Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krzysztof Roman Ferenc

Real Name Krzysztof Roman Ferenc   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Iurand
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 19, 2010, 11:47
Total Comments 85 (Suspect)
User ID 55709

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
61. Re: Star Citizen Apr 2, 2014, 03:18 Iurand

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 18:38:
I do wonder though, if games like Project Eternity or Wasteland had open ended Kickstarters, how much money they could have pulled in.

Wasteland store

PoE store

Julio wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 20:59:
Here's my concerns for this game in particular (and I'm sure a lot of you won't agree)
1) Selling ships for cash i.e. pay to win

They all will be available in game for ingame money.

2) The concept of "insurance" in a game
4) Having both a single player and an MMO game

What's wrong with that?

5) Constant emails to sell more virtual things and raise more real money. Doesn't give a good impression.

Can you show me screen with all those emails?

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2014, 03:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 16:31 Iurand

Kosumo wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:19:
What are these other games that members of this team have made? Anyone?

They've had separate team interviews until July. Also in Wingman's Hangars there are members of the team

36. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 16:17 Iurand

InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:09:
Actually that would be Microsoft. And they rescued his last trainwreck of a game Freelancer. What most Chris Roberts 'believers' seem to forget is that he already tried to make Star Citizen ten years ago, and Microsoft had to take him off the project. It was too ambitious, it was too expensive and most importantly it had nothing to show for it. Sounds familar? One of the last good deeds by Microsoft way back when they still cared enough about PC gaming to at least make a profit on it.

Freelancer is the CR's game I least liked.

InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:54:
but right from the start the guy was promising stretch goals that were hugely ambitous at best, and unbelievably unrealistic at worst.

Like what?

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2014, 16:22.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
68. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 15:47 Iurand

Iurand wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 15:45:
bigspender wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:32:
He's dreaming - if it only cost 1 million dollars to get a R&D team that can make that happen then why have no big publishers done it?

Because publishers will only play the safe money.

Because it doesn't cost 1 million dollars.

1 million dollars is a diffrence between previous and current stretch goals.

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:36:
No Man's Sky = 5 person team and very small budget. And unlike SC they actually have something to show for it so far.

You mean they haven't showed anything yet?

Kosumo wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:16:
"Iím incredibly happy to hit this goal as it green-lights a very important research project aimed at improving Star Citizenís long term future."

So it makes the hangar bigger so you can buy more ships?

They already have bigger hangar technology.

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:24:
Again I'd like some clarifications on what exactly 'future iterations' mean.

They want to support this game for next 10 years.

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:46:
So your not the only one that thinks these crowd funders are being taken for a ride? Good. This is a frikin scam. I can't believe how many people are falling for it. What game is worth 40 million dollar creation these days? Let me ask, how many people are on the team making the game? Now let's say each person on the team's salary is around 80,000 and I'm being generous, having 10 REALLY SOLID, EXPERIENCED programmers would then eat up 1 million worth of a YEAR salary. Ok, let's double the employees and say he has a team of 20 making each nearly 80,000. Still, that's almost 2million spent per YEAR on their salary BUT not even. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REST OF THE MONEY GOING?!!!!

103 employees in CIG and 109 in outsourced companies.

fiftykyu wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 21:01:
How does it happen, exactly? Are the people who bought in to the kickstarter way back when buying more space stuff each month? Are new people finally hearing about it? From the outsite it's all a bit mystifying.

average is below $100

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2014, 16:14.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
66. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 15:45 Iurand

bigspender wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:32:
He's dreaming - if it only cost 1 million dollars to get a R&D team that can make that happen then why have no big publishers done it?

Because publishers will only play the safe money.
Because it doesn't cosy 1 million dollars.

1 million dollars is a diffrence between previous and current stretch goals.

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
22. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 10, 2014, 06:53 Iurand

Jerykk wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 18:24:
Pretty sure the window mashing is there for technical reasons. It keeps the player busy while the next area loads and allows for variable load times. It's a crappy workaround but not uncommon in UE games (see the automatic doors in ME). I'd rather just have a load screen.

There's loading screen after mashing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
45. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 05:47 Iurand

PropheT wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:53:
So...what are you buying then?

Nothing. He helps with game development and as gratitude, in finished game he will have more ships.

PropheT wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:53:
If it's like Warframe where you can earn it all in-game or buy it from their store, that's pretty much just buying DLC. EA has paid unlocks constantly and gets torn to hell over it, Free to play games have it as part of their business model... what's different here?

How long did you have to play Mass Effect to get that Prothean DLC for free?

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
13. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 13:12 Iurand

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:26:
"Another limited ship! So rare! Be the envy of all your friends! Get it now before it's gone - FOREVER!*"

(*not really)

It's a starter ship.

Nathos wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:20:
I think what Chris is trying to tell everyone is that he's burning through cash faster than a Kardashian,

Current rate is around 2m per month.

Illumin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:47:
Well if people want to buy it then let them, but why would anyone want to buy a starter ship? Wouldn't this be your basic ship that you will be using all the time as a default ship when all others are destroyed?

It's not Eve-Online, starter ships aren't supposed to be garbage.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jan 23, 2014, 21:06 Iurand

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 18:55:
This is just Assassin's Creed : Mordor.

Assassin's Creed : Mordor Asylum.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Details
4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Details Dec 19, 2013, 15:53 Iurand

More info in 32:20:07:40

I'm pretty sure that's 33 days.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
49. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 28, 2013, 03:28 Iurand

Asmodai wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 18:32:
I think everyone should remember that CR/CIG only asked for $500,000 originally on their KS...

KS was only an addendum to thei main campaign on their site.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 6, 2013, 19:58 Iurand

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 15:37:
Agree. As much as I am looking forward to SC, I sometimes get the impression that they have broadened the focus way too much.
SC is starting to sound like you're going to be busy 90% of the time playing insurance manager, ship upgrade manager, fleet manager, hangar fee maintenance manager, tax manager, medical issue manager (permadeath/injury system), trading network manager etc. etc. etc. and only 10% actually flying and out of those 10% maybe 1% to 5% fighting since space is huge and encounters aren't exactly around every corner especially in the safer sectors.

What gives you that impression?

Wildone wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 19:06:
All we needed was a new X-Wing game and the circle would be complete..

If by X--Wing, you mean Freespace and Nexus...

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
13. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 16:59 Iurand

panbient wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 11:12:
Everything about this pitch sounds rooted in idealism with no regards to the pragmatic reality of larger scale software development. Especially the constant flow of BS about needing backers to make decisions about the base aspects of the product.

Isn't it the way Amplitude made Endless Space?

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 13:10:
There is a similar MOO inspired 4x space game on Kickstarter titled M.O.R.E. - Military, Organization, Research, Exploration.

There's also Predestination.

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 16:23:
Another 4X game?

Endless Space, StarDrive, and Distant Worlds: Shadows released recently, and Horizon, Star Lords, Endless Legends are in development.

Also Star Ruler 2.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
60. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 12, 2013, 04:05 Iurand

NKD wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:26:
Yeah it's basically only useful for people who are already sharing one PC but just want an extra name to keep their friends lists separate.

It could be very useful for people with one account per game. They can share all them with one and never again relog and also playing one game will turn off only one of those accounts, rest should be perfectly available.

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:29:
From what I understand of it this is exactly what I want. I can "lend" games to my wife on her PC's Steam account (or whatever) while I play something else on my Steam account.

She can play Skyrim on her PC, I can play Fallout on mine. We buy one copy instead of two (because why would I buy two copies for one household - that always bugged me).

Then it is exactly not what you want.

Can a friend and I share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

avianflu wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 15:59:
It definitely creates awkwardness when your guest currently is playing a game from your library and then you login, effectively booting him off during that game?? So it is a pass for me. Unless I am misunderstanding how it works.

It wouldn't work with Empire Total War, because single engagements could take hours, but in Rome2 with ultra fast battles... Oh wait, no, turn times. Never mind then.

Cyant wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 16:24:
FINALLY I WILL KILL THE BOSS!!! YES YES!!!! *You have been kicked from the game because the owner of the library launched Super Meat Boy" NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better get efficient with boss killing.

When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?

As the lender, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 18:50:
Ok where is Prez? I want to be his bestest friend ever

Ok. What's the deal with his library?

Ladron3dfx wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 01:47:
It's not your game library, it's theirs. You don't buy games on Steam, you buy subscriptions. You buy access.

I have a better solution.

Buy your games on GOG.com, any game, play it, burn it, lend it to a friend or gift it.

Yeah, except it could be kinda hard with steam games.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 04:27.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
69. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 8, 2013, 07:54 Iurand

Flatline wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 16:46:
WOOHOO I'm glad I was A) wrong (I love me some space sim) and B) glad my 60 bucks was well spent.

Yacht? Ferraris? Coke and hookers? Pepsi? Booze?

No, they got their booze for free. It must be Pepsi then.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 01:15:
You're being facetious I hope? A typical CoD release brings in around a billion dollars.

And we are 2 years from SC's release...

OldTimber wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 03:28:
So the next tier goal will be what 22 mil and they'll be begging for it by adding tablet or smartphone apps?

$5,000,000

Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat.
Increased ship customization.
Tablet companion application to check on your inventory, commission or find missions and get the galactic news feed.

BadIronTree wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 03:43:
[
so their target is 1-2 milion maybe 3

From Wargaming CEO:

"For free-to-play you do have to have critical mass. We have thought about releasing on Xbox One but let's let them release it and get their first ten million players online first. One million is not a good install base for a free-to-play game."

SC won't be strictly F2P like WoT, but CR many times mentioned, he want to duplicate their success and they'll still rely on microtransactions.

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 04:09:
Might all be doable as long as they keep staggering the releases of the modules. The planetary stuff can come after they get the space stuff finished.

Social module, which now looks like this, is scheduled to be released after dogfight alpha.

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 04:53:
The more stretch goals involved (due to over-funding) the more things can go wrong. Quite a few over-funded projects on KS have collapsed. And Star Citizen is a great example of "waaaaaay over-funded". It's wise to spend the money on release day. Just my 5c.

Again, they're not adding anything major.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 07:24:
There isn't much I'd like more than to see Star Citizen implement FPS planetary combat but, as others have said, it strikes me as an incredibly ambitious goal. I appreciate that the CryEngine is built around FPS combat but it will still require a lot in terms of art assets, level design and gameplay design. How are they going to ensure there will be enough other players on the planet to make it interesting? I just don't want it to distract from the core mechanics.

Again, they already have FPS combat and walking on planets. All they need is allow 1 within 2.

39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 16:17 Iurand

After they finished initial campaign,with over 6 million, Chris said, he don't need investor's money right now, and more cash CIG will get from crowd, more power they will keep.

Game is supposed to cost 20-22M in two years, so it's highly probable they won't be needing investors.

35. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 15:35 Iurand

ViRGE wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:13:
It sounds like the $20mil goal is it for major stretch goals. They won't be adding any more major features after that.

FPS mode in game running on CryEngine is major?

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:39:
Was FPS combat always supposed to be part of Star Citizen? It seems a weird thing to add on to a space trading/fighting sim?

Since initial campaign.

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:43:
I wonder if maybe he's not shifting back the release date (which I agree with you is becoming utterly impossible) because he's worried it will affect the funding rate? I can see people donating heavily to something they think they will play next year. Would they be as generous if Roberts came out and said "Look, don't expect this until 2016/2017?"

Alpha of persistent world is supposed to be in december 2014 and since there won't be any reset at release, they'd just keep adding, upfating and streamlining until, they check last position on to do list.

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:53:
I'm sorry, but that is not incredibly easy unless they don't mind it being a tacked on and brief. Art resources, weapons, environments, player models, FPS gameplay all need to be implemented. There is nothing straight forward about that.

They already had fps combat (in space) and walking in station. Now it's fps in station. Easy.

Tumbler wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 13:22:
I'd be more excited to see them build a variety of different starter level ships and make those an option for players who are in the Aurora or the 300i. They already do have some variants of the 300i but I believe they all increase the cost. Having other options at the starter level or just above would be a smart move.

Aurora

Quboid wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 14:20:
It worries me that this originally had a Kickstarter goal of $500,000, now it's at $18,000,000 and counting. This is a completely different project which they're not ready for.

Kickstarter was only addon to their original campaign, which was for $2M + 10M to 12M from investors.

DangerDog wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 15:13:
$100 million stretch goal, have your conscious uploaded to a server and get the true Star Citizen experience*

*player insurance not guaranteed, when you die you die for reals.

Shut up and take my money.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2013, 15:48.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch Friday
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch Friday Sep 5, 2013, 15:34 Iurand

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 08:25:
Once you eliminate a few factions it gets easier to sit through the turns (heheh)

Playing in windowed mode helps (youtube), but game desperately needs borderless windows mode.

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
46. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 15:13 Iurand

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 14:43:
Iurand wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 14:14:
No, they stopped adding new features after 13 or 14 million.

errr...

$19 million

Manage Space Stations Ė Players will compete to own and operate a limited number of space stations across the galaxy.

That seems like a new feature to me.

It's been on the menu since at least june.

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 14:45:
So again, by evidence of this quote $20M is the first major goal. Doesn't say anything about stopping there, quite the opposite in fact.

Why would they stop?

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2013, 15:20.

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
43. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 14:14 Iurand

beaves wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 13:43:
Is this the definition of 'feature creep' ?

If only we had more money then we could add _________.

No, they stopped adding new features after 13 or 14 million.

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 15:03:
So, odds on the price for that battle cruiser? $5000?

Nothing bigger than Idris will be available to buy in crowdfunding.
And Idris is now $5k.

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 21:03:
And what happened to this private funding he had secured? What was it? 10 million he claimed? Well what's their end? You don't just secure funding then turn around and say you don't need it after the agreements have been signed.

10 million was supposed to be given to him if he would be able to get 2 million from crowd. He got 6 and decided to do it fully crowdfunded.

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 21:03:
And Aero, you're correct. This is why so many of us won't go in on this. They've been very evasive from day one. You can't get a straight answer from them. Just them always asking for more and more money all the time. And where did he say 20 million was the final goal?

Not final goal, cost of the game is around 20 million.

Joystick interview

85 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo