Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 109 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 16:56 Leper

No, we didn't ask for more maps, we asked for a random map generator! No sale!

Probably not doable in this engine.

Not to mention difficult to do well (generate quality maps that are playable and fun). I'm sure they looked at it and will look at it again in the future for future expansions or new games. Civilization has always had random maps so you can't say they aren't aware of the idea.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
53. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 15:57 Leper

I can't imagine any situations where the context would lead to confusion about whether you're talking about the operating system or the general distress signal.

Scenario 1: A group of old college buddies gather at a remote mountain cabin for a weekend of drinking, hunting and gaming in the winter of 2018. SteamOS (commonly referred to as S.O.S.) is well established and now the choice of LAN gamers due to extensive networking features released by Valve earlier in the year. Despite climate change (or perhaps because of), a terrible storm not seen for decades is bearing down on the area... No, actually I believe you are correct.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
6. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 13:13 Leper

It seems like I've been seeing news about this game forever. Stop announcing games so early in their development life-cycle!  

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
17. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 15:42 Leper

I haven't seen it but I think people were saying the ending was also leaked. That's a pretty major spoiler if true.

Whose fault is that? People don't have to read the spoilers. The ending will be known on release day, anyway.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
38. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 22, 2013, 18:26 Leper

Apparently there are 80 maps in the original game and they are increasing that to 120. Why does it seem like there were like 40 maps in the original game? I played it a few times and saw the same ones over and over. Maybe I just got unlucky.

It does sound like they're adding a lot. Definitely interested in playing it through a couple more times. I'd like to hear more about the strategic mode improvements though.

News Comments > GTA Online Trailer
10. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 12:15 Leper

This looks like it would be CheatFest 9000 on the PC. Would still be fun, though.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 12:41 Leper

I was one of the people waiting for FEZ to go on sale or drop in price, but I imagine a lot of other people saw that it was on sale, looked at the reviews and decided it was worth it. So far, it's been a great game.  

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
30. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 20:55 Leper

L.A. Noire is another new IP that was released on PC.

Let me just add that the L.A. Noire port was very well done (they even added DirectX 11 support). Hopefully they will maintain that level of quality if this is ever ported.

News Comments > Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow?
13. Re: Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow? Jun 4, 2013, 12:51 Leper

And allegedly they're not planning to backport these changes to the PC platform =\ Although after a bunch of rage about this on the official forums, I heard they were going to bring the demand for this up with the developers.... so maybe there's some hope.

Can't we just let it go? I can't see how this seriously affects anyone. The next game in the series will also be OCD-unfriendly if the devs can't focus on it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 1, 2013, 15:20 Leper

I'll play it and enjoy it, even if it is as flawed as II.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
6. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 12:20 Leper

I just wish they'd quit dicking around and put it on PC so I don't have to decide if I want a PS4 at launch to play Destiny. If they put it on PC I could easily push back my decision on buying a PS4 till they release something like Uncharted 4 that I absolutely have to play and is an actual exclusive.

MS/Sony won't let developers commit to PC right away so that people will be more likely to buy a next-gen console and spend ~8 times as much as they would on a game alone. Not that a gaming PC is cheap, but none of that hardware money goes to the console companies.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Bionic Ear Created Using 3D Printing - And It's Better Than Yours May 3, 2013, 14:08 Leper

Sarah Conner?

Terminator reference if that's what you're asking, Blue.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection
10. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection Apr 15, 2013, 13:23 Leper

Last I checked this was unplayable for AMD cards unless you reverted to Catalyst 10. Game crashed within 2 minutes of loading a game otherwise. So i have yet to be able to actually play the beta. This still the case?

They won't be seeing my money until they get their shit together

Sounds like another half-finished game. Pass.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 28, 2013, 21:49 Leper

Yes it does and thanks for pointing that out. Wouldn't have clicked on that link.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 16:52 Leper

They should just all break embargo

Do they even have the game to review? Haven't been following this story too closely, but of course the game is going to get a good review because it's an exclusive. On the other hand, it wouldn't have an exclusive review if it wasn't a good game.

Looks like a worthy sequel, but yeah, I won't be buying it on day 1 because of all the risks with doing that (see Simcity, Diablo, other buggy or overhyped games).

News Comments > Valve Engineer Fired
5. Re: Valve Engineer Fired Feb 13, 2013, 10:13 Leper

Let's hope she was single-handedly responsible for HL3 delays and now they're back on track for a mid-year release

In all seriousness, the best luck to her.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 11, 2013, 20:33 Leper

I think it's mainly news outlets pandering to their viewer base who already have the opinion that the things they don't understand are dangerous, as opposed to the violent movies and guns that they grew up around and think they understand.  

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
2. Re: SimCity Trailer Jan 9, 2013, 23:44 Leper

People said the same things about D3/Blizzard and look how that turned out.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2013, 10:25 Leper

I've been on a tech holiday. Did I miss an AC3 sale?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2012, 21:15 Leper

Your post reminds me of the end of this video which I think was posted here a few years ago: http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/6/is-this-the-world-of-tomorrow-753812

And being crowned the oldest person in the world (for the days/weeks) is the last thing I would ever want.

109 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo