Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jacob Bowers

Real Name Jacob Bowers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Necrophob
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.totaliterritory.com
Signed On Mar 23, 2010, 14:45
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 55616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
15. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 11:19 Necrophob

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:41:
Well, when my expectations are now zero...

Rather than saying the original Watch Dogs under-delivered, he says they "over-achieved" in creating expectations for the series.

Wow, that's some awesome kool-aid...

You know who else was an over-achiever...peter molyneux...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 11:03 Necrophob

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:22:
Avatar was such a boring movie in almost every conceivable way, the 3D and spiffy visuals barely kept me awake. It getting one sequel I can understand because James Cameron is a big fucking deal in Hollywood but three is completely absurd. Shit it was absurd for the Hobbit films even.

At the time, it kept my interest because of the 3D and the awesome looking planet they had created. But on repeated viewings, the Dances With Fern Gully Smurfs story doesn't hold up.

And as for the Escape from New York remake...please Hollywood, no more...I beg you...

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
14. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 11:50 Necrophob

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 01:11:
Stolk wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:22:
Minecraft is a pretty popular name. I see no reason to change it.
"Microsoft's Minecraft TM,Registered,Copyright"

Tyler Perry's Microcraft: Rise of the Wrath of the Microtransactions

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 11:48 Necrophob

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:22:
Necrophob wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:09:
Rockets have a fairly high rate of failure. We just don't hear about most of them, because most are commercial satellites going up in flames before reaching orbit.

Oh uh, haha. I meant GTA V in the context of video games

Lol, nvm then

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 11:09 Necrophob

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:14:
It sucks but with all of the broken ass launches in the past year I'm kinda glad at the same time.

Rockets have a fairly high rate of failure. We just don't hear about most of them, because most are commercial satellites going up in flames before reaching orbit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 17:20 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:28:
Necrophob wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:17:
Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:13:
Compilations of cut scenes are pretty obviously violations, but I'm not sure that let's play vids would be. Due to the interactive element, each person creates a unique instance, so it's not like posting a copy of a song or movie.

That's still no different from sampling music. They're using someone else's property to enrich themselves. That's a licensing issue, plain and simple.

And what is the value of free marketing? Companies want their cake, and to eat it, too.

Do you get paid for word of mouth advertising? No. Then what's with the sense of self-entitlement? You're using someone else's work to make money. It's pretty cut and dry to me.

But this isn't word of mouth advertising. This isn't one guy mentioning to his friend "Hey, I played some Borderlands...it's pretty cool". These are people who can, in some cases, reach millions of other people. There's some value in that.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 15:17 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:13:
Compilations of cut scenes are pretty obviously violations, but I'm not sure that let's play vids would be. Due to the interactive element, each person creates a unique instance, so it's not like posting a copy of a song or movie.

That's still no different from sampling music. They're using someone else's property to enrich themselves. That's a licensing issue, plain and simple.

And what is the value of free marketing? Companies want their cake, and to eat it, too.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 12:14 Necrophob

Game publishers would be insane to try and crack down on Let's Plays, or to try and get a cut from them. They benefit from the current structure. People buy games because they see their favorite Let's Play channel playing them. I wouldn't have bought Minecraft if not for X's Adventures in Minecraft.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 11:42 Necrophob

I liked This is the End, but The Interview was a stinker. Glad I only spent the $6 on it for the VOD, instead of going to a theater for the disappointment.  

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
7. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 11:32 Necrophob

Change your pw regularly, use randomly generated pw, use keypass, and keep the keypass datafile on a usb (pw wallets are the new target).  

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
12. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 20:12 Necrophob

Excalibat. There has never been another FPS weapon to match it (though I love the Blood voodoo doll).  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 15, 2014, 15:27 Necrophob

The Falling Dead? Is that when the Walking Dead get too old, and can't get up? :/  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2014, 12:39 Necrophob

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 22:12:
And in other new today AT&T and it's competitors have decided to finally comply with the minimum 10Mpbs requirement imposed by the FCC. However they have decided to define Mbps as a previously unheard term of Microbytes per second. 1 Microbyte is equivalent to 1/2 of a byte. The plans start at $60 a month. FCC chairman Wheeler was last heard shrugging his shoulders and stroking a large sack with a money symbol on it.

*puts on nerd-hat* A microbyte would be a millionth of a byte! *takes off nerd-hat* Sorry.

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
3. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 10:31 Necrophob

nin wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:22:
Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:19:
I squee'd at the thought of them doing Van Buren / FO3, but then remembered Bethesda owns it and it seems unlikely they would have struck an agreement on that.

They could just use the name Van Buren and create their own game like it...

There's precedent. The first Fallout was supposed to use the GURPS system for all its stats, but they ran into disagreement with the creator, and came up with their own instead. I could see them basically doing Fallout, but just changing the name. Then have Hellboy say "War...war changes on occasion".

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
6. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 11:57 Necrophob

The Trail? I predict this will be a walking simulator. Molyneux wants us to explore the depths of one of our emotions, in this case, boredom.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 24, 2014, 17:44 Necrophob

I sure would love an Anachronox sequel. Loved that game. Hated that it ended on an eternal cliff-hanger.  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
15. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 14:17 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 12:50:
Yakubs wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:44:
"Southshore vs. Tarren Mill—The Battle Continues
To recapture the feeling of the endless tug-of-war of early WoW PvP, we’re opening a special Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on the timeless struggle between Southshore and Tarren Mill. We’ll have two different brackets for players to take part in: one for level 90–99 characters and another for level 100. Unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, this Battleground has a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat. A win will gain you a shiny new title: either Tarren Mill Terror for the Alliance or Southshore Slayer for the Horde."

This is a perfect microcosm for WoW design philosophy. After having removed everything interesting about the original game, let's bring it back but put theme-park structure around it so everyone can opt out of having their feelings hurt.

Some of those battles at TM were effing amazing. Soooo much fun.

I played WoW for about a year on dial-up before finally getting DSL. What prompted the upgrade? Freaking Tarren Mill. WoW actually worked ok on a dialup, but put a bunch of people in one spot like that, and WoW turned into a slideshow for me.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 17, 2014, 14:32 Necrophob

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 13:02:
Verizon: We Could Offer 1 Gbps, But Don't Think You Need It.

"I could bench 350, I just don't want to."

"Bro, do you even telecom?"

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 17:44 Necrophob

Maybe she's just a clever troll.  

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 14:58 Necrophob

"When we're on the phone and you talk real slow. Cause it's late and your mama don't know." The genius that is Taylor Swift. Talk real slow? I'm not sure that's a valid method of remaining undetected...  

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo