Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1482 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest Feb 21, 2014, 11:18 MajorD

Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 09:33:
I almost thought that the title said EverQuest.

I did too up until I read your post.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
19. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 21, 2014, 11:10 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:47:
Thanks!

SpectralMeat, the main mod you want for Thief 1 is the HD Mod by Bentraxx found here.

Hopefully you'll see this post since it is yesterday's news.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
56. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 20:53 MajorD

Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 20:48:
MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:31:
Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:09:
Why is that I can not find this Thief game anywhere to buy for PC on a DVD? Its all download only... and yet the consoles get their disks and PC enthusiasts don't? Wtf.

Here at Amazon. Amazing, they are charging a premium for it now as we get close to a release of the new Thief. I saw this numerous times on amazon for $9.99, and lower, several months ago.

Or here on eBay.

Or you could just STEAL it from someone.

Good luck.....

Lol, funny, but you know what I meant.

Besides I'm thinking about getting this Thief Collection for 13.99, although I already bought all these games on Steam recently. Just a little something for my game disk collection :-D, everything is digital these days, and a little less meaningful as bytes on my Hard drive.

Sweet! I know what you mean, I am a collector of Retail PC games/boxes myself. My collection starts with Wolfenstein 3D on 3.5" Disk.

For those who pre-ordered the new Thief, 'Pre-Load' is now available. Maybe it has been all along, I don't know, but I just noticed it tonight when I launched Steam.

54. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 20:28 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:35:
MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:31:
Why is that I can not find this Thief game anywhere to buy for PC on a DVD? Its all download only... and yet the consoles get their disks and PC enthusiasts don't? Wtf.

Here at Amazon. Amazing, they are charging a premium for it now as we get close to a release of the new Thief. I saw this numerous times on amazon for $9.99, and lower, several months ago.

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

That isn't Amazon selling it, it's someone selling it on Amazon, so I'm not surprised at the markup.
It's only $13 if you buy it used on Amazon, again from a 3rd party. Still jacked up.

Amazon has the digital copy for $6.99 http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Thief-Gold-Download/dp/B009IXL5FO

Understood on 3rd parties. Thanks Beamer. $6.99 isn't too shabby for DC.

51. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:31 MajorD

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 18:24 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:16:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:10:
they ran out of keys early afternoon too

I got one, and gonna play it again this weekend

People are recommending the Texture Mod, it does look mighty impressive.

Very impressive. I can't recommend it enough.

News Comments > Daylight Dawns in April
1. Re: Daylight Dawns in April Feb 20, 2014, 17:55 MajorD

And we get to play it on the Unreal 4 Engine in all its glory. $14.99 isn't a bad price, but I'll wait for reviews. Going to keep my eye on this one.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 17:44 MajorD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:40:
Squirmer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:36:
Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.
I wouldn't really call that QTE, as compared to other's like the fist-fighting in Witcher2 or the stuff in other various games. I'd probably call it closer to environment interaction, but feel free to disagree.

My concern is that if the developers didn't implement this correctly and/or too much, it will break continuity in player immersive-ness. And potentially be annoying too.

44. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 17:40 MajorD

Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:28:

I can't be the only one that preferred the original Thief games where the story was told elliptically and discovering the story through observation?

I'll see what this game has to offer, but man I am definitely enjoying Thief The Dark Project right now.

Garret, you're not alone here; Thief: The Dark Project/Gold and Thief 2: The Metal Are are on my Top 10 list of favorite games of all time. Exploration and discovery are some, of many, things that made T1 and T2 so great IMHO.

I am just starting the 'Mage Towers' level; 'not' one of my favorite levels, but I'm interested to see what Bentraxx did for it with his HD Mod.

23. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 13:14 MajorD

....and just think of how much fun we missed in the posts during the down time. Popcorn

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
27. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 12:45 MajorD

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
It's very possible that the game simply IS this good. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it. The videos make it look pretty decent, if also fairly standard pew pew pew hitscan multiplayer fare.

However, Drew McCoy, the publisher who is going to be publishing your game is absolutely very well known for paying people for positive opinions (or making it nigh impossible to give a negative one.) In fact, they are in the news for such horseshit just about once a month.

So for you to get all uppity and pretend like you work for some kind of bastion of game virtue is really quite amusing. Why do people suspect that opinions on your game have been bought? Well, because it's happened before, frequently, and because gamers are getting a bit tired of constantly being lied to by the shitheels that infest this industry.

This is the environment you work in, an environment that many of your fellow workers in this industry helped foster. Welcome to the real world.

Here here! Well said.

18. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 12:17 MajorD

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:04:
MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
He purchased the Xbox360 Version. Do you think it will look better on PS4 in comparison, or not enough to notice that much?

If that video was from the PC version, then it won't look any better at all on the PS4. Obviously everything just gets the same shitty textures that the 360/PS3 will get.

Also, happy early birthday, MD

I'll have to bust my friends balls on the texture/video quality. Grin

Thank you much for Birthday wish.

12. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 11:56 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:22:
so he preordered a console version for himself (TAFFER!)

Which console? Was curious how it will turn out on the ps4...

Happy Early Birthday! I'm getting Infamous for mine!

He purchased the Xbox360 Version. Do you think it will look better on PS4 in comparison, or not enough to notice that much?

Thanks for Birthday wishes. The years are flying by.....

5. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 11:20 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:46:
Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:45:
My hopes are not high. Looks more like Dishonored II than Thief. Next they'll be making him Jamaican and calling it 'Teef'.

I've seen at least 2-3 Bluesers (X7, MajorD, and I forget who else) who steam says has bought it, so I'm looking forward to your opinions, both good and bad...

Yup, a friend of mine and I are huge Thief (1 & 2) fans, so he preordered a console version for himself (TAFFER!) and wanted to purchase the PC version for me for my Level-Up day.

I've been very critical and skeptical about this game, but last week Blue posted a non edited PC play through vid that was actually pretty good (other than 'some' of the dumb AI) and has changed my tune a bit and 'possibly' sold me. I still think the game will be good on its own right, but will not be a true successor to the first two. So, I am going in with an open mind and will post my thoughts (good and bad) sometime next week after a few hours of play.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
14. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 10:13 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 08:42:
I've liked it quiet a bit but not sure I'll drop the money for the game at launch.

A few of my friends pretty much said the same thing. They said it was fun, but weren't sure for how long, so were on the fence.

For me, it hasn't really grabbed me enough to even pursue downloading the demo, so I can't make any fair judgment.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
25. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 17:38 MajorD

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 17:19:

Rage was the video game equivalent of the Myspace pose. At just the right angle even the ugliest fattest slob can look stunning. That was Rage. An ugly fat slob of a game that only looked good from a distance.

Good from far, far from good.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
4. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 11:26 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:47:
I wish there was some gameplay in that "gameplay" video.

Grin....yeah, really! It doesn't look too violent or gory either.

I didn't realize until this morning that the Developer, MachineGames, is made-up from some of the key people from Starbreeze Studios, who developed the Riddick game series and Darkness.....

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2014, 12:42.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 10:35 MajorD

Welcome back Blue, and thank you again Frans.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Verizon seeks payment for carrying Netflix traffic Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 MajorD

I've been streaming Netflix for a while now and have noticed a slow decrease in video quality over the past year or less now. Verizon FiOS is my ISP. Not too long ago (several months or so), my friend who lives in the Great Northwest, was telling me that he had been observing the same thing via his ISP (Cox).

It won't be long until they start complaining about Amazon's streaming as that gains popularity as well.

Now, if only Google Fiber was available in my area. Maybe that will wake up these other ISPs.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2014, 10:21.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 19:53 MajorD

WooHoo!!! Good job Frans & Blue, good to see/have things back up again.

1482 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo