Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mikey D

Real Name Mikey D   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Closed Betas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Homepage http://www.closedbetas.com
Signed On Apr 20, 2010, 08:25
Total Comments 273 (Amateur)
User ID 55662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
16. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 23:03 Closed Betas

Okay game finally worked, its a 2002 FPS shooter, quickly compiled for a cash grab, adding in some unlocks and MMORPG leveling... After playing 2 rounds, it was obvious I was the best skilled player in the game, only being defeated by higher level players with better guns... go near them just die, while you put full clips in and nothing....

In short, its a fish in the barrel shooter, small linear medal of honor type maps, making sure the gmae is always run in gun, with
barely little strategy.. a few points to capture to "win" the round..

Now, I am not another one of those guys who says, shooter, dont that, next.. But I am a hater when a shooter comes out that is the same old SAD game, with a cash cow built in to make it playable...

Its bad

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
15. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 20:17 Closed Betas

Failed to start any games from my end... Was more excited downloading then I was creating my character, this is like kindergarten class at game design? I mean nothing really there that I can see, and they want to charge a 6 month subscription??

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
65. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 19:19 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 19:16:
This guy needs more processing power, buying a game for Linux does not harm Microsoft, in most cases the software is multi-platform supported.

The only one getting fucked is IBM, as the PC is a IBM platform, but only a compatible?

What is happening to the country is called Communism.. That is the harm being done having licensed platforms.. Its spreading into all businesses, look around, all parts companies are now having SOLE distributorships, and more, to drive up cost and kill the smaller competition.

And I know a lot of you don't always catch the intelligence in my posts but think of it this way..

Why is there NOT Playstation compatibles.
Why is there NOT Xbox compatibles...
Back in the day there was Atari, and guess what
Tele-systems was Sears product, was a compatible Atari system.
and not Atari, but you no longer see this...

Communism, because no one has the intelligence or care to survive, only control

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
64. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 19:16 Closed Betas

This guy needs more processing power, buying a game for Linux does not harm Microsoft, in most cases the software is multi-platform supported.

The only one getting fucked is IBM, as the PC is a IBM platform, but only a compatible?

What is happening to the country is called Communism.. That is the harm being done having licensed platforms.. Its spreading into all businesses, look around, all parts companies are now having SOLE distributorships, and more, to drive up cost and kill the smaller competition.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
35. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 18:54 Closed Betas

Icewind wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:47:
The MMO has been dead as a genre for years. I know, tell me how everyone and your mother plays WoW and that Guild Wars was bluesnews.com's special game...but you know WOW is only popular due to gamer peer pressure and GW is, well...an old folks game.

The genre is dead.

Now can we make some singleplayer games for fuck's sake?

Sorry, you are just way off base. The problem is the approach of making the game, cookie cutter quest storyline character development, with no true combat, catering to the young player, with no clue how to create an economy or spending time on itemization. This is why they are all choosing the BIG NAME IP's, as its a easy cash out...
Nothing short of big suits, sucking up dollars with no real care for the products... Technology will advance and this will change..

As for single player games.. SWTOR is a single player game.. lol...
So was Age of Conan, so is just about everything else.
Why its online is anyone's guess.. Until a game removes solo'ing ability from the MP games, they will suffer and the game communities will fail because it gives a reason to be a douche.. If you needed others, you'd think twice about how your acting in game.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
32. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 18:42 Closed Betas

I think we need some new laws in regards to F2P changes once a "published" game is sold under a retail state using a published ISBN or whatever technical term is used today.. I think this can be some sort of fraudulent effort. To take a failed production, people invest in, then change it to a F2P model.. So soon, which is obviously already being done, the game sells at lunch, then is given away free, a sucker punch to the unaware consumer. Should not at the very least, the persons still playing who paid be compensated with what is now free? The $60 software bill.

Summed up in a nutshell (i learned of this with EA's Need for Speed World Online) which IMO I think they knew they was giving it away free a month later, and just ripped off all their real fans making it $19.99 at launch.

Maybe a change like this should incorporate some kind of "you must take item off market for 6 months" before changing your business model..... That would be a deterrent and then many won't get hurt... But what will happen if you dont make laws, is the obvious, oh real members will get a token item in their mailbox signifying a "founder" item... Woopdeedoo

News Comments > Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw
35. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 18:51 Closed Betas

lol, they give cleanup instructions?!?! If you been root kitted in todays age, you need to toss out your hard drive and probably your motherboard too in some cases. They can get pretty low... We really have the technology to stop this if someone wants to take virtual machines in the right direction... Also need to segregate common traffic more than currently done. which is hard for me to say since its a step closer to communism.

News Comments > INVERSION on Steam
13. Re: INVERSION on Steam Jul 28, 2012, 09:37 Closed Betas

Thanks for an other console port Namco. Gee willackers. Sorry, when your willing to actually support a platform and not try to milk it for extra cash I might take a look at your feeble attempt of a game. Until then... No Spankyou  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
42. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:26 Closed Betas

Don't most healers roll healers to heal themselves?

41. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:22 Closed Betas

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 21:01:
Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:56:
You're lost man, you don't even understand what im saying because you refuse to process it on the sole point if it being in general negative.

Yea, I've lost...there's just no way I can compete with someone who resorts to horrible attempts at character assassination instead of actually making a reasoned and intelligent argument.

Notice the self justification spells? You should be rolling a guardian, or lets be honest, your pure healer material. Quit trying to be the DPS sorcerer and starting healing us already.

38. removed Jul 26, 2012, 20:56 Closed Betas

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 27, 2012, 09:31.

37. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:55 Closed Betas

Is he going to attack my grahmer now, is he going to start buffing himself like a MMORPG, start casting assumptions on who i am? lol, he already has... He is the antiwhiner, ironically whining about someone elses whines.. hahahahha they are known as social parasites in the new online comm studies

I have no need to attack your grammar, but when you start playing at attempts to appeal to an authority, you might just want to at least get the basics of posting a message on the Internet (you know, like how to edit a post by pushing the "Edit" button) down first.
You're lost man, you don't even understand what im saying because you refuse to process it on the sole point if it being in general negative.. THat is why you are the weak one here sir, and you wish to remove what offends you.. Just like i swat at flies in my face... That don't justify whatever pathetic point your trying to make, you dont like me.. great... telling me im an idiot, makes you the idiot..

Let's further persuade into your life here, since you challenged me.. You seem to think your a player and not a gamer... Let me guess...
Your an ARTIST right? Exactly what my preachings are stating, the wrong people are in the gaming industry.. using games to EXPRESS themselves and their homosexual nature... Your into anime I presume? Have little 12 year old paintinsg of little girls around your room, and your what 30-40 year old male???

Seems you're spending your internet life looking for existance, sadly you're nothing and there's so many of you that the industry is collapsing with these pathetic stories that engage your weak emotional mentalities...

Sorry man, but gamer is what you are, and player is what i am, dont even think you can compete on a real game... Something tells me your playing LOTRO right now with lady goga and rhianna blasting in the background eh?

34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:36 Closed Betas

The irony is, you are attacking someone who is negative because you are weak and can't handle the negative. I attack principle, not individuals, quite big difference.. You attack what you think you are stronger then because your offended. You are hurt, by another mans speech, that is the sign of weakness we instantly see and need not assume the rest.. You sir, are nothing short of "little". Sit back down because you can just get up and flex in the mirror... You will never change me, and you will get butthurt trying.

Is he going to attack my grahmer now, is he going to start buffing himself like a MMORPG, start casting assumptions on who i am? lol, he already has... He is the antiwhiner, ironically whining about someone elses whines.. hahahahha they are known as social parasites in the new online comm studies

32. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:24 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:22:
aww, poor weak human can't handle the truth and negativity in todays market... I created the games in the 70-90's son... Respect teh grand daddy of gamers, not this pathetic story sob shit for people who have no lives and need to dream... This game was a game for playability and we PLAYERS unlike you gamers would like at LEAST 1 FUCKING GAME left functioning for some sort of competitive play. I don't need the illusion of being a super hero to get thru your sad pahetic life where you need butterflies and unicorns..

31. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:22 Closed Betas

aww, poor weak human can't handle the truth and negativity in todays market... I created the games in the 70-90's son... Respect teh grand daddy of gamers, not this pathetic story sob shit for people who have no lives and need to dream... This game was a game for playability and we PLAYERS unlike you gamers would like at LEAST 1 FUCKING GAME left functioning for some sort of competitive play.  

27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:12 Closed Betas

They are scaring me away...

Cinema? Goofy ridiculous phoney combat? Jet Packs?!?!
Flying around soloing ships in a jet pack?

Starting to think its time to sell the computers...

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:07 Closed Betas

Steazy wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:27:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:18:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:28:
Cool trailer, but the graphics engine itself is just okay, IMO. That being said, it's good enough (and has to handle a far draw distance), and so it will all come down to the gameplay.

One thing that concerns me is that there's no endgame, so I'm wondering if anyone in the beta can comment how the missions and gameplay work. It's not like Tribes or BF3 where there are missions with goals that end, and you restart. It just goes on forever.

Planetside is a sandbox shooter it doesn't need an endgame. If you watched the E3 streams and the Total Biscuit stuff you would know they have other continents. Any one can jump in and enjoy the game and battles will rage on for hours compared to the 10-30 minute ones on typical shooters.

PvE isn't the point of this game at all.

Right, but that's kind of my point. Imagine WoW for example, without PvE. Would people be attracted to that if they could just kill other people and capture castles or something? I'd think folks might get bored quickly, so I'm wondering what's the long term hook? Weapon unlocks? Achievements?
Gameplay

Its twitch based, its action within itself, its also massive team based, so you are actually playing GI Joe with your friends and in numbers... Casting Spells on your 1-9 keys while drinking a Jolt Cola won't matter, proper flanking, strategies and whatnot apply....
Add in tanks and attack ships etc... Mad fun.. or will SOE fail us with this F2P model?

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
39. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 19:52 Closed Betas

I'm seriously to the point that MS should just get the fuck out of the game market.. They are clueless money lubbing idiots, that they would market they're way out of the greatest content ever produced, if they could somehow muster up that content.. (Fat chance)

I spent some time TRYING to help them in AOE Online.. what a bunch of asshole snobs they were, and their products and systems were complete shit annoying the fucking people that helped them for FREE, and they're attitudes prove to me, this company can't succeed ever again in this realm.

Yeah, as soon as I seen the DLC on a F2P game totalling over $100, yeah it was obviously another marketing failure before it even started... Nice try, make a game only MAJOR SIM FANS WOULD LOVE, and skip on the SIM, lol failboat 101

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 19:59.

News Comments > TrackMania 2 Free Platform Pack [Updated x2]
2. Re: TrackMania 2 Free Platform Pack [Updated x2] Jul 25, 2012, 19:26 Closed Betas

Axis wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:59:
Someone needs to inform Nadeo that it takes a focused team to make anything worthy of an "Esport" like they are trying to spin shootmania.

Especially considering how shootmania, in its current form, is a joke.

Ugh, don't be fooled by them trying to capitalize on the term "Nadeo"
UBISOFT is the owner now....

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
37. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 18:51 Closed Betas

Yeah you guys are taking it out of context, think what ipads/tablets would be without the games..... A coaster... Game support would bring more casuals to the os, whereas just geeks now use it..

Anyhoo, I don't agree with windows 8 destroying the pc market, for starters, its already destroyed... 2ndly, i dont know ANYBODY who carees to invest in windows 8> I am still pissed at the money i spent on vista and windows 7, not doing it again.. for what?

Why would anyone care to waste money for windows 8? its simply too late

273 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo