Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mikey D

Real Name Mikey D   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Closed Betas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Homepage http://www.closedbetas.com
Signed On Apr 20, 2010, 08:25
Total Comments 273 (Amateur)
User ID 55662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Pinball FX 2 Table on Friday
7. Re: Free Pinball FX 2 Table on FridayFree Pinball FX 2 Table on Friday Jun 19, 2013, 08:14 Closed Betas

Grew up playing pinball, bought the whole pack for $55. The games are too crammed to be of any real pinball fun. Flippers are too delayed in most tables, probably to make them harder than they actually are. Just can't get into this. They also had a tournament thing in the game.. But they never had a single tournament, but yet they had DLC the first week, and now more $$$.. Company is getting on my nerves quick...And their games became boring just as fast.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
31. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 00:21 Closed Betas

Hyperthreading only gives 1-2% increase in performance in gaming. It might as well not even have it.

Steroids only gives a slight performance enhancement... might as not even take them...

WTF logic is in your head?

19. removed Jun 18, 2013, 22:57 Closed Betas

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 19, 2013, 08:38.

16. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 22:30 Closed Betas

cool, ea and console kiddies can go in their own direction now... and leave the PC for the men.

This don't make sense though since BF4 is more like a PC game, maybe I should cancel my pre-order, i seen what consolizing a game can do... i alpha tested home front and it was amazing.. the release was god awful as they consolized the shit out of it :/

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access
7. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access Jun 17, 2013, 23:09 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:08:
Pay you to play your beta crap.. Then concept can only work on AAA+ titles. And soon that will fail too..

$10 bucks says you can use the $30 right away... Waste it in beta

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access
6. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access Jun 17, 2013, 23:08 Closed Betas

Pay you to play your beta crap.. Then concept can only work on AAA+ titles. And soon that will fail too..

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
12. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 21:10 Closed Betas

changing market? is that code for, Customers won't buy shit console ports anymore?

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
28. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 18:48 Closed Betas

Linksil wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 18:33:
I've played every BF, but they aren't tied into my Origins account... mostly because I can't find the CD keys for anything other then the exp's and it won't let me tie in my old account. *sigh*

I shit you not they do this on purpose.. every fucking origin update it clears your login, i just patched now, and dont even remember the emial i used

so i have like 9 origin accounts with lost passwords etc over the years from changing isps, etc

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
25. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 18:48 Closed Betas

poor publicity stunt.. a game code stolen.. lol  

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
21. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 14, 2013, 00:19 Closed Betas

Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:55:
NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:50:
Even if they had mod support, we'd never see something like Desert Combat again anyway, and the annual release cycle would fracture the player base pretty significantly to the point where it'd be hard to get a stable modded server community going in the way we had in 1942.

How does CS do it?
Valve lets the mod community do what it wants and it's made an entire industry of harnessing it.

Total different era, I agree don't think Half Life is as successful as it is, as nobody is missing the clue modding kept it alive a long time and they really probably didnt have that sort of focus then, just turned out that way.. But now publishers understand the power of the IP more than ever today... This concept wouldn't work in todays age I don't think... we are at a point of too technology, too expensive, corporate control, that this mindframe would fail overnite from exploitation

god i never have enough time or space to chat what i want to actually say..... sorry if i come off half radical... i way over analyze everthing and have way too many thoughts

20. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 14, 2013, 00:14 Closed Betas

NKD wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 00:00:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:55:
NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:50:
Even if they had mod support, we'd never see something like Desert Combat again anyway, and the annual release cycle would fracture the player base pretty significantly to the point where it'd be hard to get a stable modded server community going in the way we had in 1942.

How does CS do it?
Valve lets the mod community do what it wants and it's made an entire industry of harnessing it.

I'm confused. Valve is about as far removed from EA's annual cycle business model as possible. Not really a good comparison. If EA is releasing a new Battlefield every year with a new iteration of their engine with new features or whatever, you'd have an incredibly fractured player base and modding community.

Think he is confused as he is saturated in the "hype mainstream" market hoopla that is the real goal of publisher. The niche communities are so disintact with the mainstream, wouldn't matter a bit, but fact is... you only have so much resources and time... So of course as you see projects in BF3 such as battlerecorder not even released, as it was too bugged, where would they have time for this?

15. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 23:41 Closed Betas

finga wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 22:04:
I kind of doubt mod support would significantly harm DLC sales at all. What mod support *would* do is force EA/DICE to relinquish control of servers, something that EA makes use of in BF3 right now for money. I think that's the real reason.

Naah to be fair, they want to control their level up system which would be and has been hacked to crap by rogue server admins, who rent servers for their sole purpose of "boosting" and whatnot

Knife only servers are also things that ruin elements of accurate statistical output... I for one always had an itch about the unlock for kniving like 10 guys in a map for a gold star.. I did it legit on a real life multiplayer server.. I got in a smoke grenade on a squad.. i got on them, i knived like 4 of em, ran around a corner, was a dude in a humvee, knived, ran around the corer, 2 more knives, and so on and a memory that will last a lifetime as it all happened in the course of about 8-12 seconds Of course, with everyone on a knive only server, my medal meant nothing to no one.... they had expert already.. <sniff>

14. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 23:25 Closed Betas

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:13:
That is a stretch, I think it's far more likely that they just don't want user created content competing with their own content for sales. They also don't want people playing their older games, they want them cycling between iterations as fast as possible. EA is getting very dependent on yearly models, that's a big part of the reason they've unified everything under Frostbite across most of their teams.

Truth!
More truth!!

Eggzactly.
Remember Tiger Woods what was it 98, a site called Notapro and that game lived on for years... What a community, what a load of fun playing golf day in and day out competitively....
They took it all away on purpose... tried to milk a pay to play lobby around it..(using a horribly hacked up version of the original butchered to death, lol. But of course the greed missed on what core concepts created the communities to begin with and still have not figured it out to date..

But you seen the truth unfold since the past decade + then some.

Of course, corruptilism is so clear now, why am I even posting this.

As for the game, i can care less about the modding, it segregates communities, I like the vanilla, version where competition shines, communities build by clans and intense hardcore tactical training and exploration of the maps and core mental tactics of domination based on knowledge, skill, and teamwork...

Of course this will only come true if there is anticheat in todays open hacking society.... To combat cheating, we need battle recorder..
For the love of god.. make sure battle recorder is in the FOOKING PRODUCT....

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2013, 23:30.

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
15. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 18:24 Closed Betas

Heh, cocky son of a gun aint he... Definitely sounds like he would be one who would screw someone over.. You Can see it in his own words... Who is he blaming the failure of DNF over? He didnt see that before he tried to milk a genre of what he thought would be an easy pile of cash? Guy does'nt know shit about Duke Nukem character, other than trying to be a one liner mastro.. utter failure.. game was horse crap. Probably is willing to accept to be sued to not disclose to the public what failure he was evolved in... sounds like he is the ego maniac

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
2. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 12, 2013, 22:12 Closed Betas

Trying to do F2P right, kudos if it is as it says... But, myself could just not get attached to the game.  

News Comments > NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced
1. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:00 Closed Betas

Published by Activision, Good to see the exclusive rights contracts are done with EA and sports games can come back to the PC.
Now all other franchise owners should learn the power of failure when selling exclusive rights... Well, i guess they can't sail their yachts as much so might be a short hiatus

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta This Month
1. Re: Arma 3 Beta This Month Jun 12, 2013, 21:08 Closed Betas

Finally I can get to work on my MISSION(s)...Alpha was cool, but just a demo IMO, this is going to be an epic month of fun!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage Jun 9, 2013, 16:05 Closed Betas

It's official, games can no longer be called games... every artist and wanna be gay guy in the world has destroyed mankind  

News Comments > Désilets Sues Ubisoft
9. Re: Désilets Sues Ubisoft Jun 9, 2013, 01:39 Closed Betas

so why would they not just give him the IP.... Ubisoft scams again  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
28. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 19:36 Closed Betas

its designed for the console hardware and ported over... thus a port.... i mean seriously you believe what you type here?
Half the games don't even come with anti-aliasing these days

273 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo