Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1465 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
15. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 23:53 MajorD

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 16:14:
I wish they'd do a nice 300-500 page hardbound book over the art of Deus Ex...I'd preorder in a second.

Have you read Icarus Effect by James Swallow? It's 341 pages.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
15. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 17:29 MajorD

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:11:
This is today's second example of the voice of the gamers overcoming corporate missteps

Woot!

Yeah, that whole statement was a pretty thick.

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
6. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 11:48 MajorD

TheGenk wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 11:33:
Yes, just what the PC gaming world needed: Ports from even more inferior hardware.

This^^^^^^^^^^

Classic post. Yeah, if console ports weren't bad enough.....

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2014, 16:35 MajorD

jimnms wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 14:45:
I didn't laugh.

I didn't either. I want my money back.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 21:39 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 05:56:
MajorD wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 21:10:
Deadwood is also one of my all time favorite series. I've watched it three times, and was thinking of watching it again. The worst thing about watching it again, is knowing it will end too soon. I just can't believe they just cut the series so short the way they did...... Cock Suckers!

So, which is better: Deadwood, or Red Dead Redemption?

I can't say, as I've never played Red Dead Redemption. GASP! But it is only available on console.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 21:10 MajorD

Deadwood is also one of my all time favorite series. I've watched it three times, and was thinking of watching it again. The worst thing about watching it again, is knowing it will end too soon. I just can't believe they just cut the series so short the way they did...... Cock Suckers!

17. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 7, 2014, 17:06 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:48:
MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:05:
I think this is a great idea for awareness. I don't know how many times I've been out to dinner and seen people sitting across from each other engaged in very little to no conversation with their faces lit up by their phones. It's pretty sad.

Well, obviously they are texting EACH OTHER. That's just how the young generation communicates.

LOL! Yeah, really.

I'm surprised to see older people doing it too. Not the texting thing, but at dinner sitting across from each other staring at their phones. ....heck, maybe they're texting each other too, or their lovers. DOH!

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
18. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 14:44 MajorD

harlock wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:19:
i be buying it in a few months, probably around june

hopefully its fixed enough by then

They'll be announcing BF5 by then.

9. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 7, 2014, 13:13 MajorD

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:47:
My wife did that to me the other day, and I literally said "Are you fucking kidding me?"

She didn't even realize she was doing it anymore. If she had to unplug for 24 hours, she'd probably wilt.

Grin....

Yeah, I sent the link to my Wife, Mom, and Brothers and Sisters, and my Wife fired back, "Oh, like you could do that!". I replied asking her if that was a challenge, and said that is like calling Marty McFly "Chicken'"!!

Other than having to correspond with my TaxWoman, I can pull it off.

5. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 7, 2014, 11:05 MajorD

I think this is a great idea for awareness. I don't know how many times I've been out to dinner and seen people sitting across from each other engaged in very little to no conversation with their faces lit up by their phones. It's pretty sad.

Other than having to update your site Blue, are you unplugging?

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
6. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:21 MajorD

What a bunch of PR nonsense! I take pleasure in knowing I voted with my wallet on this train wreck.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
31. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:24 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:10:
I will be buying this when it goes on sale for $9.99 or less, rest assured.

Something tells me that in spite of the polish and digital Christie Mack, the story of a man and his magic phone that can hack everything in the entire city will get pretty old, pretty quick.

Still, I did enjoy Far Cry 3 when it finally dropped below my price threshold, in spite of the Uplay nonsense.

Yeah, I thought Origin was bad until I had to start dealing with UPlay. Uplay is annoying and it blows.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
13. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 13:24 MajorD

Good trailer(s); I hope the game is as good or better.

Story seems good and intriguing; hopefully it won't fall flat along the way.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
40. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 12:02 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:05:
Didn't think this had to be said...

MS makes a lot of money with back-end and business products through contracts. We are talking from a consumer gamers perspective, which is just a very small piece. As a company they are doing great overall, for what we care about, they are not. That is why there has been talks for a long time to split up parts of the company. So in one way we look silly talking about how badly they are doing, but when it comes to what we care about... they are doing quite bad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pretty much spot on. Well said!

From a day-to-day business stand point and casual usage (personal eMail, surfing internet, docs, pics, filing, etc) I love Microsoft, and have no issues or the bandwagon-hate for Microsoft. But from a PC Gamer standpoint Microsoft dropped the ball when they shifted their focus to the console market and the PC (from a gaming stand point) was kicked aside like a runt of the litter! This is definitely where Microsoft pisses me off! 'Games for Windows' was an absolute joke, but if they would have embraced, advanced it, and nurtured it like they should have, instead of letting it die the way that they did, PC Gaming would be in a better state than it is today.

It wasn't too long ago I posted something on WTF MS was doing with DirectX and if they'd be releasing a new version anytime soon. The announcement of this new version is good news, but my concerns are the same as what other people posted; hopefully it won't be a Windows 8 and/or Windows 9 exclusive. Sigh....

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
13. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 20:40 MajorD

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 19:08:
Overon wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:49:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:20:
Pretty standard practice to lay off most of the staff after a project has been shipped, and even more common when reviews are not up to par. This is why the gaming industry can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.
If that's the case they should lay off the people whose direction resulted in the sub par reviews. Not the people implementing their will. But that doesn't happen as often as it should.
To be fair you can not please a fan boy who's love was a game in the late 90's, as a fan boy with a game in the late 90's its just not going to happen because this period was golden... at least we remember it that way.

The fan boy reviews passed off as objective and professional are a joke and do more damage than the suits.

As a game, there is little wrong with Thief, it's main problem is being called Thief. If it wasn't called Thief, it's main problem would not being called Thief.

Fuck game review fanboys.

Have you even played the game? Whether it is Thief or not a Thief game, there is A LOT wrong with it!

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
12. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 20:37 MajorD

Overon wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:49:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:20:
Pretty standard practice to lay off most of the staff after a project has been shipped, and even more common when reviews are not up to par. This is why the gaming industry can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.
If that's the case they should lay off the people whose direction resulted in the sub par reviews game. Not the people implementing their will. But that doesn't happen as often as it should.

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 4, 2014, 11:42 MajorD

More stellar Thief reviews.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2014, 18:05 MajorD

I picked this game up off of Amazon for about $7.99 a while back, but it's still sitting on my shelf and on my long list of games to install/play. I recall some posters here at Blue's News saying it was actually a decent game, but wasn't marketed/handled too well by Activision, which is pretty much in line with this news post.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
19. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 17:34 MajorD

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:24:
Hellbinder wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:08:
You guys are fucking idiots. Every fucking day every single topic endless reams of ignorant mindless shit talking.

If you are going to talk shit then at least take a few seconds google some information so have some fucking idea what the hell you are popping off about.

Sounds like you're speaking of yourself:

<insert vulgar poddy mouth opening statement or one liner>

<insert moronic slam that is half baked and most likely false and due to the ignorance of the poster>

Classic case of hypocrisy.

I just want to know......who pissed in his Wheaties this morning?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
72. Re: Ignored Mar 3, 2014, 17:17 MajorD

Quboid wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 15:10:
MajorD wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:52:
To view this user's posts click on the username.

What did this idiot say now, anything interesting? You can't actually quote people you've (momentarily) blocked, hope you guys appreciate the amount of hard work that went into this joke.

Grin....I set myself up for that one.

1465 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo