Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jacob Bowers

Real Name Jacob Bowers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Necrophob
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.totaliterritory.com
Signed On Mar 23, 2010, 14:45
Total Comments 293 (Amateur)
User ID 55616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X Apr 14, 2015, 10:06 Necrophob

InBlack wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:00:
That .jpeg is appropriate. I know that this isnt strictly P2W since fatalities are for show, but mastering fatalities should be something that gives you another sense of acomplishment...This is just...the bear says it best.

Yah, seriously. Not saying fatalities showed any sort of skill (other than memorization), but at least it was something. If they sell simplified fatalities, it'll be the equivalent of getting tea-bagged after dying in Call of Duty.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 14:10 Necrophob

BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:03:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:54:
In many ways owning a pet isn't a bad beginners course in parenthood, much of the same principles about sacrifice and responsibility apply equally well.

When I was a kid I had cats, birds and fish but never to the point where they controlled my life or I felt they were equal to humans.

As to the dog being an introduction into parenting -- perhaps you're right but it seems to a bit wasteful to expend all that money, time and energy on an animal instead of say a human being's education who can possibly change the world (for better or worse). The dog has a very limited intelligence and I just don't see it inventing things, building things or coming up with insights that could improve human existence. I also don't see a dog taking care of an aging owner like a son or daughter would for a parent. It's doubtful the dog will work to provide the owner food, medicine and shelter.

Yah, screw dogs! What good are they? Other than providing security and companionship? How dare they unconditionally love us!

Besides, your observation on dogs having limited intelligence applies to half of humanity.

News Comments > More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
12. Re: More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Apr 10, 2015, 13:42 Necrophob

Won't be long until one of these Call of Duty games has space demons. Maybe it can take place on Mars?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2015, 16:38 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:59:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 14:34:
Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:56:
Yeah, that Onion article is hilarious. Can't wait for the inevitable group to come along calling for a protest of SeaWorld based on this. Heh.

And yes, that bubble artist did blow me away. That was ahh-mazing!

You should be boycotting Sea World regardless.

Why? Orcas are the jerks are the sea so eff them. And I'd probably eat dolphin if I was allowed to. And the rest are just dumb fish in tanks that would be eaten anyway. I can see the argument for closing down zoos, but aquariums are fine. However, yes I agree orcas and dolphins don't belong in them. Far more sporting to hunt them in the wild.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that said dolphins were the ones who bombed Pearl Harbor.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 10:37 Necrophob

Possibly some Chinese laborers?  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Next Month
2. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Next Month Apr 2, 2015, 11:55 Necrophob

ochentay4 wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 10:27:
Another Van Helsing game? I got burned with the 1st one, couldnt find energy to start the 2nd one and now there is 3rd release? Talk about milking a new and fresh franchise.

There was a 2?! Like you, I burned out on 1. It was fun, just so tired of Diablo type games.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:52 Necrophob

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 11:27:
That load time issue gets MUCH worse later on, there is an ENTIRE second city in act 3... I stopped playing for now ^^

I can't really criticize it yet, fully, but from the pure mechanics I don't much like this combat system AT ALL. I guess I do like the engagement system which allows blocking paths, but I hate the spell system and the talents.. the short durations on everything. I want spells that last longer than 4 seconds (I hated that in DnD alread) and worse is Druids shapeshift only works for 15 seconds.. sigh.

I've wondered why the load times are so bad. It must be a Unity thing.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:49 Necrophob

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 11:35:
Axis wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 11:28:
Comparing this to D:OS on release, D:OS had far less pressing bug/issues, far greater character options and combat enjoyment,and the developers were truly "johnny on the spot" fixing stuff and keeping the masses informed.

I do feel the stat issue should have been no more than a 24 hour hotfix. There has to be something quickly missed where you don't have to retest everything. By letting it go far, now they have to put in the extra time to roll it all back so the base #'s are correct.

Finding bugs isn't easy. Then fixing the bug so that you don't introduce more bugs is even harder. And then as part of the patch they have to restore all of the missing stats. I can see how that might take a little while.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 10:48 Necrophob

Verno wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 09:36:
Everyone is bad at MOBAs at first, don't sweat it. Just playing with a group of people you know you'll already be ahead of the races once you start to learn the heroes, counters and etc.

And NEVER, EVER join a pug match.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2015, 17:25 Necrophob

Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:45:
Necrophob wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 13:31:
My wife wanted me to watch the Kardasians with her, once. Once.

Just comment a few times like "Damn that's a nice ass!" and she'll stop asking forever.

You know how in Fallout you can take Mentats to gain intelligence? I feel like that show is the opposite of Mentats.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2015, 13:31 Necrophob

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 12:48:

Downton Abbey.. can't believe that show lasted 6 seasons.

My girlfriend asked me to watch it with her and after really trying.. I told her after the end of the first season that i'm not watching it anymore.

So she tried to last till season 3.. which concluded in her saying it was a terrible show and is dull as a show can be. I caught her sleeping in the middle of an episode in mid afternoon. Seems like that's all the show was good for.

"Oh Mr. Snippens fell down the stairs and injured his back. Oh woe is upon us, don't let the masters of the house find out!! that would be end of his tenor at the estate!" - Every fucking issue in downton abbey.

Most female targeted TV is just chicks being catty and inane, circular drama to be honest. Trying to watch a show on ABC just puts me to sleep. I make some concessions for my GF because that's what you do in a relationship but its boring as hell watching TV with her. I did end up liking that show called The Bachelor, its a bunch of hot ditsy women competing for the attention of one guy who gets to mack on them all and take his pick. What's not to like?

My wife wanted me to watch the Kardasians with her, once. Once.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2015, 10:18 Necrophob

"Hey! Listen!"

You know the sound that gets played when Link opens a chest and gets a new item? I wonder what the opposite of that would be.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 17:36 Necrophob

I loved Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross, not so much.  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
13. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:28 Necrophob

Maybe they need to use that compression from Silicon Valley  

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
54. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 11:20 Necrophob

Maybe the reason they haven't done HL3 yet is because they can't get Blue to hold still for the artists to draw? :/  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
16. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:23 Necrophob

I doubt the $19 was netting them too much anyways. I'm just a little disappointed, because I just got a materials pack I made put up on the Marketplace. As part of that, they gave me a "years free subscription". Jerks  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 13:39 Necrophob

Tim Sweeney has done some great things, but damn if he doesn't give me a serial killer vibe when I see him speak.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2015, 13:18 Necrophob

ldonyo wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:09:
Oracle botched yet another high-profile project and are now looking to blame someone else. I'd be shocked, but I'm too busy laughing at Oracle for blundering yet again in a very public and expensive way.

delete from states where state_name = 'OR'; commit;

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2015, 15:11 Necrophob

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 15:07:
How exactly would you make a WoW movie without CGI? Last I checked, there weren't many Pandaren or Orc actors registered with the SAG.

Then how do you explain Alec Baldwin?

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
29. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 20:42 Necrophob

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 16:41:
Maybe Tom Hall will be at the helm. That said, maybe someone can carry the torch as well. We have a long history of people able to pick up others stories and continue them on... we also have a history they can be fucked up royally to. But not sure until you try.

If you don't try then it is all in stone already. What's the difference? This isn't scripture we are talking about here, might as well test the waters, see what kind of interest is out there.

If the final product sucks, I'll know that well ahead of buying it, so I'm covered.

As for the original, I do have a hard time it working right and it it is a game that doesn't hold up all that well today.

The version off of Gog works great. I've only had a couple of crashes. Yah, the engine was out-of-date before it even came out, but they squeezed amazing things out of it. I still think the environments are fun. If the combat and elementor system had been fleshed out and tweaked a bit, the game could have been much better.

293 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo