Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jacob Bowers

Real Name Jacob Bowers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Necrophob
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.totaliterritory.com
Signed On Mar 23, 2010, 14:45
Total Comments 319 (Amateur)
User ID 55616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
11. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 24, 2015, 11:05 Necrophob

Moog wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:01:
Ant wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 07:01:
DOH! Remember when FOX wasn't happy with that UCLA guy's Aliens TC mod for DOOM?

That brings back memories.

Don't know how rose-tinted they are but that Aliens mod was the scariest thing I've ever played!

Check those corners!

I remember it being pretty tense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2015, 10:14 Necrophob

Blue should get an animated gif of the "The More You Know" piece. But customized The More You Blue?  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 15:30 Necrophob

Wraith wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 15:19:
On the one hand, I think Star Citizen is lurching towards disaster.

On the other hand, Derek Smart is an unsuccessful pseudo-developer who has no idea what he's talking about and no writing skill to speak of.

So technically I can't lose. Either way, some shithead is going down.

Sort of reminds me of the escaped Mexican drug lord Guzman, who just tweeted a threat to Donald Trump.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 14:56 Necrophob

Oh lord...this is like dividing something by zero, and then raising it to the power of infinity.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 7, 2015, 14:45 Necrophob

I don't like that they say "arenas". Makes me imagine the crappy arena style encounters from Duke Forever and Bioshock Infinite.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 26, 2015, 10:39 Necrophob

There was already a multiplayer Fallout...it was a MMO called Fallen Earth. Ripped the Fallout feel off, but in a good way. Was pretty fun as far as MMO's go. Think it's free-to-play now.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 9, 2015, 14:20 Necrophob

Maybe he should ask for the money to NOT make a movie? I'd pay good money to have him never make a movie again.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2015, 11:19 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:58:
Sen. Dan Coats (R-IN) said it was time to stand up to terrorists and make "sure that we're doing everything we can to protect Americans from threats of people and a lot of organizations that want to kill us all, that would like to see us—see our heads on the chopping block."

Yeah, you already had that ability with the farcical FISA rubberstamp court. How does spying on Grandma Funk from Bumretch, Nebrahoma make America any safer?

But won't you think of the terrorists?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2015, 13:33 Necrophob

"Does Using an AOL Email Address Suggest You're a Tech Dinosaur"

Perhaps they could Ask Jeeves?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 14:00 Necrophob

That looks pretty awesome, but is "water/blood splattered on virtual camera" in games the new "god rays"/"screen bloom"? What's even the point? Are we to believe the player is actually viewing the game through a camera? I hate this in TV too (The Walking Dead). It's like lens flares in movies. Lens flares are only visible through a LENS. You're taking me out of the movie! And what's the deal with airplane food? Sorry...started to go all Jerry Seinfeld for a moment there.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 7, 2015, 11:39 Necrophob

All the homeland spying sure didn't find the Garland would-be terrorists, and they tweeted their shit.  

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 4 & Fan Theories
2. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 4 & Fan Theories Apr 29, 2015, 20:53 Necrophob

NotOneOfUs wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:31:
Five Nights at Freddy's 5 will be called "A New Beginning"

Five Nights at Freddy's Vs. Jason in Space...the Leprechaun.

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
1. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 28, 2015, 20:41 Necrophob

I doubt many games resulted in the deaths of as many keyboards as this one's shit jump mechanics. Then again, would there have been a Diablo without an Ultima 8? And how terrible would Diablo have been with jumping puzzles?  

News Comments > Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans
9. Re: Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans Apr 27, 2015, 14:42 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 13:42:
Shouldn't Tim be making out with his boyfriend Peter right about now?

I'd love if they released a Youtube video of them doing that in a pile of backer money, just to see the squawking from outrage-addicts.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 11:40 Necrophob

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 19:03:
I don't know why most people are so afraid of confrontation. As long as you are civil about it they should be too. And if not you can say you at least tried, then you call the cops. It's like kids, people have a way of tuning out their pets and kids when they're being loud/obnoxious and don't realize they're causing grief to those around them. Neighbor across from me had the same thing with his Jack Russel. So I had a chat with him when he was outside one day. He admitted as much - tuned it out without thinking - apologized and said he'd try to do better, and he has.

If someone doesn't realize their dog barking all night might be socially unacceptable, I doubt they'll react well to having it brought up to them. And then, when you DO have to call the cops on them, they'll have a good idea of who did it :/ God I hate assholes. Used to have a neighbor who played his bass guitar (poorly) at 3 AM for a couple of hours each night.

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
17. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 27, 2015, 09:26 Necrophob

So what's the big deal about releasing the textures? You could rip them yourself with any WAD editor. The WAD file format is freely available. Hell, I wrote a VB program to view and rip DOOM/Hexen WADS, just for fun.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
21. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 14:13 Necrophob

If the car combat is like Interstate 76, with wide open levels, then it might be good. If it's just on tracks, then that'll suck.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Teaser
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Teaser Apr 23, 2015, 14:08 Necrophob

Sooooo...Black Ops: Human Revolution?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:48 Necrophob

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:23:
BobBob wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 11:33:
Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.

The Earth doesn't care. It was here a few billion years before we got here and will be here a few billion after until the sun gobbles it up. Any destruction we cause, we only cause to ourselves. We might give it a little scarring and some bruises, but it will probably get itself back to normal in a billion years or so after we kill ourselves.

Well, unless we open up a black hole or something. Then the Earth might care, but really, we'd only be cutting its life span by like 20% and it is doomed anyways.

As Modest Mouse says "The Earth doesn't care, and we hardly even matter. We're just a bit more piss to push out its full bladder."

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 09:45 Necrophob

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 22:04:

...Like I said, good people don't get fucked up by the police...The only person I've ever met in this city that talked so badly about police like you was a fucking drug dealer who I used to buy my weed off. Guess what? Criminal...

...Gun laws in the states are liberal to say the least. Everyone has a fucking gun, you probably have a gun right?
I was blown away when I was working down in Houston and every fucking person on the highway had a gun holster on their car. It's amazing..

Go into a Denny's and get approached by a guy wearing sweat pants with a hand gun sticking out the front asking if I can spare some change. It's like getting casually robbed...

This is how I know you're a troll. Being a Texan, and having lived in Houston, all of that is utter bullshit. What does "had a gun holster on their car" even mean? Is that like truck nuts? And the guy with a pistol sticking out of his pants would have been arrested, as open carry of a handgun is illegal (at least for now). And if he had a concealed carry permit, he would have been arrested too, displaying his handgun like that.

And everyone does NOT have a gun. Ok, I have a shotgun and a 22 rifle, but that's it!

319 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo