Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 16, 2014, 12:35 Leper

That's pretty insane. So basically knock two points off any Watch Dogs review.

Any scores above 10 are going to look suspect after this stunt.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
6. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 10:59 Leper

It's too late for another MMO.
Wait another generation, then try again.

I am project manager of H1Z1. I read your post and know you are soothsayer. Game is officially canceled. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 20:12 Leper

Pretty sure they said they are working on the follow-up to DX:HR. It's just a matter of time before they announce it even if this isn't related.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
52. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 22:50 Leper

So do the KS backers get a cut? I mean, it was their investment that launched this thing.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 18:26 Leper

uggh, the embedded Youtube video everyone hates...

If any news deserves a video that takes over the front page, it's DLC for COD: Ghosts!

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 11:25 Leper

Maybe it's time to pick finally to pick this up. Big fan of D1/2 back in the day.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
8. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 20:02 Leper

Personally $60 to me is less than 2 hours work. Compare this to leveling an entire character to 90, I like the idea.

Look at it from another way: how much work is this on their end? Near zero. You're paying them with 2 hours of what I'm assuming is hard work for an automated process to run in a fraction of a second. That's on top of what you're already giving them every month. And why? I honestly don't know because I don't play this game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2014, 13:35 Leper

Yeah, the guy has had some bad luck lately.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 3, 2014, 18:22 Leper

I'm guessing he lost control and it ended up looking cool. Thanks for the link.  

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
22. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 13:24 Leper

I see Star Wars MMO will actually be profitable, it wasn't a failure.

But.. but... what about all the fools that were saying SWKOTR was a giant failure that wouldn't even be able to recoup a fraction of it's cost? I thought they knew everything about games and business. They sure acted like it.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
8. Re: Evening Screenshots Jan 16, 2014, 09:15 Leper

i would laugh if Thief was delayed past Q3 2014

Prepare to... not laugh, but I'm sure you'll find someone else's setbacks to derive happiness from.

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
9. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 Leper

I realize I'm being cynical, but I just wonder if they have any incentive to actually finish the game? They already got their money out of it, and then some, so it'll be interesting to see whether they keep chugging away at it, or in a few months to come it'll just peter out and they go to work on the next project.

It's possible, but if they stopped now they would miss out on possible future revenue. These guys don't have everyone's money yet, including mine. Minecraft never really stopped selling even though it might have seemed like a niche game at first.

Plus, the DayZ team seems like people that enjoy what they do and will continue to do it. We'll see.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
66. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 19:28 Leper

I'm optimistic about this. The difference between looking at a screen and being immersed in a world from a audio/visual standpoint is so significant it will be worth whatever limitations the initial consumer product will inevitably have.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 16:56 Leper

No, we didn't ask for more maps, we asked for a random map generator! No sale!

Probably not doable in this engine.

Not to mention difficult to do well (generate quality maps that are playable and fun). I'm sure they looked at it and will look at it again in the future for future expansions or new games. Civilization has always had random maps so you can't say they aren't aware of the idea.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
53. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 15:57 Leper

I can't imagine any situations where the context would lead to confusion about whether you're talking about the operating system or the general distress signal.

Scenario 1: A group of old college buddies gather at a remote mountain cabin for a weekend of drinking, hunting and gaming in the winter of 2018. SteamOS (commonly referred to as S.O.S.) is well established and now the choice of LAN gamers due to extensive networking features released by Valve earlier in the year. Despite climate change (or perhaps because of), a terrible storm not seen for decades is bearing down on the area... No, actually I believe you are correct.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
6. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 13:13 Leper

It seems like I've been seeing news about this game forever. Stop announcing games so early in their development life-cycle!  

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
17. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 15:42 Leper

I haven't seen it but I think people were saying the ending was also leaked. That's a pretty major spoiler if true.

Whose fault is that? People don't have to read the spoilers. The ending will be known on release day, anyway.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
38. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 22, 2013, 18:26 Leper

Apparently there are 80 maps in the original game and they are increasing that to 120. Why does it seem like there were like 40 maps in the original game? I played it a few times and saw the same ones over and over. Maybe I just got unlucky.

It does sound like they're adding a lot. Definitely interested in playing it through a couple more times. I'd like to hear more about the strategic mode improvements though.

News Comments > GTA Online Trailer
10. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 12:15 Leper

This looks like it would be CheatFest 9000 on the PC. Would still be fun, though.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 12:41 Leper

I was one of the people waiting for FEZ to go on sale or drop in price, but I imagine a lot of other people saw that it was on sale, looked at the reviews and decided it was worth it. So far, it's been a great game.  

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo