Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1666 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Ashley Madison could face up to 500,000 in fines after cyber attack Jul 23, 2015, 15:29 MajorD

Karma's a bitch applies here in so many different ways.....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content
8. Re: Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content Jul 23, 2015, 15:25 MajorD

Rolleyes You gotta love the silly marketing with the content "FREE UPDATE" and "FREE FOR EVERYONE", all of which should have been part of the 'original' vanilla game anyway.

I wonder if they have any lucrative swamp land to sell.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 15:37.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2015, 11:33 MajorD

Blue wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:07:
Task wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:06:
Ah man, can't play vids at work. Is she singing the part of the Diva alien?

The whole dang thing. Well worth the wait.

Yeah, that was absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing that.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
43. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 14:56 MajorD

I'm being cautiously optimistic, and time will certainly tell on how good the game will be. It's sometimes similar to movies; the sequels just aren't as good as the original(s) and have to be taken on their own merit.

From what was 'presented' at E3, one of the things I liked was the fact that 'everything' can/will be have a purpose and be utilized for crafting a myriad of other items, and we won't need a mod (i.e. FWE) to accomplish that.

Realistically and in all fairness, there 'really' isn't enough footage to make judgments on how linear and/or run/gun the game will be. I just hope a 3rd of the game won't be subways.

And for those stating the graphics of a modded Fallout 3 game are the same and/or better than those of Fallout 4, you might want to get your eyes checked. You're comparing a modded PC version of Fallout 3 to a inferior console version/demo of Fallout 4. Could the graphics be better in Fallout 4? Yes, but graphics aren't what make a game great. Being the year 2015, I think we were all expecting more from the graphics side of things, but when those expectations weren't met, most were disappointed and made irrational comparisons.

News Comments > Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate
6. Re: Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate Jul 13, 2015, 15:41 MajorD

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 15:02:
Also: those with performance issues, are you running the steam version or the standalone? I'm on the standalone.

Stand alone here.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins EA
4. Re: Jade Raymond Joins EA Jul 13, 2015, 12:48 MajorD

Welcome to the 'Dark Side' Jade....

News Comments > Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate
4. Re: Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate Jul 13, 2015, 11:18 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 09:25:
Ill-gotten gains indeed. Heh

Grin....nice one! Yeah, that's for sure; decreased FPS confirmed, and I lost 4 cars and 3 motorcycles out of one of my garages.

More like Ill-Gotten Gains & Losses.

News Comments > Survarium Status Update
2. Re: Survarium Status Update Jul 10, 2015, 10:47 MajorD

ItBurn wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 10:39:
I have zero interest in "just another" multiplayer shooter. I want the single player rpg that STALKER was.

Agreed. We didn't ask for this did we?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 15:51 MajorD

Slick wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 13:50:
lol, you can't be mad at hackers AND at having a kickvote option.

My point is more towards being kicked while playing free mode, where in Grand Theft Auto, pretty much anything goes, except for hacking. Correct?

For example, you and I are playing free mode cruising through the city together in a Karuma. A couple of other chaps cruise up in their Karuma and open fire on us. We then retaliate relentlessly. They get schooled by us a few more times, they get pissed, and then vote to have us kicked, and then we get kicked. For what? Because they got schooled after starting the incident? It just happened to a couple of my crew members the other night, and then again to my friend and I in another server.

It's a catch 22: 'Vote Kick' is only good for kicking hackers, but then gives the power to butt hurt player(s) who get schooled.

Regardless, RockStar really needs to address the hacking on the PC-GTA V, as it is running rampant and 'seems' to be getting worse, but they don't 'seem' to be doing much about it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 15:30 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:01:
It's a slick O/S, and in many ways superior to Android/iOS.....

Agreed. When Windows phone 8 came out, I switched from an iPhone to Windows Phone and haven't looked back. All three of my devices (desktop, surface pro 2, and phone) are virtual. Some things I did like better on the iPhone/OS, but overall the Windows Phone OS is far better IMO, and it keeps getting better.

It's funny, when my brother and family were out visiting us over the 4th of July holiday, my sister-in-law asked me what kind of phone I was using. I told her it was a Windows Phone and she said, "What is that, I thought there was just iPhones and Droids, so what is a Windows Phone?" I thought she was kidding, but she was serious.....

Everyone I've met that has a Windows Phone love it. Yes, it still has its shortcomings, but it keeps getting better and better. I'm looking forward to picking up the Lumia 940 with Windows Phone 10 this fall.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 13:16 MajorD

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 12:52:
Windows Phone wasn't building momentum for anything was the problem and it was costing them billions to maintain the hardware side of things.

Understood. But IMO, they need to have just a low-end phone and a flagship phone, and not have dozens of different phones in each category of low, mid, and upper range and see what sticks. They need to just focus on the low and upper range, and call it good. Or, focus on the flagship mobile phone and let the 3rd party OEMs fill in the gaps like the article points out.

I guess either way, the cuts are/were inevitable.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 13:11 MajorD

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 12:27:
Nadella is another buffoon!

You're the first person I've heard claim that. Between the Surface 3 Pro, the about face for the xbone, and users positive comments about Windows 10, I think he's on a roll.

Yeah, I agree, but his latest moves with selling off Bing imaging to Uber, moving display ads to AOL, and hacking away at Nokia just seems to be a bit premature before Windows 10 and Windows Mobile 10 have released, or their new flagship mobile phones this fall. With all the groundwork they've laid all ready, he just seems to be yanking the curtain down before the stage has finished being set. /shrug

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 12:23 MajorD

Nadella is another buffoon! Microsoft has been taking/making positive steps toward a universal app to bring all three platforms (Desktop, tablet, and phone) together for some time now, but this buffoon's knee jerk decisions will potentially derail it all before Windows 10 (desktop & tablet) is released the end of the month and the Windows Phone 10 is released, along with new flagship phones this fall.

Typical Microsoft - throw a much of time/money/resources at a promising project, but then just scrap it while it's building momentum for potential success.

I guess that's what happens when a company has a plethora of money and buffoons at the helm.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: One-Minute Time Machine (NSFW). Jul 9, 2015, 11:59 MajorD

One-Minute Time Machine - Fricken' hilarious!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 11:49 MajorD

I can confirm both: Stuttering and I am missing two cars from one of my garages.

Can anyone confirm or deny this: There is now a voting button to kick a player for any reason, which I don't recall being there before this latest patch. WTF?! Voting/kicking a player in a Grand Theft game goes against the grain of what GTA is, because that is what 'free mode' is all about in the game isn't it - anything goes?

So WTF Rockstar, instead off addressing the HUGE hacking issue in your game, you decide to just band aid it with a vagina button?

My confidence in RockStar is slowly slipping away....

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 18:42 MajorD

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 18:20:
MajorD wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 11:10:

Hackers galore on the PC, and it has gotten worse the last few times I've played, so I hope that is being addressed in the patch(es). You're pretty much isolated from it when racing, golfing, doing missions, etc., but free mode has become a major circus of hackers.

I've only played online a few times. I fucking hate it. Last time I played, some guy was bombing everyone on the server. Instantly, everyone would be killed in explosions right at their location. I was killed 2 or 3 times in this manner, while no players were anywhere near me. I said something to the perpetrator ("CoolKittyCat" was his name), and he specifically targeted me. He bombed me while I was trying to stick up a liquor store. I found that I suddenly had lost all my weapons and had only a stun gun. I tried to hold up the store using the stun gun, and then I was bombed.

And of course, reporting the incident to Rockstar, you need concrete proof in the form of screenshots or video. Had I known that, I would have found a way to record the screen prior to the event.

Fuckers deserve to be executed.

Yeah, it's a bummer. A similar thing happened to me, but it was showing on the screen text that it was me killing everyone.

They really need to fix it. It is so rampant, they have to know it is going on w/o you or I having to send them an video of it.

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
23. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 15:40 MajorD

With Windows 10 due at the end of the month, GOG.com announces their support for the new operating system, saying they hope to offer a "near-seamless transition" for the good old games offered on their service.

Oh, no worries, there is no doubt it will be a seamless transition, because Microsoft is embracing PC Gaming 'again' with Windows 10.

6. Re: Logitech Is Changing Its Name to Jul 8, 2015, 12:01 MajorD

What a buffoon! But, it's not surprising from a person who used to work in the non-techie sector: Sara Lee, Dandy, and Cadbury (all non-techie) - From cosmetics, to foods, to candies, then to PC/Console peripherals? HEY! Let's rebrand a name that has been established and widely known for decades......

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 12:06.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 11:10 MajorD

Hackers galore on the PC, and it has gotten worse the last few times I've played, so I hope that is being addressed in the patch(es). You're pretty much isolated from it when racing, golfing, doing missions, etc., but free mode has become a major circus of hackers.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 7, 2015, 15:21 MajorD

Necrophob wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 14:45:
I don't like that they say "arenas". Makes me imagine the crappy arena style encounters from Duke Forever and Bioshock Infinite.

Yeah, they become stale fairly quickly.

1666 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo