Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1705 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
8. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:11 MajorD

Yeah, this will release when we see Half-Life 3, or vise versa.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
7. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:09 MajorD

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:34:
Another no-brainer, lets hope its better than F3 (which sucked) and at least as good as F:NV (which was really good).

Interesting/funny, as I loved Fallout 3, but F: NV fell flat for me. /shrug

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 14:54 MajorD

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:
Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

Yeah, sometimes public servers with disruptive and/or grieving players can be annoying/aggravating if you're not in the mood for it, but it can be fun too. One time a crew member and I just walked out of our apartment and some guy just shot us down for no reason. We ignored it, and then he killed us both a second time, so it became our mission to seek revenge. SO, we jumped into my crew member's armored car and kept chasing him down and killing him, then took his car and kept running over him with his own car - if we didn't shoot him down first - and eventually he rage-quit. From that point forward we carried on with a nice and enjoyable online session - even though the revenge seeking was pleasurable.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
13. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 12:09 MajorD

I don't own this game, but this is pretty awesome, and rare.

Very nice inXile!

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
44. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 14:27 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:23:
MajorD wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:11:
Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

I have to agree. Similar to how the whole 3D television/monitor hype train that has slowly died off. Now it's curved TVs.

BUUUTTTT, until I try it, who really knows? /Shrug

The problem with 3D TVs: first there isn't a lot of 3D content out there to watch, and second it's just an additional layer to the presentation, it's not integral to the story telling.

Curved TVs are a fad, although I have a feeling they'll always be sold as a niche product. But they make no sense: a TV is a group device, and curving it is antithetical to that.

Curved monitors are here to stay, and will become the majority display type in the future because monitors are individual use items, so curving makes sense.

The OR fundamentally changes your experience for a rather large subset of games: racing & driving sims, flight sims, space sims, and FP horror games. And it also seems to adapt well to FP RPG and adventure games that focus more on exploration and don't require the twitch reactions of FPSs. I view it as a strong niche product like joysticks or driving wheels which change and improve how you play certain kinds of games. These have been with us for decades. The OR is less like gimmicky products like kinect which can't die soon enough.

Yeah, very true jdreyer. Good points to ponder, thanks.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
27. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 12:11 MajorD

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

I have to agree. Similar to how the whole 3D television/monitor hype train that has slowly died off. Now it's curved TVs.

BUUUTTTT, until I try it, who really knows? /Shrug

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 5, 2015, 11:50 MajorD

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 5, 2015, 09:45:
Eventually cable companies will figure out that the internet is a video service.

Yup, and now we'll start getting hosed by those same cable companies when they raise their broadband prices to compensate for their loses of channel/movie package subscriptions. If you have just a broadband subscription, then your pricing will be X (higher), but if you subscribe to both broadband AND channel/movie package, then your internet pricing will be X (lower). Unless they are already doing this (?). I probably shouldn't post that idea.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 5, 2015, 11:25 MajorD

Pigeon wrote on May 5, 2015, 09:12:
"These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot,' and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible," Herman wrote.

I think that's the triple twist double back flip of the mental gymnastics world. He stuck the landing too, I'll give in a 9.6.

Classic! Well said.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 4, 2015, 12:17 MajorD

Ahhh, poor baby, it sounds so rough. Now go drink your milk!

It's all relative I guess......

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 4, 2015, 12:14 MajorD

Congrats Almost Human!!

Cool! I may have to check it out, but it depends on the price, as it may not be worth already owning it for the PC. /shrug

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
17. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 11:13 MajorD

Pretty impressive the way it processes the skin, lips, and hair detail and shading, but not quite uncanny yet.

But how far down the road and at what level will us gamers being enjoying all these capabilities of DX12, as consoles will certainly slow this implementation way down, unless PC becomes the primary port for games. HAHAAH, yeah right!!!! I say 4 to 6 years before we see all this fully implemented into games and running on a single video card (GTX 2180).

Character detail and animation was 'very' impressive in Crysis 3, the best I've ever seen in a FPS to date.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Apr 30, 2015, 19:42 MajorD

Great to see Rock* continuing to support the PC release. Keep the patches coming, as there is still much to fix.

The mechanics of online matching, connecting with friends and/or crew members is so unintuitive and buggy. And getting launched into a different server from your friends/crew members after completing a mission drives me crazy!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
29. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 15:04 MajorD

Well each to their own, right?

A good friend of mine loved the game so much he played through it twice. Me, well I got 'maybe' 25% through, but for some reason, that I can't put my finger on, it didn't hold my interest enough to keep playing and/or finish it.

Maybe I'll revisit it at some point, but after playing GTA V, not probable.

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
19. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:39 MajorD

This has the potential to be 'very' dangerous for the consumers if it isn't overseen and managed correctly.

13. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:33 MajorD

ItBurn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 11:31:
MajorD wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:12:
And how are they going to make people want to play WD2 after everyone has experienced GTAV?

Agreed. GTA V is what I hoped Watched Dogs would have been. The scope of Watch Dogs was good and the game had a lot of good aspects to it, but it fell short in a lot of ways. And IMO, if they had the option of FPS mode, it would added more depth to the game.

Gta V is the fifth game. Watch Dogs was the first one.

Good point. I'll wait for WD V before I buy it again.

11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:29 MajorD

jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:12:
And how are they going to make people want to play WD2 after everyone has experienced GTAV?

Agreed. GTA V is what I hoped Watched Dogs would have been. The scope of Watch Dogs was good and the game had a lot of good aspects to it, but it fell short in a lot of ways. And IMO, if they had the option of FPS mode, it would added more depth to the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 11:41 MajorD

Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Blue!

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2015, 11:34 MajorD

@jdreyer: Thank you for your feedback and information. We could argue the point, but IMHO the media has more than a ‘minor’ negative roll in it all, but not as big as I probably made it sound (after re-reading what I wrote). In regards to the Swedish cops subduing two fight men, that is what we all wish we would see more of; however, how different would it have gone down if the two fighting men had guns, and how differently would it have been spun by the media? That is a whole other debate.

Yes, there certainly is a systemic issue with our police forces that need to be addressed and rectified before it spins out of control. Improving on (technology) and increase use of stun guns, but some would argue it wouldn’t be a balanced battleground. /shrug

1. Agreed, the Justice Dept. needs to get their heads out of the sand (and their asses) and better address the problems throughout our police depts.\forces.

2. Interesting, I’ll have to read about that more.

Generational effects will take a while to completely washout, so yeah, it certainly won’t change things quickly.

3. Yeah, it’s interesting. We’re seeing more and more of this with cellphone cameras, and it makes you wonder how much this went on before most everyone had cellphone cameras. But, you’d think/hope this fact would keep the corrupt officers more in-check with them knowing they could be being recorded via someone’s cellphone camera at any time.

@NKD: Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your response in your first sentence, you can't tell me when the news anchors are interviewing people (families and the local community) that the people they're interviewing aren't making it racial? I’m not trying to say it happens all the time, but it seems to more times than not. I should have clarified that when someone is robbing a liquor store, for example, and the cops are chasing down the robber, the robber starts shooting at the cops as he is fleeing, and the cops react and shoot back and kill the robber. You then see the family\friends\neighbors being interviewed and more times than not they make it racial. We could argue the point of the cop being justified killing the robber, or just wounding him instead, but risk still getting shot by the robber. This is why they need to improve and expand upon using stun guns instead so there isn't so much killing.

In regards to your second sentence, I agree, that is no doubt a problem. It is not an excuse, but that would be a tough situation to be in if a good honest cop is getting pressured by his peers not to testify ‘against’ the bad cops to protect them and/or the force as a whole. He starts thinking of his job, family, future, etc. and becomes pressured to “do the right thing” (in the minds of his peers) and that pressure forces him to do the wrong thing. It certainly happens, but how much? Who ‘really’ knows?

In regards to your third/last sentence, I can appreciate your frustration and passion with the subject matter, but don’t think for one second that I’m ignorant of the fact that there ‘are’ issues in our police dept./forces that need to be addressed and resolved before it ‘does’ spin out of control. I don’t think the media makes things up - my point is/was in my first paragraph above.
In regards to global warming, that is a whole other subject. I will say that there is no doubt the pollution we generate has an effect on climates, etc. and I’ll just leave it at that.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 15:04 MajorD

I've had my share of condescending dick cops and very nice\professional cops, so it is really unfair to hastily generalize on the negative side. Most cops are on the good side, but unfortunately there are bad seeds that give the good ones a bad name.

Overall, it isn't our police officers\forces that are the problem, it is the media and self entitled attention mongers painting a bad image of our police forces more than the bad seeds within those police forces. When a white cop shoots a African American "CRIMINAL", FOR EXAMPLE, he is automatically racist and it was an unjustified shooting even though the "CRIMINAL" was shooting at the police officers and innocent bystanders.

I certainly would not want to be a cop in this day and age, as it would be too stressful and aggravating dealing with all the BS and unfair media.

Thank you to all you good/professional police officers out there for working to keep us and our communities safe.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo Apr 24, 2015, 18:59 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:41:
MajorD wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:13:
Oh, I misread this post as this.

Is that the new Rickroll?

LOL! Yeah, really.

1705 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo