Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mikey D

Real Name Mikey D   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Closed Betas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Homepage http://www.closedbetas.com
Signed On Apr 20, 2010, 08:25
Total Comments 273 (Amateur)
User ID 55662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
75. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 22:37 Closed Betas

Pyloff wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 20:54:
Why doesn't anyone point out the draconian update measures Steam forces on it's consumers.

I had sworn off the platform however the discounts were unavoidable.

Why can't they leave all versions open and have a opt in process for which version to play. The underground sharing of exe's in the forums?

I just figured out how to get around Steam stupid policies
Don't see where it says one account per person.

Get a domain....
Make Emails
rift@mydomain.c0m
ghostreconwarrior@mydomain.c0m
myfreegame@mydomain.c0m

For every software you buy create a new steam account... LOL

That way if you get in argument... they can only hurt that one piece of software.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

74. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 22:34 Closed Betas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 20:39:
Closed Betas wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 19:02:
Ugh Steam is DRM, lol. And when your first issue arises with them and they ban your entire account of 400 titles, don't come here crying.
Or if your computer gets hacked and they run a cheat and you get banned.. Don't come here crying, or when your 9 year old decides he wants to install a aim bot... And Steam locks your entire account. Dont come here crying. Or when Steam, decides on issueing new terms that you can't agree too... Please note, you can't even uninstall the software without accepting the terms.
I'm well aware that Steam includes a form of DRM. As for the rest of your statement, I've been using Steam for over 7yrs and none of that stuff has ever happened to me or anyone I know. There's definitely room for
improvement but your whining doesn't match reality.

You just stated you wanted to use Steam for DRM free software..
Stating you facts is whining? Don't know anyone? Now you do know someone who has had issues with them... ME.

Have a piece of cheese, cuz whining I will do. People who can't handle the whine are todays problems, lets just sweep the problem over there bob, i dont want to here the truth today.. Sorry you're soft, but maybe you should turn off the internets in that case..

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins
2. Re: Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins Aug 8, 2012, 22:20 Closed Betas

oh wait, Ubisoft... and worse yet.. UPLAY.. Lol pass...

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins
1. Re: Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins Aug 8, 2012, 22:17 Closed Betas

Probably a waste of time, but I gonna check this out.  

62. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 19:02 Closed Betas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 15:30:
gradbot wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 15:17:
I wonder if valve up'd their time table on releasing this because of Windows 8? It's no secret that Gabe feels threatened by it given his past comments.
Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence. But Valve could have done this years ago. And it's the same with media - I'd much rather buy all my media (DRM free) through a centralised service like Steam where I can redownload it whenever I please. Especially with Steam style sales. I rarely buy TV shows, movies or music but would very much more likely to if they were available through Steam, DRM-free, redownloadable and offered at a sensible price.

I also think it's a mistake that Valve hasn't done enough for touchscreen devices, particularly the casual market. Although I'm not much into that myself by not getting there more quickly Microsoft will be able to dominate the market without any competition.

Ugh Steam is DRM, lol. And when your first issue arises with them and they ban your entire account of 400 titles, don't come here crying.
Or if your computer gets hacked and they run a cheat and you get banned.. Don't come here crying, or when your 9 year old decides he wants to install a aim bot... And Steam locks your entire account. Dont come here crying. Or when Steam, decides on issueing new terms that you can't agree too... Please note, you can't even uninstall the software without accepting the terms.

61. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 18:56 Closed Betas

No thanks Gabe, not interesting in renting my bookshelf from you. I can own it for the same price... Toodles!!  

News Comments > PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released
9. Re: PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released Aug 8, 2012, 08:34 Closed Betas

Too late, took way to long to add content, customization was first hyped and it was shit...

Only reason you can get games now is the sales, once they stop the game stops.

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
46. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 22:34 Closed Betas

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 20:21:
Yep, that's exactly why I've stopped playing lately. It's bad enough having to be wary of trigger-happy players 95% of the time you spend playing, but the increasing likelihood that you will be insta-killed, crippled, teleported, or otherwise fucked with at literally any time is just too much.

Lots of hackers just make themselves completely invisible now... I ran into one who chatted with me a bit, and when I went to move along and go about my business, he turned me into a zombie and left me helpless as I attacked him a few times (I'm sure he was invulnerable, too) and then killed me.

Thank god I had already decided at that point that I wasn't going to take the game seriously anymore, like really try to find good gear and survive as long as possible, because to meet a stupid death like that at random would be completely unbearable. Can't imagine the frustration some players feel when they lose a full set of choice gear falling victim to some jackass who gets off on trolling others in a damn video game...

It's become so rampant, that I bet around half of ALL players have at least one item that was just spawned into the game on a whim, whether directly into their inventory by oddly generous hackers or found on the bodies or ground leftover from some script-kiddy's joyride. You know I've seen a boat, a drive-able water vehicle, on top of the control tower at an airfield? I'd like to know where the hell the admins are on these servers, because of a lot of it's blatant like that. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the admins are ones doing the hacking, or else exploiting what tools they have to achieve similar effects.

I hear you, its all caused by the publishers of games not banning people on their end.. Now its out of hand as they are not afraid. But you can perm ban these guys, but you must report them... Know how to get their GID, once database banned, their copy of Arma is toast on DayZ forever.

News Comments > BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha
9. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 19:03 Closed Betas

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 18:23:
UGH. Like others, I saw this title and almost shit my pants.

But no, this is not a remake/continuation of Battlezone/Battlezone II, ie two of my favorite games, all time.

On the other hand, it does appear to be some sort of ripoff of that classic game, Airlift or whatever it was called, the side scrolling chopper game from the 80s where you rescued PoWs and could randomly shoot up everything else? I played the hell out of that in my Apple II days.

*Note to developers: never, NEVER, use the name Battlezone.

Think your talking about Choplifter? in which they just did make a new version of...

Anyhow, it seems they don't know their own audience, or perhaps side stepping it... Does it play with a flight stick? Or is it arcade?

News Comments > THQ Results: InSane Cancelled
6. Re: THQ Results: InSane Cancelled Aug 6, 2012, 20:32 Closed Betas

Not surprising, but wow, they had a chance to be the next big guy and just tanked at it in the last 3 years.. They had so much IP under their nose and just stunk the place up.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed
14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 19:00 Closed Betas

Nomaar wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:58:
You had to be a paid subscriber as of 8am Pacific this morning to be in the first wave of invites. Paying for a subscription now won't get you in any earlier.

Thx

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:52 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:50:
Ugh oh, I just quit Steam. Bye PS2.

So if you resubscribe, do you get your invite, if you were already registered for beta? And I am not reviving a 5 year old account, I actually was paying for it 2-3 months ago, but just recently cancelled my sony thing cuz its a waste at $19.99/m

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:50 Closed Betas

Ugh oh, I just quit Steam. Bye PS2.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 5, 2012, 21:57 Closed Betas

Negative posting FTW... Simply, post low numbers now, show high numbers later and MoP up the cash

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
11. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 16:49 Closed Betas

Absolutely, no interest.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2012, 18:28 Closed Betas

Good to here Blue, Research Pee Pee Pads, they are amazing, dogs will learn just to pee on crap on them....  

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
18. Re: Bullet Run Launches Aug 1, 2012, 19:01 Closed Betas

LOC wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 05:58:
You do know this game has been in development for like, a long time right? Before SOE snagged it up 2 or 3 months ago, it was known as Hedone Online and was in closed beta (which I was in btw) for quite awhile. Also, depending on who you believe and what you want to believe, it was also Parabellum previously also.

Ughm might be the same models and whatnot, but not the same games.. I played both of those in beta and its not them. Parabellum was a lot better game IMO too, just was no point to it.

Its common to share engines and models etc and build off that... I believe APB was originally the Scarface landscape, sure seemed like it to me in early beta, could see the coastline etc... But assumers can be wrong so dont quote me

News Comments > PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches
7. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 18:51 Closed Betas

"PC version of Hitman: Absolution that lives up to the high standards of our PC community"

Did chuckle at this quote, guy thinks we are idiots to believe such nonsense, porting a console game over and its going to be the high standards of the PC... seriously someone slap this guy for me.

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
54. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:49 Closed Betas

What would stop these ridiculous policy stuffs is proactive attack on the following clause.. For steam policy its 13.. ironically 12 is the part on the arbitration bs..

13. MISCELLANEOUS

In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining portions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements. You agree that this Agreement is not intended to confer and does not confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties to this Agreement.

In the old days, if you found a part of a policy unbinding legally, the whole policy is dismissed, they think this paragraph protects that, when they stuff it with a bunch of non legal mumbo jumbo..

See they cleverly state that if any of their policy is not legal in your jurisdiction, then it don'y apply to you.. So basically some state somewhere is paid off, this AAA infested nonsense... So they get by with allowing this kind of law....
Then they disclaim it.. Now they clause it so if not legal, they are still safe with their other statements.

One new simple law fixes all this nonsense..
THE ABILITY TO KILL THE ENTIRE POLICY IF INDEED ONE FACT IS PROVED TO BE LEGALALLY UNBINDING. This would put at end to what all this is.. a joke of a paper that just wants to limit damage to oneself and nothing to do with an "agreement"

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
27. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:11 Closed Betas

They make up all shorts of useless stuff in their agreements/policies.. Just remember, these policies are not law, and may not hold up in a court of law.

They are there to stop people before they start, and dumb lawyers etc...

273 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo