss this one? Please share a link to this 'high res goodness unofficial patch' you speak of you Taffer. Wink

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 10:08 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:53:
We might as well continue the discussion from the previous thread here. Bring on the impressions people, reviews, as always completely objective stuff....

Agreed. I'm ready.

2. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 09:58 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:51:
I'm not sure what worries me more: The radical redesign of Thief that included stuff like this, or the fact that certain items like this are being redesigned when they're at something like 3 months from shipping...

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them listening to feedback, but it still worries me...

True, it is bitter-sweet. This late in the development it is obviously too late to add jump and change their lazy level/map designs to accommodate it.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 19:49 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 19:10:
MajorD wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:14:
Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:43:
MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:06:
This will be a totally new style of game for me, so I'm really curious about the learning curve.

Ah, yes, learning curve....well, picture, if you will, Tiger Woods with a 9-iron. See how after he hits the ball, it curves back down to the ground 150 yards out? There you go. Enjoy! *walks away*
=-Rigs-=

Goodluck Which me luck.

Salute I think you'll enjoy it, just give it a chance and don't go in negative and you shouldn't have a problem. And if you have questions, just ask, one of us will probably know the answer...

=-Rigs-=

Cool! Much appreciated. The exploring and learning will all part of the fun I'm sure.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 18:14 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:43:
MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:06:
This will be a totally new style of game for me, so I'm really curious about the learning curve.

Ah, yes, learning curve....well, picture, if you will, Tiger Woods with a 9-iron. See how after he hits the ball, it curves back down to the ground 150 yards out? There you go. Enjoy! *walks away*
=-Rigs-=

Goodluck Which me luck.

1410 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo