Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryota

Real Name Ryota   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname durandal
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 17, 2010, 09:28
Total Comments 118 (Novice)
User ID 55776

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
75. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 5, 2013, 08:54 durandal

What about the fact that they used E3 footage for their TV commercial AFTER the release though?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3: Reckoning Trailer, Details
5. Re: Mass Effect 3: Reckoning Trailer, Details Feb 26, 2013, 02:47 durandal

Too bad, its multiplayer is actually pretty good.
It's basically the more polished, improved version of Killing Floor, which is already awesome.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Events Detailed
3. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Events Detailed Feb 5, 2013, 03:19 durandal

El Pit wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 02:24:
$20 for an expansion would be fair. But since it's Actiblizz...
Considering how they have been pricing the WoW Xpacks, my guess is $40.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
62. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 20:18 durandal

I'm pretty sure I could just finish the game with the materials/guns available in the first play through, so it's fine for me. The material/crafting system actually could would might add some good replay value, but that's it for the most people. After all it's a single player roller coaster ride, and not Diablo or some MMO; enemies won't drop some random purple Swords, there's no one to show off your gear (well, except your regular coop buddies), no PvPs that you can utilize those gears you crafted...
Seriously, who wants to spend real money to gear up for a single player action game like this?

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
4. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Jan 18, 2013, 14:00 durandal

Yeah, especially now with nVidia shifting more towards Tegra thing...  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
31. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 17, 2013, 03:43 durandal

Gameplay trailer so far is... really meh.
I love the franchise and I love the concept of the game, but it really felt bland, and I got the feeling that the critics score for the game will be around 70/100; good but not great, a game you encounter nothing spectacular till the end, a game you will forget after finishes its story once or twice, a game you will regret buying it at full price.

Come to think of it, I have never been a fan of Gearbox's games. The gunplay aspect of their FPS feels really weak to me. Shooting guns in their games feels more like "Player dealt 134 damage to a kobold!" with cool animation, than actually "shooting". I'm not talking only about borderlands, but BiA games and DNF (OK, it may not be fair in that case.) also.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2013, 03:57.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week
6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week Jan 17, 2013, 02:03 durandal

Not a singleplayer content, this DLC apparently has Coop though. It could be interesting if you have a friend who still plays MP3.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 9, 2012, 22:16 durandal

Techie714 wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 15:35:
REALLY want to get my hands on FC3 but I'm almost finished with Hitman:Absolution. Then I've already installed Dishonored for the next game.

P.S. Hitman is a game that can REALLY piss you off. This new scoring system SUCKS. But I will say the story is excellent & the graphics are really nice. 75% of the game is just snaking around guards & if you kill ANYONE besides the target you are penalized, get noticed penalized,dont hide a body in a container penalized, etc. etc. Then at the end of the mission they show you your score compared to others around the world/U.S. and basically it's like they are saying..."Oh you couldn't do any better?".......

Yeah I hate that scoring system too, but Dishonored was even worse for me, as it affect the later difficulty/ending. Because of the fear of getting the bad ending, I played as stealth/pacifist style till the end. It was frankly the most boring FPS experience I've had in years.

I know it's an awesome game, but I feel like I did't enjoy it as much as I should.

News Comments > StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Beta Patch
3. Re: StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Beta Patch Dec 5, 2012, 20:22 durandal

At least the singleplayer campaign was enjoyable.
Diablo3 on the other hand...

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Launches
17. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 22:34 durandal

I don't really see the point of this.

First, you have to put PC next to TV, unless you have long HDMI cable.
You have go over there to push power button to start PC, unlike consoles, which you can start by pushing center button on your wireless controller.

Second, on Windows you have to start Steam first and then turn on Big Picture mode, which requires using mouse. even if your mouse is wireless, it's kinda annoying to use it without desk to put it. Moreover, if you have a wireless mouse, it's just easier to click on the shortcut and start up the game straight away, then use gamepad.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
46. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 10:37 durandal

Yeah, ME1 was a gem.
It seems people tends to praise ME2 to criticize ME3 but I really didn't like the second one. Story wise it was really poorly written; nothing but a patchwork of bunch of flashy cut scenes. No substances whatsoever.

It focused around recruiting your team, but even that was done pretty half-assed.
All new characters were so shallow and had one dimensional-personalities. It was the cheapest attempt to make characters "unique" , (outside of JRPG).
To make matters worse, they couldn't even utilize those "unique" characters properly in the main story. Did you notice that your squad mates, outside of their personal mission, just follows you around like your personal guard drones and never say a word, even in some situations that seemingly begs for their reactions? That bothered me a lot, especially in games like Mass Effect.

News Comments > The Longest Journey Sequel Plans
26. Re: The Longest Journey Sequel Plans Nov 2, 2012, 04:42 durandal

Jerykk wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 12:28:
Finally!
My word exactly
Dreamfall may be the most memorable game in my gaming experience in a decade.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 02:18 durandal

That's strange. I still play MP game every day and haven't had any problem finding matches. When I click on "Quick Match" it usually takes me to a lobby with 2-3 people instantly, though I'm having hard time finding people when I host the game myself.
Also, the other people in the team usually are from Russia/Eastern Europe judging from their voice chat (Last night it was German folks.), and sometimes the lag is not negligible.
I cannot fool around with my Krogan Battlemaster because of this

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2012, 02:23.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
4. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 13:41 durandal

I was very excited about this game, but realizing it has the the same old FFA loot system kinda killed my expectation for the great co-op experience.

I found the FFA looting system for multiplayer in the first game pretty annoying. A good item drops during the fight and everyone ditches the battle in the middle. Everyone races for the chests and tries to grab everything for themselves. You prefer sniper stance? It's too bad. Even with the highest damage contribution, you won't get anything; in fact, you have hard time even refilling your bullets.
It was nothing but a distraction and I often found it the cause of squabbles(in a freakin COOP game!).

Yes, the game is best played with your friends in the first place, but even then there's a problem. Since there's no level adjustment system like in Dead Island, you need to have a friend with almost the same progression online to have the enjoyable co-op match. Also, discussing over every good item drops kills the pacing of the game.

It's a shame they didn't implement the instanced (individual) looting system like in other recent MO/MMOs. It could solve these problems once and for all.
Actually the only thing I liked about Diablo 3 was that loot system.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2012, 13:48.

News Comments > Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations
28. Re: Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations Sep 13, 2012, 04:31 durandal

Indeed. People use to appreciate Steam here in Japan, but now so many games are restricted/overpriced no one really bother to buy their games on Steam (except for sales obviously.).

What bothers me more is it's inconsistency. Some games are restricted but some are not, despite them being published by the same company. A game is not available, but its DLC is being sold like it's normal. Some are taken out just before the release date, come back 2 years later, and then disappear again.

They are controlling alright, but also don't seem to be very good at it.

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC Pricing
27. Re: Mechromancer DLC Pricing Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 durandal

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 13:49:
finga wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 13:45:
You know, it's not a problem on PC, but Gearbox might have a tough time on Xbox 360 with this DLC. As you probably know, Microsoft doesn't allow the user to download DLC content they don't own, even if it's content that's visual-only - to properly display players that DO own it. Additionally, title updates are not allowed to add significant amounts of game data. So what happens when a player using the Mechromancer joins the game of someone who doesn't own the DLC?

Are they going to have to separate players that do own DLC from those who do not? What happens when you want to join your friends and they don't have it? Sorry sir, they need to buy a thing just so they can properly see a couple of models (Gaige and Deathtrap) and skins?

Unless the Mechromancer textures and models are already on the disc (and it's the gameplay tweaking and skill point adjustments they've been working on the last few weeks)... but people will still likely complain about on-disc DLC, even if there's just no other real way to do it.

I think the textures and models are likely already included in the game files. And people who don't understand game development will freak out.

Mechromancer is almost definitely on the disc and therefore will be part of everyone's game.

It's not true DLC, it's day one DLC made to generate revenues from people buying used. Sure, you can buy used, but you need to pay the dev an additional $10 to get the full version you would have had if you bought new.

I doubt it's on the disc. This is not a Day 1 DLC; they stated that they haven't finished the character yet, and that they started working on it after the main game was finished. The game has gone gold roughly a month ago. Considering a few weeks of certification phase, the product was complete even before that.

I remember reading an interview article a few weeks ago saying they were still undecided what to make of this character class. Heck, there weren't even the the character model until recently. (just a rough sketch)

If it were a Day 1 DLC, they could have provided the more detailed information with at least the character model at the first announcement. That way they could have attracted more people for their pre-order deal.

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
33. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 21:27 durandal

I bet they'll distribute the game via bit-torrents.  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
50. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 9, 2012, 13:34 durandal

That's Dark Souls.

Also, Space Marine was "a complete mess" ??? I've never heard anyone had any problems with it.
In fact I heard quite opposite. (Even low spec PC could run the game smoothly while having screen full of enemies and explosions, etc.)

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2012, 13:40.

46. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 9, 2012, 11:52 durandal

Cpmartins wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 10:25:
Indeed they cannot. They can make better games than darksiders 2 though. And have. Many times over.

Oh come on! Even you have to admit that the most of (NOT ALL) indie titles are pretty short, shabby and shallow due to small budget.

Maybe you enjoyed some indie title better than Darksiders 2, but sadly I don't know any that I enjoyed that much.(Amnesia was great, but it didn't last 40 hours.)

By the way I don't regard Darksiders 2 as a masterpiece in gaming history or anything, Although I think the guys at Vigil did a tremendous job creating the game with this much contents.

Again, I respect the indie devs. But I sincerely hope that that is not the future of PC gaming.

38. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 9, 2012, 10:21 durandal

I respect Indie devs and enjoyed quite a few, but cheap is cheap.
Indie can never make games like Darksiders 2.

118 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo