Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toni

Real Name Toni   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PunkiBastardo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2010, 15:55
Total Comments 76 (Suspect)
User ID 55613

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:24 PunkiBastardo

Well I sure as hell wouldn't be happy if everyone was constantly holding up their phones and pointing at me with their cameras on the street, sure they might not be recording but it's just unacceptable.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Announced
5. Re: StarDrive 2 Announced Feb 26, 2014, 12:24 PunkiBastardo

The original was cool, but something was off with the turn based ground battles in the middle of realtime space combat, they should have gone full on turn based from the start, hopefully this one will turn out better.  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
2. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 3, 2014, 18:34 PunkiBastardo

Makes sense if they wanna turn it into some sort of mediacenter box for the living room like the consoles, they already have browser support in steam so now the only thing missing is DVD/BR/video playback (within steam).  

News Comments > Free Sanctum 2 Weekend
4. Re: Free Sanctum 2 Weekend Jan 24, 2014, 08:54 PunkiBastardo

Well despite the name it's pretty good. Been playing with a buddy through the coop campaign and we've been having a blast. We picked up the DLC season pass during the xmas sale, and they basically doubled the length of the campaign with it. Overall I'd recommend it to anyone who ejoyed the first one as it's an upgrade in all senses.  

News Comments > Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released
6. Re: Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released Jan 21, 2014, 19:11 PunkiBastardo

Looking forward to playing it. really enjoyed the first part.

Also if anyone missed it you can get arma 2 and operation arrowhead in the current humblebundle.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Oculus Rift Support Nears
15. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Oculus Rift Support Nears Jan 16, 2014, 09:13 PunkiBastardo

Well the game looks good, but playing in 3rd person with the oculus is sure to give you a headache or two.  

News Comments > Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month
8. Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 13:37 PunkiBastardo

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:59:
What is an infra-red grenade?
If I was to guess I'd say it's just for marking targets and/or points of interest at night, like for an air attack and such.
On multiplayer servers I remember using something called IR beacons in Arma 2 which I guess were basically the same thing, using them just like a smoke grenade to signal a chopper where to pick us up at night. With IR goggles you can see them from miles away.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam
6. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam Dec 2, 2013, 12:59 PunkiBastardo

I've played this beta a couple times with a buddy and it's really fun and chaotic. So far the beta is only PvP, in fact the whole map is completely devoid of any AI.
Also hoping for the new Mad Max game to be as moddable, and I think we're not alone here as people in this beta love to ride around the desert part of the map(where there are less choppers) with armed cars shooting each other to hell and back. You need someone else to control the turret on the car, but it's really satisfying.

News Comments > SMITE and 100K Launch Tournament in March
2. Re: SMITE and 100K Launch Tournament in March Nov 26, 2013, 11:29 PunkiBastardo

This game is pretty good, lately its managing to suck almost all my gaming time from everything else.
I never play that Dota map/mode btw, I play exclusively the other modes that basically turn this game into a crazy fun action 3rd person shooter with magic. Though I'm also worried they'll abandon it like tribes, it's fun without spending a dime anyway

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 19, 2013, 10:41 PunkiBastardo

Man bitcoins sure are crazy these days!

Many years ago I remember trying it out when bitcoins were worth next to nothing and a site I found would just give away 0.15B to anyone that would ask so as to entice people to try it out. It was on an old PC but that HD was never formatted and now sits on a USB box somewhere... Gotta find that shit now that it's worth more than 100$!

News Comments > Steam In-Home Streaming Beta Begins
5. Re: Steam In-Home Streaming Beta Begins Nov 11, 2013, 14:12 PunkiBastardo

I see myself using this from time to time. I've got a pretty weak HTPC under the TV that's basically a netbook on the inside. It's pretty good for watching movies and youtube but getting any mildly complex 3D game to run on it is an exercise in frustration. If this works well enough it's certainly gonna open up the possibilities for couch gaming at home.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:21 PunkiBastardo

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:01:
BF3 is going to be hard to keep alive, they should just release all DLC to anyone with a copy of BF3 so that servers can open up the map rotation for every map.

That won't happen but it would be nice.
They'd never ever do that as they want you to buy this years COD, if all old servers shutdown next week that'd be A-OK by them...

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
20. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 14:59 PunkiBastardo

Well the original video is back up, guess the streisand effect was strong
http://youtu.be/KjTa_x3rbJE

News Comments > Raven's Cry Developer Change
3. Re: Raven's Cry Developer Change Aug 27, 2013, 11:16 PunkiBastardo

I want a good pirate game as much as the next guy, but this news would make anyone weary.
If the previous developer's work was so bad that they decided to change this close to release, and then the new guys are only gonna be working on it until end of year, there's only so much they're able to fix.

Also this:
"a new open world will be implemented by the Polish team"
If the game wasn't open world before, chances are it won't be very good or won't have much to do in it.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see what these guys can do.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 20, 2013, 22:53 PunkiBastardo

Same for firefox, thankfully...  

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
42. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 18:48 PunkiBastardo

Really waiting for this, though I won't buy it at launch because of the price and my huge steam backlog, will probably wait for a sale and also get the bonus of skipping all the launch bugs.

I also read the developers completely got rid of time compression this time around.

News Comments > Eschalon: Book III Teaser
1. Re: Eschalon: Book III Teaser Aug 18, 2013, 11:47 PunkiBastardo

Man the soundtrack in this eschalon games is incredibly good.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
10. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 10:33 PunkiBastardo

Looking great!

Also, I much prefer images in this format as I often not look at them at all the other way around.
I once recommended bluesnews to a friend and his first impression was "wow what a wall of text", so hopefully some screenshots here and there might spice things up a bit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 18:38 PunkiBastardo

I missed that link blue mentions about the steam game hours calculator, can anyone repost it please?  

News Comments > Command Modern Air/Naval Operations Beta
3. Re: Command Modern Air/Naval Operations Beta Jul 10, 2013, 08:23 PunkiBastardo

Neat, looks like google earth turned into a warfare game  

76 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo