Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 447 (Amateur)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
10. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 19:35 Razumen

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 15:16:
Razumen wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 12:59:
InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 12:13:
So much for being mod friendly...

Yes, I can understand their main reasons, but the clarification stating that custom models and skins NOT in the market are not allowed either is just plain BS.

I guess you can still do so on non-community servers though, so I think it only affects ranked servers - I don't know how much impact it will have on modding anyways.

That clarification has been crossed out on the source page. Blue doesn't mention that this message to server operators asking them to adhere to new guidelines is from 6 months ago, July '15, so it may be that particular statement was redacted since then. The actual news is that they just recently began taking action against those who refused. All of what's quoted here is itself an italicized quote on the source blog, this is the framing text:

In July 2015 the CS:GO team reached out with a request to server operators to stop providing services that falsify the contents of a player’s profile or inventory:

---

In January 2016, we permanently disabled Game Server Login Tokens belonging to server operators that were providing free or paid services that falsified the contents of a player’s profile or inventory. The Steam user that generated the tokens is now also permanently restricted from creating new GSLTs.
A new Steam user account associated with a new qualifying phone number (http://www.steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers) will be required to create new GSLTs.
To avoid future disruption game server operators are best advised to comply with CS:GO server operation guidelines described above.

Yes, it looks like they redacted that one clause, so there shouldn't be any worry about modding in custom guns.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
3. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 12:59 Razumen

InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 12:13:
So much for being mod friendly...

Yes, I can understand their main reasons, but the clarification stating that custom models and skins NOT in the market are not allowed either is just plain BS.

I guess you can still do so on non-community servers though, so I think it only affects ranked servers - I don't know how much impact it will have on modding anyways.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
39. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 19:41 Razumen

She makes (some) good observations, but not very good conclusions. I don't agree that a woman character in a game can't be a strong one just because she's also sexy-that seems counter intuitive to the whole feminist ideal.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2016, 12:03 Razumen

Not sure how they figured that setting FIRE to a combination of soap and gas would leave the house clean. They even said beforehand that it would explode...  

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
12. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 17, 2016, 23:47 Razumen

Jerykk wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 00:09:
Razumen wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 22:32:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 17:39:
Task wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 02:08:
A jRPG just isn't a jRPG without a game name like that.

This isn't a JRPG...

Sure it is. That's pretty literally what it is.

Dragon's Dogma is an action game with RPG elements (like Dark Souls and Bloodborne). Calling that a JRPG is like calling Borderlands a CRPG.

It's more of an RPG with action so far, which would be ARPG, but there's definitely elements of JRPGs as well.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
8. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 22:32 Razumen

Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 17:39:
Task wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 02:08:
A jRPG just isn't a jRPG without a game name like that.

This isn't a JRPG...

Sure it is. That's pretty literally what it is.

News Comments > New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic
26. Re: New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic Jan 15, 2016, 10:26 Razumen

The episodic model is shite for games, TV shows don't have to deal with software bugs, testing multiple hardware platforms, changing gameplay mechanics, quality assurance via playtesters, and more.

What this probably will result in is increasingly more and more rushed releases of levels and an overall less polished and complete game once it's fully released.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
10. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 14, 2016, 10:10 Razumen

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 00:10:
NKD wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 22:36:
Holy shit you're right there's literally a motherfucker with a fedora (or is it a trilby?).

Trilby. The iconic plumage of hipster spunk trumpets everywhere.

Only gentlemen wear fedoras.

Not really, Trilbys look better on thinner men, while fedoras on people with wider shoulders. The guy at 6:30 definitely should not be wearing a shallow brimmed hat like the Trilby.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow Jan 13, 2016, 15:27 Razumen

harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 14:35:
Razumen wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 14:23:
harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 12:49:
they said no microtransactions, not no paid dlc, which has been there since the beginning

but they went ahead and put in microtransactions anyway, which is honestly pretty expected these days... where every business is run by dishonest despicable toolbags

Yes, but the post says "this is another disappointment to fans of the game, who were long ago not to expect such paid offerings" which makes it sound like they promised never to release paid heists.

i was responding to Blue, who was the one that wrote that in error

Oops my bad.

Anyways, it's sad that this game's reputation been tarnished by their latest actions, it really was quite a fun game.

6. Re: PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow Jan 13, 2016, 14:23 Razumen

harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 12:49:
they said no microtransactions, not no paid dlc, which has been there since the beginning

but they went ahead and put in microtransactions anyway, which is honestly pretty expected these days... where every business is run by dishonest despicable toolbags

Yes, but the post says "this is another disappointment to fans of the game, who were long ago not to expect such paid offerings" which makes it sound like they promised never to release paid heists.

4. Re: PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow Jan 13, 2016, 12:23 Razumen

Who were told not to expect paid heists? I don't believe they've ever said that.

Anyways, this looks like silly fun, leave it up to people to complain about everything.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 13:29 Razumen

Linksil wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 14:20:
When they start talking about upgrade path and mods for weapons they make me wonder about the game. I know it's not going to be DOOM, but a game within the DOOM setting. Here's hoping they can do better then the last 3 times.

Oh it's Doom alright, and lots of people are going to love it, but the old crusty 'fans' will be butt hurt, whine complain that it's not a straight conversion of the 90's version, even if all it takes is a little bit of modding to make it into something closer.

News Comments > DOOM in June?
6. Re: DOOM in June? Jan 8, 2016, 12:38 Razumen

Looking forward to it a lot, the latest screenshots showed quite a bit of color variety, and the multiplayer beta was a lot of fun as well, though I'm more interested in the SP portion.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
12. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:37 Razumen

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 12:01:
harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:01:
if you expect VR to happen at anything below the high-end enthusiast level, you are kidding yourself

600$ is well above high end, $400 would still be considered that.

News Comments > VIVE Pre Changes
12. Re: VIVE Pre Changes Jan 6, 2016, 10:21 Razumen

Arithon wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 06:49:
I'm glad they've improved the design of the headset, as it was heavy and hot to wear. Straps and other adjustments take care of factors like my big head and large nose. That's easy.

The problem for me is the giant (size of a squared-off coffee cup) PIR sensors. Now they've said these are now smaller and less noisy (noisy?!) and can be tripod mounted.
But that is hopelessly impracticable for anyone who doesn't have a dedicated VR room or a huge amount of space around their PC (which I don't).

Until they come up with something that doesn't require 15sq ft of space, or huge wall-mounted "lighthouses" then the Vive has to remain off my list.

It doesn't require 15sq ft (which isn't that much BTW), you can use it sitting at your desk. And placing something the size of a small coffee cup on or near your desk is hardly impractical (or huge). The speakers on my desk are larger than that.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
34. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 19:41 Razumen

Kxmode wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 17:56:
Razumen wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 10:29:
Like DNF ever had a publicly playable version of its original version...get a grip man.

Well of course not. DNF wasn't a crowdfunded game.

Irrelevant, by all accounts it never made as much progress as SC did without having to restart over and over again.

18. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 10:29 Razumen

harlock wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 05:25:
Dagnamit wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 23:47:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 20:05:
harlock wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:24:
with each passing month it becomes increasingly likely this will forever remain an attempt at a proof-of-concept tech demo

Hard to argue against that assertion.
wss

it's almost as if they're in the middle of making a video game.

yeh, just like 3d Realms when they were in the middle of making Duke Nukem Forever

just like that

Like DNF ever had a publicly playable version of its original version...get a grip man.

13. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 00:31 Razumen

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 23:13:
The whole FUCKING thing is a alpha so why do you even have a secondary test server?

Because you might not want everyone to play on the more buggy version? Separate servers for advance versions is not uncommon.

9. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 25, 2015, 22:05 Razumen

Kosumo wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 14:59:
Nice, classic RSI double talk in this -

"- PTU is not about “early access” to content; it’s intended for actual testing of features, content, and updates."

with this earlier in the same announcement

"We know some of you really want to check out the flight-ready Freelancer as well as the hangar-ready Sabre, so take a look at the updated 2.1.0"

That sums up Chris Roberts perfectly. Speaking with forked tounge.

I do give them props for getting their "2.0 alpha" (what is an alpha when its a 2.0 anyway) out before the New Year but it does sound like its riddled with problems.

Still, over the last couple of months they have raked in millions of dollars they claim so they have brought themselves some time to help sort out the mismanagement issuies that have plauged this prodject.

Wow, you're REALLY twisting his words there. It's not double talk at all, it's just a disclaimer that the PTU is bound to be a bit more buggy than the regular alpha, that's why they opened up 2.1.0 PTU to everyone rather than force it on everyone on the Live service and thus make their experience worse since they haven't ironed out the worst issues.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
77. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 21, 2015, 17:27 Razumen

Sgt. Rock wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 17:04:
AmericanWulf wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 15:37:
It looks better in real-time when they land on the planet.

How come that video is a lot choppier than the trailer. I'm guessing because that trailer is prerender, even though they're saying it's not.

Besides the fact that the trailer's camera is smoother because it's on a predetermined course, it may have also just been on a faster computer. Doesn't mean it's pre-rendered, there isn't even a noticeable difference in quality in order to even suppose that.

447 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo