Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Andrew Baerga

Real Name Andrew Baerga   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname edaciousx
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 49393033
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 4, 2010, 07:47
Total Comments 124 (Novice)
User ID 55679

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
27. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 16:47 edaciousx

tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85714760&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Date Abandoned: Aug. 06, 2013

I somehow suspect it's not Freespace...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 21, 2014, 16:28 edaciousx

that makes a lot of sense. FPS is pretty straight forward. point and shoot, who's better at it. dota 2 has a lot more team strategy. that may be why people are speculating that cs will be bigger than dota.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 21, 2014, 14:03 edaciousx

I heard some speculation that CS Go will be bigger than Dota 2 in a few years. What do you guys think?? Do you guys think CS Go right now is bigger than CS for HL1 at its peak?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 18:47 edaciousx

1badmf wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 18:40:
you heard a fox??! jesus H, how do you still have a soul?

Did anyone have a chance to speak to the fox?

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
14. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 20:33 edaciousx

I really wish they would continue with Unreal series and bring back their single player games. Unreal 1 was awesome, unreal 2 was also amazing. wtf is unreal 3....

Either way, glad to see UT4 is gonna be back, just hope they don't put so much of an emphasis on the stupid vehicles.

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
1. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 18:29 edaciousx

sigh.... I really miss gamespy, especialyl the planet network (planet quake, doom, etc)  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 14:31 edaciousx

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 10:35:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 09:10:
Did Valve actually say there were working on HL3 at some point?

I don't remember if Valve ever directly mentioned Half Life 3. For a while Gabe referred to it as Ricochet 2 during interviews saying it was being worked on in various stages. It was confirmed last year Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah, Dishonored) were pretty far into developing the final HL2 Episodes until that was canceled before being acquired by Zenimax.

Where HL3 stands now is anyone's guess.

ValveTime.net has good info on valve stuff. Based on their diggings into valve stuff, looks like the HL3/Episode 3 team was cut for a long period then brought to 20 people then ramped up to 40 late last year. It appears it's in production again, that's about it.

Ricochet 2 is humorously referred to as a variable for Half Life 3/Episode 3. Kind of a running joke that I think some fan started when he kept asking about it instead of HL3.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 29, 2014, 08:33 edaciousx

I work at newegg.... LOL.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 12:17 edaciousx

If you make new shirts I'll buy one.  

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
2. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 19:36 edaciousx

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 19:28:
Anyone who is putting up a final review with a score for a multiplayer game before the public is able to access the servers should be ashamed. It's as if they learned nothing from SimCity and Battlefield 4. Controlled review environments do not represent the final environment. Giant Bomb has put a review up but without a score and have reserved the right to alter it accordingly after the public release before locking it as final. Anyone who has done otherwise shouldn't be trusted.

I would have to mostly agree. I thought the tutorial was well done but the game play from the tutorial alone turned me off to it. I believe though that this game should not have a final score prior to release...

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
23. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 16:59 edaciousx

siapnar wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:52:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:38:
RAGE was a disaster in every respect
I really don't know how people rag on RAGE for having bad graphics. That game could look absolutely STUNNING at times.
It was a technical marvel in it's creative approach to texture painting.
And no, textures that take 1/100 of a second to load doesn't bother me.

Also, the gunplay was a lot of fun

I have to agree, I Liked rage. Just didn't love it and would not buy it for $50 or $60. But, graphically it was amazing minus the time it took to load textures....

Looking forward to doom 4 here though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2014, 18:53 edaciousx

Omg, descent..... I hope they still make Descent 4. I'll buy descent 1 just to support it! I wonder if you can play multiplayer over steam.  

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
27. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 5, 2014, 13:49 edaciousx

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 01:26:
Hump wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 00:37:
Once again, Lawyers fuck up everything that is good.

It amazes me that companies involved in the arts (music, games, film, etc) have to vett their creative vision to mindless human garbage who almost always are totally clueless to the needs/wants of the marketplace.

Cunts. Wall

And id needed to sell out why? You reap what you sow.

sow noun
: a fully grown female pig

Full Definition of SOW

1: an adult female swine; also : the adult female of various other animals (as a bear)
2a : a channel that conducts molten metal to molds
2b : a mass of metal solidified in such a mold : ingot

News Comments > SOE's SWG Comment Clarified
8. Re: SOE's SWG Comment Clarified Jan 28, 2014, 13:06 edaciousx

Task wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 12:37:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 12:03:
Slightly off topic but man would I like to see a new Jedi Knight game. Those games were awesome with all the different Jedi powers that you could get. Why hasn't anyone made another one? There were those console games but they were nothing like the Jedi Knight games. /sigh

I don't know man, but Kyle Katarn and Jan Orrs are awesome yo. The originals were my favs, the new ones were alright too. One of them even had an expansion where you played as Mara Jade.

Jedi Knight MOTS, mysteries of the sith.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2014, 11:59 edaciousx

How I miss eve online... too bad its a cluster f* of people. PVP is too insane when its 1,000 vs 1,000. Warp bubbles jacked up the game too imo. I miss the 10 man gank squads.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 20, 2014, 18:14 edaciousx

They should bring their old mario games to cell phones, they could really use the money.  

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
2. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 14, 2014, 16:07 edaciousx

BitWraith wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:22:
Wish I had the money I paid for the "Lifetime Subscription" back.

Why do you say that? I never played LOTRO, only DDO. Loved DDO until they brought in epic levels. Heard lots of good about LOTRO but never played.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2014, 23:36 edaciousx

Krovven wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 22:15:
edaciousx wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:39:
PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:21:
UConnBBall wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:23:
The reason it is important is that it is not Microsoft and/or Windows!

I really doubt many people are actually going to care about that.

It's basically buying a PC to just play games, but that can't do other PC things, for something in the price range of a PC that can do PC things -and- play the games. It makes no sense and I don't understand why anyone at all is excited for Steam machines when the only thing they have going for them is that they're not Windows based.

The reason why i'm excited for steambox is because I believe it will bridge the gap between hardcore console/living room players and pc players. It will make communities larger and hopefully bring back modding.

Right now the gaming community is split between 3 platforms, PC, PS, and Xbox when that community used to be all on PC.

So consoles didn't exist until the PS and Xbox's of the world. Funny, I seem to recall playing on both computers and consoles since the early 80's. Frankly Im tired of all the elitist pricks that think gaming can't or shouldn't have multiple platforms. If you play on only one system, it's your loss.

And people saying you can only play games on the Steam Machine... They are a computer. You can dual boot windows. You don't even need to use SteamOS and yes of course you can use a mouse and keyboard. They are off the shelf parts.

Build your own, buy a prebuilt. No different than what you can do now. Just now you could use SteamOS if you want. I just want to buy a Steam controller.

You need to calm down lol.

A lot of people who buy consoles buy because they don't want to deal with upgrades, steam box kind of solves that issue for lazy people.

In the 80s and 90s.... console games and pc games were totally different. It wasn't until the early 2000s when you could buy a game that would have sold exclusively on PC for a console. Furthermore, you can't even make mods for console gaming and then Sony/Microsoft goes and shuts off multiplayer servers for some games then people are left with games they can't play anymore.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2014, 21:39 edaciousx

PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:21:
UConnBBall wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:23:
The reason it is important is that it is not Microsoft and/or Windows!

I really doubt many people are actually going to care about that.

It's basically buying a PC to just play games, but that can't do other PC things, for something in the price range of a PC that can do PC things -and- play the games. It makes no sense and I don't understand why anyone at all is excited for Steam machines when the only thing they have going for them is that they're not Windows based.

The reason why i'm excited for steambox is because I believe it will bridge the gap between hardcore console/living room players and pc players. It will make communities larger and hopefully bring back modding.

Right now the gaming community is split between 3 platforms, PC, PS, and Xbox when that community used to be all on PC.

News Comments > Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development
7. Re: Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development Dec 14, 2013, 04:06 edaciousx

I really hope this follows the rainbow six, r6 rogue spear, and raven shield versions. Vegas versions looked wack.  

124 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo