Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Agrikaan

Real Name Agrikaan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agrikaan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 19, 2010, 16:55
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 55611

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
29. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 19:33 Agrikaan

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 17:37:
BULLSHIT. They waited more than a year to release DLC nobody bought. There's not going to be a Rage 2. At this point I have doubts id software will last long enough to release Doom 4 before Zenimax guts the studio.

Couldn't agree more. iD's have had their day, and it ended a decade ago. They're still living on past glories and fortunes.

If we were still running 8/16 bit systems, they would rock...

I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong though...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
48. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 16:53 Agrikaan

Guess they will be greatly overpriced, just as the games are (in my currency/country). Doesn't really matter though, I prefer to own my games on disc, as well as "other" software...  

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
67. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 15:38 Agrikaan

Darks wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:36:
Dev wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:26:
Highlander wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:31:
Wildone wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:18:
ERROR 37

That error is meaningless now. Sure, it happened to people trying to connect on launch day, myself included but I have not had that error since.
Guess you weren't playing when they did maintenance yesterday.

If you haven’t figured it out by now, Tuesdays have always been reserved by Blizz as Maint days. And anyone trying to login when Maint is going on is just a glutton for their own punishment. Use a little common sense here. And besides, since last week’s issues the severs over the past 5 or so days have been very stable. Sounds like it to me that you’re just looking for something to bitch about.

orly? I'm getting error 37 right about now, a week after launch. And did for 4 hours on Sunday, prime time game time.

The maintenance window wasn't really the reason. The game was supposed to be released on WEDNESDAY, a lot got the game on Tuesday and tried to get in.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
124. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:22 Agrikaan

You can start!? I can't even login...  

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
83. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 19, 2012, 20:28 Agrikaan

I can only agree. After some 80-100 hours playing all three ME games - and liking them, I tried all three endings. They were, in order; sad+boring, boring+sad and boring+boring. Which in overall is sad+sad=WTF.  

News Comments > Free StarCraft II Name Changes
2. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 11:01 Agrikaan

A FREE name change. How generous.  

News Comments > 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations
13. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 17:29 Agrikaan

Not a fun game at all, highly overrated. And

And this "The title also holds the Guinness World Record for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server." is just pure BS. What does that record matter when only ~20 people can play in one match anyway?

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
20. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 20, 2011, 12:51 Agrikaan

Nomaar wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 12:33:
Agrikaan wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 05:18:
So, does this still make them whiners and drama queens?

Absolutely. I've played EVE on-and-off since its beta. I've also played every other MMORPG out there, and none of them come close to having the number of spoiled, obnoxious brats that pervade the EVE fanbase. It's like playing with a bunch of evil Sheldons.

Wierd. I played it daily for seven years, in many corporations and alliances. We must have been on different servers...

I consider EVE players to generally be nice, mature, relaxed and friendly. Perhaps a bit demanding at times, as the game itself is demanding and unforgiving, I give you that, it kinda follows. When you lose a ship, you LOSE it (and everything in/on it), so better be careful - especially in a group. That might draw a special breed of gamers. Compared to other games you only have the hassle of respawning a bit down the path, stats down 1% for 15 minutes. For weak people!

And compared to other communities I've been in (a few MMOs and FPSs), the average EVE player is definitely not worse. Try go on a raid with people and do one mistake. Or don't have the right breastplate. Jeez. When you don't have to face the people you interact with, some people get really intolerant and impatient. That seems to be a general trait...

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2011, 13:03.

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
13. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 20, 2011, 05:18 Agrikaan

So, the despised whining drama queens last summer, who quit EVE in protest against the apparent direction of EVE are now shown to have been about 100% right. So the protests worked and have had an effect that will benefit all EVE players. So, does this still make them whiners and drama queens? And those that whined about them in turn, and said "good riddance", what should they now be called, as they were about 100% wrong?  

News Comments > EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount
18. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 21:04 Agrikaan

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 19:25:
Aqrikaan, instead of being the asshole on the the 'high and mighty' pedestal, how about you offer some words of wisdom to the lowly masses?

No. Not going to defend EVE verbally. I don't even play it anymore. If you want to know more about it, try it, there's a trial.

If some people are going to crank down on it, while clearly not knowing whats it about... Judging and moralising with no or little facts, that's how wars get started... And how drama queens... uh dramatizes.

And get in touch with a Corporation, to get some advice and help. Most players are very helpful and most Corps are actively looking for new recruits. Some even offer freebies. The game itself is a bit complex, and you will have to commit a little before it gets rewarding, "kicks in". It's a BIG sandbox. That's why many who wants insta-gratifications can't stand it, and prefer to judge it from that perspective.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2011, 21:40.

17. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 20:59 Agrikaan

Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 20:33:
Agrikaan wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 18:14:
Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 16:26:
Being the space sim freak that I am, it would stand to reason that I would be the prime audience for a game like EVE. In truth, given that it's an MMO (which I universally despise), has a monthly fee (which I patently refuse to pay to play a game), is made up of, and in fact is essentially run by, the "hardcore" (in other words, elitist snobs who'll shit all over you for not doing things 'correctly') and is more like a prime time soap opera than a space sim if the press it gets is any indication, I couldn't really care any less about EVE than I do.

All of the quitters can stay quit, and take all of the other drama queens along with them for all I care. Wake me when these obviously talented developers make an actual game.

Haha, who's the drama queen again?

Honestly, you know nothing about the game, and the players apparently. But I agree, it's much more fun to judge and condemn based on feelings and strict home made policies instead of experience and knowledge. It satisifies like nothing else!

Please stay in your room with your hands in the pockets and look all grumpy because the world hasn't yet delivered all that it owes you.

You are EXACTLY the kind of person that plays EVE that I detest. Arrogant, rude, self-important, condescending, and obnoxious. Thank you for so vividly illustrating my point.

You are MOST welcome, please continue to stay away. Even though I don't play EVE. And lets be honest, get a mirror up, and you'll find that the arrogance, rudeness, self-importantness, condescendingness, and obnoxiousness started with you. Sorry for that. If you can't take a reply in kind, don't post. If you want to bash down on something, at least have some good facts on what it is.

You clearly don't have a clue on what the average EVE player is like, I do. You read shit on the internet, voices by the loudmouths (and as you said, the drama queens), and draw your conclusions about the entire game, and the community, from that 1%.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2011, 21:37.

11. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 18:14 Agrikaan

Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 16:26:
Being the space sim freak that I am, it would stand to reason that I would be the prime audience for a game like EVE. In truth, given that it's an MMO (which I universally despise), has a monthly fee (which I patently refuse to pay to play a game), is made up of, and in fact is essentially run by, the "hardcore" (in other words, elitist snobs who'll shit all over you for not doing things 'correctly') and is more like a prime time soap opera than a space sim if the press it gets is any indication, I couldn't really care any less about EVE than I do.

All of the quitters can stay quit, and take all of the other drama queens along with them for all I care. Wake me when these obviously talented developers make an actual game.

Haha, who's the drama queen again?

Honestly, you know nothing about the game, and the players apparently. But I agree, it's much more fun to judge and condemn based on feelings and strict home made policies instead of experience and knowledge. It satisifies like nothing else!

Please stay in your room with your hands in the pockets and look all grumpy because the world hasn't yet delivered all that it owes you.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2011, 18:24.

7. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 15:07 Agrikaan

Tumbler wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 12:15:
The game would be a lot more interesting if that was the normal monthly price. For all the time you spend "playing" the game I'd say $5 is a more reasonable price to ask customers to pay. Maybe limit the equipment/ships you can use at that price if you must, tech 1 stuff only for example.

I think I could justify jumping into the game in a cruiser and frigate and going out to fight for $5 a month. $15 leaves me feeling abused at the end of the month. Thanx for spending 2 hours traveling to a trade hub to sell all the crap you've been collecting for a week. Now give me $15.

No thanx.

Another one who knows nothing. You seem to waste time, and you don't waste more time by grinding in EVE than in any other MMO. Probably less. Unless you want to.

6. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 15:05 Agrikaan

Kastagir wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 12:25:
"Summer drama?" What the heck goes on in this game?

Drama, it's almost like a nerdy soap opera that takes place on
forums and in game. People pretty much play the game for the social
metagame.

You know nothing.

2. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 12:02 Agrikaan

It's true, got one.  

News Comments > RAGE Patched
24. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 16:13 Agrikaan

It always surprises me, techie games in development for years, and on the very same day it's released to the public, everyones drivers are outdated...  

News Comments > New Battlefield 3 Details
27. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 8, 2011, 06:50 Agrikaan

You assume one single sniper. There will be 12/16, or 24/32. You stop to get the bipod down, you're dead before setup is complete. If not, you start to fire against the one, the other 11 or 23 see where your bullets come from. Bang.

I would like to see what new gadgets and tactics they plan for the Recon class. Especially how these will help a team win a Rush/Conquest round when those 12/16 or 24/32 snipers are spread out in bushes along the hills to the sides and corners of the map, or camp back in spawn.

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
41. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 29, 2011, 00:58 Agrikaan

"ALL VERY PREDICTABLE FEEDBACK".
"...we look at what our players do and less of what they say"
- Hilmar, CCP CEO.

After 7 years with 4 accounts, its bye bye.

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
8. Re: Volition Would Feb 8, 2011, 21:11 Agrikaan

I would kill for a modern version av TIE fighter too...  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
26. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 26, 2011, 20:07 Agrikaan

We have the leaders we deserve. Mankind is fucked.  

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo