Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bklooster@yahoo.com

Real Name bklooster@yahoo.com   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ferazel
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 7, 2010, 14:38
Total Comments 26 (Suspect)
User ID 55687

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer Nov 21, 2012, 12:51 Ferazel

Ok, great job copying left 4 dead down to a T. You've now got the boomer alien... and the spitter alien... now all you need is the hunter/smoker alien. L4D is awesome, but this mode should have had some more thought put into it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 20:54 Ferazel

Not buying another Stardock game after what Demigod did to me... it had such potential, but it was left to die. If it was supported 1/5th as much as Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, or any other MOBA it would have been a great game. Instead it was a severely flawed disappointment. Hiding behind that "publisher responsibility" is annoying. Someone needed to take responsibility for that, and I blame you.

Also I don't agree with you politically... so I choose with my dollars.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 Ferazel

Cats that old that run away usually do so to die. I'd have them bring it into the vet if they haven't already and check the cat out.

Voyager's opening theme music is probably my favorite. Probably conveyed the best theme for exploration and discovery... too bad everything about the show was generally garbage (space dinosaurs and warp speed lizards).

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
130. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 13:50 Ferazel

After Stardock's major screwup with Demigod (it had so much potential if it was even supported even 1/4 as much as HoN or LoL). However, they thought instead of making a service like most companies are doing nowadays with entertainment software he'd do a standard old school PC release. One big release and a couple maintenance patches. Which doesn't work for breathing living environments like MOBAs (or A-RTS if you prefer) or MMOs that require constant balancing and tweaking. What a mess.  

News Comments > The International 2012 Begins
2. Re: The International 2012 Begins Sep 1, 2012, 12:12 Ferazel

A little late on the news article. They have been playing preliminary games online since last weekend. I've enjoyed watching the games even though USA/CAN teams aren't nearly as good as the top Chinese teams. Anyways, they're playing for a $1.6 million dollar prize pool so I figured that this would be a bigger deal than people give it. Plus the spectator client is free in Steam allowing you to view the games live with commentary.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 16:55 Ferazel

avianflu wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 15:18:
One could buy used cartridge games since the very first consoles and same goes for PC's software on disk starting in the early 1980's.

So why is it an industry-destroying issue suddenly *now*? It is a valid question. Sorry but it all sounds like PR spin to me.

And dont even get me going on the consumer rip-off that is DLC. It is only getting worse.

"Want to see the real ending of Fallout 3? Give me 10 more bucks."

It's not a new problem for the industry, as you stated that this has always been present. However, now that there is technology to counter this problem (always-on internet connection, lack of physical product), you can't be surprised to see developers/publishers wanting to get as much money as they can. You can't be surprised by that deverlopers/publishers are leveraging it to their advantage. Which means the end of resell of which they receive no benefit.

DLC is a topic for another day. Just remember the PC industry had a successful model for many years, but it was called the expansion pack.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 14:24 Ferazel

Beamer: Not a populist opinion but I agree.

Gamers that buy used aren't supporting game developers they are supporting other gamers or GameStop. Gamers are not unique snowflakes. Gamers are consumers. Gamers consume products that game developers produce. A game developer's goal is to make enough money to make another game. If the developer doesn't receive money for their work, the industry fails. If this concept bothers you I think you're out of place in this market.

News Comments > More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming
13. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 17:54 Ferazel

Oh well guess I missed my chance. If anyone else has a beta key I'd be interested in testing it out.

Community Name: Ferazel
SteamID: bklooster

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
216. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 17:34 Ferazel

ASeven wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 17:12:
See, this is how you adapt to change. You change for the better option instead of being lethargic and just accept anything that's thrown at you. If anything, the fact more and more people are playing more and more indie titles, with a growing number of people making indies their main games, will give for an interesting future where the minority might end up being the mainstream gamers and not the opposite.

I don't have a problem with indie games either. I think some of the most innovative experiences are being done by Indie developers. I've probably spent more money on Indie games than AAA games the last couple years. While still in the minority, some Indie games are going to the online service route (see MineCraft). My argument is my viewpoint is more flexible than yours and therefore more likely to adapt to changing system requirements as entertainment media continues to evolve and provide new experiences. While the detractor's opinions don't seem to be as pliable.

News Comments > Million Dollar Dota 2 Tournament
3. Re: Million Dollar Dota 2 Tournament Aug 1, 2011, 17:09 Ferazel

I hope they don't blow their load early trying to promote the game before the game is even out to the general public. I hope they can continue to promote the game past the point of release like this. To me watching a MOBA cast is more fun than watching an SC2 cast, so I hope this can be as competitive as SC2 is becoming.  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
202. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 17:01 Ferazel

Ooh ohh I wanna join in on the fun!

---
Seriously, I think the complainers are oblivious to how this is going to be the future of entertainment media. Whether or not you are going to adapt and change to be a part of it, is definitely your choice. However, if you don't adapt and accept change I will liken it to the metaphor of going to your cabin in the woods wearing tinfoil over your head plugging your ears wishing that the world wouldn't change.

However, take for example some of the modern aspects of popular entertainment. Farmville, League of Legends, and World of Warcraft are all very successful internet only games. They both have integrated ecomony systems that are equated to cash by 3rd party sites. There are very few people whom an always on internet connection is going to be a problem.

I don't doubt that there will still be some indie releases that are going to stroke your egos and tell you you're not crazy. However, the bigs ones are going to try to be as successful as they can be. There are many reasons why game companies are going this route, piracy and microtransactions are the main ones that come to my mind. This type of online system helps with both of these situations.

You stubborn old relic gamers of yesteryear are in the gross minority of gamers no matter how much noise you make. If you don't adapt... well you can always go hide in your cabin with your 486 playing XCom and Tie Fighter until you die. While the rest of us, we will have new entertainment experiences to play with before then.
---

In regards to the changes, I play Diablo for the co-op questing and these changes will unlikely affect me at all.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 11:26 Ferazel

Those are not the Wii U specs you're looking for. These are probably just fan guesses.

IBM has already gone on record to say that the WiiU processor is 45nm not 32nm. The optical disc is most likely NOT going to be compatible with 12 cm discs since the system is not compatible with GameCube as stated by Nintendo. I wouldn't put much faith into these specs. Also the optical disc size has been pegged at 25 GB not 50 GB (see another linked article).

News Comments > Free Week of Heroes of Newerth
2. Re: Free Week of Heroes of Newerth May 13, 2011, 10:29 Ferazel

Now you can get yelled at and verbally castrated for FREE!! What a deal!
Seriously, this game has the worst communities ever. I don't know if it is just a result of the type of game, but it seriously drives me crazy. Especially, since the actual game is pretty fun!

News Comments > Mac Civilization V Released
2. Re: Mac Civilization V Released Nov 23, 2010, 11:38 Ferazel

Civ 5 did not seem well rec'd by either gamers or reviewers.

Uhmm... I don't know what you're talking about, Civ5 is constantly on the Steam top 10 and has a 90 at metacritic right now. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sid-meiers-civilization-v

Some users have problems with the simplified version of things (hence the lower user score), but anecdotally most I know are content with the game.

News Comments > 1 Million GameRanger Users
6. Re: 1 Million GameRanger Users Oct 12, 2010, 00:47 Ferazel

Yes, GameRanger, the best place to play pirated multiplayer games. I do remember the good ole MacOS 9 days though.  

News Comments > Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies
2. Re: Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies Sep 23, 2010, 13:06 Ferazel

I don't think that charging for the online portion of a game (in this case Fallujah for Breach) is that innovative of a move.

This email just sounds like a marketing ploy to promote his own game.

News Comments > Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed
18. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 21:10 Ferazel

I enjoyed HoMM5 as well. I didn't get into the expansions that much and I wish the single-player actually had a decent story, but I liked the gameplay still as it is tried and true turn-based gameplay.  

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
12. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 12, 2010, 23:03 Ferazel

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 21:52:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 21:33:
Finally! A Bethesda game with a decent engine!
Gamebryo is a bad engine? Who knew.

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. However, I'm personally NOT a fan of this engine. While certain aspects of it are good, it seems to be in a perpetual state of transition and it is very hard to learn.

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
1. Re: Impulse Top 10 Aug 2, 2010, 21:41 Ferazel

Oh my goodness a non-stardock game at the number 1 spot... what is this a multi-publisher digital distribution service? Who'd have thunk?  

News Comments > Heroes off Newerth Free Week
1. Re: Heroes off Newerth Free Week Aug 2, 2010, 21:40 Ferazel

I say give this game a shot. It's not a game you'll be good at the first time or potentially the first 30 times. Just start with a hero guide (forums.heroesofnewerth.com) and play a single hero until you get the mechanics down. Then play every hero in practice mode so you can see how their abilities work. You need to know the abilities of your enemies in order to correctly counter and know when to run.

Oh, and please ignore the community as they are nothing but annoying jerks. They'll hate on you hardcore if you start dying, but start getting kills and they'll love you every second. It's a very bi-polar experience.

Also I recommend you watch a lot of honcast (hon.esportmedia.com) to see some "professional" competitive play with some "colored" commentary. Seriously, I didn't think I could get into eSports, but these shoutcasts are pretty professional and entertaining. I would really like to see these on TV instead of say baseball...

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2010, 21:48.

26 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo