Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Nov 25, 2014, 21:08 Leper

The bat-mobile strafe's? Hmmm...

Yeah it's super goofy, but it still looks fun!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release
2. Re: WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release Nov 21, 2014, 11:11 Leper

Come on, dude - take a chance (if the reviews sound good). Anyways, the price will surely drop eventually.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2014, 18:09 Leper

Glad AC:U isn't at the top of the list, but the fact that it's close with such bad press is disconcerting

Betas and alphas top this list all the time. Some people want whatever they can get right now.

News Comments > SEGA Financials
1. Re: SEGA Financials Nov 4, 2014, 14:05 Leper

Two billion yen? Isn't that only like a couple hundred bucks?  

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
3. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 13:21 Leper

Those indies are nuts, man. Releasing Legend of Grimrock 2 or this one against titles like Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Borderlands Presequel, Evil Within, and soon to be released and thus in hype train mode Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 = balls of steel.

Different audiences? Also at this point when is a good time to release a game?

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 11:05 Leper

A 10 is a bit too perfect to ever take serious. Note to self regarding that website: Don't visit it. Ever.

You might be right that the site is crap, but 10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect. It could mean that the reviewer enjoyed it immensely. Should 9/10 be the maximum score ever awarded since nothing is ever perfect? I guess that's why I prefer a scale of 1-5 out of 5, but even those often have half points where you can get a score equal to 9/10 anyway.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 12:58 Leper

I sure as hell do not want to pay hundreds for windows 8, 9, or 10, or whatever.

I got a Windows 8 upgrade for < $30 shortly after it came out. Some may say that even that isn't worth it, but I didn't see it as a bad deal.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 20:21 Leper

Wow, I thought I was watching a video of Witcher 2 from the look of that UI.  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 16:24 Leper

I guess you don't read Polygon much (I don't blame you.) Their "Opinion Editor" is Ben Kuchera, who has been basically a pro-bono "journalist" shill for Oculus ever since their Kickstarter. This is probably the most negative article on Oculus to ever come from that site. I guess they wanted to have some kind of counterpoint to Kuchera's PR machine.

They probably saw the hits were dying off from the positive articles and, like so many others, decided to go the cheap negative route for a quick boost.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 11:14 Leper

Who thinks it's going to be a mainstream hit? I haven't heard any buzz outside of the gaming industry. It's a niche product and I don't think even Facebook thinks that it will be profitable, at least for a while. It sounded like Zuckerberg thought it was cool and decided to throw some money at it as a side project.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2014, 10:57 Leper

They only had half enough earplugs or else only half accepted them when offered. Crazy loud.  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
15. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 12:45 Leper

They should keep doing game periods they are confident they can do well. Mixing fantasy or modern warfare into this series would ruin it. CA might one day do a fantasy or modern game, but it wouldn't be Total War and that's the way it should be.

This game should be great fun like all the others have been (for me). Looking forward to it, but will be treading with caution at the initial possibly buggy release.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free Weekend
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Free Weekend Sep 25, 2014, 21:19 Leper

$20 worth of DLC even after 75% off still too... how much of that is worth it/required?

I'm going to pick most of it up. It's mainly campaigns which sound somewhat interesting. There's plenty to do with the base game and the free DLC, so you could probably wait until the next sale after you get bored with the main campaign.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free Weekend
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Free Weekend Sep 25, 2014, 19:48 Leper

If it's any consolation the DLC is on sale for 75%. I guess it only really benefits the people who own the game but haven't bought the DLC yet.  

News Comments > Deadhold Announced
1. Re: Deadhold Announced Sep 3, 2014, 15:24 Leper

"Myth"... now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. Liked the demo, but couldn't afford many games back in the day.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:26 Leper

i think most of it was there just weren't any good movies this summer. no Dark Knight, no DC/Marvel film, nothing people were really looking fwd to. hell i think the last movie i've seen was xmen, though i kinda wanted to see edge of tomorrow. and i'm pretty sure if interstellar had come out this summer, it would've been the next billion dollar megahit.

Edge of Tomorrow was a good movie and it's sad that it didn't do that great at the BO. I guess it did look like a generic Tom Cruise sci-fi movie to most people. Unfortunately we're going to get less like it and more like Transformers in the years to come. People complain but they still line up to get tickets for crappy movies. I thought Captain America, X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy were good as well.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2014, 19:56 Leper

Amazon has a decent sale going on right now.  

News Comments > Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games
6. Re: Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games Aug 27, 2014, 23:13 Leper

Anyone think GOG is making a piss poor decisions regarding their future? I mean movies sales and abandoning some classic games? If they give up game sales, which is where they appear to be headed, they won't last long.

Or they're trying to survive. They're probably not raking it in from the classic games.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 20, 2014, 00:34 Leper

I'd say that guy has extraordinary balance even if he isn't the best rider. Hopefully he learned his lesson.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 22:07 Leper

What a world. People now pay $110+ to beta test games for developers. Wonder if I can find anyone to beta test my yard and pay me to cut my grass.

It's an option on top of the final game. I'm not into beta testing, but I think a lot of people find it fun. It's a mutually beneficial relationship between the developer and the backer.

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo