Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1712 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
81. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 13:25 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:19:
MajorD wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:54:
I went to rob a grocery store with a cement mixer last night. Didn't go so well.

Dude! I literally laughed out loud on that one. Too funny!
It was pretty hilarious.

I was running around doing stupid shit in the city when I got a phone call that I have to go to this grocery store.
I didn't pay much attention to the details so not sure if there were any. The game was telling me to get a car.
A cement mixer was driving down the road, I went in front of it the driver stops I yank the guy out and I remember he was saying something along the lines of "you gotta be fucking kidding me"
I drove to the store and the game tells me to point the gun at the clerk, he starts to fill the bag with cash but the cops are already on their way.
When he finally finish filling the bag I run out of the door and of course no other cars on the road except my lovely cement mixer. I hop in try to drive away from the cops, I think I ended up jumping out of the moving vehicle and swim across this river, managed to somehow get away but I was laughing my ass off.
Dumb criminals reality tv show stuff.

Now I'm literally crying from laughter, and almost choked eating some bread. Oh man, too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 13:10 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:54:
I went to rob a grocery store with a cement mixer last night. Didn't go so well.

Dude! I literally laughed out loud on that one. Too funny!

78. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 13:09 MajorD

siapnar wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:46:
And I feel kinda bad when I do bad things... kinda

Guilty pleasures.

74. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 12:27 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:48:
siapnar wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:44:
nin wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 08:50:
There's a camera mode you can set to high, but it's for 3rd person driving.

First person driving is very claustrophobic, and I don't use it much.
Oh my mistake, thought you said there was a camera option for in-car.

Yeah, it's pretty tight in there. I feel like like the FPS camera in general is a bit low, almost like you're 5 foot 5

People have also claimed that when you drive in first person, the car goes slower, to allow you time to react, but I never tested it.

Yeah, I tried driving in FP mode for a while, but it is hard to judge the perimeter of the vehicles; I was beating the crap out of the them backing into things, and especially side swiping other cars and objects. I switch back and for between 3P and FP in driving, but I think 3P is the way to go until I can acclimate to the FP view.

So much to do in the game, I just don't know what I am supposed to do next. What a newb I am.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
9. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 00:26 MajorD

Good for them, glad to hear it, and I'm not surprised.

First Sim game I've purchased/played, and I have been enjoying a lot.

Congrats Colossal Order!

58. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 19:33 MajorD

Well, Amazon pulled through on their guaranteed delivery on release day, as my retail copy just showed up on my door step. I have to say I got my monies ($59.96) worth as it is a nice bundle: 7 DVD Booklet, Manual, and Los Santos fold-out map.

Loading up now. Hope to see you on the streets of Los Santos soon.

First GTA/RockStar game I've played, so I'm sure I'm in for a big/fun learning curve.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 13, 2015, 22:17 MajorD

DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:30:
Starting Forest Gump

I wish they put this kind of effort into releasing mission and mod tools for the game.

Grin...I was scratching my head trying to figure out WTF the first sentence of your post was eluding to until I watched the vid.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 00:43.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
72. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 16:19 MajorD

Time ticking away...

69. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 15:44 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:57:
4 hrs 4 mins 4 secs.....

It's The Final Countdown!

LOL! That song echoed it my head right when I read your post, and didn't even have to click on the link.

Thanks Cutter, now that song is going to be repeating over and over in my mind throughout the day.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 14:16 MajorD

@Krovven: GTK, I just added to the list. Thanks much.

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 12:31 MajorD

Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 12:23:
Ugh fine. Fine! We all know I'm going to buy this so I might as well get it preloaded.

Goddamnit I'm weak.

(edit: thanks Dacron!)

Don't be so hard on yourself Quboid, as you did restrain yourself until the day before release, which you should feel a tad good about.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 12:20 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 16:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 15:48:
1d 3h 11m

In the words of the failed X-Wing Pilot
"Almost.. there...."

So (knowing this day was coming for awhile) I've compiled a few GTA tips/features to look out for. Hopefully others will chime in as well.

• There's a camera setting for the car, which can be set to high. It provides a lot move visibility, and you're not having to constantly tilt one of the sticks to see, like in GTA4.

• Don't miss Chakra Attack on the talk radio station (about 3:00 on the dial). It's a fucking riot.

• Your camera/first person view can be set by default, and it can be different between out of the car and in the car. So if you want first person while on foot, and 3rd person in car, you can set it up as such. Of course, you can still cycle cameras at any time. (For me, personally, I hated the lack of visibility in car. It was a lot harder to judge where you could fit through. But it's still cool it's an option.) Also, each model of vehicle has it's own unique dash/interior.

• Don't miss the electric cars in game, especially the Voltic. It hauls ass while being almost totally quiet.

• Don't miss the Epsilon missions, when they popup. They're a wonderful rip on Scientology.

• Don't forget to take a motorcycle or even a bicycle out in first person. It's amazing, and the motorcycles provide an insane point of view and you zig zag through traffic at high speed.

• Thanks for tips, I'll need them being a total newb at GTA; therefore I have no tips to offer in return.

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 10:47 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:33:
    SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:24:
    The PC exclusive video editor looks pretty awesome too

Yeah, was watching these guys talking about it last night...

Wow, that looks awesome! Great addition to the game, and smart too, as it will make for perpetual\free marketing for RockStar.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
    20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 15:07 MajorD

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:24:
    Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:09:

I may return to PC gaming eventually but for now, I'm enjoying the console scene.

Well you're definitely not alone, at least. Blue's and a few other previously PC centric sites that I visit have been shifting over to console gaming for a while now.

Developers that neglect the PC as a platform are starting to get free passes everywhere but PC hardware sites at this point.

The old timers all seem to be giving up on the PC and going to consoles. But PC gaming is getting a lot of new blood as well. The main place you can find a lot of enthusiasm for the PC is on reddit. Lots of long time console gamers posting pics of their first gaming rigs, etc. So even if the userbase of Blue's and other sites abandon the PC, I think it has a bright future.

Hey, who are you calling an 'Old Timer'? Wink

14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 13:04 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:43:
    Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:41:
    Any word on consoles?

Yes. They suck.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 12:47 MajorD

Brataccas wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:50:
    MajorD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:06:
    Banging fork and knife down on the table repeatedly while chanting, "Release Date! Release Date! Release Date! Release Date!"....

Well, hopefully it will be a little shorter than the four years from announcement to release of HR.

Yeah, I hope it is not that long. Hopefully it has already been in development for a while. Release for the 2015 Holidays would be nice.

6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 11:06 MajorD

Banging fork and knife down on the table repeatedly while chanting, "Release Date! Release Date! Release Date! Release Date!"....

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    1. Re: I Quit - What Really Goes on at Apple Apr 10, 2015, 11:03 MajorD

This is typically what happens when a company is a cash cow; time wasted by overinflated management assigning meaningless and demeaning tasks to peons. None of this is surprising.

...Sickness, family emergencies, and even weddings are given no respect at Apple. When I started my role I missed one business trip as my wife was pregnant, fell down the stairs and had to be hospitalised – this was listed as a ‘performance issue’ on my record and brought up during a one on one with management as a major ‘miss’ on my behalf.

Awful! I've 'worked' for a company like that before. Sad situation...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
    28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 16:42 MajorD

Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 16:37:
    MajorD wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:44:
    This is a good and helpful article some of you may want/need to read before you even think about purchasing a 4K monitor.

That is not a very good article. It's pretty old, and the guy apparently is under the belief that putting two cards in SLI/crossfire doubles the memory, which it doesn't.

Uhoh Thanks. Here is a newer article.

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
    8. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 16:38 MajorD

Yawn..... Sleeping

1712 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 9.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo