Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 156 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
43. Re: KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE May 29, 2015, 14:13 Leper

El Pit wrote on May 29, 2015, 11:37:
Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2015, 02:35:
El Pit wrote on May 29, 2015, 00:26:
I caved in and bought it for 25. That's quite a lot of money for a console-centered game, I know. *sigh* I'll wait and give it some time to be turned more and more into a pc game with the coming patches.

Not sure what you expect them to add to make it "more" of a PC game. The only thing I can think of is a hotbar, but that's not going to happen.

Really? You don't know? Then please read this thread and the other Witcher 3 threads. I won't repeat everything that's been written here.

At least all the keys are now rebindable. It's evolving into a pc game. In a year or so the bugs have been fixed and it will be perfectably playable with keyboard/mouse.

If you think ANY game coming to both PCs and consoles is going to be a true PC game, you need to get real. Here they managed to succeed in creating a game that wasn't designed specifically for consoles or PCs, but a balance of both. Oh, I'm sorry - you wanted something designed from the ground up for PCs only? Okay, let's go back in time and at reduce the development budget by at least half. You happy now? Because that's what you give up if you want something for PCs only. You get something like Pillars of Eternity. And that is great in it's own way, but it had (has?) bugs. It has dated graphics, audio, etc. If that's what you want, go support PC only games like that (I did). Just don't ask for something clearly marketed as an action-RPG to be some true PC game. It never was and will never be. Witcher 3 is great and absolutely meets or exceeds all expectations created for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
25. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:06 Leper

I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece.

I heartily disagree with most of what Mac says in his Worth A Buy review of the game (with only 10 hours under his belt, by the way), and that's a first for me. I've never before disagreed with him so thoroughly.

You and me, both. The only complaints I have are minor and I imagine they were will be patched eventually. The world is just extraordinary. And it looks and runs great for me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 11:46 Leper

so considering they don't even have rebindable keys on PC

That's included in today's patch, although I'd never play it with a mouse keyboard. I prefer to sit back and play it on the big screen with a controller. You don't really need the high precision that a mouse gives you in W3.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 18, 2015, 11:14 Leper

They should have called this expansion Civilization: Beyond Earth: Beyond Land.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 12:47 Leper

I also want to re-watch CA:tWS now.

I tried that when it came out on DVD. Never again.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 13, 2015, 11:03 Leper

There should be better delineation between sims and games. Like, games sites shouldn't be reviewing sims in general. But maybe the people that go to games sites look at sims as games and want a review with that mindset? Different reviews for different folks, I guess.  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 14:52 Leper

I wonder if I'm getting old or my interests are really heavily shifting.. or both, but GTAV was not as impressive to me as it obviously is to many. Can't wait for TW3. I'm pretty certain that that game is gonna make every other game bow down to it.

I'm in the same boat. Haven't tried online, but SP is not great. It's the same gameplay as they were doing 15 years ago! Only this time it's in a more realistic (boring) world and yeah, the characters are weak. I live in SoCal, so I guess being sick of the scenery doesn't help either. Spending most of your time driving around from mission to mission is not interesting gameplay in my opinion.

Hoping that Witcher 3 has a more interesting open world.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
17. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 17:16 Leper

I know this is going to be unpopular here, but I'd prefer with these type of games of a starter squad/party option. I don't have as much time for each and every game as I once was and don't like having to restart a few hours in because the game becomes too difficult at some point. Researching the internet on party suggestions is not something I enjoy doing.

Regarding this update, I'm looking forward to the graphics party myself since I haven't played more than a few hours and therefore haven't encountered all the other problems that the veterans here have.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
56. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 17:56 Leper

It will cause neck problems, but not necessarily more than anything else. You can develop neck problems from just looking around if you do it for too long. Can't be much worse than gaming in front of a PC monitor.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
67. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 6, 2015, 14:44 Leper

The real question is, is it really worth the artistic effort - and hard drive space - to build 50 hair shaders on top of everything else going on in a real game?

It might make sense in some games and it might not in others. Basically it's just another tool. And hard drive space is always increasing.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Released
1. Re: >Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Released May 5, 2015, 22:20 Leper

Not quite the GOTY edition, but here's the game with all the DLC for $30:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 14:06 Leper

I don't understand how this is different from showing sporting events in bars.

The sporting events have advertising. Even with a game like soccer that has few commercials, the advertising is always there on the field. With GoT or a DVD for that matter, revenue needs to be collected in other ways. GoT with commercials anyone?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2015, 13:26 Leper

I chose to not download the leaked GoT episodes since it only hurts me in the end by creating an unnecessary waiting game to a series which is already hard enough to wait for when it's done.

Yeah, personally I'm going to wait until the end of the season to get them all one way or another, so that way I can watch at whatever pace I feel like. There's plenty of full seasons of other shows already available to fill the time until then. Only problem is avoiding spoilers!

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 19:03 Leper

Sometimes I wonder about the accuracy of these Top 10 lists. This is one of those times.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 15:33 Leper

They could have gone for a totally different and much more interesting system with a high level cap and many level-ups where you get a stat increase here and a new perk there on every level.

It's a trade-off, isn't it? Either have a few meaningful levels or a lot of less significant levels. I personally get sick of constantly leveling up characters. With this game's six-character parties, I imagine it would be pretty annoying for me to be constantly dealing with that.

No one held a gun to their head and said "make this as close as possible to D&D without breaking any laws".

I would argue that most of the backers expected something old-school and D&D-like.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2015, 15:39.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 22:07 Leper

Parts of it will likely suck. Parts of it will definitely be cool. What more can we expect from SW these days? However, like anything else it could exceed expectations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 12:51 Leper

The thing with Mad Men and also Breaking Bad if I recall is that they split the final season into two smaller seasons for various reasons. So what what started with Mad Men last night is the final episodes of the last season.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
13. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 10:51 Leper

I bought into the hype for SW: Galaxies back in the day and I might have dropped some serious allowance on that if they were selling stuff beforehand. Thankfully, they were not, and the only thing I ended up being was disappointed about that. This thing seems like it might go the same way, but who knows - it might be the greatest game ever (with enough funding).  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:37 Leper

Looks perfect.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 12:46 Leper

If only it were playable at that (or any) resolution.  

156 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo