Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1479 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: Battlefield 4 "Exceedingly Successful;" Complaints Are "Noise"
2. Re: EA: Battlefield 4 Feb 12, 2014, 09:29 MajorD

Not from what I've been seeing and reading.

EA, who you trying to convince, us or yourselves?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Trailer
24. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 17:09 MajorD

runnerct32 wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 16:28:
I thought this was the 4th thief game? Why do they say it's the 3rd?

Because 'Thief: Deadly Shadows' didn't stay true to the series, so it doesn't count. Some people liked DS, most didn't. Depending how this new Thief pans out, it may end up not counting as 3rd or 4th installment.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
6. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 13:22 MajorD

Task wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 13:20:
So I was playing Thief 1 Gold during the past weekend, beat the first mission on Expert. Felt good man, felt good.

I'm up to and just started 'Mage Towers' over the weekend. Been doing this play through with HD Texture mod.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer
1. Re: Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 11:45 MajorD

I wasn't very impressed with the 'Dead Island' series. It did have a lot of strengths, but overall the game was pretty weak IMHO; however, it looks like they are really striving to improve upon things in Dying Light. Been keeping an eye on this one....

Chrome Engine 6 is looking good too, but we'll have to wait and see if it is still quirky/buggy/clunky.

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
14. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 11:41 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:27:
Linksil wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:22:
I can even see them going DOTA2 route and being F2P with just having to buy lots of extra hunters/monsters.

That was my thought as well. Give it away for free/cheap and then DLC the fuck out of it...

Kind of like 'the free fish' scenario.

5. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 10:23 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 10:14:
Yeah this could be tons of fun. One thing to consider though, (its mentioned in an off-hand way in the RPS preview) apparently there are hints the game will feature tons of DLC in the guise of 'new' monsters and hunters...

To me this sounds like a potential recipe for disaster...

Good to know. Now that you mention that, they mention fighting 'a' monster in YouTube video description. If they use that whole DLC money grab, I agree that is a potential recipe for disaster, and would be a no interest for me.

3. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 10:07 MajorD

Yeah, X3 on being disappointed there was no gameplay, but it does look like the potential is there to be a lot of fun. I guess it is using the 4th generation of the CryEngine too. Look forward to seeing some actual game play though.....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: True Detective Feb 10, 2014, 18:14 MajorD

Capella wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 17:30:
If you are not watching True Detective on HBO you should be! Damn what an awesome episode last night!!

I've been enjoying it as well. A couple/few scenes with Matthew McConaughey were a bit self-indulgent, but it is a really good series so far.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2014, 14:37 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:39:
Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:07:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:12:
I've had coloured keyboards but I've found only the red led isn't distracting and helps. Seeing as I always eat and drink at my keyboard I destroy them pretty fast so now silicone covers are far more important to me.

Makes sense. There's a reason cockpits have red lighting - your eyes have more red cones and can therefore see better in less red light. In order to see well in blue light, it needs to be brighter and will blow out your night vision.

Part of the reason why I hate the damn blue LEDs on everything. Yeah, I like blue much more than red, but in the dark those blue LEDs are blinding.

Heh, the stereo I put in my Jeep has two light modes - Red and Blue. I never use the blue because it's absolutely blinding at night. On a CAR stereo. Hello, genius designer, what was the point of including the blue LEDs? Oh, they're more visible in the day. Too bad switching the light mode involves using the remote to dig 6 layers deep into a menu.

Oh, and the default mode is blue. Because...they want people to crash?

Yeah, that sounds like some bad designing. At least give the user a quick button at the main menu to quickly switch between the two (Blue / Red).

As long as the sound is good while you're crashing, I guess that is all they thought/cared about.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
26. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:54 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:30:
MajorD wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:59:
InBlack wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:36:
Well at least they are honest about it, most other devs would have shut the fuck up and done the exact same thing anyway...

Yeah, so I guess that makes it okay then.

.....In my book honesty > bullshit everytime.

Agreed.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2014, 11:24 MajorD

LOL! The tweaker mom vid, as soon as it started I laughed out loud....man, she was wound UP!!!

As a side note: If anyone is in the market for a gaming keyboard and/or mouse, you have to check out CM's new 'Devastator' gaming keyboard and mouse combo, as you can't beat the price.

I was in need of a new gaming keyboard, as several of my keys were wearing out, so I've been on the hunt for a while. I happen to come across this combo on Amazon for $29.99 (price just went up since Friday to $38, but still not a bad deal), figured I would give it a try, it delivered Friday, and I have to say the quality isn't too bad. I'll have to see how long it lasts, but so far so good.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
14. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 10:59 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:36:
Well at least they are honest about it, most other devs would have shut the fuck up and done the exact same thing anyway...

Yeah, so I guess that makes it okay then.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
6. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 7, 2014, 20:11 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 19:59:
This is a very fun game with friends, even right now. I've played a lot of finished games that are not as good.

I guess we're smoking too much crack.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
4. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 7, 2014, 19:10 MajorD

I've been having a blast with this game. Very interactive and creativity is limitless.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
5. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 11:40 MajorD

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:33:

....there's nothing innovative about it other than the fact an action game is well written.

I watched an LP series and thought the voice acting was stellar too.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
35. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 17:51 MajorD

I didn't realize until today reading the posts here that it is being developed on the Source Engine. Not that this is a bad thing, but I was with the ASSumption that 'Respawn Entertainment' was developing a whole new engine for this title. The Source engine is what...a decade old by now?

The game will either be meh, or take everyone by surprise. We'll see soon.

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
16. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 4, 2014, 22:09 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:59:
Timmeh wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:56:
This site has more clueless douche bags than any other place i visit on the internet.

Buh bye!

He seemed upset....do you think he was upset?

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
5. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 4, 2014, 19:33 MajorD

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for him to make, but I admire him for it.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
61. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 15:06 MajorD

Slashman wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 14:51:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 14:41:
I'm trying to be fair and impartial about this but it's really fucking hard.

The game or crucifying Jerykk?

Okay, that actually made me laugh out loud!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
35. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 11:56 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:53:
I hate Dishonored. Hate it. The protagnist; the story; the environment; even the graphics themselves -- all so very, very bland. Due to Dishonored, I now hate the entire setting and anything Tesla-inspired. Please don't let this be a Dishonored clone. Let the gameplay not be developed around killing stuff, while the game itself whispers in your ear you'd best play nice like that dumb shit of a game. There's so much wrong with Dishonored it all wants to come out at once.

Please. Not a Dishonored clone.

So, you didn't care for Dishonored?

1479 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo