Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mikey D

Real Name Mikey D   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Closed Betas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Homepage http://www.closedbetas.com
Signed On Apr 20, 2010, 08:25
Total Comments 278 (Amateur)
User ID 55662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer Sep 4, 2012, 21:18 Closed Betas

Battlefield who?
Later, we moved on to Planetside 2, have fun console kiddies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Conan Update Plans
25. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 4, 2012, 19:44 Closed Betas

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:54:
As a Robert E. Howard/Conan fan since boyhood, I really wanted to like this game. Messy launch aside, it just never felt like Howard's Hyboria. Sure, all the names where there but it had none of the feeling of his world.

That, more than anything, killed AoC for me. I can't forgive a sterile world when its genesis is based on something so vibrant, lush and full of detail.

Agreed, and beyond that as a game it sucks, and Funcom sucks, that sales guy is a straight up lieing piece of trash and still employed by them.. must be a founder... game over

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
7. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:41 Closed Betas

descender wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:18:
The loot drops in Borderlands were atrocious... I didn't find a new weapon on my entire second playthrough. Think about that for a second.

This "we won't hotfix it" thing screams of "we can't afford to lose anymore players, so keep using these broken features until we break everything else".

It's actually the exploited opposite... Its there to encourage those to spend money and crap to get the OP item that probably was BUGGED ON PURPOSE..

News Comments > Assault Squad Online Open Beta
3. Re: Assault Squad Online Open Beta Aug 18, 2012, 21:28 Closed Betas

last i heard, rumor was.. Don't make any browser games.. no one wants them... hey assault people... did you miss the memo?

The world has enough half ass projects, how about one good one?

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
44. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 00:38 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 00:35:
Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 19:12:
Closed Betas wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:53:
lets guess who bought them..

I would think, a cable company would use this as a service upsell..
My guess is Comcast...

I truly have no clue, what is your guess?

Microsoft, Amazon, Comcast, EA... all good guesses.

Not a scam.

EA a good guess, they'd want to hurt any competition and make a move on some others in control of areas they crave... Microsoft, naah dont think so, seems to be pulling out of games and deservedly so, they suck at it.. half ass efforts across the board..but then again.. console idea of some sort?.. hehe.. Sony, maybe... Amazon.. No, I think they are HURTING financially.. more than one thinks.. they just said they are pulling out of Chicago as a shipping depot... gotta wonder why... after last years 300% growth -80% losses... i have a feeling worse news is coming..

OMG, i just remembered, GameFly.... ick.. oh man.. its so them...
But who cares, dont use the service and it would help GameFly dissappear.. lol

43. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 00:35 Closed Betas

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 19:12:
Closed Betas wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:53:

My guess is Comcast...

Microsoft, Amazon, Comcast, EA... all good guesses.

Not a scam.

EA a good guess, they'd want to hurt any competition and make a move on some others in control of areas they crave... Microsoft, naah dont think so, seems to be pulling out of games and deservedly so, they suck at it.. half ass efforts across the board..but then again.. console idea of some sort?.. hehe.. Sony, maybe... Amazon.. No, I think they are HURTING financially.. more than one thinks.. they just said they are pulling out of Chicago as a shipping depot... gotta wonder why... after last years 300% growth -80% losses... i have a feeling worse news is coming..

42. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 00:28 Closed Betas

27. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:53 Closed Betas

My guess is Comcast...

25. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:49 Closed Betas

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 17:13:
Flatline wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 17:04:
Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 16:14:
Interesting. Guess they ran out of capital.

They did a lot right, including all the partnerships they got (putting them on TVs was somewhat brilliant.)

Which means the failure was either:
1) Timing (too soon for the idea)
2) Idea (just not a good idea)
3) Operations (business not run by right people)

I don't see anyone else jumping into this right away, given how successful the bizdev was for these guys.

While the business might not be gone, it's late for the sky because it's targeting people who have massive pipelines but crappy computers and an aversion to consoles... who the fuck in the USA qualifies for that?

Launching in NA was a mistake, pure and simple. When it comes to bandwidth availability, we're the backwater yokels of the industrialized world. We don't improve service, we figure out new ways to bill for old service. So the 30mbit downstream or whatever was required to run the service without serious lag & compression problems limits your market to a small, already dedicated gaming group.

If the service is feasible anywhere, I'd have launched in South Korea. You know, where the government intends to have gigabit to the household as a standard service in a few years?

Launching where you don't have a large enough market with access to required infrastructure is insane.

All very good points. Couldn't agree more. They completely misjudged the market.

Major Factors.

5. The rental prices sucked.
4. If you dont have computer you probably are not going to BUY INTERNET to just play games on OnLive.
3. If you have a computer and all that, you dont need Onlive.
2. Games today utterly suck.
1. Cheaters don't buy games on OnlIve, cuz they can't load cheats, and due to the industry letting cheaters run rampant... 75% of the gamers are now exploiters.

24. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:43 Closed Betas

Dades wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:15:
There are easy workarounds to getting most games to run without Steam, its the multiplayer stuff that gets complicated. Worrying about a future where Steam goes down or decides to deny you access to your games is pointless, Steam isn't a one year idea incubated by Valve anymore. An event like that is extremely unlikely and competitors would be shitting themselves to make concessions to people estranged so that they could get their business.

I don't love digital services but streaming services like OnLive are even more dubious due to the total removal of ownership. Steam goes down I can rescue some of my library through backups or other methods. OnLive goes down and I've lost everything full stop, the only redemption method would be piracy. That's why I never want to see services like OnLive become viable until there is a method of ownership established somewhere in the process.

Your nuts, and you must only own 2 games... Try owning 500 and waking up going, oh sh*T.

OpenLicense is the future.... 3rd Party control should be eradicated.

News Comments > Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered
11. Re: Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered Aug 16, 2012, 00:27 Closed Betas

you brought your SOURCE CODE to a convention? You just won the idiot of the universe award. And great, now every hacker thief in the world will be at conventions stealing systems hoping to get source code that has become common place..

I call bullshit on this though... i smell a rat, a coverup.

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
47. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 20:05 Closed Betas

Hopefully will meet my expectations and run in a browser /sarcasm Sorry, not interested in your alpha, err i mean beta.

News Comments > Farming Simulator 2013
15. Re: Farming Simulator 2013 Aug 15, 2012, 19:54 Closed Betas

all the trolling of course from the tough virgins out there, but this game is actually pretty cool.. Its only fault is they don't teach you how to use any of this shit and just expect you to know the equipment, what it does and when exactly to use it, so I never play it for that reason... Sad... Needs more multiplayer support though, the 2 only.. sucks (oh missed the 2nd paragraph, now supports farm with 10 players?) schweeet! Schweet Corn Doggies!

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2012, 20:02.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 18:34 Closed Betas

Bhruic wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 18:27:
Don’t think that publishers will see poor sales figures and think “Well, that’s what happens when we don’t optimise our games for PC! Maybe we’ll optimise next time.” You’re kidding yourself. Poor sales figures on PC are poor sales figures on PC, end of story.

I don't understand this mentality. Basically he's saying that companies are unable to figure out the reason for a game having poor sales. This doesn't make sense, as this particular company followed the internet enough to recognize the demand was there in the first place. So this idea they have a blindfold on when it comes to the internet seems excessively silly.

Well, you don't understand the companies.. they are NOT gamers, they are not PC enthusiasts, they are SUITS who have dollars that buy shit presented to them... They make deals then these devs go to work and get beat the shit out of on time restrictions, (and lately have no skills, like devs had in the past, They think coming in 9 to 5 with a 2 hour lunch and snack breaks, and gym time, and donut bar.. Is hard work..) Then its release time, funding is cut.. bye bye.. ship it.. us suits will fool the market, we spent 3 whole days out of this fiscal year how to lie to kids... End of story.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 18:30 Closed Betas

Lol,

"Hi, we have shit developers and can only work on a static hardware platform and can't even do that well, but please buy our crap port on the PC, because if we see it sells, we'll do better next time.."

"After all we can probably do a bit more than mod a few menu's, setup a few .ini's configuation tweaks and hit a button (output to PC) and scam a few bucks off the suckers out there.. Thanks!!"

Yeah sure, we'll get right in line to purchase some for ya..

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch
7. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch Aug 13, 2012, 23:58 Closed Betas

Lol, they already have all the box art, game play, logo's everythings done, even most of the game, but they need initial funding... haha gamers are a ez snatch for $500,000k.... ya know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted..

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch
6. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch Aug 13, 2012, 23:55 Closed Betas

I have a few bridges to sell you kickstart funders.... Plz send me your emails and preferred type of game, err i mean bridge  

News Comments > World of Tanks Generals Announced
3. Re: World of Tanks Generals Announced Aug 13, 2012, 18:21 Closed Betas

This will fail because Wargaming.Net has been thru the polishing ways of how to manipulate F2P in their favor.. Therefore, unlike WoT which they molded and learned overtime, they will come out fierce with these unappealing ways that shoves INSERT MONEY HERE FOR FUN bells down your throat...

Have you played WoT lately? They force level you to gain higher tanks, because the higher you are the more money it costs.. Use what you already earned or bought? Their solution is that they give away "free experience", that you HAVE TO PAY for to use on your other vehicles.. Useless on what you are on... Model has changed, they now piss you off too with free tanks... ELITE tanks, that are worthless,
you only use them to earn FREE EXP, that you HAVE TO PAY FOR to use... HOW IS THAT FREE???? I seen EA do this and watched their titles fall off the earth... You'll see it here next.

News Comments > New Steam Community Features Coming
15. Re: New Steam Community Features Coming Aug 13, 2012, 18:12 Closed Betas

I love this quote..

"The New Steam Community is all about showing off the best content that gamers have created," says Emily Kent at Valve. "With over 89 million screenshots, videos, Steam Workshop maps, levels, mods, and items, plus news articles and product updates, the community has created an unbelievable wealth of content around their favorite games."

Lol, 89 million auto generated screenshots no one really cares about and no one even see's is the better statement..

News Comments > New Steam Community Features Coming
14. Re: New Steam Community Features Coming Aug 13, 2012, 18:10 Closed Betas

Waste of time... Steam Forums are Corporate Troll controlled.. Meaning, they allow the devs of the games moderate their game forums.. What this means, is any negative comment gets you trolled by 15 fake accounts owned by the devs, and when you question their authority and blatent disrepect, you are the one that gets banned..

All those messages, this game is great, you have to check out this of that guy that seems to live there.. or someone derailing the PROBLEM threads, yup its the dev of the game trying to save face, can't handle the criticism or do good work.. so troll it away....

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo