Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1646 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
26. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 15:19 MajorD

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:50:
But that totally changes the argument from: "shitty publishers can make it so i can never play their games again by flipping a switch", to: "i can't play online games a decade later when there aren't any servers anymore". it's a pretty big leap.

BF3 and BF4 have had the biggest SP offerings the series has ever known. And the ones in the series beforehand all had bots, so you can go back and still play any BF game ever made. You just can't go to concerts for that one old band because all the band members died from smack overdoses a decade ago.

This is again a far cry from a series that "never released any CDs" they released tons of albums.

And I'm pretty sure that it's because gamespy went down that they shuttered 1942 and vietnam. Battlelog is their own product, which from the looks of it is going to be a portal to the MP of this series for a long time. As long as people are willing to pay for private servers that is.

Being upset that you can't play MP in a 15 year old game anymore is because everyone including the developers and publishers have moved on. I'm sometimes upset that i can't go out and find a good discotheque to boogie down to, but then i remember that disco's fucking dead. You can still rock out to your Sly and the Family Stone vinyls, but you can't re-live going out and boogieing down with all your friends in a 70's disco, they don't exist anymore.

Shit i wish i could find a decent video arcade to pump quarters into, but they are practically extinct. it's a shame, but again, there's a reason. everyone moved on. nobody plays that shit anymore. there's no money in it, and most business owners aren't in the business of hemorrhaging money.

Sigh...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
22. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 11:09 MajorD

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:21:
Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 02:07:

Have you ever seen a concert for a band that later split up? It's too bad that they did, but they toured for years. Just because something doesn't last forever, doesn't mean it wasn't great.

Except if that band breaks up, I can still listen to their existing music until I die. If they shut down those servers I can't play that game anymore. If someone confiscated all the Led Zep back when they broke up and burned it, that would be equivalent.

incorrect.

There, I fixed that for you. jdreyer's analogy was spot on and irrefutable; therefore, any further counter is futile.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Rewards Program
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Rewards Program Jun 26, 2015, 19:21 MajorD

We've almost become as saturated with this franchise as we have with the CoD franchise.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer Jun 20, 2015, 12:05 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 21:42:
I was going to watch this because "Ooo, pretty graphics and 'sploshuns!" when I asked myself, "Do I care," to which the answer was, "I don't care." Not watched.

Yeah, I'm the same way when I see these posts/announcements. It's because we know it's the SOS and we really won't be missing anything....

News Comments > Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month
5. Re: Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month Jun 18, 2015, 10:01 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Morning Interviews
17. Re: Xbox chief admits Microsoft had 'lost its way' in the PC game market. Jun 17, 2015, 17:18 MajorD

How'd they lose their way when they weren't even going the PC way?

This rhetoric spews out every F'ing time when a new release of Windows is around the corner, and then forgotten about again all over again.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year Jun 17, 2015, 02:38 MajorD

BRB, gotta go clean myself up!

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
87. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 16:33 MajorD

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 15:56:
MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 15:50:
Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:13:
Well, looks like my Xmas is set, between this and Just Cause 3.

Then Square Enix will drop the bomb tomorrow at E3 announcing the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Q4-2015, and then we'll have the stress of deciding which one to play.

Feast or Famine!

So true.....

Task wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 16:01:
After thinking about it, FO4 reminds me of Mass Effect 1 and RAGE.

Task, please don't compare Fallout 4 with RAGE and ruin the anticipation and positive experience for everyone.

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
1. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 16:32 MajorD

...tracing humanity’s first deadly steps towards colonizing the universe.

Sounds profoundly good. Not much information to go on here, but I'm certainly intrigued.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
84. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 15:50 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:13:
Well, looks like my Xmas is set, between this and Just Cause 3.

Then Square Enix will drop the bomb tomorrow at E3 announcing the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Q4-2015, and then we'll have the stress of deciding which one to play.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
12. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 12:43 MajorD

Wow, if that was actual gameplay, then I really like this art style much better than the muddy style they used in Dishonored 1....at least it didn't look like that muddy art style. /shrug

I guess I'll have to fire up the game again and finish it this time.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
36. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 11:45 MajorD

The retro music wasn't bad.....

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2015, 10:33 MajorD

Great movie.....now I'm itching to watch it again.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2015, 10:30 MajorD

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 22:36:
All the while wikipedia moderators and admins have become ever more entrenched in their cultural spin bullshit. Any critical piece of information is censored, false information enforced by top admins, topics blocked when admins disagree with changes even though they correct wrongful, spiteful or flat rout false information.

Let's face it, Wikipedia is part of the NSA at heart. If you want ideology free information, this is not the site you want to visit.

Of course not, but it's scary how some people live and breath by it as it if is all accurate and true.

The only thing I find it useful for is looking up music/bands info, movies & TV Shows info, video game stuff, because if that kind of stuff isn't accurate, who really gives a F&$K in the grand scheme of things. I also look up 'some' space & science shtuff, but mostly go to NASA or ESA.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 15:37 MajorD

Yeah, typical Microsoft MO; start a new project, throw bunch of money at it, manage/steer it poorly, then just abandon it......then off to another project, rinse/repeat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 12:16 MajorD

Solution: Ditch Apple products (hardware & software). Problem solved.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 10, 2015, 11:45 MajorD

Yeah, it certainly isn't what it was twenty years ago before it exploded; not as enjoyable or lucrative (at lower mid level positions). If it is something you absolutely love and want to be a part of, then the best thing is to do your time, learn as much as you can in as many aspects of the industry as possible, make yourself marketable, and then go indie. If you're going to devote that much blood and sweat, then devote it to being an indie to make yourself rich, not some other unappreciative-slave-driving-shmucks!!! You just have to do the time and learn the ropes first.....

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2015, 12:05.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Real GTA Jun 8, 2015, 19:02 MajorD

Nicely done!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 6, 2015, 00:31 MajorD

@HoSpanky and Task: Thanks for feedback, much appreciated. I'll check them out.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
14. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 18:35 MajorD

I've never played a Witcher game, but this one (3) has peaked my interest; however, is it recommended I play 1 and/or 2 before playing 3? How are the KB&M controls, is it a good port?

1646 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo