Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: One-Minute Time Machine (NSFW). Jul 9, 2015, 11:59 MajorD

One-Minute Time Machine - Fricken' hilarious!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 11:49 MajorD

I can confirm both: Stuttering and I am missing two cars from one of my garages.

Can anyone confirm or deny this: There is now a voting button to kick a player for any reason, which I don't recall being there before this latest patch. WTF?! Voting/kicking a player in a Grand Theft game goes against the grain of what GTA is, because that is what 'free mode' is all about in the game isn't it - anything goes?

So WTF Rockstar, instead off addressing the HUGE hacking issue in your game, you decide to just band aid it with a vagina button?

My confidence in RockStar is slowly slipping away....

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 18:42 MajorD

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 18:20:
MajorD wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 11:10:

Hackers galore on the PC, and it has gotten worse the last few times I've played, so I hope that is being addressed in the patch(es). You're pretty much isolated from it when racing, golfing, doing missions, etc., but free mode has become a major circus of hackers.

I've only played online a few times. I fucking hate it. Last time I played, some guy was bombing everyone on the server. Instantly, everyone would be killed in explosions right at their location. I was killed 2 or 3 times in this manner, while no players were anywhere near me. I said something to the perpetrator ("CoolKittyCat" was his name), and he specifically targeted me. He bombed me while I was trying to stick up a liquor store. I found that I suddenly had lost all my weapons and had only a stun gun. I tried to hold up the store using the stun gun, and then I was bombed.

And of course, reporting the incident to Rockstar, you need concrete proof in the form of screenshots or video. Had I known that, I would have found a way to record the screen prior to the event.

Fuckers deserve to be executed.

Yeah, it's a bummer. A similar thing happened to me, but it was showing on the screen text that it was me killing everyone.

They really need to fix it. It is so rampant, they have to know it is going on w/o you or I having to send them an video of it.

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
23. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 15:40 MajorD

With Windows 10 due at the end of the month, GOG.com announces their support for the new operating system, saying they hope to offer a "near-seamless transition" for the good old games offered on their service.

Oh, no worries, there is no doubt it will be a seamless transition, because Microsoft is embracing PC Gaming 'again' with Windows 10.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Logitech Is Changing Its Name to Jul 8, 2015, 12:01 MajorD

What a buffoon! But, it's not surprising from a person who used to work in the non-techie sector: Sara Lee, Dandy, and Cadbury (all non-techie) - From cosmetics, to foods, to candies, then to PC/Console peripherals? HEY! Let's rebrand a name that has been established and widely known for decades......

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 12:06.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 11:10 MajorD

Hackers galore on the PC, and it has gotten worse the last few times I've played, so I hope that is being addressed in the patch(es). You're pretty much isolated from it when racing, golfing, doing missions, etc., but free mode has become a major circus of hackers.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 7, 2015, 15:21 MajorD

Necrophob wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 14:45:
I don't like that they say "arenas". Makes me imagine the crappy arena style encounters from Duke Forever and Bioshock Infinite.

Yeah, they become stale fairly quickly.

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
26. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 15:19 MajorD

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:50:
But that totally changes the argument from: "shitty publishers can make it so i can never play their games again by flipping a switch", to: "i can't play online games a decade later when there aren't any servers anymore". it's a pretty big leap.

BF3 and BF4 have had the biggest SP offerings the series has ever known. And the ones in the series beforehand all had bots, so you can go back and still play any BF game ever made. You just can't go to concerts for that one old band because all the band members died from smack overdoses a decade ago.

This is again a far cry from a series that "never released any CDs" they released tons of albums.

And I'm pretty sure that it's because gamespy went down that they shuttered 1942 and vietnam. Battlelog is their own product, which from the looks of it is going to be a portal to the MP of this series for a long time. As long as people are willing to pay for private servers that is.

Being upset that you can't play MP in a 15 year old game anymore is because everyone including the developers and publishers have moved on. I'm sometimes upset that i can't go out and find a good discotheque to boogie down to, but then i remember that disco's fucking dead. You can still rock out to your Sly and the Family Stone vinyls, but you can't re-live going out and boogieing down with all your friends in a 70's disco, they don't exist anymore.

Shit i wish i could find a decent video arcade to pump quarters into, but they are practically extinct. it's a shame, but again, there's a reason. everyone moved on. nobody plays that shit anymore. there's no money in it, and most business owners aren't in the business of hemorrhaging money.

Sigh...

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
22. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 11:09 MajorD

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:21:
Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:07:

Have you ever seen a concert for a band that later split up? It's too bad that they did, but they toured for years. Just because something doesn't last forever, doesn't mean it wasn't great.

Except if that band breaks up, I can still listen to their existing music until I die. If they shut down those servers I can't play that game anymore. If someone confiscated all the Led Zep back when they broke up and burned it, that would be equivalent.

incorrect.

There, I fixed that for you. jdreyer's analogy was spot on and irrefutable; therefore, any further counter is futile.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Rewards Program
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Rewards Program Jun 26, 2015, 19:21 MajorD

We've almost become as saturated with this franchise as we have with the CoD franchise.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer Jun 20, 2015, 12:05 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 21:42:
I was going to watch this because "Ooo, pretty graphics and 'sploshuns!" when I asked myself, "Do I care," to which the answer was, "I don't care." Not watched.

Yeah, I'm the same way when I see these posts/announcements. It's because we know it's the SOS and we really won't be missing anything....

News Comments > Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month
5. Re: Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month Jun 18, 2015, 10:01 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Morning Interviews
17. Re: Xbox chief admits Microsoft had 'lost its way' in the PC game market. Jun 17, 2015, 17:18 MajorD

How'd they lose their way when they weren't even going the PC way?

This rhetoric spews out every F'ing time when a new release of Windows is around the corner, and then forgotten about again all over again.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year Jun 17, 2015, 02:38 MajorD

BRB, gotta go clean myself up!

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
87. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 16:33 MajorD

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 15:56:
MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 15:50:
Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:13:
Well, looks like my Xmas is set, between this and Just Cause 3.

Then Square Enix will drop the bomb tomorrow at E3 announcing the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Q4-2015, and then we'll have the stress of deciding which one to play.

Feast or Famine!

So true.....

Task wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 16:01:
After thinking about it, FO4 reminds me of Mass Effect 1 and RAGE.

Task, please don't compare Fallout 4 with RAGE and ruin the anticipation and positive experience for everyone.

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
1. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 16:32 MajorD

...tracing humanity’s first deadly steps towards colonizing the universe.

Sounds profoundly good. Not much information to go on here, but I'm certainly intrigued.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
84. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 15:50 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:13:
Well, looks like my Xmas is set, between this and Just Cause 3.

Then Square Enix will drop the bomb tomorrow at E3 announcing the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Q4-2015, and then we'll have the stress of deciding which one to play.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
12. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 12:43 MajorD

Wow, if that was actual gameplay, then I really like this art style much better than the muddy style they used in Dishonored 1....at least it didn't look like that muddy art style. /shrug

I guess I'll have to fire up the game again and finish it this time.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
36. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 11:45 MajorD

The retro music wasn't bad.....

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2015, 10:33 MajorD

Great movie.....now I'm itching to watch it again.

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo