Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Deepjay

Real Name Deepjay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2010, 06:18
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 55631

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
39. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 03:01 Deepjay

It's honestly unbelievable.

People can of course spend money on whatever they want, but how anyone can see value in these ships is beyond me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 00:08 Deepjay

There was a legitimate ship pack for $15,000.

_$15,000_

29. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 23:08 Deepjay

The thing is - this just another game. It'll have it's hype period closer to release, it will come and it will go when the next best thing comes along. I get the impression that people who are dropping cash on these ships are somehow fooled into believing their investing in their future.

It's literally fiction - marketing fiction. Hoping someone makes a documentary about it as it's geniuinely interesting what people will spend on effectively nothing but the idea of a particular experience.

And to think there's people out there in the world dying of hunger, while over here people are spending $15,000 on fictional spaceship packs. Ah god there's not a lol/rofl/omglol variant strong enough.

13. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jun 30, 2015, 18:58 Deepjay

It's clever the way they're selling basically a piece of fiction - people are slamming down $400 and thinking they're going to be crusing fuel efficiently down some space lanes on their way to their space job, drinking juice-pax and enjoying virtual radio ...

WTF

Who is fucking buying this stuff. Seriously.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Patched
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Patched Jun 29, 2015, 20:01 Deepjay

Yeah i agree - the gameplay is so much deeper than just 'Warhammer 40k Chess." The Regicide game mode is in itself a serious tactical challenge vs another player.  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
11. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 28, 2015, 20:50 Deepjay

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 20:21:
The music was the best part of BF:V. Sadly, I doubt they'd have the same caliber of soundtrack if they make a sequel, let alone with the ability to blare it from any vehicle you're in.

BFV was definitely underrated as a BF title. It certainly shat over that DLC add-on to BF3 (or whatever it was for)

News Comments > Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund
4. Re: Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund May 15, 2015, 01:30 Deepjay

It's different people working on Medieval Engineers  

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer
3. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer May 7, 2015, 19:39 Deepjay

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:34:
Well, that was rather silly. They jump from one shattered asteroid field in an orange nebula to another shattered asteroid field in an orange nebula. Or maybe they just jumped 200 feet within the same asteroid field.

So it's the battle of Trafalgar in outer space.

Heh yeah that's exactly what i thought too - pretty underwhelming teaser, really.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 22:06 Deepjay

Im surprised at just how fun the regicide mode is - it's far more tactical than i would have thought, particularly with the movement limitations of standard chess pieces.

Production quality is also top notch. For 13 bucks it's a steal. Cant wait for some new game boards etc -

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
97. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 29, 2015, 00:46 Deepjay

This guy made a freakin awesome castle in Landmark - professional quality. Perhaps they should start charging a 5 dolla entry fee to view it, afterall he put in a lot of work.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 20:50 Deepjay

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:43:
I paid my $3500, and they won't get a cent more from me.

O_o

Well they already got three thousand five hundred of them out of you - cheesus christ.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 19:31 Deepjay

I just cant believe people keep buying these ships in sales. Obsessed much? It's been really illuminating just how easy it is to suck money from people by marketing to their dreams. Whether the game ultimately meets expectations or not in the end wont matter, the real winner is Chris Roberts - the guy has to win some kind of award for marketing.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
13. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 23, 2015, 01:06 Deepjay

Lorcin wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 20:01:
Seriously how many Warhammer games do we need. I honestly can't keep track anymore.

Considering 99.9% of them are mobile game trash - some quality warhammer titles such as this one are sorely needed.

I just wish something of this size was in the works for 40k - other than Eternal Crusade which I'm not sure how that's going to turn out.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access Next Month Apr 21, 2015, 05:36 Deepjay

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 23:39:
Well, I won't be playing this one but I really hope games workshop actually makes a good CGI film about warhammer 40k one day.

Ultramarines sucked.. The Lord Inquisitor will probably take a few years and maybe suck. We'll see.

It didn't *suck*, it just wasnt amazing. It had some pretty cool 40k elements, just a pity about the low budget animation and forgettable story. At least they tried, we're not exactly swimming in 40k movies.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch
6. Re: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch Apr 19, 2015, 21:42 Deepjay

Developer changes like this is an almost guaranteed fail of a game IMO. It's like the original developer goes in with all the hopes and dreams - then promptly runs out of money. Developer 2, or 3 or what not comes in, picks up the mess and tries to make a great game out of what's already been done.

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta
4. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 10, 2015, 21:28 Deepjay

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 20:38:
Rome2 can stand in place of this game and everything i said is just as true.

Then I would say you're completely clueless.

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta
2. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 10, 2015, 20:08 Deepjay

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 19:25:
After watching that preview video its pretty apparent that each release of this series (now being milked to death) is a dumbed down, less strategic, and less indepth game as the last. Only step to go after this is one of those pay2play scam games where you build a kingdom and then wait 3 hours for it to build but if you pay 99cents you can speed up building it immediately. So sad to watch my favorite strategy series go full retard.

This isnt the next release in the series - it's developed by a different team and is clearly them experimenting with mobile platforms - this one crossing from PC over to Mobile.

Having checked it out, it's not that bad, quite polished - however i hate this kind of game++. Harvest wheat 10 seconds, chop down wood - 9 hours - or instantly if you spend a gold. It's facebook gaming come to PC, and it can piss off.

Really detest games that are littered with potential purchasables - little boosters, clash of the clans style. That crap can stay on mobile gaming.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
66. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 19:12 Deepjay

Star Citizen - the world's first anticipation excitement simulator - enabling people to match their anticipation with real world dollars.  

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
14. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 19, 2015, 03:27 Deepjay

The kind of games they released - fairly limited in scope with a comparatively small budget attached, were only ever going to go so well commercially.

Space Hulk Ascension is a massive improvement over the original game they made - but perhaps if they had made it first and not their first attempt, they'd have been more successful second time around.

And even so, Ascension never felt like a high quality product. It was great, a definite improvement and enjoyable to play, but really lacking on the bells and whistles front. That kind of game is only ever going to sell so many copies, more for the purists, lacking the careless dollars of the everyday pleb who'll jump on anything that's new.

I wish these guys all the best in the future anyway. As a Space Hulk fan I did appreciate their communication, openness and enthusiasm in the steam forums.

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
8. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 23:46 Deepjay

bjack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 22:30:
Wait, wasn't there a Salamanders thing on the way?

Released a few weeks back

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo