Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nurgel

Real Name Nurgel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been using bluesnews for my gaming news since Quake, always been #1 in my book! Thanks Blue for keepin our asses in the know!
Homepage http://thabrutesquad.guildlaunch.com
Signed On May 4, 2010, 22:42
Total Comments 32 (Suspect)
User ID 55681

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 17:47 Nurgel

Flak wrote on May 16, 2014, 16:27:
Fixing this diluted franchise isn't even that hard...

-Limit sniping to 2-3 per team depending on team size, like how RO2 does it, this instantly gets rid of half the noobs who snipe, can't aim for shit anyway, and aren't contributing anything to the game.

Mostly agree, but I don't see the point of limiting snipers. A bad player is a bad player and they'll find their own special derpy way to not-contribute to winning the game.

EDIT: No matter what class they play

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 10:45 Nurgel

Been pretty solid for me too. (Playing it on PC). I'm just wondering if they have fixed the faulty kill-cams yet? Really annoying.  

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
15. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 21:29 Nurgel

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 21:07:
I'll just leave this here.

lol love it

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
11. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 12:42 Nurgel

It'll be a great game once they iron out the bugs, but til then I'd steer clear. Yeah, i'm a premium subscriber.  

News Comments > China Rises for BF4 Premium Members
1. Re: China Rises for BF4 Premium Members Dec 3, 2013, 15:11 Nurgel

Can't wait to see what they did for Dragon Valley, loved that map.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced Dec 2, 2013, 13:46 Nurgel

Thats a good point Orogogus; I've never played the tabletop game. I was kinda bummed they cancelled the MMO project as the premise sounded fairly solid, but nothing I can't get better in BF4 or its ilk really.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced
11. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced Dec 2, 2013, 12:48 Nurgel

Last I recall Space Marine chapters were roughly 1000 strong apiece, plus a pretty vast logistical outfit to back them up. The Dawn of War series doesn't portray them as near as strong as they are in the novels and what not. Terminators Creston are special assault suits that are even more powerful than regular space marine power armor, mostly used for boarding ships and breaking heavy siege defenses, more armor and more guns (and bigger pauldrons, naturally). Moreover, terminator armor only makes up a small percentage of Space Marine ordnance.

So why can't they just make a turned based tactical combat game that mimics the 40k desktop fights already? I'm guessing Games Workshop is afraid it will cannibalize their tabletop sales, like their absurd prices aren't doing already.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 12:54 Nurgel

I've had a couple crashes in the last few days of playing, plus driver performance (for nvidia at least) seems kinda shaky, still getting dropped frames when the rest of the game runs great. Overall its a pretty satisfying experience though.  

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
13. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Oct 31, 2013, 17:45 Nurgel

Night Trap??

/runs

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
50. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 01:36 Nurgel

So far I really dig it. Seems to have fixed most the problems I didn't like with BF3. Bad Company 2 was great fun, I liked it more than BF3 probably.  

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 12:24 Nurgel

Morgan19 wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:21:
For those that played the pre-release alpha/beta/whatever it was, how's performance now compared to then? BF3 runs fine on my system, but in the first day of the pre-release BF4 was decidedly choppier... I've heard they (suppsedly?) worked on that, but I'm curious how much of a difference was made in a few weeks' time.

Yeah, the beta wasn't choppy on my system but it seemed to suffer frame rate lag, like skipped frames. The first couple maps I played on BF4 were liquid smooth but by the 3rd map it had some frame rate lag again? I was asking my friends i was in comms with if they were having any issues but they were either too busy to reply or didn't have issues so didn't say anything.

Basically it runs really good though.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 11:21 Nurgel

Oh and the spotting system for BF4 seems pretty much unchanged from BF3 and Bad Company 2 before that, as far as I can tell. Maybe they ripped it off from the original Planetside? I never played too much Planetside.  

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 11:12 Nurgel

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:03:
Nurgel wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:55:
Played it a couple hours last night and really enjoyed it so far. The pace is a bit slower, infantry don't run as fast as BF3 so tactical maneuvering between cover is more of a gambit than it was in BF3. Still has some kinks and bugs to work out (lol DICE game imagine that) but generally ran really great.

Same here. I played for a few hours last night. The game's performance was stellar. I had one bug that was only on certain maps where I would lose some audio effects in certain places.

But yeah, the game's pacing is a lot different. I played BF3 the night before last and had a good run, but in BF4 last night I was getting my ass handed to me constantly. It does play a lot differently than BF3.

They totally ripped the spotting system from Planetside 2. Well I guess it was from Planetside 2, as that's the first game I played with a spotting system. While I love the spotting system in Planetside 2, I'm not sure if I like it in Battlefield.

Yeah I played BF3 earlier yesterday got 1st one map and 2nd the next, then promptly got rolled on BF4 lol. I can partly attribute that to not having a proper LMG like I'm used to (no PKP or 240B /cry) but the pacing really made a big difference.

I did notice some buggy, jerky performance on the resort-looking map (palm trees, wood bridges, wrecked ship not sure what its called) when the other maps were pefectly smooth. I just upgraded to an i7 3770k and 770GTX 4GB video card so it shouldn't have had any issues I think. The frame rates were fine, just kinda stuttery. Maybe its a memory leak or something, gah.

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:55 Nurgel

Played it a couple hours last night and really enjoyed it so far. The pace is a bit slower, infantry don't run as fast as BF3 so tactical maneuvering between cover is more of a gambit than it was in BF3. Still has some kinks and bugs to work out (lol DICE game imagine that) but generally ran really great.

Anyone who would like to play along feel free to add me:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/BS-Nurgel

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
21. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 28, 2013, 12:54 Nurgel

Should we create a Blue's News platoon? We had one for BF3, though I don't know if it'll transfer into BF4.

I think the platoons carry over? Mine is still intact from 3 to 4. Guess we will find out tonight eh?

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 01:45 Nurgel

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 20:04:
Nurgel wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 13:20:
I'll be playing too in a while too.

I am around - add me.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/The_xXBatmanXx

Thanks Batman I added you, how the heck do you get such a high score per minute like that? That is awesome.

BF4 preloaded yay!

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 13:20 Nurgel

I'll be playing too in a while too.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
24. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 15:04 Nurgel

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:49:
Nurgel wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:19:
My favorite RTS ever, lets hope its true. Its gonna need another epic music score as well, viva ARM vs CORE!

He uses TA composer Jeremy Soule for all his games, I don't see how he'd not get an another awesome score from him for this.

If i recall correctly, didn't they use like the Israeli Philharmonic to perform as well? Added a nice touch of class.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
13. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 12:19 Nurgel

My favorite RTS ever, lets hope its true. Its gonna need another epic music score as well, viva ARM vs CORE!  

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
10. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 12:41 Nurgel

I don't see the problem with having a SP campaign as long as it doesn't detract from the development of the multiplayer segment of the game; really if its basically a freebie (games all cost $60 these days anyways) then whats the big deal?  

32 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo