Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wash Washburne

Real Name Wash Washburne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wash Washburne
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Just a regular fella...
Homepage http://
Signed On May 13, 2010, 16:27
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 55702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez Gunslinger
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez Gunslinger May 23, 2013, 02:40 Wash Washburne

So far so good, story isn't too deep but the duels are fun and the music, as well as the sound design are well placed. Wish there was co-op mode or duel pvp mode.

Edit: Found a lot of empty spaces where it feels like there should be loot there.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2013, 03:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman Arkham Origins Trailer
7. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:42 Wash Washburne

Sometimes I watch these CG Animations and I can't help myself but to wish for a mini series of short CG films instead of a game, now this theory really works with most of the recent Star Wars games, haha  

News Comments > Syndicate Wars Revival Kickstarter Plans?
9. Re: Syndicate Wars Revival Kickstarter Plans? May 20, 2013, 13:34 Wash Washburne

It's been long overdue, fingers crossed that the suck dial will be all the way down and the awesome dial will be all the way up  

News Comments > Ride to Hell: Route 666 Trailer
5. Re: Ride to Hell: Route 666 Trailer May 18, 2013, 18:42 Wash Washburne

Parias wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:45:
So basically, this is the motorcycle combat mini-game from Full Throttle made into a full-fledged game?

Awesome.

Yep, it sure is. However if we were still in 1996 this might actually pass as it's expansion.

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
28. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 13:18 Wash Washburne

Drayth wrote on May 15, 2013, 13:11:
So I guess the plan is to use Frostbite for all the games.. so I guess no 1313 then? :/

They dropped 1313 the moment Lucas sold all the rights. Unless Disney took it back to the drawing board to be re-released, however I highly doubt it.

23. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 12:50 Wash Washburne

Meh MoH (2010) and MoH:Warfighter weren't really that bad, they weren't good, but they were playable. Would better if EA/DICE released them as DLCs or expansion packs, as a part of Battlefield 3 but not as stand alone game. There were a few neat game mechanics that would serve well Battlefield 4, if EA/DICE actually thought about it for a min. I personally loved sliding into cover while running.

I know its slightly off topic, but had to make a not of it

20. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 12:37 Wash Washburne

Wolfox wrote on May 15, 2013, 11:09:
Verno wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:27:
The DLC shitstorm from the Star Wars games will be worse than any of us could ever imagine

"I'm altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

HAhaha! Gold! The force is strong with this one!

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
18. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 14, 2013, 03:59 Wash Washburne

For me X-Com FPS would only work if it was some sort of a hybrid of Natural Selection 2 and BioShock/Fallout 3 (but without VATS), so far none of the footage, past and present, are really convincing for me to throw my moneys at them, not to mention their version of "X-Coms story" doesn't really hold much value, it's Team America...fak yeah!!  

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
11. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 12, 2013, 05:30 Wash Washburne

Loosing first person view really bites the big one but if they implemented it as a option when you go to aim, zoom into first person view it might have been less painful ,also don't really like the way they trying to tell X-Com's story, which for me is rather important.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 DoS Attack
6. Re: Battlefield 3 DoS Attack May 9, 2013, 12:01 Wash Washburne

"While the motives are unclear(...)"

I would love to hear their motive, I bet it would go something like this:

EA stop being douochy to the gamers and please veer back to the proper path of righteous developers or we shall turn your servers into a liquid shayt!!

News Comments > GRID 2 Trailer
3. Re: GRID 2 Trailer May 1, 2013, 22:54 Wash Washburne

siapnar wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:41:
(...)basically the only reason I really enjoyed GRID was because of the cockpit view.
Now that it's gone, there's really nothing here for me.

Yeah, that's disappointing to me as well. Too bad because I actually was excited about this title.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
23. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 22:48 Wash Washburne

Yet another clone to pollute the market, it's time to move on Infinity Ward, this horse has died long time ago, no marketing magic can resurrect it with it's former glory.  

News Comments > Survarium Alpha Signups
4. Re: Survarium Alpha Signups Apr 7, 2013, 20:24 Wash Washburne

Kind of a mix between STALKER & DayZ mod. Looks interesting and the concept of "surviving" in this world of plants seems neat as well. Might be good  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Getting Rebranded?
8. Re: XCOM Shooter Getting Rebranded? Mar 28, 2013, 01:26 Wash Washburne

Unfortunately it seem that it is still the same pile of garbage that it was before, sad news as it could have been a good way to build on the X-Com universe, just needed more love and some more creative thinking, ah well, back to X-Com:EU

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 01:38.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
64. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:18 Wash Washburne

I played the crap out of BF:BC2 + Vietnam and BF3, still do, every once in a while, I binge out for a couple of days than walk away, just to comeback another day for another 2-3 day binge, even if it's jut to fly around in an empty server. The destructible terrain, vehicle freedom and the sound design, it's most likely what brings me back. But what bothers me is the conservative way they (EA/DICE) deal with servers and still no mod tools or dedicated servers for us to play with, specially that hackers daily keep proving them wrong and constantly manage to ruin some honest gamers experience.

On another note, I kinda wish that MoH:Warfighter was an actual expansion to BF series rather than being a stand alone game. There is quite a few neat elements there, that would benefit the BF series and maybe would prolong its longevity, without jumping into releasing a new title and forsaking the old one. Some things I though was a good step into a proper game evolution (funny thing is they are not new or breakthrough ideas): variety of nations and their top task forces, sliding into cover while running, leaning, backup iron sights (which now made into BF4) to name a few others. Maybe this is something that we will get to see in BF4, who knows, but I would like to, and damn it would be quite awesome if we actually got some co-op maps to roam about with buddies in a innocent whack a mole type scenarios, of course they don't have to be whack a mole type games, but you guys get the idea, it's a good start anyways haha.

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:54:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:52:
Speaking of ARMA3, does anyone have a free pass (or whatever is being offered at this time) that they can pass my way? I'll try to reciprocate from my gift inventory - which isn't that impressive but you never know.

Thanks!

(Yes, I'm talking about ARMA3 in a BF4 thread)
I do have 2 more, message me on Steam and I can hook you up

Any chance that you sir or anybody else might have one left, that wouldn't mind passing along? Cheers!

News Comments > New Warhammer 40,000 TBS Game Planned
12. Re: New Warhammer 40,000 TBS Game Planned Mar 15, 2013, 01:38 Wash Washburne

Total War: Warhammer 40,000, hehe, yes please!  

News Comments > Payday 2 Revealed
1. Re: Payday 2 Revealed Mar 14, 2013, 00:04 Wash Washburne

I admit, Payday with its slightly dated gfx, or very linear way to achieve objectives, it sill provided me with a lot of hours of entertainment and that's with out even attempting the 2hr. stand off, to get into the secret vault at the First World Bank  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 13:50 Wash Washburne

In my opinion all the resources that they have burned through for MoH should have been allocated to BF3 expansion of co-op maps, introducing more nations, new game mods, etc. In fact the should have merged 2 titles into one BF world. Just keep on adding to the BF universe, all players really want is to have a good FPS title with legs, custom mods help that as well. Unfortunately after "End Game" is released, it will be the end of BF3 as most likely all of their resources will be allocated to BF4. DICE might leave a tiny support group to answer angry emails.

Who knows maybe BF4 will be a cross of BF & MoH, only time will tell.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 23:50 Wash Washburne

Lets see, cast Daniel Day Lewis as Adam, hire David Webb Peoples to write a screenplay for it, convince one of these guys to direct it: Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Terry Gilliam, JJ Abrams (pipe dream since he's doing Star Wars and Valve films), get Vangelis to add some original music to the project and we will have a good sci-fi film for our eyes to feast upon.

In my prefect world, haha

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2013, 23:56.

News Comments > Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released
1. Re: Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released Feb 16, 2013, 14:26 Wash Washburne

Go forth and MOD Ooo children of digital era!  

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo