Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
37. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 18:58 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 18:13:
I'm going to say it's going to be an online FPS called Red Faction: Heroes. It'll have 64 person multiplayer with all the trimmings: multiple game modes, weapon unlocks, perks, destructible terrain, etc. Think Call of Duty on Mars.

Either that or SR5. Sorry to be so cynical.

It's OK, this is Bluesnews, cynicism here is par for the course lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 16:14 Razumen

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:50:
There's a 0% chance it's Freespace. Pretty sure they don't own the IP. But there's a part of me, deep down, that truly believes it's totally gonna be Freespace.

They could always make a "spiritual successor" or whatever, I'd be cool with that.

10. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:19 Razumen

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:12:
nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do hope SR takes a few steps back towards reality. 3 is still my favorite, but 4 seemed too far out there, and not nearly as fun.

This is exactly what several of us said post-release but a lot of people never played 3 due to the dismal PC port and didn't get to see how great it was. Good story with just enough wackiness but it didn't get into the over the top absurdity of 4.

What was wrong with the PC port? First I heard of it being bad, and it played flawlessly on my system.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
54. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 20, 2014, 10:53 Razumen

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 21:11:
Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:01:
Meh, some of us prefer to become actual space combat badasses rather than have it handed to us on a silver platter, but to each their own I guess.

Do we know that? It sounds like all space sims so far have been handed to us on a silver platter.

Thus the "become" part of the equation
Although there's been a few, like Independence War, that have tried to model spaceflight combat more accurately.

48. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 18:22 Razumen

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 18:04:
Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:01:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:40:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:37:
It would make more sense to start off with default "arcade" type controls and let the simmers adjust to their wants/needs, rather than the other way around. I mean the hardcores are the ones that even understand most of those terms etc. But this is what alphas are there for and it all still looks good to me.
At the end of the day I don't particularly care about the MP portion since I don't intend to play it. But for SP I certainly expect it to behave arcadey, either innately or through the flight computer). I want to be a space fighting badass, laws of physics be damned. Having to learn how to really fly a space ship (and repeatedly fail) in an action game is not my idea of fun.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:
It would make more sense to start off with default "arcade" type controls and let the simmers adjust to their wants/needs, rather than the other way around. I mean the hardcores are the ones that even understand most of those terms etc. But this is what alphas are there for and it all still looks good to me.

I can not begin to tell you people how weird it is to feel like I am nearly alone as a non-cynic with regards to this game. My wife is constantly bagging on me for being too cynical. I find it very humorous that while I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper, I am not any less enthusiastic about this game than I was when the project began either. I must be mellowing in my old age. (or it could be that the 35 dollar price tag just doesn't yank my chain hard enough to make me care about every little thing that may or may not be going wrong)

I'm with you. I think a lot of people are, it's just the naysayers tend to be vocal.
Agreed in full.

Meh, some of us prefer to become actual space combat badasses rather than have it handed to us on a silver platter, but to each their own I guess.
I'm not necessarily opposed to that. The problem is that fighter pilots fall distinctly into a bell curve. Most of us will never be good enough.

Depends on what type of bell curve really...but anyways, that's what the flight assist functions are for I imagine, players that want arcade controls can leave them on, others can play around to their hearts content.

44. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 17:01 Razumen

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:40:
At the end of the day I don't particularly care about the MP portion since I don't intend to play it. But for SP I certainly expect it to behave arcadey, either innately or through the flight computer). I want to be a space fighting badass, laws of physics be damned. Having to learn how to really fly a space ship (and repeatedly fail) in an action game is not my idea of fun.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:

I can not begin to tell you people how weird it is to feel like I am nearly alone as a non-cynic with regards to this game. My wife is constantly bagging on me for being too cynical. I find it very humorous that while I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper, I am not any less enthusiastic about this game than I was when the project began either. I must be mellowing in my old age. (or it could be that the 35 dollar price tag just doesn't yank my chain hard enough to make me care about every little thing that may or may not be going wrong)

I'm with you. I think a lot of people are, it's just the naysayers tend to be vocal.
Agreed in full.

18. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 12:46 Razumen

Jivaro wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:36:
I take it they can't simply make it so a player can choose between "arcade" and "realistic" (complete with fine tuning adjustments to just how real it really is) because one side or the other would have an unfair advantage in PVP?

If they fine tune the game's computer safety assists, then such an option would be irrelevant - people that want arcadey combat would leave them on (I think they're on by default?) while others looking for more control would experiment and turn some of them off for certain situations.

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV Preorders
5. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV Preorders Jun 18, 2014, 16:32 Razumen

Theo wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:31:
nin wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:33:
Theo wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:27:
come back GFWL all is forgiven......

No, all is not forgiven, nor will it be.

hehe in the SFiV world it is... Steamworks is terrible in comparison; laggy, bad in matches, now laggy in single player, iffy match making..... you name it... :-(

assume it will get fixed tho, and hope so, cause SF is terrible on PC now for quiet a few of us.

I'd imagine that's more due to the game's bad network coding than steamworks, which likely does little more than help the initial connection between games. afaik Steamworks is not a replacement for a game's netcode.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 17:31 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:51:
Numinar wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 08:45:
For Newt I always assumed the smartass aliens were using her as bait to get a spaceship to come pick them up. Worked!

Heh that's true.... but are Aliens that intelligent? I doubt it, otherwise they'd not have infected Ripley in Aliens 3 with a queen, knowing fully well that's the host who was the most likely to prevent hatching any way possible

Who knows, I doubt facehuggers have much more of an inclination towards anything besides finding a host, and whatever type of alien is born is more likely determined biologically by the need of the alien group at the moment. They needed a new queen so perhaps they're biologically hardwired to create one regardless of the situation.

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
26. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 8, 2014, 17:22 Razumen

siapnar wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:37:
KTR wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:35:
Business model seems fine to me. Pretty confident that all the popular mods/content will be free anyways.
I like the optimism, it's refreshing

No kidding, I usually avoid reading the comments on Bluesnews because it's all usually pissy and pessimistic...

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
18. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 12:06 Razumen

Hopefully this one has more than one active skill, yeah, probably not.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
22. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 17:38 Razumen

avianflu wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:51
uite a few of their earlier posted shots of the HD version show LOTS of texture stretching on anything that isnt a figure. AKA they are cherry picking screenshots.

Fun game in any case. [/quote:

It's likely they are just upping the resolution of the textures, not reskinning anything, so any texture misalignments, stretching, etc. that was there originally is still going to be there in this version.

19. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 14:57 Razumen

Fantaz wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:33:
they're comparing the old PS2 port to PC version with their new GameCube port to PC one. what a joke!

No they're not, you can toggle between both HD and original textures within the game...

12. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 11:56 Razumen

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:47:
Razumen wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:44:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:19:
I'll ask again... does this one support the xbox controller?

The release says full game controller support, what more do you want? DDR pad support?
No, I want full Colecovision controller support!

Thanks for the info

No problem, sorry for the snarkiness, sometimes this place rubs off on ya

8. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 11:44 Razumen

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:19:
I'll ask again... does this one support the xbox controller?

The release says full game controller support, what more do you want? DDR pad support?

4. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 11:13 Razumen

Those 2560x1600 screens look really nice, the textures may not be all that super HD, but who knows what they're working with for originals. Hopefully this is ends up as the PC version we deserve.  

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
30. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 10, 2014, 00:18 Razumen

DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 16:08:
Seventyfive wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 15:16:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 14:55:
This would be more acceptable if it offered something like over the top amazing level of destruction, as it's being made with Source 2 I bet even the scorch mark decals don't stay on walls very long.

Not sure if you've played Hawken but it's only 8v8 and it's plenty exciting and fun.

Player numbers are less of a concern actually, it's the implementation of AI squadmates. They always end up being less than intelligent and blocking your path. I'm not sure what tweaks they've made to Source 2 but that's an engine pretty long in the tooth for a major overhaul.

Engine's don't really have much of an effect on AI directly, you can have amazing AI in Quake 1 (and there was some great deathmatch bots released) but shit AI in Rage, it's all up to the AI programmer and how many resources they want to devote to it.

9. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 09:46 Razumen

InBlack wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 09:31:
Razumen wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 09:14:
Necrophob wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 09:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 08:58:
6vs6 is going to be EPIC!
This game is on the wait and see list. The more details they release the less excited I get about it.

6 vs 6? It's so weird. Back in the early 2000's, I didn't play as many games or follow what was going on, due to college, but I seem to recall games supporting more and more players in multiplayer. At what point did the gaming world get hit by a massive meteor, wiping out all the progress that was made?

Not every game needs a bigger and bigger player count. Sometimes less is more.

Especially if you want to save and make money. You know, make smaller levels, less poly count (So it can run on the shitboxes) and hell then you can even call it a feature!

No, it's easier to design a game that requires tight teamwork with less players than one with too many - just look at Battlefield. This has nothing to do with the performance of the console.

5. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 09:14 Razumen

Necrophob wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 09:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 08:58:
6vs6 is going to be EPIC!
This game is on the wait and see list. The more details they release the less excited I get about it.

6 vs 6? It's so weird. Back in the early 2000's, I didn't play as many games or follow what was going on, due to college, but I seem to recall games supporting more and more players in multiplayer. At what point did the gaming world get hit by a massive meteor, wiping out all the progress that was made?

Not every game needs a bigger and bigger player count. Sometimes less is more.

News Comments > Fallouts Returning to Steam
30. Re: Fallouts Returning to Steam Jan 5, 2014, 11:52 Razumen

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 02:35:
Razumen wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 01:52:
Huh? You need to log into Steam to play your games, EVEN if you turn offline mode on. That's pretty obvious an implementation of DRM, stop being a blatant troll.
Again, FALSE. See my previous reply right before yours

Its correct for majority, but not all. And your reply didn't leave any room for exceptions.

It's not false at all, everything I said is true. A ridiculously small 0.04% of drm free games out of the entirety of Steam's library doesn't change the fact that Steam is by far and large a DRM dominant platform

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo