Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ashley

Real Name Ashley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ashley
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 26, 2010, 16:11
Total Comments 86 (Suspect)
User ID 55560

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering - Tactics This Month
2. Re: Magic: The Gathering - Tactics This Month Jan 8, 2011, 21:43 Ashley

bobbyric wrote on Jan 8, 2011, 14:22:
the game looks like ass.

another example of some VP/ceo/manager saying "Oh yeah let's make a 3D RPG game! how's it going to work? I don't know, it's your job to make it work!"

I was excited to maybe find some fresh Magic CCG action online but I'm afraid bobby's right. Looks a lot like a recent Stardock offering that disappointed me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
5. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 22:35 Ashley

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 21:58:
If they consolize this I'll kill them! I wish they'd patch up Deadly Shadows to be playable under Vista/7.

And Shalebridge Cradle is still the best designed horror themed zone ever. I constantly kept jumping out of my seat and getting all freaked out in there.

I too fear that they'll apply console gaming's overpowering philo$ophy for selling more copies.
"Make them think they are thinking and they will love you.
Make them think and they will hate you."

Shalebridge Cradle, aaahhh, good times ... good times....

News Comments > Shafer and Stern Join Stardock
8. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 5, 2011, 08:36 Ashley

I thought Shafer went there because Brad told him he could write that fantasy novel he always dreamed of writing and get it published even if it wasn't very good. He just has to pretend to make a game that ties in with it. They can always fix the game later with patches but he will be a famous author by then. FTW!
Guess Stern is there to fix Shafer's project down the road

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 3, 2011, 21:31 Ashley

WOW!

I was skeptical and figured they just found a workaround that ran rogue code in between checks. But no, they rooted the PS3 to the core.

I don't think they can tell if it is legit code running or not anymore.
WOW!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2011, 10:50 Ashley

necrosis wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 10:31:
LittleMe wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 10:12:
Is it worth getting upset over?
No, probably not. But it is just another spit in the face to PC users who always get short changed when it comes to gaming.

For once we work for something and get it before console kiddies and then they just get it handed to them.

Necro, I feel the same way but don't forget that the pendulum always seems to swing between $$$$$ and 'innovation'. It's just a matter of time and I think that a compromise between keyboard/mouse and gamepad/joystick will make PC and console versions of a game the same and end the madness.
Will it be motion, speech recognition, touch, neural implants??? I don't know, I just think we are near to finding a user interface that will work for everything including PC and Console games.
Hope this helps you feel better

News Comments > New Year Legal Briefs
1. Re: Programmer jailed three years over plot Jan 1, 2011, 16:57 Ashley

There is waaaaaaaaay more to this story. 3 years was a gift for his cooperation in not disclosing the incredible mismanagement and insecurity of FM's systems
Think about it. He created such a clever logic bomb that covered its tracks but when they found it, it was instantly identified as written by him?

ComplexLogicNombThatCoversItsTracksVeryWell.scp Last modified by Rajendrasinh Babubhai Makwana on 10/24/08.........22kb

LOL yeah, right.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
46. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Jan 1, 2011, 07:32 Ashley

Gee, Dev, I actually get that idea from the work that I do for a living.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2011, 07:43.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
19. Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 17:37 Ashley

There was a technical issue that caused interrupted gameplay for some players. It will be back once it is resolved.
It's not all bad. They are going to make better games based on watching how you make decisions while playing these games. It'll be kind of like how Google Instant uses data of what you normally like to do in order to enhance your future search experience.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Project LovePlus On 3DS Has A “Boyfriend Lock”. Dec 27, 2010, 18:20 Ashley

Does it use an infrared heatmap of his face or can I spoof it by printing out a lifesized picture of his head?
I NEED TO KNOW WHY HE LOVES HER MORE THAN MEEEEEEE!!!!

News Comments > More Legal Fallout
28. Re: More Legal Fallout Dec 23, 2010, 20:47 Ashley

Money will win.
Fallout NYC with a string of DLCs is a much safer bet for the future than Fallout MMO.
Given a choice, I'd invest in FO NYC over FO MMO in a New York minute

News Comments > Alganon Interview
5. Re: Alganon Interview Dec 21, 2010, 16:34 Ashley

I would love to hear what Derek thinks of the Evochron games. I always kinda expected him to become a part of that.
MMORPG? Not so much.

5. Re: Kinect SEX!!! Dec 21, 2010, 13:53 Ashley

Actually, it's already available in several forms on XBD though it's hard to find the instructions for connecting to XBD still (I use a netbook running Ubuntu which my XB360 uses as a proxy to get on XBD. I've seen rumors of an Android solution too.)

I imagine M$ will crush the burgeoning XBDead net soon as it becomes mainstream but the Kinect sheet on their now is incredible and I hope another underground net can go up if when this one is taken down.

News Comments > Elemental Patched
15. Elemental Patched Dec 15, 2010, 20:00 Ashley

This is becoming a very dangerous 'money pit' and repeated 'reputation damager' for a large and successful company. They need to kill it now before it pushes them past the point of no return.

Space Captain, you have very smart things to say but you always intersperse them with "Something very bad happened to me once and I can't let it go!!!!"
Validating rule 19 isn't going to help you move on. Just let it go. Avoid the hate. Denounce the hate. Rep or dem doesn't matter. It's just a thin veil for succumbing to hate. Let it go man. I hope this helps. It saddens me to see so many hate because of something inside THEM not because of the object of their hate.

News Comments > Splinter Cell 6 Revealed
22. Re: Splinter Cell 6 Revealed Nov 28, 2010, 11:14 Ashley

ochentay4 wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 08:54:
So, we ALL agree Splinter Cell should play like Chaos Theory, right? Ubisoft should know this.

THIS!

My first 'THIS' post. Felt good

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: ARTISAN KAI.g3 HIEN SOFT Nov 6, 2010, 21:13 Ashley

Best product review

EVAR!!!

1. Re: Mafia Boss Arrested While Playing Godfather Xbox Game Nov 3, 2010, 12:25 Ashley

Microsoft coordinated with officials by letting them know when he was logged into Xbox live and playing his game.
That way they knew for sure that he was there and distracted.

What will you be playing when they come for you?

News Comments > Elemental Interview
5. Re: Elemental Interview Nov 1, 2010, 14:06 Ashley

This game could've been made in Flash.

I assumed that it was just a vehicle to promote Brad's book as he establishes his fantasy writing career.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Pumpple Oct 30, 2010, 18:39 Ashley

I like pie  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2010, 20:17 Ashley

Agreed, I kept waiting for some big percussion thing to crack in and make it awesome. Still waiting....

I liked seeing 'The Dude'.
He abides, you know.

kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 14:17:
I'm trying to like TRON: Legacy - Daft Punk Derezzed but the music sounds lackluster.

News Comments > Kotick More Influential than the President
20. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 18:47 Ashley

Stewart is effective at the age old art of removing the intellectuals from the demographic.
His debating trick goes like this...
He debates with someone.
If he starts to lose, he makes a clever joke or does some comedy routine and ends the debate. Looking like a cool funny guy.
WIN
If he wins the debate, well,
WIN

People who understand debating can only stomach this 4 or 5 times before they move on, no matter how funny or clever it is. So you end up with a demographic that lacks that critical edge and is easier to get a 'not quite' correct message to.

That's pretty damned influential

He's a nice guy, I know this must eat at his gut sometimes.

86 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo