Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ferri gianni

Real Name Ferri gianni   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xirgu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 26, 2010, 11:50
Total Comments 57 (Suspect)
User ID 55625

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Prototype 2 Trailer
6. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Dec 19, 2011, 16:17 Xirgu

second that, the diff level in prototype was very good. you had to learn how to deal with each enemy tipe, and if you kicked the hornets nest hard enough you got stung!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

PC Gaming > Skyrim Skydive records?
1. Skyrim Skydive records? Dec 10, 2011, 07:37 Xirgu

Just for fun, whats the largest survivable jump you have made in skyrim?

my contender, 2nd floor of the wizards college, outside on the ramparts, facing towards the end of the map, you can jump down what looks like 200m fall at least and land in 3 feet of water, which means you survive. The drop viewed from above gives a little fear of heights for the sensitive

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
16. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:31 Xirgu

oww.. my new pc is arriving next week. Just in time for this,.. except one little cooler adapter that was out of stock :(( .guess I will miss the early bugs. Have high hopes for this, especially once the mod community gets their hands on it. Btw for those that didnt like oblivion check mods like oscuros, they made the game soooo much better..  

News Comments > More Origin Spyware Accusations
30. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 07:44 Xirgu

Zadig wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 20:57:
Since I'd already decided not to use Origin for any reason this won't affect me directly, but I appreciate EA working so hard to justify my decision.
My exact feelings..

News Comments > EA: Syndicate Remake Possible
23. Re: EA: Syndicate Remake Possible Oct 25, 2011, 15:21 Xirgu

why bother, they will just rape it. leave the fond memories alone. or better, sell the IP to anyone non EA..  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer Oct 25, 2011, 14:33 Xirgu

2nd time ever I prepurchase a game..  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 13, 2011, 17:49 Xirgu

we have to chat about that, actually. in my company they are of the same trend, and now with IOS5 + ipads have to generate new build.. I actually dislike iphones and ipads but am stuck with both.  

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 19:31 Xirgu

not really on sale but... orcs must die is out! downloading now..  

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
116. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2011, 15:45 Xirgu

interesting, I had actually wondered about that , ms might have used the address space in a different way, perhaps big memory pages, 2 way addressing.. but yes, it wasnt in their best interest to spend too much time there, better to sell a new os.
anyway currently I think all you can do to stop that ram going to waste is create a ram disk. if it is big enough you could put your pagefile there..should get some performance there.
On the ms access user level security I disagree, there are just so many ways to secure stuff nowadays with certificates, access rights, encryption... that layer seems unnecessary.

News Comments > Cross of the Dutchman Announced
7. Re: Cross of the Dutchman Announced Sep 27, 2011, 16:54 Xirgu

never heard of him, then again he was a fries hero who fought AGAINST the dutch...so I suppose only in history class in that province.. and 1480 is a long time ago. There are more modern middle age dutch heroes the wikipedia article has an image of him with a very, very unsettling weapon though.. wonder what its called..  

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
52. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 21, 2011, 15:23 Xirgu

Am curious about something..
once microtransactions become established, the immaterial items will become part of the real world economy.. I wonder how far this goes..as in, because you exchange real money for your fictional items, someone makes money so that someone has to pay income tax over items bought and sold in games, and because real money changes hands, stealing becomes real theft, doesnt it? can you call the police if someone steals your " holy suit of armor +10 dex" **you paid u$150 for?** can someone be fined/go to a real jail over actions taken by a fictional character? isnt blizzard essentially printing money by deciding on item drops? isnt this a form of gambling & therefore illegal in some places?
Strange world...

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Next Month
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Next Month Sep 20, 2011, 10:42 Xirgu

will multiplayer be supported?  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 14:52 Xirgu

do a search for rural internet in your area, I used to do this and had a pretty decent 3 mbps connection. they put an antenna on your roof facing a central antenna somewhere nearby <within 30 miles or so>
good luck!

News Comments > Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam
3. Re: Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam Sep 9, 2011, 17:50 Xirgu

borderlands is kind of odd weaponwise, I played a sharpshooter and my sniper rifles were upgraded all on the same day,I had a few of these " lucky days" where I would find lots of super stuff followed by many days of so so stuff.. I guess some random rolls issue, just because I am higher level now doesnt mean I find items of same or above quality, its just the random seed of that particular game I think..  

News Comments > Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo
13. Re: Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo Aug 31, 2011, 09:33 Xirgu

looking good  

News Comments > Official Warlock: Master of the Arcane Announcement
2. Re: Official Warlock: Master of the Arcane Announcement Aug 29, 2011, 11:45 Xirgu

too early, only concept art, but there is hope..  

News Comments > On Origin Data-Mining
32. Re: On Origin Data-Mining Aug 24, 2011, 06:55 Xirgu

this is actually not legal within the EU. you have to provide an opt out option, if they will be selling the product within the EU.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale Developer Closed?
12. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale Developer Closed? Aug 23, 2011, 09:07 Xirgu

umm.. every GM worth his salt changed a *lot* of the rules in the rpgs. I dont think I ever played vanilla 1st, 2nd or indeed 3rd edition, there were always things that needed or at least benefitted heavily from houserules.
Pc gaming was never that compatible with the system, but at least they could do the combats decently, and were more strategy than rpgs.
Wizards werent out to ruin D&d they just wanted to make $$$ which calls for a fast release schedule.. but thats offtopic.
in any case any developer of D&D games will be missed, there arent enough of them around..

News Comments > Obsidian on RPG Design
12. Re: Obsidian on RPG Design Aug 22, 2011, 10:48 Xirgu

ugh respecs would just encourage shitty game design. Like the "wait and you will heal" thing with shooters these days.
Toughing up a bad build , waiting for this special skill.. getting a weaker skill that can be maxed later, those are all part of the fun in RPGs and the only things you really have any control of in a computer rpg as it is all a huge railroad. respeccing makes the different railroad paths irrelevant leaving players wondering what the ** for are they playing this? watch a movie instead.

News Comments > Prototype 2 Media
2. Re: Prototype 2 Media Aug 17, 2011, 16:17 Xirgu

my opinion: looks cool. prototype was always about ACTION not super graphics,.  

57 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo