Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Val Radborne

Real Name Val Radborne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mist
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 13:43
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 55747

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
21. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 15:50 Mist

Syndicate gameplay trailers look awesome, I dunno what you guys are talking about. Definitely looked like a buy to me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Casting Call
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Casting Call Nov 30, 2011, 01:16 Mist

Translation: Building full of bored nerds looking for hot redhead to prance around.  

News Comments > Space Marine Postmortem
2. Re: Space Marine Postmortem Oct 12, 2011, 21:49 Mist

This game is way more enjoyable than the scores would lead you to believe. Multiplayer is very enjoyable too, at least on the PC and 360. Who knows about PS3.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2011, 13:24 Mist

Damn, Space Marine not having very long legs.  

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
2. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 10:19 Mist

I'm in F&F and this report is absolutely not true. The game is very heavily affected by latency.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 11:14 Mist

People won't be able to 'turn pirate' in this case. The whole point of Blizzard's setup with no offline single player is that they do not have to distribute a clientside version of the game's server code. Because the code that actually runs the game will not be available, it would take the creation and distribution of something like an MMO free server in order to play the game offline, and for a fast paced game with complex mechanics, I doubt you're going to see that pulled off anytime soon.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
51. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 18:18 Mist

The Alpha version of the web interface was a lot better than any previous game's ingame interfaces. The stats page and everything were laid out a lot better and were a lot more interactive. The Friends/Party interface was better, although better in this case means 'more Facebook-like' which is not necessarily a good thing, but it's not terrible either.

The really cool thing about the game literally just being the game and nothing else is that it makes the client extremely lightweight. I was able to tab and swap from fullscreen to windowed smoothly at any time during gameplay, including during loading screens, to interact with the web interface between rounds.

News Comments > EVE Online Landing in Japan
3. Re: EVE Online Landing in Japan Jul 8, 2011, 23:12 Mist

Pretty sure 0.0 gameplay is completely broken at this point, so it hardly matters.  

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
5. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 12:11 Mist

Slashman wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 11:52:
Verno wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 11:25:
Of course not, it's a fucking database flag. It always kind of galled me that Blizzard charged for something that is entirely automated through scripts. They always used the support staff excuse but those people already existed for other departments.

MMOs have always charged for stuff like this. Name changes too. People are willing to pay I guess. And if they aren't...then they're still paying a monthly sub and the company hasn't lost anything
Yeah, but what about the people who quit because their server sucks, or all their friends ended up on another server, but don't feel like paying the fee? That's a lost sub.

News Comments > Free-to-Play Games on Steam
1. Re: Free-to-Play Games on Steam Jun 14, 2011, 15:06 Mist

Need to get APB on there, I'd even pay for that game if I could use the steam wallet instead of their terrible system.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Details?
4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Details? May 10, 2011, 21:28 Mist

"They say the game is in development at Infinity Ward with an assist from Sledgehammer Games, and that they've "also heard that Raven Software may be involved." They say the game will include more combat on U.S. soil, but "it looks like it won't be another take on Red Dawn, a post-U.S. invasion storyline already explored by Homefront," though that distinction is not explained."
I would assume that means that it'll have missions with terrorist attacks on US soil, ala games like R6 Vegas.

News Comments > GTA5 Footage Leaked?
4. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 17:05 Mist

Pretty sure that's Just Cause 2.  

News Comments > ABP Closing
8. Re: ABP Closing Sep 16, 2010, 13:56 Mist

It was a pretty fun game, they just had no business model and spent way too much money. The game was technically impressive, any game that lets you drive around with 3 friends all shooting out of windows of the same truck in an 80 person instance without lagging is pretty impressive. It just couldn't compete with Battlefield and CoD4, neither of which require monthly fees (yet.)  

News Comments > APB Rescue Nears?
3. Re: APB Rescue Nears? Sep 9, 2010, 22:19 Mist

It really wasn't that bad of a game. It was fun for about 6 weeks, at like 50+ hours a week, which is better than most games I've played lately. It was not, however, better than BF:BC2 which is why it failed, because that game doesn't cost monthly.  

News Comments > APB Licensing Deal
3. Re: APB Licensing Deal Jun 9, 2010, 09:46 Mist

To be fair, what little content they have already is pretty fun. And while being instanced, its instances of 100 players at a time, which is bigger than FPS servers for every modern game other than MAG.  

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo