Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 123 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 20:21 Leper

Wow, I thought I was watching a video of Witcher 2 from the look of that UI.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 16:24 Leper

I guess you don't read Polygon much (I don't blame you.) Their "Opinion Editor" is Ben Kuchera, who has been basically a pro-bono "journalist" shill for Oculus ever since their Kickstarter. This is probably the most negative article on Oculus to ever come from that site. I guess they wanted to have some kind of counterpoint to Kuchera's PR machine.

They probably saw the hits were dying off from the positive articles and, like so many others, decided to go the cheap negative route for a quick boost.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 11:14 Leper

Who thinks it's going to be a mainstream hit? I haven't heard any buzz outside of the gaming industry. It's a niche product and I don't think even Facebook thinks that it will be profitable, at least for a while. It sounded like Zuckerberg thought it was cool and decided to throw some money at it as a side project.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2014, 10:57 Leper

They only had half enough earplugs or else only half accepted them when offered. Crazy loud.  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
15. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 12:45 Leper

They should keep doing game periods they are confident they can do well. Mixing fantasy or modern warfare into this series would ruin it. CA might one day do a fantasy or modern game, but it wouldn't be Total War and that's the way it should be.

This game should be great fun like all the others have been (for me). Looking forward to it, but will be treading with caution at the initial possibly buggy release.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free Weekend
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Free Weekend Sep 25, 2014, 21:19 Leper

$20 worth of DLC even after 75% off still too... how much of that is worth it/required?

I'm going to pick most of it up. It's mainly campaigns which sound somewhat interesting. There's plenty to do with the base game and the free DLC, so you could probably wait until the next sale after you get bored with the main campaign.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free Weekend
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Free Weekend Sep 25, 2014, 19:48 Leper

If it's any consolation the DLC is on sale for 75%. I guess it only really benefits the people who own the game but haven't bought the DLC yet.  

News Comments > Deadhold Announced
1. Re: Deadhold Announced Sep 3, 2014, 15:24 Leper

"Myth"... now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. Liked the demo, but couldn't afford many games back in the day.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:26 Leper

i think most of it was there just weren't any good movies this summer. no Dark Knight, no DC/Marvel film, nothing people were really looking fwd to. hell i think the last movie i've seen was xmen, though i kinda wanted to see edge of tomorrow. and i'm pretty sure if interstellar had come out this summer, it would've been the next billion dollar megahit.

Edge of Tomorrow was a good movie and it's sad that it didn't do that great at the BO. I guess it did look like a generic Tom Cruise sci-fi movie to most people. Unfortunately we're going to get less like it and more like Transformers in the years to come. People complain but they still line up to get tickets for crappy movies. I thought Captain America, X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy were good as well.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2014, 19:56 Leper

Amazon has a decent sale going on right now.  

News Comments > Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games
6. Re: Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games Aug 27, 2014, 23:13 Leper

Anyone think GOG is making a piss poor decisions regarding their future? I mean movies sales and abandoning some classic games? If they give up game sales, which is where they appear to be headed, they won't last long.

Or they're trying to survive. They're probably not raking it in from the classic games.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 20, 2014, 00:34 Leper

I'd say that guy has extraordinary balance even if he isn't the best rider. Hopefully he learned his lesson.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 22:07 Leper

What a world. People now pay $110+ to beta test games for developers. Wonder if I can find anyone to beta test my yard and pay me to cut my grass.

It's an option on top of the final game. I'm not into beta testing, but I think a lot of people find it fun. It's a mutually beneficial relationship between the developer and the backer.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
7. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:26 Leper

I liked the first two, but they had their annoyances. Things like the inventory system was cumbersome and the steps required to drink a potion. Also, I didn't really care for the combat in the second one as it felt too realistic or something. These are games after all and the primary gameplay should be fun. The first Witcher's combat was fun even if it was a little odd. I'm sure this will be great for a lot of reasons, but I really hope they worked on these other things.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 1, 2014, 13:47 Leper

Seems like it could be fun.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2014, 20:12 Leper

I'll definitely be seeing the HFR version of this in theaters, but the trailer just doesn't blow me away like the Mad Max trailer did yesterday. I'm glad this is the last one because this world is getting tired. It should still be good finale, though.  

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
14. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:09 Leper

Better to have been cut than to never even be considered. Progress, baby!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 09:37 Leper

Didn't he make a fortune off an early access game?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 11:33 Leper

Considering the failure Dark Souls 2 proved to be on PC, that 1st position is a real wonder. Apparently this "game" had such a good publicity that it passed no matter how crippled - and this isn't the first time!

Not to mention the total lack of support, I wish I could just get a refund and forget about this mistake.

Had they released that for PC first, they would never have sold so many licences.

Dark Souls 2 on PC is the best experience for the game available. It's a port, but we all knew that. It has better graphics and frame-rate than consoles, so there's not much to complain about there. Some people had crashing issues, but there's ongoing support and patch already. It may not play well on the keyboard/mouse, but that's because it was designed for a console controller.

Feel free to complain about how the game wasn't PC first. That is a true statement.

News Comments > From Software Sold
6. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 11:21 Leper

Why would this mean the end of Dark Souls? I'm pretty sure they're still making money with that franchise.  

123 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo