Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1430 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
6. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 10:58 MajorD

Kajetan wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 10:07:
Funny, i didnt noticed the first cut to the new redux version until i looked in the upper right corner, where it suddenly said "Redux". Yes, after a while i noticed some differences. When you know where to look.

I'll pass. Graphics from 2010 are apparently good enough for me

Agreed. Not enough difference to justify purchasing the 'Redux' when one already has the original, even if it were $5.00, but great if you don't own the original.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club Aug 19, 2014, 19:18 MajorD

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 18:40:
PC gamers should pass on it... Has no 3 click, no clue what the community wants.. the interface last i played it made you want to bang your head against a rock... Basically they have no clue how to even use a mouse / keyboard let alone program for it..

Its a sunday morning console game. Youll play for 20 minutes and never boot again... Studio is completely clueless, how they did work for EA is beyond me, i can see why they passed and why EA golf is history as well

Course designer seems cool, but after 5 minutes of using it, you realize you are handicapped

lastly, no real competitive play, other than stroke.. no co-op 4sss alternative WTF are you smoking devs? Easy to hack so you can bet playing for course score will be a waste of time...

1/10 stars from someone who played Tiger Woods 98 for like 12 years.... I'd rather boot up leaderboard for the C64 than play this crap

K

What a shame, I was really looking forward to this one after a long dry-spell of PC golf games. Par for the course though (no pun 'originally' intended) with PC Games these days. I'll have to reinstall Links 2003 Championship Edition, which was the last good PC Golf game IMHO.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
19. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 09:35 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 04:20:
I think its definitely Nurture > Nature when it comes to having an affinity for a subject, but its one thing to have a love and passion for something, and another entirely to actually be great at it.

Nicely stated Black!

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
2. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 09:27 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 09:21:
Good luck (they're going to need it).

Yeah, my estimation is they lost their 'good' reputation far before they ran into financial issues....say after Crysis 1???? If it weren't for those damn PC pirates!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 10:20 MajorD

And don't forget, they're still dedicated to GFWL!

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 10:18 MajorD

Sergeant Apone: A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm: Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation's a parade! I love the Corps!

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2014, 23:29 MajorD

@nin: Interesting. Thanks for link.

My wife and I used to go back and forth on which was better: Alien or Aliens. I used to like 'Aliens' better than 'Alien', but she said 'Alien' was the better movie. So one lazy weekend we sat down and watched them both w/o interruption, and I agreed with thereafter. It has better suspense build-up, story, substance, etc.

@Quboid: Yeah, I thought it was just an odd line by itself.

I want to go and watch 1 & 2 now, after all this talk.

3. Re: Behind-the-scenes photographs from the set of ‘Alien’ (1979) Aug 13, 2014, 19:25 MajorD

Badejo was allowed to rehearse and practice his movements on the set of the spacecraft “Nostromo” prior to filming.

Well, that's nice of them, he was casted for the part after all. Confused

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
6. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 13, 2014, 17:07 MajorD

Task wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:58:
When did we go from actual expansions for Triple A games of the past in favor of this marketing name gimmick known as "Season Pass."

I believe it started as far back as 2010 or 2011, and we can thank our Friends over at Rockstar Games that started this type of BS.....with LA Noir if my memory serves me correctly.

All these gaming companies can shove their Season Passes straight up their arses I tell ya!

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
4. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 13, 2014, 16:56 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed
6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed Aug 13, 2014, 16:56 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
12. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 17:34 MajorD

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 16:27:
MajorD wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 11:40:
They need to up the gore, it isn't gory enough.

I've got a fever... and the only prescription is MORE GORE (cowbell).

LOL! Nice one!

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 11:40 MajorD

They need to up the gore, it isn't gory enough.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Thief 2 HD Mod v0.9.5 is out… Aug 10, 2014, 21:08 MajorD

This is awesome news. I followed the development, delays, and release of the HD Texture mod Bentraxx did for Thief/Gold, and it is almost playing an brand new game! Now, I'll have to finish playing through Thief Gold and move onto Thief 2.

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
19. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 21:01 MajorD

I like that they did the Redux, but still a BIG money grab in my opinion. They should only be charging $5.00 (Not $12.49) for each game for the people who already own them, like what Square Enix did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And charging for 'Ranger Mode' via a DLC in Last Light was a total DICK move!

News Comments > Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer
3. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 17:24 MajorD

I like that they did the Redux, but still a BIG money grab in my opinion. They should only be charging $5.00 (Not $12.49)for each game for the people who already own them, like what Square Enix did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And charging for 'Ranger Mode' via a DLC in Last Light was a total DICK move!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2014, 11:49 MajorD

Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:22:
That was an excellent read, not just for views and insights on mobile market development but as a reality check for people getting into game dev. The author is brutally honest about his mistakes and how it affected his relationship with his friend. Great article.

Yes, it is a good and interesting read. I hope Archmage Rises a homerun for him/them.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
2. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 10:06 MajorD

Great! This is just what we need, something new and fresh on the market.

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
16. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 6, 2014, 13:23 MajorD

Trevellian wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 13:11:
MajorD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:48:
For those he had the opportunity to play the Alpha, do you think the replayability is there? I've casually followed this game development and that has always been the biggest questions in my mind.

Consider the replayability of Left 4 Dead and this was with a AI controlling the randomness of the monsters.

In Alpha we only got 4 Hunters, 1 Monster, 2 Maps. The full release was going to have 8-12 Hunters, 3 Monsters, 12 Maps.

Think of how more support Turtle Rock gave L4D for free, and the support they gave to the game overall. If it will use the Steam Workshop then double that replayability.

I had fun with the Alpha, others didn't. But my opinion as someone who really, REALLY enjoyed the Alpha and played it for a majority of the weekend, despite the limited options available. I can see where with lots of maps, variety of hunters and abilities they bring to the table. The different monsters and abilities coupled with different players play styles. Almost every hunt should be different. Some people will suck and you'll hunt them down quickly, some will be good and you'll have those 20-30 minute long hunts where either you finally bring the monster down or get eaten alive.

For a really good look at the gameplay from a monsters perspective, and the monster we didn't get to play in Alpha, check out JackFrags hands on with the Kraken: http://youtu.be/sdbm9K2CsqU

Cool! Thanks much for the feedback/info.

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
14. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 6, 2014, 10:48 MajorD

For those he had the opportunity to play the Alpha, do you think the replayability is there? I've casually followed this game development and that has always been the biggest questions in my mind.

1430 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo